Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

FirstResurrection

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yes, we are kings and priests already, positionally, and there is a literal Earthly kingdom yet to come where we will actually rule...praise God!
So what exactly did Jesus say about this earthly kingdom ?

Can you quote Jesus ever saying anything at all about an earthly kindom ?

A related question. What 'kingdom' is prophecied in the OT?

Last edited by a moderator:
So what exactly did Jesus say about this earthly kingdom ?

Can you quote Jesus ever saying anything at all about an earthly kindom ?

A related question. What 'kingdom' is prophecied in the OT?

God's word teaches us about the Millennial Reign of Christ, prophesied by Ezekiel, Micah, Isaiah, and later Jesus himself, and all of the New Testament. Revelation is the revelation of Jesus Christ!

The Reign of Christ was prophesied hundreds of years before Jesus was born, before John wrote Revelation. The only thing that the Book of Revelation adds about the Reign of Christ is a timeframe: 1,000 Years.

In Isaiah 11-12, he tells us of the descendant of King David (Jesus) that will one day come and Reign as King. Jesus is that King. After the Tribulation, he will Reign on Earth for 1,000 Years. This is what we refer to as the Millennial Kingdom. Isaiah 11:1-2 says, "A shoot will come up from the stump of Jess [father of King David]; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD."

In other words, Jesus, who is wise, understanding, mighty, knowledgeable, and powerful, will come to reign. Isaiah 35 also talks about the 1,000 Year Reign of Christ. Even Jesus himself says, "I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." (Revelation 22:16) The deserts will bloom (verse 1), no one will be blind or deaf (verse 5), those who are paralyzed and mute will not be any longer, (verse 6), and burning sand will "become a pool." (verse 7) So this chapter gives us a glimpse of things to come for God's People.

Isaiah 65:17-25 talks about not only the New Heaven and the New Earth, but also about the 1,000 Year Reign. Verse 20 says, "Never again will there be in it infants who live but a few days, or older people who do not live out their years; those who die at a hundred will be thought mere youths; those who fail to reach a hundred will be considered cursed."

http://thetruth-blog.blogspot.com/2010/07/millennial-reign-of-christ.html

Rev 20:4-6
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
(KJV)

The purpose here is to show cause why the 'First Resurrection' is the regeneration (born-again) of the believer and not a Resurrection of the body.
Good luck with that.......lol

' We who are alive and remain.....'

One cannot be resurrected unless first he has died.

So it is the spiritual resurrection ,ie born-again, we all must partake of, bodily resurrection is not necessary, in the same sense. If you have not been spititually raised you dont want to be bodily raised.
Sorry Hitch, but scripture tells us........
1st corinthians 15
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

This is a referrence to the bodily resurrection whoch occurs at the pre-millennial return of Christ, and just like 1st Thess 4:15-17 confirms we will not all die, but we will all (believers that is) be resurrected or changed as we are being caught up, and receive immortal heavenly bodies at that time.

We have Hitch an amillennialst, and Alabaster a pretribber aruging/debating each other about the first resurrection. That is like a Jehovah Witness, and a Mormon arguing over what Christ's death on the cross accomplished. Its ridiculous when you think about it.

We have Hitch an amillennialst, and Alabaster a pretribber aruging/debating each other about the first resurrection. That is like a Jehovah Witness, and a Mormon arguing over what Christ's death on the cross accomplished. Its ridiculous when you think about it.

What's ridiculous is that someone considers it ridiculous for a person who knows the truth of scripture to uphold it in the face of those who persist in error.

I like it fine. It's our job as believers to hold fast to the truth.

God's word teaches us about the Millennial Reign of Christ, prophesied by Ezekiel, Micah, Isaiah, and later Jesus himself, and all of the New Testament. Revelation is the revelation of Jesus Christ!

The Reign of Christ was prophesied hundreds of years before Jesus was born, before John wrote Revelation. The only thing that the Book of Revelation adds about the Reign of Christ is a timeframe: 1,000 Years.

In Isaiah 11-12, he tells us of the descendant of King David (Jesus) that will one day come and Reign as King. Jesus is that King. After the Tribulation, he will Reign on Earth for 1,000 Years. This is what we refer to as the Millennial Kingdom. Isaiah 11:1-2 says, "A shoot will come up from the stump of Jess [father of King David]; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit. The Spirit of the LORD will rest on him - the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the LORD."

In other words, Jesus, who is wise, understanding, mighty, knowledgeable, and powerful, will come to reign. Isaiah 35 also talks about the 1,000 Year Reign of Christ. Even Jesus himself says, "I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star." (Revelation 22:16) The deserts will bloom (verse 1), no one will be blind or deaf (verse 5), those who are paralyzed and mute will not be any longer, (verse 6), and burning sand will "become a pool." (verse 7) So this chapter gives us a glimpse of things to come for God's People.

Isaiah 65:17-25 talks about not only the New Heaven and the New Earth, but also about the 1,000 Year Reign. Verse 20 says, "Never again will there be in it infants who live but a few days, or older people who do not live out their years; those who die at a hundred will be thought mere youths; those who fail to reach a hundred will be considered cursed."

http://thetruth-blog.blogspot.com/2010/07/millennial-reign-of-christ.html
So you cant find a single quote from Jesus speaking about a temporal kingdom.

Tell me is the kingdom Jesus does speak of here the one prophecied in the OT?

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Sorry Hitch, but scripture tells us........
1st corinthians 15
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

This is a referrence to the bodily resurrection whoch occurs at the pre-millennial return of Christ, and just like 1st Thess 4:15-17 confirms we will not all die, but we will all (believers that is) be resurrected or changed as we are being caught up, and receive immortal heavenly bodies at that time.

