Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Does James 2 Teach Works for Salvation?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thank you sir, having a bit of trouble navigating it. Others I have been on send me an email taking me to replies to me, is there a way to do that here as well that you know of?
You should be getting ALERTS under the bell up on top, right hand side. The envelope is for PMs.
I'll send you one now.

Thank you sir, having a bit of trouble navigating it. Others I have been on send me an email taking me to replies to me, is there a way to do that here as well that you know of?
If you will go to post 1566 above (or 1580), on this page, you will be able to tap on the name of "wondering" and direct message her with your question.

Jesus is the solution for sinning.
Turn from sin and get baptized into Him and into His death and burial and one will be raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
The newborn's life is without sin, as the old man's flesh has been killed so we can walk in the Spirit.

The only writings from the early church are in the bible.
The bible was compiled by the Church Fathers.
If you trust it, you trust them.

Didn't you just illustrate how you think it can be done?
Don't you believe yourself?

If one need to confess sins everyday, how can one say one are walking in God/light? (1 John 1:6)
So you believe you sin, but you confess every day?
First part reply to 1575.

You don't believe you ever sin!
Second part reply to 1575.

The bible was compiled by the Church Fathers.
If you trust it, you trust them.
I trust Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, Jude, and James.
They are the writers in contact with Jesus Christ.
Anybody after them is automatically suspect until their works are proven true.

So you believe you sin, but you confess every day?
First part reply to 1575.
No.
My point was that YOU illustrated a way YOU could actually say YOU were free of sin.
It is a false way, but you presented a way to be able to say you have no sin.
You don't believe you ever sin!
No I no longer commit sin, thanks be to God.
With His Spirit in me, I have the power to maintain my repentance from sin.
Second part reply to 1575.

I trust Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul, Jude, and James.
They are the writers in contact with Jesus Christ.
Anybody after them is automatically suspect until their works are proven true.
Um.
I don't think so.
John is the only writer in contact with Jesus.
(Gospels)

Last edited:
No.
My point was that YOU illustrated a way YOU could actually say YOU were free of sin.

H,
I was explaining what you thought were contradictory statements.
I don't make contradictory statements because I know very well what you believe.

Are you also doing lots of good works?
Jesus said we would be judged on our good deeds.
John 5:28-29

No.

PS
I'd never say I have no sin.
I don't believe it's possible.
I know,,,,,it's sad.

I'm a girl.
You've read the New Testament?
You didn't catch any commands in there?
Oops! Oops! Oops! I am truly a moron maam. I have no excuses as it shows under your handle. My apologies for sure.

Yes I have read the new testament many times. There are many commands for Christians. With the death of Jesus, we are no longer under the law given to us through Moses, but we are not without regulations. For instance, was Mat 28:19,20 a command, or an option?

Oops! Oops! Oops! I am truly a moron maam. I have no excuses as it shows under your handle. My apologies for sure.

LOL
No harm done!

Yes I have read the new testament many times. There are many commands for Christians. With the death of Jesus, we are no longer under the law given to us through Moses, but we are not without regulations. For instance, was Mat 28:19,20 a command, or an option?
Matthew 28:19 is a command.
I do believe that everything Jesus said is a command.
I can't think of any options...can you?

I did, and maintained my walk in the light since then.

I will remain in the light so I don't commit any more hateful acts against my Lord.

He was the propitiation for my sins when I became a Christian.

Any person who really believes in God, will never "cross" Him

As we see clearly from the scriptures —

• He IS the propitiation for our sins.
The scripture does not say, He was the propitiation for our sins.

No matter how desperately you try to pervert and change the truth of the scriptures, they do not change. I promise you, every single day, when you turn to these scriptures, they will continue to remain the same. They continue to be the truth.

We/Us = Born again Christians

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 1:8-2:2

As we are taught by the truth of the scriptures, we who walk in the light, is a reference to born again Christians, and we who confess our sins is also a reference to born again Christians.

In verse 2 we see the clear distinction between born again Christians and the world of unsaved ones.

• And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

JLB

H,
I was explaining what you thought were contradictory statements.
I don't make contradictory statements because I know very well what you believe.
Sorry, as it was too long ago for me to maintain my chain of thought.
Are you also doing lots of good works?
Jesus said we would be judged on our good deeds.
John 5:28-29
"We" will also be judged for bad works, as the "we" is the world.
Me personally?
I do what I can.

As we see clearly from the scriptures —
  • He IS the propitiation for our sins.
The scripture does not say, He was the propitiation for our sins.
As He has paid for my sins, He was the propitiation for my sins.
No matter how desperately you try to pervert and change the truth of the scriptures, they do not change. I promise you, every single day, when you turn to these scriptures, they will continue to remain the same. They continue to be the truth.
We/Us = Born again Christians
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If the blood of Christ washed away your sins, you can say you have no sins.
And you can keep saying it as long as you continue walking in God/light.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
Perfectly true...for those walking in sin/darkness
They can't say they have fellowship with God either.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Those cleansed of all unrighteousness can say they have no unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
All men sinned, with only a few exceptions.
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 1:8-2:2
The "anyone" are those still walking in darkness/sin.
Those in the light/God have already used the Savior's advocacy.
As we are taught by the truth of the scriptures, we who walk in the light, is a reference to born again Christians, and we who confess our sins is also a reference to born again Christians.
True, as those walking in the light/God, have confessed our sins and been cleansed so we can walk in the light/God.
In verse 2 we see the clear distinction between born again Christians and the world of unsaved ones
  • And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.
Agreed.
Verses 3 and 4 of 1 John 2 make it even more clear..."And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."
Those who keep His commandments can say they have no sin, but liars can't.

If the blood of Christ washed away your sins, you can say you have no sins.
And you can keep saying it as long as you continue walking in God/light.

We can say with confidence that the blood of Jesus cleanses the sins of those who walk in the light.

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

It’s clear that the same ones who walk in the light are the same ones that have their sins cleansed.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back