Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Evolution is not based on empirical evidence

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hahaha I feel sorry for the students:
"Teacher, how do we know that 2 * 2 = 4?"
"Because God says so..."
"I thought it was because 2 * 2= 2 + 2=1 + 1 + 1 + 1=4"
"No, your wrong. God says so, if you don't agree, I will tell your parents you weren't listeing to me and give them loads of Creationist websites that are biased and wrong, just to convince them that I'm right"

Teacher, how do we know that 2 * 2 = 4?"

And a scientist might say....
Well theres the thoery that diabolicle chickens from mars floted down on there surf boards at midnight. They didnt no how to count So They called everything that exsited on earth 1 An so 1+1+1+1 must equal 1 But we decided That these chickens sold there surfboards to yellow martians therefore never came to earth :-D But there is still a possabilty that this theory is correct.

or all the Neutrons Protons in 1 equal 1. therfore the answear for world peace is 42. :-D

then a christian. Someone once asked jesus When will these things come about (he was talking about end times) He said You know the signs of rain and hail and storm warnings. Like these look for the warning signs of the end.

So look at the signs. 1 apple + 1 apple is more then one apple so we call it 2. 2+1 is 1 more then 2 thats called 3. 3+ 1 is one more on 3 thats 4 and so on... (i just realised i wasnt talking to kindergardens LOL :biggrin ) We no how to add and do maths the same way we learn things of the world .
( or use a calculator lol)

goliwog man said:

And a scientist might say....
Well theres the thoery that diabolicle chickens from mars floted down on there surf boards at midnight. They didnt no how to count So They called everything that exsited on earth 1 An so 1+1+1+1 must equal 1 But we decided That these chickens sold there surfboards to yellow martians therefore never came to earth :-D But there is still a possabilty that this theory is correct.

or all the Neutrons Protons in 1 equal 1. therfore the answear for world peace is 42. :-D

then a christian. Someone once asked jesus When will these things come about (he was talking about end times) He said You know the signs of rain and hail and storm warnings. Like these look for the warning signs of the end.

So look at the signs. 1 apple + 1 apple is more then one apple so we call it 2. 2+1 is 1 more then 2 thats called 3. 3+ 1 is one more on 3 thats 4 and so on... (i just realised i wasnt talking to kindergardens LOL :biggrin ) We no how to add and do maths the same way we learn things of the world .
( or use a calculator lol)

How is your analogy science???

How do you think calculators were made?? praying?

The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament sheweth his handiwork. Day unto day uttereth speech and night unto night sheweth knowledge. there is no speech nor language where there voice is not heard. thier line is gone out tjrough all the earth and thier words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun. Pslam 19v1-4.

The heavens show the glory of God and his handy work. Take a look and see. God is the beggining of knowledge. In the same way God made the heavens Man made the calculator. When you look at the calculator you think gosh whoever made this must of be smart why the different emotion of what God has made?

goliwog man said:
The heavens show the glory of God and his handy work. Take a look and see. God is the beggining of knowledge. In the same way God made the heavens Man made the calculator. When you look at the calculator you think gosh whoever made this must of be smart why the different emotion of what God has made?

Because I know a calculator is made. I don't see the Universe as created by an intelligent being.

Is blue really a teacher? Of what?

It's raining now. Jesus's comin' back! And he's pissed off!
This time, it's biblical!

(Apologies to Bill Hicks and The Simpsons)

why the different emotion of what God has made?
Its mostly a organic vs inorganic question. If you plant a seed you know a plant will grow, no design required, no spirits called upon or prayer necassary, its the natural way of the world. Inorganic things (calculator, watch, car) will not grow, they will not naturally occur and therefore require the design and creation phases. Basically the claim is because we see inorganic objects designed therefore organic must be, and thats where the jump of logic comes in, the two groups of objects do not have the same properties.
Life doesn't show design to alot of people, usually because of the chaos of it. No two trees are the same, no two people are the same, the weather is random, we can't even guess how long things will live. This whole random universe, where things grow on their own and are shaped by their environment, show us the natural laws but do not automatically point to a invisible spirit being at the controls.

keebs said:
Well, since that is the definition that the majority of evolutionary biologists use and also the definition that explains the data, then I see no problem with it.

:changes: If you believe that,then why keep changing the
definition so much?

blueeyeliner said:
keebs said:
Well, since that is the definition that the majority of evolutionary biologists use and also the definition that explains the data, then I see no problem with it.

definition so much?

The definition doesn't change. Certain elements in the theory change as we learn more, and grow in our understanding of how the world works.

The Tuatha'an said:
keebs said:

See what I mean keebs??? It's like beating a dead horse. You give her the definition, and she doesn't accept it, because she's incredibly stupid.

Here's the kicker:

she's a teacher.

:smt005 Just Gotta' love ya' ding bats! God knows you can't help it,
right? Is ignorance as blissfull as you make it seem?
No,I'm not a liberal,godless heathen whose not happy with the freedom
America already has. No,I don't demand more from the world than it has,
and no,I am not stupid enough to believe that freedom is free.
The stupid are those who still watch cartoons as adults who claim to be
intellectuals.
[/b]

The Tuatha'an said:
blueeyeliner said:
keebs said:

definition so much?

