Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"exposing" popular Christian teachers/preachers

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ever noticed how every popular Christian teacher's life and doctrine are put under the microscope? Sometimes, I guess its good...gotta spot wolves in sheep's clothing...but sometimes...I wonder...

...do you think there's something about the Christian community (particularly Protestants) that drives this behavior?

remember Yeshua, Yohann the Immerser , the Apostles, and even some of the people Yeshua healed were 'put on the spot' (under the microscope?) by the scribes and pharisees. As were the true believers all through the ages and in the current year, right up to and including the 2 witnesses, possibly. The whole political, economic and religious world/leaders don't want what Yhwh brings (Light!)(Freedom from sin)(Freedom from the devil) ......

so , what do you think, (or better, what does Scripture say) has always driven "this behavior" as you call it? it hasn't changed in 2000 years.

Ever noticed how every popular Christian teacher's life and doctrine are put under the microscope? Sometimes, I guess its good...gotta spot wolves in sheep's clothing...but sometimes...I wonder...

...do you think there's something about the Christian community (particularly Protestants) that drives this behavior?

1 John 4
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.
6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

detective.gif

We are in the End Times.We will be tested by many wolves in sheeps clothing.Many false prophets.

Popular Christians are making big bucks...they better be teaching the truth.

A list of the most dangerous false teachers in America
1. Paul Crouch
2. Pat Robertson
3. Rick Warren
4. Chuck Smith
5. Benny Hinn
6. Robert Schuller
7. Oral Roberts
8. James Swaggart
9. Joel Osteen
10. John Hagee

.... I can't figure out when the true teachers and the false teachers can be identified on this forum, and when they can't. But you left out the biggest one. I'll wait a week(i.e. until 7 days from now) before replying if you want to know who it is. (privately). Unless someone else posts it, and the posts don't get deleted.

1. Paul Crouch
2. Pat Robertson
3. Rick Warren
4. Chuck Smith
5. Benny Hinn
6. Robert Schuller
7. Oral Roberts
8. James Swaggart
9. Joel Osteen
10. John Hagee

This may be true...but God works all things for the good of those who love him...

Before I submitted to God, I was reading the Da Vinci Code and Joel Osteen's, "Your best life now"

After reading the Da vinci code, I felt a need to read every historical document with regard to God...It was overwhelming...

I then read Joel's book about having your "best life now..." His book lead me to scripture where I found the truth that obviously contradicted the title of his book.

God used Dan Brown and Joel to lead me to the truth...God gave me the ability to see beyond Joel's self serving message because I wanted to know the truth rather then living some self serving life, aka "Your Best Life Now.

I mean seriously, what true christian can agree with the title, "Your Best Life Now?

Does that not completely contradict scripture?

Last edited:
This may be true...but God works all things for the good of those who love him...
Before I submitted to God, I was reading the Da Vinci Code and Joel Osteen's, "Your best life now"
After reading the Da vinci code, I felt a need to read every historical document with regard to God...It was overwhelming...
I then read Joel's book about having your "best life now..." His book lead me to scripture where I found the truth that obviously contradicted the title of his book.
God used Dan Brown and Joel to lead me to the truth...God gave me the ability to see beyond Joel's self serving message because I wanted to know the truth rather then living some self serving life, aka "Your Best Life Now.

yes, Yhwh's Promise is that everyone who seeks Him will find Him - not that all those who talk about Him will.

like Richard Wurmbrand who wrote "Tortured for Christ" and other books about his testimony of Yeshua's miraculous direction in his life - even directing him through unbelieving priests in Romania I think it was. Richard said that Yhwh used believers and unbelievers, knowingly and unknowingly, to bring him to Christ.

I feel ya. I understand that false teachers exist. But I'm inclined to give people the benefit of a doubt, so...some of the criticism I see bugs me.=/

What I look for is, does the teacher acknowledge Jesus as God, and the gospel, even if only a little bit? I don't think a deceiver would do that.
No teacher is perfect, and I don't feel it's up to me to decide who is the tares among the wheat.