So you're saying not all believers will be resurrected;

I take it you're 'sorry' becasue you're forced to admit my point . LOL

BTW quote me a passage that uses the term pre-millennial. Just one. Not one of the verses you posted says that ,you added it, cant you find some with pre-millennial already included? It doesnt have to be 'pre-millennial' exactly, something like 'this must take place before the thousand years ' is acceptible.

Well then it should be chil';s play for you to tear apart my post verse by verse.

Good luck with that LOL

What's ridiculous is that someone considers it ridiculous for a person who knows the truth of scripture to uphold it in the face of those who persist in error.

Alabaster:

It should not be surprising when Christians stick to what the Bible teaches; about the coming of the Lord Jesus is an eminently Biblical teaching; you are right.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Again Jesus speaks of resurrection by announcing that all who are in the graves,defined as the good and evil, will hear the call in the same hour.

This keeps in line with his description of the harvest in M13 and as in M13 no space is given for multiple resurrections over time and no space is given for continuing history following the resurrection.

I do not believe that this teaches that the resurrection of the whole world occurs at one time. In fact, according to the rest of scripture, it definitely doesn't.

You were talking knowing the truth of scripture ? While you flatly contradict what Jesus said ,in plain terms.

So you cant find a single quote from Jesus speaking about a temporal kingdom.

Revelation is all we need as far as Jesus' teaching on this. John received the revelation from Jesus Himself. Either you accept His teaching or you don't. Looks like you don't---for now, anyway. But when Jesus returns and sticks around for 1,000 years, where will you be living? Where will you be reigning?

Tell me is the kingdom Jesus does speak of here the one prophecied in the OT?

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

No, it is talking about the Kingdom of God we as believers are citizens of, that He offers us.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Again Jesus speaks of resurrection by announcing that all who are in the graves,defined as the good and evil, will hear the call in the same hour.

This keeps in line with his description of the harvest in M13 and as in M13 no space is given for multiple resurrections over time and no space is given for continuing history following the resurrection.

I do not believe that this teaches that the resurrection of the whole world occurs at one time. In fact, according to the rest of scripture, it definitely doesn't.

You were talking knowing the truth of scripture ? While you flatly contradict what Jesus said ,in plain terms.

No, what you are interpreting is erroneous. Nowhere does it say that both the wicked and the righteous are resurrected together---except after the Millennium, where only the Church has been resurrected previous.

Get back to your Bible and see that your little opportunistic use of one verse does not agree with the sum of all scripture thsat touches on this subject.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

These verses are speaking of those who are murderd by the beast for following Jesus.
The kingdom (land of Israel )that today is ruled by the beast(the Israeli goverment)will be given to those saints during the millinium .'

Daniel 7;27
And the kingdom and dominion,and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven,shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High,whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,and all dominions shall serve and obey him..

Those same saints who recieve the kingdom(promised land)shall still be there at the end of the milliniuum too.

Rev 20;9
And they went up on the breadth of the earth,and compassed the camp of the saints about,and the beloved city;and fire came down from God out of heaven,and devoured them.

As for where Jesus is during thos 1000 years ,I have not come to any conclusion.
I believe he will dwell in the New Jerusalem which descends down out of heaven after that 1000 years has been fofilled.

These verses are speaking of those who are murderd by the beast for following Jesus.
The kingdom (land of Israel )that today is ruled by the beast(the Israeli goverment)will be given to those saints during the millinium .'

Daniel 7;27
And the kingdom and dominion,and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven,shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High,whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,and all dominions shall serve and obey him..

Those same saints who recieve the kingdom(promised land)shall still be there at the end of the milliniuum too.

Rev 20;9
And they went up on the breadth of the earth,and compassed the camp of the saints about,and the beloved city;and fire came down from God out of heaven,and devoured them.

As for where Jesus is during thos 1000 years ,I have not come to any conclusion.
I believe he will dwell in the New Jerusalem which descends down out of heaven after that 1000 years has been fofilled.

22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Is this the same ' city' ? Notice the past tense.

No, what you are interpreting is erroneous. Nowhere does it say that both the wicked and the righteous are resurrected together---except after the Millennium, where only the Church has been resurrected previous.
Get back to your Bible and see that your little opportunistic use of one verse does not agree with the sum of all scripture thsat touches on this subject.
LOL Its pretentious in the extreme to claim a doctrine is christian when it reuquires from the begining a direct contradiction of Jesus Christ.

28 “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice 29 and come out—those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned. 30 By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. NIV

28Do not be surprised and wonder at this, for the time is coming when all those who are in the tombs shall hear His voice,
29And they shall come out--those who have practiced doing good [will come out] to the resurrection of [new] life, and those who have done evil will be raised for judgment [raised to meet their sentence]. Amp

28 Marvel not at this: for the hour cometh, in which all that are in the tombs shall hear his voice,
29 and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of judgment AS

Interesting you say this doesnt agree with the sum of scripture. Perhaps you will detail your correction of our Lord's words. I just have to believe what he said.

Jesus will shout and the righteous only will come forth from their graves.

The wicked will rise up to stand in judgment more than a millennium later.

All according to scripture.

Jesus will shout and the righteous only will come forth from their graves.

The wicked will rise up to stand in judgment more than a millennium later.

All according to scripture.
You mean the scriptures you listed LOL

Are they in really small font?

Just because Im such a nice guy I'll supply the scripture;

Now all you need to do is find room for 1,000 years right here;

unto the resurrection of life; [ ] and they that have done evil.

22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Is this the same ' city' ? Notice the past tense.

It is speaking OF the same city.
But that city doesnt come down out of heaven till the 1000 years after the beast and false prophet have been casat into the lake of fire.Abnd we know the beast is in Jerusalem today.

Let me guess.You think the resurrection is already past?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back