Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does God hear the prayer of the Lost person other than the prayer for salvation

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It would be really easy to start issuing warning points in this thread. Lots of TOS 2.4 violations.

2 things.
1. Become very familiar with our current TOS. This will be the only friendly reminder. Next step will be points being issued where you can expect a PM from staff.

2. This thread is not about the Trinity. If any feels the need to debate this issue, start a new thread.

1128250990.jpeg
We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is a worshiper of God and does his will, God listens to him. (John 9:31)
1 Peter 3:12 "For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

God calls whom he will to him. Those who seek him that he has predestined to follow the voice of his son he hears because he knows them by name before the advent of the world and its creation.
John 15:16
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

Sometimes these type discussions invite the charge that the scriptures referred to reflect Calvinism. Jesus words preceded John Calvin though as did God's word so the distraction of that charge is invalid.
Well said!
I was on a forum once where anyone who referred to such scriptures as God's predestination passages and predetermination were asked, Are you a Calvinist? Or they were outright accused.
Again, good post!

]It would be really easy to start issuing warning points in this thread. Lots of TOS 2.4 violations.

2 things.
1. Become very familiar with our current TOS. This will be the only friendly reminder. Next step will be points being issued where you can expect a PM from staff.

2. This thread is not about the Trinity. If any feels the need to debate this issue, start a new thread.

Well said!
I was on a forum once where anyone who referred to such scriptures as God's predestination passages and predetermination were asked, Are you a Calvinist? Or they were outright accused.
Again, good post!
It's always kind of concerning when people on one hand say they believe the bible is the word of God and on the other argue that the bible doesn't really say what people post as scripture taken from the bible.
God's elect in scripture predates any denominational teaching. In fact denominations in my view eviscerate the body of Christ. Because men take the truth of the Gospel and then add their take on it, giving their name to that so as to in effect become immortal for having manufactured a denomination that conflates their ideal with God's simple truth.

Then people , as you note when encountering opponents of Calvinist denomination, fight over what is extra-biblical doctrine created by those men the denomination is named after.
God's elect are God's chosen. That's not Calvinist or anyone else. That's God.

It's always kind of concerning when people on one hand say they believe the bible is the word of God and on the other argue that the bible doesn't really say what people post as scripture taken from the bible.
God's elect in scripture predates any denominational teaching. In fact denominations in my view eviscerate the body of Christ. Because men take the truth of the Gospel and then add their take on it, giving their name to that so as to in effect become immortal for having manufactured a denomination that conflates their ideal with God's simple truth.

Then people , as you note when encountering opponents of Calvinist denomination, fight over what is extra-biblical doctrine created by those men the denomination is named after.
God's elect are God's chosen. That's not Calvinist or anyone else. That's God.
Agreed.
I think that is why the body of Christ, his church, is so fractured today. God is obscured by ideas concerning denominational allegiance.
How many people have you met that will say, as you discuss your faith together, they don't do that at my church.
We don't believe that way. Or, we don't believe in that.

Back