Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

End Times "Fantasy" Thread

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

theLords

When you think about the "End Times" going down, what do you think of? What does it look like in your mind's eye?

Does it play out like "Left Behind"? Is the "Omega Code" the way you see it?

For some reason, I always imagine that we'll all be forced to live underground (Literally, like in the sewers, lol). I also imagine that miracles will run rampant (in the sewers, lol).

As you can see, there is nothing Biblical about my thoughts (minus the miracles part), but simply my thoughts of how things will be.

What are your thoughts about it all?

When you think about the "End Times" going down, what do you think of? What does it look like in your mind's eye?

Does it play out like "Left Behind"? Is the "Omega Code" the way you see it?

For some reason, I always imagine that we'll all be forced to live underground (Literally, like in the sewers, lol). I also imagine that miracles will run rampant (in the sewers, lol).

As you can see, there is nothing Biblical about my thoughts (minus the miracles part), but simply my thoughts of how things will be.

What are your thoughts about it all?

I imagine it just the way the bible describes it, ie. natural disasters in nature, and amongst men fighting and wars and slavery. Yes, some that the Lord protects will literally live in a hidden place. I also have a non-conventional belief that I believe the bible teaches that indicate fallen angels will be amongst us, too stirring up the pot so-to-speak. I picture the beast as a military, albeit charismatic character acting as the world's Savior (many will think he's the Christ that returned) but then turns nasty as he is behind a lot of these wars.

Natural disasters and wars have always been with us. But like a cold, we cough for awhile and then get over it. The difference with the end times is this will be like a cold that gets worse and worse until progressing to fatal pneumonia ready to kill us all off. When we are ready to self-destruct, that's when the Lord Himself will break on the scene (aka Armageddon and the judgment for the Kingdom to commence).

Thanks for your thoughts Tim!

I should just say, that I don't think unBiblical things about the "End Times." Simply that the Bible doesn't say "We'll be forced to live in sewers underground." (this is what I meant by it's not eactly Biblical, lol) It's just what I think of when I think of hiding under ground (Like the Christians in communist USSR control)

Will you care to share more about fallen angels walking among us? I have not heard of that before, and I'm very interested to hear more. I'm very inclined to believe it to be true.

the sewers arent really that big btw.

Perhaps they don't need to be. After the Great Falling Away (rebellion) how many "professing Christians" will be fooled by the AC. Remember the parable of the 10 virgins? They were all Christians so to speak because they were all waiting for the Lord's return. At midnite they all heard the shout to announce that the bridegroom was coming. But five, althouth knowing the Saviour was coming, left their post and essentially stopped watching to get oil. The Lord returned, took the 5 still watching and locked the others out and said "I don't know you."

Have you ever been dissed or admonished by other Christians who frown on you for studying eschatology? I have. I have been told that to study the end times and watch for the Lord's return is foolishness....that it doesn't matter if we watch or study signs because the Lord is going to come when He comes. This belief is often held by those who believe in a secret rapture.

But what if the parable is more telling than we think? What if it's not enough to be just ready, but to also study the signs scriptures specifically point out will happen prior to His return. Will those who don't know this info even be aware that something is going on? Will they be caught up in the deception of the AC?

If half of the virgins, who all expected the Lord to return did not make it, what does that say about the percentage of today's Chrsitians who also expect the Lord to return? How many will be caught offf guard when the Lord arrives like a "thief in the night" (another warning for the believer, not the unbeliever)?

My point....if many in the fold don't think watching is particuallary important, then the sewers may be big enough to hide those "watching" Christians who patiently wait for the Lord to cut the GT short and bring us home.

2cents,
Deirdre

one cant stay in a crawl space for long and aslo sewers are very toxic to breathe , you must have a ventilation. ever see the guys when they open a sewer lid what they wear and that hose that goes down. it pushing fresh air in and also a guy is up top and is in constant radio contact so that if the person down there needs help . he can assist by calling the emergency responders. he isnt to gone down there to help him.sewers arent meant for long term use as in living space. that is what i meant.

one cant stay in a crawl space for long and aslo sewers are very toxic to breathe , you must have a ventilation. ever see the guys when they open a sewer lid what they wear and that hose that goes down. it pushing fresh air in and also a guy is up top and is in constant radio contact so that if the person down there needs help . he can assist by calling the emergency responders. he isnt to gone down there to help him.sewers arent meant for long term use as in living space. that is what i meant.

Good points! It's just that your comment about thier size got me to thinking about how many of us will actually be on the run when the time comes. My former friend and I used to dream about hiding out in a beautiful cabin, far out in the woods, with running water, electricity, etc.....until we thought about the bugs. Then the fantasy changed to hiding in a working hotel that nobody was paying attention to.

But I would NEVER hide in a sewer, God willing! Have you seen the show Dirty Jobs, when the host went into the sewers...there were thousands of cockroaches! Nope...can't do that!

Dee:)

Good points! It's just that your comment about thier size got me to thinking about how many of us will actually be on the run when the time comes. My former friend and I used to dream about hiding out in a beautiful cabin, far out in the woods, with running water, electricity, etc.....until we thought about the bugs. Then the fantasy changed to hiding in a working hotel that nobody was paying attention to.

But I would NEVER hide in a sewer, God willing! Have you seen the show Dirty Jobs, when the host went into the sewers...there were thousands of cockroaches! Nope...can't do that!

i work a municalipality that has a sewer grid. you should see what people dump in that system. needles, tampoons etc. i have to have a hepatitis b shot because of that.the sewer guys often say that the sewer lines break more then the water mains and they dont shut down that line, they repair it by capping it, and they often get the crap bath in the process!.

LOL Jason. I didn't say it was a rational thought. :rolling

Ahhh, blame it on the Goonies!

Dee, you crack me up! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks about the end times in this manner. I used to imagine hiding a bunch of Bibles in a warehouse so that when the End Times are upon us, Christians will have Bibles, I think someone on this board even talked about making maps for Christians!

:lol

We're too much.

But, about my sewer living situation, I tended to dress it up with curtains and a table and flowers on the table when I pictured it ;)

Now that I acutally think about how gross sewers are :scared

Yeah, definetly a satanic symbol on the door.

its a joke, that is used to unclog sewer lines and it has been used for catching prarie dogs. it blows water in one end and sucks the other end out. its very loud when in use. you will know it when that is running.

Dee, you crack me up! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks about the end times in this manner. I used to imagine hiding a bunch of Bibles in a warehouse so that when the End Times are upon us, Christians will have Bibles, I think someone on this board even talked about making maps for Christians!

:lol

We're too much.

But, about my sewer living situation, I tended to dress it up with curtains and a table and flowers on the table when I pictured it ;)

Now that I acutally think about how gross sewers are :scared
Have you ever watched the show Drive Thru History. I forget the host's name but he shows you real underground caves where real persecuted Christians used to hide in somewhere in Europe (I forget the country he was in). It was fascinating. Narrow passages take you far into the ground...and just when you think it will never end, the passage opens into fairly large open spaces that somehow managed to get decent ventillation.

Only one thing is wrong with the whole idea. I am extremely claustrophobic. So, unless someone drugs me and carries me the whole way there is no way I going down into a big hole. Martyrdom is seeming more likely the more I think about my other options...:chin

Dee

its a joke, that is used to unclog sewer lines and it has been used for catching prarie dogs. it blows water in one end and sucks the other end out. its very loud when in use. you will know it when that is running.
Ya think a quart of holy water would be enough to bring it down ??

Back