Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Exhausted

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Ok pause time. Add to or take away from the Word of God? That is where we are, I think. It is a battle I fight often. Speaking on issues can be partly right and a bunch wrong. We will chew the cud and see where we are.
Deuteronomy 4:2

eddif
Reminds me of the saying, "Man plans, and God laughs." God gives us understanding in His own time, not ours, according to His plans, not our schemes. Being here has been a wonderful 180 from hanging out where the bad news congregates. I think I was awash in...not bad information...just too much bad news all the time.

I seek to be informed, but being informed is a double-edge sword because of the harsh realities of this world, and this has been a surprising and welcome change. I think just being around others who are more centered in the Word is enough to start the process of re-focusing on what is important, and that's really the goal of fellowship, isn't it? To keep us focused on what matters despite the hopelessness of the situation in the world.

I ain't gonna lie. I skipped to the last few pages, so I know how the story turns out:

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

It's interesting that today, I was answering another member about something else, but Romans 8:23 came up, and it reminded me of this conversation.

"Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies." --NIV translation

I guess I want to rush the process because I don't want to deal with the mess and the burden of the consequences of my actions long ago, so I keep looking for God to act in the instant instead of His timing. I don't want to deal with pulling out the hooks of the devil I have allowed to be placed into my flesh one by one; I want to use duct tape and remove them all at once, and I think that isn't quite the way it works.

I guess I want to rush the process because I don't want to deal with the mess and the burden of the consequences of my actions long ago, so I keep looking for God to act in the instant instead of His timing. I don't want to deal with pulling out the hooks of the devil I have allowed to be placed into my flesh one by one; I want to use duct tape and remove them all at once, and I think that isn't quite the way it works.
I can relate , praying for you :pray .
I seek to be informed, but being informed is a double-edge sword because of the harsh realities of this world, and this has been a surprising and welcome change.
Imagine what it was like for Noah after a hard day of Ark building and he turned on the tube for the news , must have been pretty grim .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back