Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Does the Holy Spirit move after Acts?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I don't know of any living prophet today do you? that's why we have a Bible...

The prophet died, the prophecy is written...

“And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
30I will show wonders in the heavens
and on the earth,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
31The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
32And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved;
for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem
there will be deliverance,
as the Lord has said,
among the survivors
whom the Lord calls. Joel 2:28

Bible says its for all people? Or do you say the Bible is out of context?

What happens when the Spirit is poured on anyone? How about overflowing? Gifts appear everytime!

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.†Acts 2:38

For all who are far off? Wow so that means generations later, thank God!

Let every man be called a liar but God cannot lie!

Philip was told the Apostles would receive the Gifts from the one that would come when He left. the Gifts were for the APOSTLES to witness him as they preached the Gospel...

He did not tell Philip that everyone who heard the Gospel would receive the (what turned out to be) baptism of the HS...

Its not a theory, its what the Bible says...

1Ti 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

“And afterward,
and on the earth,
and the moon to blood
32And everyone who calls
as the Lord has said,
among the survivors

What happens when the Spirit is poured on anyone? How about overflowing? Gifts appear everytime!

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.†Acts 2:38

The Bible is not out of context, you are... this was the prophecy by Joel that was fulfilled when the house of Cornelius had the spirit poured out on them, now both Jew and Gentile have had the pouring, prophecy fulfilled, no longer needed... Done...

How is it anymore testing the Lord than the rest of the gifts you guys claim to have?

It seems to me that you guys just don't want those signs.

"What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you? 2 You desire but do not have, so you kill. You covet but you cannot get what you want, so you quarrel and fight. You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures." James 4:1-3

The signs follow my faith not the other way around. I don't believe after seeing, but I believe before seeing.

The other was suggesting us to drink deadly poison and pick up deadly snakes how is that not testing the Lord? I don't know what signs your talking about, but I've seen many things that the Bible talks about. Prophesy, tongues, healing and miracles. All were extremely powerful and impossible for man, but possible for God! All have given God glory just how it was written in the Bible, that these would give Him glory!

“And afterward,
and on the earth,
and the moon to blood
32And everyone who calls
as the Lord has said,
among the survivors

Well they do! and make-up any fairy tale that covers-up their powerless and empty religion! Gods blessings upon you and may you grow in all Grace- Mitspa

The Bible is not out of context, you are... this was the prophecy by Joel that was fulfilled when the house of Cornelius had the spirit poured out on them, now both Jew and Gentile have had the pouring, prophecy fulfilled, no longer needed... Done...

It's like this rrowell, either you are grieving the Holy Spirit and calling blasphemy on all the works that are done through Christians, or I and the other Christians all around the world are liars. How can you be so blind?

Its no longer needed!:toofunny

Rev 3:17

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,†but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.â€

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,â€[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:14-26

You say you have faith but where are your deeds? How many people have you led to Christ? What are you doing for His Kingdom? Do you really have faith? This is what I wonder the most. You believe nothing in the Bible, you say it's all false that God has no power, nor does the Holy Spirit. You say God is not the same yesterday, today and forever. I pity you, really I do.

1Ti 4:1

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1Ti 4:2

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Yes Paul taught that there would be some (or many) that would fall from the faith, mostly though do to this:

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Let me say this. Healing the sick, casting our demons, etc are all through out the gospels. Does God make us sick? Does God put demons in people?
Does God love these people?

So every time I lay hands on someone and pray for their healing to be manifested I am resisting the devil, I am telling him to let go of what belongs to God. He has no rights and I get darn sick of the crap he pulls.

So if you want to play it safe because "what if nothing happens", or "God will get me for doing this TERRIBLE thing", you can go right ahead. But as for me, I hate that sucker satan and I intend to do everything to fight him and to free God's people any way I can.
God gave us wonderful brains and the Holy Spirit to guide us. If you're so sure it's not for you for whatever reason. Then I'm pretty convinced it's not for you.

