Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Evolution is not based on empirical evidence

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Wertbag said:
why the different emotion of what God has made?
Its mostly a organic vs inorganic question. If you plant a seed you know a plant will grow, no design required, no spirits called upon or prayer necassary, its the natural way of the world. Inorganic things (calculator, watch, car) will not grow, they will not naturally occur and therefore require the design and creation phases. Basically the claim is because we see inorganic objects designed therefore organic must be, and thats where the jump of logic comes in, the two groups of objects do not have the same properties.
Life doesn't show design to alot of people, usually because of the chaos of it. No two trees are the same, no two people are the same, the weather is random, we can't even guess how long things will live. This whole random universe, where things grow on their own and are shaped by their environment, show us the natural laws but do not automatically point to a invisible spirit being at the controls.
:smt018 The folly of the dingbat mentality is in that above batch of
non-sense,amen. Every seed has a special code that knows what it is
and knows what it will become. No,we are not clones,and neither are
the plants,ect.... God made us all to be originals.Even in twins there
will be differences.How could any normal person even dare try to call
God into question. You can see it in children as a normal thing,but it
is not normal in a full grown adult,amen.
Arrested development in some children may be the direct connection
to atheism ? Some even still get a kick out of cartoons.

blueeyeliner said:
Wertbag said:
why the different emotion of what God has made?
Its mostly a organic vs inorganic question. If you plant a seed you know a plant will grow, no design required, no spirits called upon or prayer necassary, its the natural way of the world. Inorganic things (calculator, watch, car) will not grow, they will not naturally occur and therefore require the design and creation phases. Basically the claim is because we see inorganic objects designed therefore organic must be, and thats where the jump of logic comes in, the two groups of objects do not have the same properties.
Life doesn't show design to alot of people, usually because of the chaos of it. No two trees are the same, no two people are the same, the weather is random, we can't even guess how long things will live. This whole random universe, where things grow on their own and are shaped by their environment, show us the natural laws but do not automatically point to a invisible spirit being at the controls.
:smt018 The folly of the dingbat mentality is in that above batch of
non-sense,amen. Every seed has a special code that knows what it is
and knows what it will become. No,we are not clones,and neither are
the plants,ect.... God made us all to be originals.Even in twins there
will be differences.How could any normal person even dare try to call
God into question. You can see it in children as a normal thing,but it
is not normal in a full grown adult,amen.
Arrested development in some children may be the direct connection
to atheism ? Some even still get a kick out of cartoons.
Not that anything whatsoever in your post had anything to do with Wertbag's post, but you're basically saying adults should be incurious and dogmatic, which you also fail to show as normal. Why should adults be incurious?

Furthermore what's wrong with cartoons? Are you saying that watching cartoons is a symptom of atheism or the ability to have skeptical doubt on issues?

In other words, blue, what in the name of Groucho Marx are you talking about/smoking?

No...he doesn't, your imaginary friend doesn't exist you know. I stopped having an imaginary friend at 4. Time to take off the security blanket, blue, and face the facts. You're an adult. Grow up.

Does Oxygen not exist because we havent seen it? Hey I have relos in the usa and i rarley see them. does this mean they dont exist.

But if our gospel be hid it is hid to them that are lost. In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of christ, who is in the image of God should shine unto them.

2 cor 4v3-4.

In other words, blue, what in the name of Groucho Marx are you talking about/smoking?

SyntaxVorlon have you ever tried admitting that God is real. When I sought the lord I heard his blessed word and I gave up everything to follow him. Does any 1 thing in your life compare to my connection with God. Groucho was a funny man but I'm sure he too would be clue less :-D

blueeyeliner said:
Nothing + Nothing = nothing.

Simple QFT will tell you otherwise. Grow up and get a real eduction. If you only listen to people like Kent Hovind and Ken Ham, you will never learn anything of truth...

Simple QFT will tell you otherwise. Grow up and get a real eduction. If you only listen to people like Kent Hovind and Ken Ham, you will never learn anything of truth...

The truth is that you no God created the earth and you refuse to admit it. Pride cometh before a fall. The truth is you need to stop following the crowd and get out there a start seeing things for yourself with your own eyes. Do me a favour, Find something thats worth dieing for and lets talk about that.

I'd be willing to die for my little brother, but not a bunch of "fairy tale" (as blue likes to say) mythology.

Oh, and that still doesn't change the fact that the statement "nothing + nothing = nothing" is wrong...

goliwog man said:

The truth is that you no God created the earth and you refuse to admit it. Pride cometh before a fall. The truth is you need to stop following the crowd and get out there a start seeing things for yourself with your own eyes. Do me a favour, Find something thats worth dieing for and lets talk about that.

Stop following the crowd?? Hahahaha.

one third of the world is Christian. Atheists, Agnostic, non-religious and other types of non-religious people make up less than 14% of the world.

Who's the conformist??

Why does one need something worth dying for?? What's your obsession with death and dying? No wonder we have wars, people like you think that you have to die for something for it to be important.

The Tuatha'an said:

one third of the world is Christian. Atheists, Agnostic, non-religious and other types of non-religious people make up less than 14% of the world.

Who's the conformist??

