Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does Anything Compare to Wisdom?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Personally I believe the Bible contains some Truth as expressed through man.

Jesus is the Truth.

He is the sum of all Truth as can only be expressed by Wisdom.

Let me explain by giving an example [from scripture].

4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly, Lest you also be like him. Proverbs 26:4
5 Answer a fool according to his folly, Lest he be wise in his own eyes. Proverbs 26:5

Which one of these two verses of bible scripture that say exactly the opposite, is the Truth?

The answer is what Jesus was waiting for, in this confrontation.

3 Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, 4 they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. 5 Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?" 6 This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. John 8:3-6

Scripture truth states - Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned.

By the Truth said - "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

Wisdom expressed the Truth.

JLB

In wisdom, what 'went away' wasn't the just requirement for punishment for sin. What went away was the way that justice was handed out.

Wisdom found a way to uphold the law, but remove mankind from under the condemnation of the law.

While thinking of these things I like also turning my focus to Saul of Tarsus. How did Wisdom handle that one who murdered those who followed after "The Way" of Christ? What happened to the requirement(s) of the LAW? This endpoint fact is a finish nail for the understanding of the subject.

~Sparrow

Scripture says nothing about applying hearted love to other people. Rather, God commands for His people to love Him with "All " their heart, leaving no human hearted love from them for people. Strangely, God commands all of that for Himself even while He, being Himself Love, specifies "agape does not seek its own."

I have learned not that I demonstrate it perfectly. that overall without Christ the person doesn't know how to love. today its perverted into what is in it for me. we have redefined marriage from a loving man and women to two partners making a contract of having sex and if they want its a bit more.
The only reason given in The NT for Christians to get married is so that they can "avoid fornication." Read it for yourself.

Scripture says nothing about applying hearted love to other people. Rather, God commands for His people to love Him with "All " their heart, leaving no human hearted love from them for people. Strangely, God commands all of that for Himself even while He, being Himself Love, specifies "agape does not seek its own."
"Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for each other, love one another deeply, from the heart." (1 Peter 1:22 NIV)

I think what you mean is human love (conditional, self seeking, grasping love that when we have it stirs the heart) is not commanded by God. But 'agape' love can surely stir the heart, too.

The only reason given in The NT for Christians to get married is so that they can "avoid fornication." Read it for yourself.
I'm of the opinion that the Bible means they should get married if they've already committed fornication. Not so much to avoid it. Been married thirty years. Sex is NOT a good reason to get married. You need more than that, 'cause when that's gone (and it will surely go for one of you) you'll have nothing. I don't believe God was saying we should do that to ourselves for the sake of avoiding fornication.

Yes! avoid fornication. But don't get married willy-nilly to do that. That's nuts. But if you've already failed that way that's where the married card should be considered.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back