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,†but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.â€

Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless[d]? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,â€[e] and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead. James 2:14-26

You say you have faith but where are your deeds? How many people have you led to Christ? What are you doing for His Kingdom? Do you really have faith? This is what I wonder the most. You believe nothing in the Bible, you say it's all false that God has no power, nor does the Holy Spirit. You say God is not the same yesterday, today and forever. I pity you, really I do.
you know they only believe the part of James that they agree with! not the part where the sick are healed, James was speaking to somebody but its not for us! but the parts they agree with, now thats "THE WORD OF GOD" how dare anyone disagree with THE WORD OF GOD in their best religious tone! In the "True Chruch" to come, we will toss this kind out back into the world! They will never be allowed to currupt that which is coming! Amen

You say you have faith but where are your deeds? How many people have you led to Christ? What are you doing for His Kingdom? Do you really have faith? This is what I wonder the most.

I lead nobody to Christ, the Holy Spirit does that with the Word of God, All I can do is teach what I know, and Learn what I don't, and correct when I think someone is wrong, and accept correction when I am not... He is my guide.

You believe nothing in the Bible, you say it's all false that God has no power, nor does the Holy Spirit. You say God is not the same yesterday, today and forever. I pity you, really I do.
I have never said I don't believe the Bible, I believe NOTHING BUT THE BIBLE.

God is the same forever before, and forever after, his word has not changed, only time according to man, time means nothing to God.

But you do need to work on that time/space/who is spoken to in the Holy Writ, getting it wrong can lead to miss interpretation.

Yes Paul taught that there would be some (or many) that would fall from the faith, mostly though do to this:

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 (KJV)
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Here they are!

2Co 11:4

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

So the false teachers, teach a different Jesus? and a different Holy Spirit?

Not the Jesus in the scriptures, nor the Spirit poured out in Acts2!

Sounds alot like the stuff that you and some others have been posting! Everything is different!:wave

Hi Mitspa--I'm responding to your post #279. Looks like lots of water has gone under the bridge since I last was on. You wrote:"Your just wrong! God is confirming His word today, ALL OVER THE WORLD! Just as He did over 2000 years ago." And it looks like He left you out of the "confirming His Word today, all over the world".

God bless

Hi Mitspa--I'm responding to your post #279. Looks like lots of water has gone under the bridge since I last was on. You wrote:"Your just wrong! God is confirming His word today, ALL OVER THE WORLD! Just as He did over 2000 years ago." And it looks like He left you out of the "confirming His Word today, all over the world".

God bless
Well If I am left out? I cant wait until I get what I have been missing!:)

Because what I got is more than I could have ever thought or hoped for!
I believe you may be a prophet? I have more to come:wave

Let me say this. Healing the sick, casting our demons, etc are all through out the gospels. Does God make us sick? Does God put demons in people?
Does God love these people?

So every time I lay hands on someone and pray for their healing to be manifested I am resisting the devil, I am telling him to let go of what belongs to God. He has no rights and I get darn sick of the crap he pulls.

So if you want to play it safe because "what if nothing happens", or "God will get me for doing this TERRIBLE thing", you can go right ahead. But as for me, I hate that sucker satan and I intend to do everything to fight him and to free God's people any way I can.
God gave us wonderful brains and the Holy Spirit to guide us. If you're so sure it's not for you for whatever reason. Then I'm pretty convinced it's not for you.

Deborah13,

What you've explained here doesn't sound like the gifts. Praying for someone to be healed, etc. is not a manifestation of the Gifts. There's a difference between petitioning God in prayer and walking up to some and saying get up and walk. If some lay hands on someone and prays and that person later is healed, that's not the gift of healing, that person who layed hands on did not exhibit the gift of healing. The gift of healing is what is seen in the NT. They saw a person in need and say in Jesus name get up and walk.

Mark 9:38-40

King James Version (KJV)

38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Mark 9:38-40

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Dire Warnings

38 John said to Him, “Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us.” 39 But Jesus said, “Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. 40 For he who is not against us is [a]for us. 41 For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink [b]because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he will not lose his reward.
42 “Whoever causes one of these [c]little ones who believe to stumble, it [d]would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he [e]had been cast into the sea.

This man was not an apostle, not Jesus or any apostle had laid hands on him, and the Holy Spirit hadn't been given yet.
The apostles didn't understand either, they thought because he didn't follow their group he shouldn't be doing mircles in Jesus name.
Jesus rebuked them, saying that this man was not against their cause and that they should not cause one of the little ones who believe to stumble
Jesus didn't mess around, He didn't say this man was a fake or of satan. Just the opposite.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back