Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Essentials of the Christian Faith

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I do not think that God punished the innocent for the guilty as it appears. I believe the Christ vouched for us by paying the price to those voices in heaven that would accuse us before the throne and desired to see us destroyed. The scriptures say, The good shepherd lays down his life to protect the sheep, while the hireling sees the wolf coming and runs. God is not a wolf. Perhaps you would comment on this story:

I was walking in despair because I hated myself and my burden was great, and my only comfort was that there were others with burdens greater than my own and I loathed myself all the more. Then a man came to me holding a cup filled with the blood of the son of God which had been shed through great torture. And he said, drink from this cup and you will be renewed and live forever. And I saw judgment at the cup. For if this son of God suffered torture and death so that I might be spared from a cruel and merciless prosecuter, I'd better drink from it so that his suffering will not have been in vain. But if it is to escape the righteous judgment that I have coming to me, I would rather die in my sins than be willing to harm one hair on his precious head.

Hi farouk,

The last sentence speaks of great pride. The fact is because God so loved mankind, there was no other way for God to bring salvation, forgiveness, and the gift of eternal life to man other than by the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Perhaps you're familiar with a song that goes like this, "Were you there when they crucified my Lord?" If you don't see your face in the crowd that condemned Christ, then what part in the cross do you have?

1 Peter 3:18
New King James Version (NKJV)
Christ’s Suffering and Ours

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us[a] to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

- Davies

Hi farouk,

The last sentence speaks of great pride. The fact is because God so loved mankind, there was no other way for God to bring salvation, forgiveness, and the gift of eternal life to man other than by the death and resurrection of Jesus.

Perhaps you're familiar with a song that goes like this, "Were you there when they crucified my Lord?" If you don't see your face in the crowd that condemned Christ, then what part in the cross do you have?

18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us[a] to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit,

- Davies

Davies:

Hi; I'm farouk, and I didn't actually write the post that you attributed to me. Blessings.

Hi farouk,

- Davies
I understand why you say it is pride and those who choose that way all think that way. But I must say that I agree with the man on the cross next to Jesus, and not the faces that called for his crucifixion, that we should pay for our own mistakes. It is not pride to be crucified with Christ. The just for the unjust does not change anything. Christ's words did not say the sheep whom he was protecting as the good shepherd killed the shepherd. Of course Jesus as the just, died for the unjust. I have already said we are sinners in the story, but we were that way because we were deceived. Hence Jesus said forgive them , they know not what they do, and the Truth will set you free. But is there a voice in heaven both deceiving and accusing men that Christ defeated?
Revelation 12:9-10

King James Version (KJV)

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Last edited by a moderator:
farouk,

Sorry about that. I'm opening my mouth way too much this morning. I'm getting ready for work, and I'm trying to cram it all in a short time.

- Davies:thud:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back