Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Four Things God Wants You to Know

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"Partakers of the divine nature."
--2 Peter 1:4

To be a partaker of the divine nature is not, of course, to become God. That cannot be. The essence of Deity is not to be participated in by the creature. Between the creature and the Creator there must ever be a gulf fixed in respect of essence; but as the first man Adam was made in the image of God, so we, by the renewal of the Holy Spirit, are in a yet diviner sense made in the image of the Most High, and are partakers of the divine nature. We are, by grace, made like God. "God is love"; we become love--"He that loveth is born of God."

God is truth; we become true, and we love that which is true: God is good, and He makes us good by His grace, so that we become the pure in heart who shall see God. Moreover, we become partakers of the divine nature in even a higher sense than this--in fact, in as lofty a sense as can be conceived, short of our being absolutely divine. Do we not become members of the body of the divine person of Christ? Yes, the same blood which flows in the head flows in the hand: and the same life which quickens Christ quickens His people, for "Ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God." Nay, as if this were not enough, we are married unto Christ. He hath betrothed us unto Himself in righteousness and in faithfulness, and he who is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Oh! marvellous mystery! we look into it, but who shall understand it? One with Jesus--so one with Him that the branch is not more one with the vine than we are a part of the Lord, our Saviour, and our Redeemer! While we rejoice in this, let us remember that those who are made partakers of the divine nature will manifest their high and holy relationship in their intercourse with others, and make it evident by their daily walk and conversation that they have escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. O for more divine holiness of life!

Charles Spurgeon

Jay T said:
[quote="Merry Menagerie":c77f9]
How few Christians realize how powerful satan really is !

Are you a seventh day adventist? never mind if you are, it's just that I used to go out with a guy who was a seventh day adventist and he said to me...

"It worries me, that you don't realise how powerful Satan is."

To which I responded...

"It worries me, that you don't realise how powerful God is."

I say the same to you.
True....But it must be remembered that it was God, that warned us, that satan has (and will) ...deceive the 'whole' world, (Revelation 12:9).

It is not God we have to worry about...but, what He warns us about ,we must pay absolute attention to, as God will not interfere with a person's choices.
[/quote:c77f9]

Well let me just tell you how *I* handle Satan. I simply submit to God. Pretty simple - and you dont' have to worry because Satan would have 'fleed' when we submit to God.

There! Problem solved! Are you still concerned? ;)

"Greater is he who's living in me than he that is in the world"

The Good News of the Gospel

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 5: 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14: 21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

THE LORD JESUS PAID THE PENALTY FOR SIN ON THE CROSS

Isaiah 53: 4. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he [was] wounded for our transgressions, [he was] bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace [was] upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

1 Peter 1: 18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [as] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Hebrews 10: 12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Romans 5: 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

SALVATION IS A GIFT OFFERED TO ANYONE WHO WILL RECEIVE IT

Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3: 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Romans 5: 1. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY WAY TO HEAVEN

John 14: 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4: 12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

COME TO THE LORD JESUS AND RECEIVE THE GIFT OF FORGIVENESS AND ETERNAL LIFE.

The Bible says:

ALL HAVE SINNED:

Romans 3: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

SIN HAS A PENALTY:

Ezekiel 18: 20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Romans 6: 23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

JESUS PAID THE PENALTY:

Romans 5: 8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

YOU MUST RECEIVE THE LORD JESUS:

John 1: 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

YOU MUST BELIEVE THE GOSPEL

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Here is a site to help new believers to grow in the Lord.

http://www.biblebelievers.net/

Prayerfully read your bible everyday.

Ask God to keep you safe from wolves and hereticks so that you may know how to please him and grow in the Lord...

Tract_Page_10_What_He_Did_GIF.gif

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Well let me just tell you how *I* handle Satan. I simply submit to God. Pretty simple - and you dont' have to worry because Satan would have 'fleed' when we submit to God.

[/quote]HE GOT YOU !

[/quote]HE GOT YOU !

From the Peoples Gospel Hour.

http://www.tpgh.org/

1. You Need To Be Saved

"Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23)

"There is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not." (Ecclesiastes 7:20)

"We are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags." (Isaiah 64:6)

2. You Cannot Save Yourself

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us." (Titus 3:5)

"By the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16)

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10)

"There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." (Proverbs 14:12)

3. Jesus Has Already Provided For Your Salvation

"Who [Jesus] his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness." (1 Peter 2:24)

"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God." (1 Peter 3:18)

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

4. Jesus Will Enable You to Overcome Temptation

"The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished." (2 Peter 2:9)

"If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Your Part:

1. Repent (Turn from your sins)

"Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." (Luke 13:3)

2. Believe

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." (Acts 16:31)

3. Do It Now

"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near." (Isaiah 55:6)

"Behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:2)

"How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation?" (Hebrews 2:3)

4. Remember

"Every one of us shall give account of himself to God." (Romans 14:12)

"It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." (Hebrews9:27)

"But he that believeth on him...shall not come into judgment." (John 5:24)

"Choose you this day whom ye will serve." (Joshua 24:15)

Merry Menagerie said:
Who got whom?
Under the Garb of Christianity

We are approaching the end of this earth's history, and Satan is working as never before.
He is striving to act as director of the Christian world.