:smt035 YOU ARE!!! Pagan religion is the fastest growing religion
in the world and thats where you are,and what you believe in.
A true blue atheist won't accept any religion or man made idea
rooted in any religion.
Your old age religion is the fastest growing religion among all pagan!
Do the math and the research.

You have obviously done neither the research nor the math. Islam is the fastest growing religion...

blueeyeliner said:
The Tuatha'an said:

Who's the conformist??

:smt035 YOU ARE!!! Pagan religion is the fastest growing religion
in the world and thats where you are,and what you believe in.
A true blue atheist won't accept any religion or man made idea
rooted in any religion.
Your old age religion is the fastest growing religion among all pagan!
Do the math and the research.

Wow, so many things wrong with that post, not the least the coding defiencies.
First of all. A conformist is one who ascribes dogmatically to their social group's code of conduct and value system for all decisions and uses no actual critical thinking in judging that system.

Secondly, who in the world are you to define what a "true blue" athiest is? Atheism rejects the idea of deities, it makes no value judgements on the morals that are contained within a religion. Ideas pertaining to religious doctrines are applicable beyond the members of that religion.

Third, atheism is not a religion. It is the denial of religion.
IIRC it's islam that's growing fastest in the world, not atheism.

cubedbee said:
blueeyeliner said:
Wrong again! All anyone has to do is go over your multitudes
of childish and off the wall posts to see that you have a whole arsenol of
meanings for your religion of evolution,and the word evolution itself!
Enjoy.

Blue, you are truly the champion of irony.

:smt041 Therefore you are no doubt the champion of
compremise. How you love to swing it both ways,and sit on
both sides of the fence,but one day your little game will be
all over. True christians do not compremise on their faith,amen.

keebs said:

Hahaha one minute apart...

:smt043 It took you all day just to come up with that?
DUH',and it's pagan from ancient Babylon just like evolution.
Like I said,all pagan religions are growing very fast. Yours
included.

SyntaxVorlon said:
Third, atheism is not a religion. It is the denial of religion.
:smt041 Syn,you are right,it is the "DENIAL" of religion,not the
reality of what it really accepts or believes. A true Atheist may not have
any religion,but an atheist slash evolutionist is a whole different monkey!

keebs said:
I'd be willing to die for my little brother, but not a bunch of "fairy tale" (as blue likes to say) mythology.

:smt017 I'm sorry if I offend you,but I have serious doubts about that
statement you made. Your pagan religion evolution is still in many religions even today. A real atheist wouldn't touch that stuff with a ten
foot pole,or anything with even the slightest hint of religion.

SyntaxVorlon said:
Furthermore what's wrong with cartoons? Are you saying that watching cartoons is a symptom of atheism or the ability to have skeptical doubt on issues?

8-) Unlike you Syn,I have not ever had an imaginary friend.
If you have to ask whats wrong with cartoons as an adult,you have
already answered the questions.
I don't watch cartoons anymore,but my children do.
I have outgrown such silly things. I no longer play with dolls
either if you must know.
Watching cartoons is a sign of immaturity in an adult who claims to
have great intelligence. Intelligent people can think of more stimulating
ways to use their time. Arrested development could be a factor in atheism
and it wouldn't surprize me if there was a connection. But I believe you
had some christian learning somewhere at one time or you wouldn't be an
atheist slash Evolutionist.

keebs said:
blueeyeliner said:
Nothing + Nothing = nothing.

8-) [/b] Dave Hunt,and Josh McDowell are very good too.
I think ken Ham and Hovind know their stuff,but I listen to
many good christians and christian sources,and they really
understand what the atheist slash evolutionist hoax is all
about. Try listening to them sometime with an open mind.
You'll never be the same thats for sure.

blueeyeliner said:
The Tuatha'an said:
keebs said:
Well, since that is the definition that the majority of evolutionary biologists use and also the definition that explains the data, then I see no problem with it.

See what I mean keebs??? It's like beating a dead horse. You give her the definition, and she doesn't accept it, because she's incredibly stupid.

Here's the kicker:

she's a teacher.

:smt005 Just Gotta' love ya' ding bats! God knows you can't help it,
right? Is ignorance as blissfull as you make it seem?
No,I'm not a liberal,godless heathen whose not happy with the freedom
America already has. No,I don't demand more from the world than it has,
and no,I am not stupid enough to believe that freedom is free.
The stupid are those who still watch cartoons as adults who claim to be
intellectuals.

blueeyeliner said:
blueeyeliner said:
The Tuatha'an said:
keebs said:
Well, since that is the definition that the majority of evolutionary biologists use and also the definition that explains the data, then I see no problem with it.

See what I mean keebs??? It's like beating a dead horse. You give her the definition, and she doesn't accept it, because she's incredibly stupid.

Here's the kicker:

she's a teacher.

:smt005 Just Gotta' love ya' ding bats! God knows you can't help it,
right? Is ignorance as blissfull as you make it seem?
No,I'm not a liberal,godless heathen whose not happy with the freedom
America already has. No,I don't demand more from the world than it has,
and no,I am not stupid enough to believe that freedom is free.
The stupid are those who still watch cartoons as adults who claim to be
intellectuals.
Now that's just being insulting.

Back