Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God hear the prayer of the Lost person other than the prayer for salvation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ezra

i had this discussion on face book till it went viral and unlearned comments took over

my answer is No the only prayer that is heard of the lost non saved is prayer for salvation ,
a few scriptures to back up what i stand on
John 9:31

“Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.”
james 5: 13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. the lost are Not righteous those are the 2 main set of scriptures that i stand on..

to be honest i doubt this goes about as far as a car with out gasoline.. but i will give it a try... so many out there simply does know basic Bible ...one remark God forgives all of course i had one said they may post a cuss word .then they have to ask forgiveness. completly off the topic

in psalms David wrote
Psalm 66:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

Those are interesting passages. Maybe when the heart of the unbeliever or sinner is open to praying knowing God is there God then hears?
As to the last part of your comments, though you said it was totally off topic, I knew a man on a forum, a Christian site, who after every post no matter how long or short, he would close with, forgive me.

Those are interesting passages. Maybe when the heart of the unbeliever or sinner is open to praying knowing God is there God then hears?
As to the last part of your comments, though you said it was totally off topic, I knew a man on a forum, a Christian site, who after every post no matter how long or short, he would close with, forgive me.
i have said nothing off topic i used psalms as illustration . it can be good to close prayer with forgive me there is sin of omission and sin of commission ..which many time Christians are guilty of to him who knows to do Good and dont is a sin.. let me rephrase a statement i do believe Go hears all prayers to some degree . but he will not honor a lost man prayer other than for salvation . as for the saved there is certain things that can hinder our prayers. it is Good to ask the Lord forgive us where we failed him

i have said nothing off topic i used psalms as illustration . it can be good to close prayer with forgive me there is sin of omission and sin of commission ..which many time Christians are guilty of to him who knows to do Good and dont is a sin.. let me rephrase a statement i do believe Go hears all prayers to some degree . but he will not honor a lost man prayer other than for salvation . as for the saved there is certain things that can hinder our prayers. it is Good to ask the Lord forgive us where we failed him
To the contrary, you said this: ".then they have to ask forgiveness. completly off the topic "
It was that to which I was referring.

In all actuality if God did not hear the prayer of the lost person then the person seeking to repent and enter into God's call to his grace would not be able to answer that call by the only means available , prayer to God.

and doeth his will, him he heareth.”

This is what it is all about, doing Gods will. God's will is that all would humble themselves and turn back to Him as when they do then God will hear their prayer. It's having a heart of repentance that we come to Him as He draws us to Him.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

That simply reiterates the passages that say God doesn't hear sinners prayers. A sinner or unbeliever wouldn't do God's will because they are not saved so as to do so, in the case of the sinner. Or they don't believe in God.

I'd be careful in thinking God said he doesn't hear the prayer of the sinner.
John 9:31 is a first person narrative. Not a passage wherein it relates, "God said".

How could anyone come to salvation if God ignored the world's people who are dead in their sins. How would the death on the cross be anything but forfeit if God would then not listen to those for whom it was done when they prayed to be washed clean?

I'd be careful in thinking God said he doesn't hear the prayer of the sinner.
John 9:31 is a first person narrative. Not a passage wherein it relates, "God said".

How could anyone come to salvation if God ignored the world's people who are dead in their sins. How would the death on the cross be anything but forfeit if God would then not listen to those for whom it was done when they prayed to be washed clean?
that is not what i said in the O.P he hears the the lost cry out for salvation.. a ladytold me her lost boy friend prayed for her to be healed and she was..not by his prayer

that is not what i said in the O.P he hears the the lost cry out for salvation.. a ladytold me her lost boy friend prayed for her to be healed and she was..not by his prayer
That's not what is in the passage posted in that OP. I've separated the sentences for clarity and highlighted the relevant points.

“Now we know that God heareth not sinners:

but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.”

i had this discussion on face book till it went viral and unlearned comments took over

my answer is No the only prayer that is heard of the lost non saved is prayer for salvation ,
a few scriptures to back up what i stand on

“Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.”
james 5: 13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. the lost are Not righteous those are the 2 main set of scriptures that i stand on..

to be honest i doubt this goes about as far as a car with out gasoline.. but i will give it a try... so many out there simply does know basic Bible ...one remark God forgives all of course i had one said they may post a cuss word .then they have to ask forgiveness. completly off the topic

in psalms David wrote
Psalm 66:18 King James Version (KJV)
18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

It was a good question, and a great answer.
I ever tell you about the time that the Lord let me drive on an empty tank of gas? He basically translated me is what I think. So, you never know...

Maybe it would be good to consider Jacob's Ladder on this topic? Jesus was at the right hand of God up above, and the Ladder represents the Holy Spirit! Chew on that for awhile with regards to your question...

It was a good question, and a great answer.
I ever tell you about the time that the Lord let me drive on an empty tank of gas? He basically translated me is what I think. So, you never know...

Maybe it would be good to consider Jacob's Ladder on this topic? Jesus was at the right hand of God up above, and the Ladder represents the Holy Spirit! Chew on that for awhile with regards to your question...
throw something to chew on first.. james 5
Meeting Specific Needs
13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. where does it say the unrighteous prayer of the lost will be heard other than for salvation... God Grace mercy is with the Lost i can testify i had several wrecks that should have took me out.. the grace i speak of is favor not saving grace... still waiting on something to chew on sorry

throw something to chew on first.. james 5
Meeting Specific Needs
13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. 16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit. where does it say the unrighteous prayer of the lost will be heard other than for salvation... God Grace mercy is with the Lost i can testify i had several wrecks that should have took me out.. the grace i speak of is favor not saving grace... still waiting on something to chew on sorry

Oh brother, forgive me if I have failed to convey my point. I must've been unclear. There. I've confessed one of my faults to you. I have always liked that that scripture, and you make a good point. Oddly enough, we're indoctrinated to not confess our faults, to have an ego. The, I'm bigger and badder than you! They say this is a man. I call BS on that, lol. That's not humble. We're instructed to be humble. Sometimes it's easy to forget that in today's world. There's no unity in being a man with an ego. By confessing our faults to one another, we bring ourselves all onto the same level. Which is humble and promotes unity in the body.

Maybe I did mean favor Brother, lol. My fault. The whole jacobs ladder thing was a hint that we must stay in the Spirit. Walk in the Spirit and be led by the Spirit. Only in this way can the Angels do the ascending and descending from from the Lord to us and flow through us unto others like a river to do His will.

I think God hers all of everybody's prayer.
psalms says if i regard iniquity in my heart ---

Psalm 66:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord " will not hear me:"
19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

so imo we need keep things squared away with God before praying

so imo we need keep things squared away with God before praying
How about a "sinner's prayer"?
That's a prayer by someone who realizes he is NOT squared away with God.

I think God hears every prayer.
But He does not bless sin.
Like: "Please, God, don't let me get caught!"

I don't see a sinners prayer in scripture, maybe one could say the sinners prayer when coming to faith and repentance, but a prayer isn't what saves you, it's faith

I don't see a sinners prayer in scripture, maybe one could say the sinners prayer when coming to faith and repentance, but a prayer isn't what saves you, it's faith
the sinners prayer is Lord have mercy on me a sinner man a prayer from the heart Romans 10:10

Back