Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Don't Read that Book !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
J

Jay T

The Book satan hates above all others, including the Bible is....the Great Controversy (Revelation 12:17).

The book 'The Great Controversy', by E. G. White, 'details' Revelation 12:9, which says.... Rev. 12:9 "And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceives the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him".

The Christian world has either ignored this Bible verse, or is totally ignorant of it.

And yes, this Bible verse was 'partially fulfilled', in the time of Noah's flood, when satan deceived millions of people, and none excaped but 8.

However, we are told in Matthew 24:37-42, that the deception would happen 'again', as in the time of Noah, where satan would deceive the whole world, again !

The book, The Great Controversy....details 'HOW' satan will deceive the 'whole' world, including the Christian world.

I understand that this Book can be read on-line, for those interested in understanding satan's deceptions, and wish to avoid satan's traps.

excerpt taken from this web site:

... After reviewing this research one can understand why Rea came to believe that Mrs. White never received this book by vision nor by communication with angels. This book was put together from the writings of other Adventists and non-Adventists, with little or no credit given to the real authors. ...

http://www.ellenwhite.org/rea/gcm.htm

Relic said:

... After reviewing this research one can understand why Rea came to believe that Mrs. White never received this book by vision nor by communication with angels. This book was put together from the writings of other Adventists and non-Adventists, with little or no credit given to the real authors. ...

As was said.....satan hates this book and will come up with every lie possible, to prevent people from reading it, and discovering his plans to deceive everyone.
And, if you read why Rea attacks the book, he even admits to the fact that revenge, was the motive !

JM said:
Jay, I have two copies of it and the rest of the set! :wink:
WHAT ?
YOU ?

It's a good thing I was sitting down already, when I read that !

But actually, I shouldn't be too surprised, as I know a Baptist ex-pastor (that been trying to convert me, over the Catholism ) that has them.

I have one copy with pic's taken all over the world ex. a stone found in China indicating the Sabbath was kept by Chinese Christians almost 1500 years ago. I use to order from Review & Herald press. I also have a copy of Daniel and Revelations by Uriah Smith! Not to mention short form verisons of Whites collection written as a Bible study.

Peace

JM said:
I have one copy with pic's taken all over the world ex. a stone found in China indicating the Sabbath was kept by Chinese Christians almost 1500 years ago. I use to order from Review & Herald press. I also have a copy of Daniel and Revelations by Uriah Smith! Not to mention short form verisons of Whites collection written as a Bible study.

Peace
OK, I give up......why do you have them ?

Jay T said:
JM said:

Peace

I collect books, bibles, theological works, etc. A friend of mine is an SDA pastor and I've attended church with him a few times.

JM said:
Jay T said:
JM said:

Peace

I collect books, bibles, theological works, etc. A friend of mine is an SDA pastor and I've attended church with him a few times.
Interesting as I have an friend that is a retired Baptist pastor, who also has books of all sorts, including the Desire of Ages, Great Controversy, and the Acts of the Apostles, by E.G.White.

I understand what the SDA teaches concerning the Sabbath, but I don't believe your problems will come from the RC's at all, I'd be looking toward the Reformed Churches. They're theonomists who believe God has given us a Sunday Sabbath. Theonomy is a huge teaching in hard core Reformed groups.

JM said:
I understand what the SDA teaches concerning the Sabbath, but I don't believe your problems will come from the RC's at all, I'd be looking toward the Reformed Churches. They're theonomists who believe God has given us a Sunday Sabbath. Theonomy is a huge teaching in hard core Reformed groups.

Many Roman Catholics honestly believe that Sunday is the Sabbath, the 4th day given by God. I have seen many surprised to learn that Saturday is the Sabbath.
Pope JPII's encyclical 'Dominus Dei' however, changed the views held by the Catholic Church (that the day was changed by the authority of the Church) to take the Calvinist view (that the sanctity of the Sabbath was transferred to Sunday. Hence, the commandment is still binding but it is now speaking of Sunday and not Sabbath)

It is the Lutherian view that is most defended on this forum (that the Sabbath was abolished in the realizaton of Christ, our 'sabbath eternal' rest.

This view, IMO, is a weak and desperate attempt to do away with obedience to God and especially for the nagging annoyance of actually having to donate a day of rest that God established at the beginning of time.

It is the Pauline worshippers taking Paul out of context and ignorance of Paul's views on the law and grace that cause the most grief and confusion over this simple, clear issue.

I hold to the dispey view, the Sabbath isn't trans-dispensational because it's not re-stated in the NT as binding on Christian, but the other 9 are.

JM said:
I hold to the dispey view, the Sabbath isn't trans-dispensational because it's not re-stated in the NT as binding on Christian, but the other 9 are.
OH...but the 7th day sabbath has to be in the NT...otherwise, Christ would be a Liar !
Matthew 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

And, since heaven and earth have not...passed away...the law of God is still in existence, intact, all 10 commandments.

OK now, Let's look at where Jesus Christ mentions the 7th day sabbath:
Matthew 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Please notice ....that during the great tribulation (yet to come)....the sabbath is to be observed.

JM said:
And that still holds true for Israel.
Would you be surprised to learn that the 7th day sabbath for made, for all mankind ?
Or, so the Bible says.....
Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
I decided one day to look up what the Greek meaning of the word, 'man' was.

The Greek meaning of the word, man...in this Bible verse was.....'human being'.

Now then, the only logical way to say that the 7th day sabbath was only for the Jews....is to acknowledge, that the Jews, are the only human beings on earth.

Jay T said:
JM said:
Would you be surprised to learn that the 7th day sabbath for made, for all mankind ?
Mark 2:27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Now then, the only logical way to say that the 7th day sabbath was only for the Jews....is to acknowledge, that the Jews, are the only human beings on earth.

And who is Christ speaking to? Who is hearing giving a teaching about the sabbath to?

JM said:
Jay T said:
JM said:

Every human being, who wants to do the will of God, because of love for Him.

And who is Christ speaking to? Who is hearing giving a teaching about the sabbath to?

The Bible sometimes uses hyperbole to explain a point. The context of the passage you quoted doesn't fit with 'all mankind.'

peace,

jm

Relic said:

As scripture says....Revelation 12:17 "And the dragon (satan) was wroth with the woman (church), and went to make [WAR] with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ".

satan's purpose is, to discourage anyone from reading this Book because satan's plans for the world, (the church, specifically) are revealed.

Back