Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study FAITH, And the Knowledge of God's Righteousness

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I have asked you to speak the word that comes from your heart, and you have made known the word that comes from your heart. In being questioned about making your boast of the law, you have sought to justify your own boasting, and in doing so you have branded yourself as an evil unsaved hypocrite.
this was addressed to you jethro by ez rider... { evil unsaved hypocrite. } may be some one should explain

this was addressed to you jethro by ez rider... { evil unsaved hypocrite. } may be some one should explain

did you post this? > evil unsaved hypocrite. ..no you did not so it has nothing to do with you unless you agree with it

Maybe a little exercise in reading comprehension would do you some good. I did not call Jethro an evil unsaved hypocrite. I said he labeled himself as such. Those are Jethro's words. Not mine, and not those of smaller either.

Maybe a little exercise in reading comprehension would do you some good. I did not call Jethro an evil unsaved hypocrite. I said he labeled himself as such. Those are Jethro's words. Not mine, and not those of smaller either.
by all right carry on someday somebodies religion will rule

might i add i did read i did comprehend ,i made a observation .but see he never labeled him self as such it was you who added the label with a imply

did you post this? > evil unsaved hypocrite. ..no you did not so it has nothing to do with you unless you agree with it

IF I've stated it once I've said a thousand times, I condemn NO ONE who has called upon Jesus to save them, period. No, not one. Please refer to this post in the future should you forget.

That being said, let us try to have an HONEST look at the subject matter.

Here is an honest look at Paul, from Paul's own lips:

2 Cor. 12:
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

However anyone cares to read the fact above it is superabundantly clear to me that a messenger of Satan that was NOT PAUL was in the flesh of Paul. Jesus confirms this fact in Mark 4:15 for example. The same fact is affirmed by scriptures such as Acts 26:18, 2 Cor. 4:4, Eph. 2:2, Gal. 3:13-14, Gal. 5:17 and 1 John 3:8.

NOW ask me if the messenger of Satan in the flesh of Paul was saved and what should the answer be? That would be NO! Never!

So you see Ezra, it's not as easy of a formula as many chrisitian postures try to make it when they try to "package the whole believer" into an OSAS package or try to find some futile way to justify the "messengers of Satan" in the flesh of anyone. It's actually a much more complex question. It's simple, on the surface, that Yes, Undoubtedly Paul was saved. Beyond any question.

But that does not cover the entire subject matter, even of Paul, and perhaps even less for ourselves by comparisons if we can't manage to see past the these various sorely blinded theological positions that get sold to us in the christian marketplace.

From my theological seat of understanding is is entirely open and obvious that both eternal life and eternal damnation walked in the same pair of shoes with Paul, and by extension, all other believers.

IF I've stated it once I've said a thousand times, I condemn NO ONE who has called upon Jesus to save them, period. No, not one. Please refer to this post in the future should you forget.

That being said, let us try to have an HONEST look at the subject matter.

Here is an honest look at Paul, from Paul's own lips:

2 Cor. 12:
7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

However anyone cares to read the fact above it is superabundantly clear to me that a messenger of Satan that was NOT PAUL was in the flesh of Paul. Jesus confirms this fact in Mark 4:15 for example. The same fact is affirmed by scriptures such as Acts 26:18, 2 Cor. 4:4, Eph. 2:2, Gal. 3:13-14, Gal. 5:17 and 1 John 3:8.

NOW ask me if the messenger of Satan in the flesh of Paul was saved and what should the answer be? That would be NO! Never!

So you see Ezra, it's not as easy of a formula as many chrisitian postures try to make it when they try to "package the whole believer" into an OSAS package or try to find some futile way to justify the "messengers of Satan" in the flesh of anyone. It's actually a much more complex question. It's simple, on the surface, that Yes, Undoubtedly Paul was saved. Beyond any question.

But that does not cover the entire subject matter, even of Paul, and perhaps even less for ourselves by comparisons if we can't manage to see past the these various sorely blinded theological positions that get sold to us in the christian marketplace.
sorely blinded theological positions that get sold to us in the christian marketplace.

From my theological seat of understanding is is entirely open and obvious that both eternal life and eternal damnation walked in the same pair of shoes with Paul, and by extension, all other believers.
sorry but i aint been shopping
i have no idea what this post is all about

sorry but i aint been shopping
i have no idea what this post is all about
I wrote 3 words n you inferred a boatload that didn't exist. So I take the time to do a detailed post with scripture and you're clueless? Can't even understand what's said? Whazzup wit all O dat?

I wrote 3 words n you inferred a boatload that didn't exist. So I take the time to do a detailed post with scripture and you're clueless? Can't even understand what's said? Whazzup wit all O dat?
When a man accepts the Lords grace, he becomes a new creation. There is a change in a mans life. After receiving God's grace, we become an example of God's grace as ambassadors of Christ. We die to self and are alive with Christ (2 Cor.5:16-18) (Rom. 6:4). We are to rebuke false doctrine, but not with malice (Eph. 4:31-32) (Proverbs 15:1; 12:16) This is what all of us should follow and is confirmed by the chastisement of the Spirit in us when we revert back to the flesh. God chastises us as son's, because we are His sons in Christ.

Christ in us
Douglas Summers

Last edited:
dont know i don.t do gang slang homie had you comprehended like ez said i should.it had nothing to do with you...
evil unsaved hypocrite.
jethro used it as a comparison you and ez agreed he was.... but then again i only have a 4 th grade education lol:mouthdrop:topic

dont know i don.t do gang slang homie had you comprehended like ez said i should.it had nothing to do with you... jethro used it as a comparison you and ez agreed he was.... but then again i only have a 4 th grade education lol:mouthdrop:topic

I'm sorry, but you will be real hard pressed to find anywhere that I said Jethro was an evil, or that he was unsaved, although I have said he is a hypocrite. But I am a hypocrite too! Nope, your only hearing me repeat Jethro's assessment back to him. He would have to explain how why he interprets mine or smaller's comments as be inferred as "evil unsaved hypocrites."

4th grade education or not, you can explain why you responded to smaller and his 3 simple words in your post #321 if it was not meant for him?

Scoffers. It is written there would be scoffers in the last days. Scoff on!

2 Peter 3:1-4
This second epistle, beloved, I now write unto you; in both which I stir up your pure minds by way of remembrance: That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

2 Peter 3:8-9
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

One day plus one day equals two days.

Daniel 12:1-3
And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

John 5:25-29
Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Hosea 6:1-3
Come, and let us return unto the Lord:
for he hath torn, and he will heal us;
he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
After two days will he revive us:
in the third day he will raise us up,

and we shall live in his sight.
Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord:
his going forth is prepared as the morning;
and he shall come unto us as the rain,
as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

Are you continuing on in FAITH to know the Lord? Or are you still trying to live by the knowledge of the law?

The knowledge of the law leads you to the resurrection of damnation. They enter in by the broad way, but they have an appointment with the second death and lake of fire. Depart from me, for I never knew you.

But those who walk according to Faith, who seek the Lord with all their heart and mind, those who seek to know the Lord's righteousness, they shall follow on to know the Lord as part of the resurrection of life.

Are you a child of wrath or a child of mercy?

In the scriptures it is written that you have no need that man should teach you, for you have the one and only teacher.

1 John 2:26-27
These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

John 14:26-27
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

2 Corinthians 3:12-18
Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

The vail remains upon the heart. No man can teach you. I can not teach you. Only the Spirit of Christ can teach you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back