Someone from my church said this recently: if a church is popular, they are either doing something very right or very wrong.

What I look for is, does the teacher acknowledge Jesus as God, and the gospel, even if only a little bit? I don't think a deceiver would do that.

Actually they would.

2 Corinthians 11
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

No teacher is perfect, and I don't feel it's up to me to decide who is the tares among the wheat.
1 John 4
1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.
4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them.
6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

detective.gif

It doesn't say what doctrines they will or will not acknowledge in those verses, though. If Satan wants to deceive people, why would his tools speak the most important truth at all?

The way to test the spirits is to line up what is said with scripture, if it contradicts scripture. That said, no one's doctrine or understanding of scripture is 100% correct, so that needs to be kept in mind, too.

It doesn't say what doctrines they will or will not acknowledge in those verses, though.

12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.

Paul said these false apostles wanted to be regarded just as he was. Paul was a Christian and he preached the Gospel. So if they wanted to be like him, their doctrine was a twisted imitation of the Gospel.

If Satan wants to deceive people, why would his tools speak the most important truth at all?

Because that's who he is and he's not speaking the truth. He uses just enough of the Word of God to make his lies appear real.

The way to test the spirits is to line up what is said with scripture, if it contradicts scripture. That said, no one's doctrine or understanding of scripture is 100% correct, so that needs to be kept in mind, too.

Not trying to be contentious, but that line of thinking is what got the church in the condition it is today. Everybody's willing to settle for 2nd best.

That's not good.

Paul said these false apostles wanted to be regarded just as he was. Paul was a Christian and he preached the Gospel. So if they wanted to be like him, their doctrine was a twisted imitation of the Gospel.

Because that's who he is and he's not speaking the truth. He uses just enough of the Word of God to make his lies appear real.

Not trying to be contentious, but that line of thinking is what got the church in the condition it is today. Everybody's willing to settle for 2nd best.

That's not good.
What I was referring to was a correct and scriptural view of the gospel. I have heard twisted views on it.

Some of my understandings of scripture have changed as I learned more. (Nothing major. Perhaps the most major would be my views of the end times. I just don't know what to think about them anymore.) I'm not any more or less saved than I was since then.:confused

chuck smith? really of calvary chapel. john hagee? I have read somethings about him but haven't verified that. but if one is going to go there with chuck smith. since he is dead, I would like to know what he said. I have listened to chuck smith.

I could go there about cyrus schofield. the man responsible for futurism.

chuck smith? really of calvary chapel. john hagee? I have read somethings about him but haven't verified that. but if one is going to go there with chuck smith. since he is dead, I would like to know what he said. I have listened to chuck smith.

I could go there about cyrus schofield. the man responsible for futurism.
I'm impressed. Though he only printed the doctrine of a Jesuit priest, few people seem to know that his commentary in the reference Bible led the charge for this new doctrine to flourish.

.... I can't figure out when the true teachers and the false teachers can be identified on this forum, and when they can't. But you left out the biggest one. I'll wait a week(i.e. until 7 days from now) before replying if you want to know who it is. (privately). Unless someone else posts it, and the posts don't get deleted.
Don't be evasive in your remarks. If you want to say something, just say it. If you know what you want to say is against the rules, just don't say anything about it at all. Your evasive statements add nothing of value.

1. Paul Crouch
2. Pat Robertson
3. Rick Warren
4. Chuck Smith
5. Benny Hinn
6. Robert Schuller
7. Oral Roberts
8. James Swaggart
9. Joel Osteen
10. John Hagee
Kathi, could you list what makes each of these people a dangerous false teacher please? Some of them are obvious to me, but maybe not to some other readers. And then a couple of them aren't very obvious to me either. I'd be curious what things you see in each of them that makes them false teachers.

If a teacher makes one false statement, does that make them a false teacher?

Back