The definition doesn't change. Certain elements in the theory change as we learn more, and grow in our understanding of how the world works.

:smt108 Oh' you mean you have nothing that remains consistant!
Nothing stays the same in your religion. Thats the first ounce of truth
you have uttered so far.

blueeyeliner said:
The Tuatha'an said:
blueeyeliner said:
keebs said:

definition so much?

Oh' you mean you have nothing that remains consistant!
Nothing stays the same in your religion. Thats the first ounce of truth
you have uttered so far.

Where did you get that from? The core of the scientific theory stays the same, and has always stayed the same. The little extra bits on the side, sometimes change as we gain more knowledge. That's not inconsistency, that's self-correcting.

blueeyeliner said:
Just Gotta' love ya' ding bats! God knows you can't help it, right?

No...he doesn't, your imaginary friend doesn't exist you know. I stopped having an imaginary friend at 4. Time to take off the security blanket, blue, and face the facts. You're an adult. Grow up.

No,I'm not a liberal,godless heathen whose not happy with the freedom America already has.

I don't live in the States, so I wouldn't know.

No,I don't demand more from the world than it has,
and no,I am not stupid enough to believe that freedom is free.

What are you saying??? This has no relevance to the topic.

The stupid are those who still watch cartoons as adults!

Once again, what exactly is wrong with watching cartoons?? And how does that go with stupidity?? You aren't making sense!

keebs said:
Hahaha I feel sorry for the students:
"Teacher, how do we know that 2 * 2 = 4?"
"Because God says so..."
"I thought it was because 2 * 2= 2 + 2=1 + 1 + 1 + 1=4"
"No, your wrong. God says so, if you don't agree, I will tell your parents you weren't listeing to me and give them loads of Creationist websites that are biased and wrong, just to convince them that I'm right"

:smt017 Keebs : Hey lil' kiddies,did ya know that your real ancestors
came from apes? Now you better stay away from all those christians and
their websites ya' know. They Believe we all were actually made on
purpose and that our lives are not based on random chance and we are here for a reason. They claim that life has a purpose,but steer clear of these people,
and all these false teachings because the facts are liitle children,life has
no real meaning to it,you live and then you die,and thats it. Tough cookies
kids,but thats a fact.
Hey,by the way,does your mommy and daddy like to see rated X shows?
Man,I sure do,and anything of that nature works for me,hey',after all,we
only go around this world once,after that,it's all over. Have the best time
you can while you here,thats all ya get kids. Remember,ole' Keebs will
tell ya' the truth. Keebs superstiously crosses fingers as if they will help
him as the children run off in terror.

blueeyeliner said:
Keebs : Hey lil' kiddies,did ya know that your real ancestors
came from apes?

:angel: hey keebs.....blah blah blah blah blah jesus! blah blah....amen.

The Tuatha'an said:
blueeyeliner said:
Keebs : Hey lil' kiddies,did ya know that your real ancestors
came from apes?

:angel: hey keebs.....blah blah blah blah blah jesus! blah blah....amen.

:smt025 Tuatha'an : Look at me kids,I don't believe in God,but
I believe in you,even though I support abortion and basically anything
anti-family.

goliwog man said:

:smt024
A christian will not be as ignorant as a heathen.
Nature cries out that there is a God,amen. seeds no
matter how tiny turn into something beautiful and helpful
and they have a special code in their seed that knows just
what design to make and what it is! Perfect design.
when you try to get something from nothing,the end result
is always the same,Nothing + Nothing = nothing.
You'd have to feel like nothing in order to reduce life into nothing!
The jewish people were scattered all over the world just as the bible
says they would be. They were seperated from their homeland for about
1900 years,and in 1948 Israel became a nation again just as the bible
also said it would. The jewish people still believe in the same faith they
always had believed in,their language is the same and their traditions
are the same. No other people can claim that.
Israel is a beautiful nation again. The Bible said it would happen again
and it has.

B said:
Is blue really a teacher? Of what?

It's raining now. Jesus's comin' back! And he's pissed off!
This time, it's biblical!

(Apologies to Bill Hicks and The Simpsons)

:smt017 B": Umm....der...... well,I just cannot believe in God.
I sure can't believe in that Jesus either,Man;the dude is just too
righteous for me......
I don't care what the non-biblical evidence says that this man existed,
I love sin,and I am not going to change my life and fat chance if I'll
ever better myself,amen.
My gospel is in the seat of my pants dudes.

The Tuatha'an said:
[quote="goliwog man":58d15]The heavens show the glory of God and his handy work. Take a look and see. God is the beggining of knowledge. In the same way God made the heavens Man made the calculator. When you look at the calculator you think gosh whoever made this must of be smart why the different emotion of what God has made?

Because I know a calculator is made. I don't see the Universe as created by an intelligent being.[/quote:58d15]

:smt035 God says we can create things with our hands,whats the
surprize there? God also said if any man won't work,that man shall not
eat. Why not just admit you don't want to believe in God because you
cannot change?

Back