With an intensity that is marvelous he is working with his lying wonders. Satan is represented as walking about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

He desires to embrace the whole world in his confederacy. Hiding his deformity under the garb of Christianity, he assumes the attributes of a Christian, and claims to be Christ Himself....(2 Corinthians 11:14,15)

Oh so you're saying that Satan got me?

Ok - that's your opinion. And you're entitled to it. But just because it's your opinion, doesn't make it fact.

I know who I am in Christ, friend, I do not need you or anyone with their unfounded fear of satan, to tell me who I am. But thanks for your opinion anyway - But I reject it.

"Greater is He that's living in me, than he that is in the world"

Merry Menagerie said:
Oh so you're saying that Satan got me?

Ok - that's your opinion. And you're entitled to it. But just because it's your opinion, doesn't make it fact.

I know who I am in Christ, friend, I do not need you or anyone with their unfounded fear of satan, to tell me who I am. But thanks for your opinion anyway - But I reject it.

"Greater is He that's living in me, than he that is in the world"
Actually, I believe I was aiming it at someone else.

Good and you keep it aimed there...it does not belong to in the direction of a child of God.

Posted with permission

For an uplifting and wholseome experience visit this web site...

http://www.wholesomewords.org/

Herein Is Love

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 John 4:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Please take a moment to consider the love of God which is manifested in the person of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. God sent His Son into the world to be your Saviour from sin. God gave His Son to die upon the Cross and to shed His blood that you need not perish. God offers you forgiveness of sins and everlasting life through His Son.

Herein is love! But many choose not to receive God's love, and reject His gift of everlasting life through faith in Jesus Christ. Yet apart from the life which God offers you in His Son, you are dead in trespasses and sins and shall die, for "all have sinned" and the "wages of sin is death." (Romans 3:23; 6:23) For the same God who says, "he that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life," also says that "he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." (John 3:36)

Be not deceived. You do not earn salvation by "good" conduct, membership in any organization, adherence to any creed, or by any ritual or sacrament. Salvation is a free gift of God which you receive through personal faith in His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:8,9) Jesus Christ is "the way, the truth, and the life." (John 14:6) No one comes to God but by Him. No one knows the truth apart from Him. No one has life except through Him. Won't you believe this in your heart and call upon the Lord Jesus to save you? For "if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9)

God in His love and grace offers you salvation from sin and death. Your response to God determines whether you will spend eternity in heaven or in hell. Have you believed God and received His love through faith in Jesus Christ? If not, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as your Saviour, and you shall be saved from sin and death and have everlasting life.

--Stephen Ross

Jesus Died Your Soul To Save

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jesus died your soul to save;
For your life He freely gave
All He had in heaven above,
Just to show His wondrous love.

Wondrous love so rich, so free--
Can it truly be for me?
Yes, dear friend, 'tis true, 'tis true,
All Christ did, He did for you.

--Jennifer R. Leaf

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:31

bibleberean said:
The key words here is, 'should not perish'.
It does not say, they cannot, but 'should not'.

Which leaves the choice up to them, as to whether they will continue to believe in Jesus Christ as new truths come to them, which many will in time, come to reject...as scripture tells us.

As it is written: "Those who endure to the end....the same shall be saved"

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:31
Does satan and all his millions of angels believe in Jesus Christ ?
Of course they do as they have seen him, and heard all his words.

Merry Menagerie said:
But have they received him?
No.
And the Bible shows, many people who believe, that they are Christians, haven't either.

The telling factor is, obedience.

As Jesus says:"Why call me Lord, Lord, and do not the things I say" (Luke 6:46).

Merry Menagerie said:
The telling factor is receiving!
I believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ is based on giving also.

Christ is our example in giving of ourselves to others.
Yes, we ask God to give to us, that we may give to someone else. Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them".
Grace is the free gift of God...to be used....otherwise we receive the grace of God in vain.....
2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, [as] workers together [with him], beseech [you] also that ye [receive not the grace of God in vain].

Bonsai said:
bibleberean said:
Can a Christian ever lose his salvation? "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of My hand." (John 10:27,28)
I really wish it were that simple.

It is that simple. All you need to do is to choose to follow Jesus Christ and pray as what he teaches us to pray.

Let this then be your prayer: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. Let your kingdom come. Let your pleasure be done, as in heaven, so on earth. Give us this day bread for our needs. And make us free of our debts, as we have made those free who are in debt to us. And let us not be put to the test, but keep us safe from the Evil One.

Amen.

Jay T said:
[quote="Merry Menagerie":4d02c]The telling factor is receiving!
I believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ is based on giving also.

Christ is our example in giving of ourselves to others.
Yes, we ask God to give to us, that we may give to someone else. Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them".
Grace is the free gift of God...to be used....otherwise we receive the grace of God in vain.....
2 Corinthians 6:1 We then, [as] workers together [with him], beseech [you] also that ye [receive not the grace of God in vain]. [/quote:4d02c]

We cannot give if we dont' have anything to give - we need to receive first then the 'giving' will be natural.

Back