Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

End Times?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
So much confusion here. What think you? And Why? I want to observe what men think about this. I will NOT put in my thoughts in regards to his return.
Just be short, precise and quote scriptures.............Thanks

Josef,

Just wondering why you're not going to put in your thoughts in your own thread..

If I had to guess I'd say it's because you have been taught amillennialism as most Calvinists are...

Last edited by a moderator:
Josef,

Just wondering why you're not going to put in your thoughts in your own thread..

If I had to guess I'd say it's because you have been taught amillennialism as most Calvinists are... and if that's the case, then yeah, I can understand keeping that to yourself. :)

What do amillennialists believe, as a Calvinist about the end times.

People call me a futurist, because I believe some scriptures have been fulfilled and some are yet to be fulfilled.

I haven't heard of alot of these terms until I joined this site. Like Preterism.

JLB

Josef,

If I had to guess I'd say it's because you have been taught amillennialism as most Calvinists are... and if that's the case, then yeah, I can understand keeping that to yourself. :)

What do amillennialists believe, as a Calvinist about the end times.

People call me a futurist, because I believe some scriptures have been fulfilled and some are yet to be fulfilled.

I haven't heard of alot of these terms until I joined this site. Like Preterism.

JLB

Amillennial is pretty much what it sounds like... NO LITERAL 1000 year kingdom, and it's spiritualized away into the HERE AND NOW... ie, they claim that THIS IS the millennial kingdom. It comes from a reading of Revelation 20 in a 'present' tense... which is taking the word of God out of its context, which is "the things which shall be hereafter", and applying them to the past or present.

Does that make sense ?

For some reason, just about every Calvinist I've met is amillennial... which simply tells me that this is what they're being taught for eschatology along with the false doctrines of John Calvin.

Amillennial is pretty much what it sounds like... NO LITERAL 1000 year kingdom, and it's spiritualized away into the HERE AND NOW... ie, they claim that THIS IS the millennial kingdom. It comes from a reading of Revelation 20 in a 'present' tense... which is taking the word of God out of its context, which is "the things which shall be hereafter", and applying them to the past or present. Does that make sense ?

This is what Preterist's teach.

I haven't studied what Calvinism is or what that teaches.

Thanks.

JLB

Amillennial is pretty much what it sounds like... NO LITERAL 1000 year kingdom, and it's spiritualized away into the HERE AND NOW... ie, they claim that THIS IS the millennial kingdom. It comes from a reading of Revelation 20 in a 'present' tense... which is taking the word of God out of its context, which is "the things which shall be hereafter", and applying them to the past or present. Does that make sense ?

Thanks.

JLB

Yes I think that's it's very close although I do not believe that amillennialists believe the big one that Christ came in AD70... I could be wrong though :)

What does the Word say, is what counts? Matt. 24:21 has again (A Required Twice) fulfilled Isa. 5:5 (as Eccl. 3:15 has documented) Both for the O.T. Jews & in the N.T. 'EXTENSION'. (not the Rev. 17:1-5 ones)

So this is where we are at! The remaining verses follow on with all of satans allowed trite!
And this will separate the only ones who TRUELY Love the Lord. 666

--Elijah

Nothing you write makes any sense.

JLB

I appreciate you writing this even though it may sound harsh to some here... because I feel the same way. I can never understand anything that he writes...

I was starting to think that I was losing it... and perhaps I am but at least I'm glad that others can see this.

Dear JLB, I have done this over & over again! We are LIVING IN sATANS ALLOWED BY GODS HELL! See O.T. Isa. 5:5 for the first history of the removal of the LORDS 'HEDGE'! Then Matt. 24:21 the second time around follows on its heels, with the next following verses!

And surely Christ knew ALL of this O.T. Truth from His lips! Eccl. 1:9-10 + the second time stated in chapter Eccl. 3:15 + the only way that THEY ALL WORK seen in Gen. 41:32.

--Elijah

Thanks.

JLB

"In contrast, the amillennial view holds that the thousand years mentioned in Revelation 20 is a symbolic number, not a literal description; that the millennium has already begun and is identical with the current church age, (or more rarely, that it ended with the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 — see Preterism). Amillennialism holds that while Christ's reign during the millennium is spiritual in nature, at the end of the church age, Christ will return in final judgment and establish a permanent physical reign."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amillennialism

Jeremiah 23 KJV
5 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, The Lord Our Righteousness.
7 Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that they shall no more say, The Lord liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
8 But, The Lord liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

land = H127 = adamah =

ground, land
  1. ground (as general, tilled, yielding sustenance)
  2. piece of ground, a specific plot of land
  3. earth substance (for building or constructing)
  4. ground as earth's visible surface
  5. land, territory, country
  6. whole inhabited earth
  7. city in Naphtali
So take your pick which description is it?

I choose #1.

[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION], that is my position with isreal. the Hebrews will be restored in the end of the age of man sin nature to their land. there wont be a need for a temple nor any levites, just land to dwell on.

matthew 5:5
the meek shall inherit the earth
this can apply to gentiles as well but only god know what he will give the Hebrews and the gentiles.

land = H127 = adamah =

ground, landground (as general, tilled, yielding sustenance)
piece of ground, a specific plot of land
earth substance (for building or constructing)
ground as earth's visible surface
land, territory, country
whole inhabited earth
city in Naphtali

[MENTION=90220]JLB[/MENTION]

This same word is used in ....

Genesis 9:20 KJV
And Noah began to be an husbandman, H127 and he planted a vineyard:

Jeremiah 13:5 KJV
But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; H127 for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth.

2 Chronicles 26:10 KJV
Also he built towers in the desert, and digged many wells: for he had much cattle, both in the low country, and in the plains: husbandmen also, and vine dressers in the mountains, and in Carmel: for he loved husbandry. H127

I know what the word meek means. im sure if I asked my wife she could tell me all about breaking in horses. she had a few as a girl.
often it means strength under control. besides.

"now moses meek upon the face of the whole earth" moses was the man god made that way and he was the most submissive then on the whole planet. wow.

[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION], that is my position with isreal. the Hebrews will be restored in the end of the age of man sin nature to their land. there wont be a need for a temple nor any levites, just land to dwell on.

matthew 5:5
the meek shall inherit the earth
this can apply to gentiles as well but only god know what he will give the Hebrews and the gentiles.

If God is perfect, then He doesn't recognize a difference between Hebrews and Gentiles. He is only concerned with what we believe and what we do. Thus the restoration will occur in what is believed and done by those who call themselves Hebrews. The meek are those sheep who accept that everything is God's, to be given as He pleases rather than taken for one's self.

what I mean by that is what land if any will be divided amongst Hebrews in the land. is there any promise to any gentile of what land is given?no there isn't. I don't believe in that we dwell in heaven for ever. God never calls the earth and creation pre fall evil.

what I mean by that is what land if any will be divided amongst Hebrews in the land. is there any promise to any gentile of what land is given?no there isn't. I don't believe in that we dwell in heaven for ever. God never calls the earth and creation pre fall evil.

All land belongs to God, who in His Incarnation is a Hebrew in order to fulfill prophesy. He will give whatever to whomever He pleases, but it all belongs to just one Hebrew. The same is true of any aspect of the afterlife.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back