Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
there is a difference between spiritual and spiritual - namely it is the significant, because the devil also is a spirit and its kingdom also is spiritual, and the spiritual is in the basis of all things in the universe, exactly it rules them, that is why the right faith is so/very important, because if the faith is wrong, exactly then the devil may more or less receive a power to reign in the world

1 Corinthians 2:12-13 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world(i.e. not the spirit of the human religion), but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom(i.e. which the human(666) faith/spirituality/religion) teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.",

James 3:5-6 "Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue(i.e. the human faith) is a fire(i.e. a power), a(i.e. a whole) world of iniquity: so is the tongue(i.e. the human(666) faith) among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell(i.e. power of the "darkness").",

Romans 5:12-14 "by one man(i.e. by the generation of spiritual/religious violators/offenders) sin(i.e. the devil and its kingdom which is the system of spiritual/religious iniquity) entered into the world, and death(i.e. and the vitiation) by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned(i.e. and so many humans have been overtaken by the "sin" and "death", some of them as its servants, while others as its victims): For until the law(i.e. for even before the entry of human religion) sin was in the world(i.e. the "darkness" was in the universe): but sin is not imputed when there is no law(i.e. but the appearance of the "darkness" cannot enter/reign in the world where there is no human(666) spirituality/religion). Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression(i.e. even over those who had not done the very sin which is the spiritual/religious iniquity)"

Blessings

Last edited by a moderator:
We shall be Saved by His Life ! cont

This quickening by Christ the Last Adam 1 Cor 15:45,that He provides to all for whom He died, He represented as Head of, like Adam was a representative head of, it [the quickening] being effected in His behalf and in His Name by the Holy Spirit, this quickening is a communication of a New source of life, which is they being begotten again by His Resurrection from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Begotten again is the greek word anagennaō and means:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

And it is from this New Principle of Life, New Life, it is manifested by our Gospel Obedience of Faith and Repentance ! And this is how we are saved by His Life !

2 Tim 1:9

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

That one is saved before they believe the Gospel is True when we consider the Divine order in this scripture before us. One here is saved prior to being called, and being called is by the Gospel 2 Thess 2:14

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

When one is called by the Gospel, it is that they may believe the good news of their Salvation ! Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

That means they were saved when they heard it, it was theirs ! To hear the Gospel of ones salvation is not to then perform a condition to get saved or to get God to save you.

That is why Paul commanded the inquiring Jailor to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved,and then spake unto him the World of the Lord Acts 16:31-32, and he did believe because he was saved, and Paul just had been used of God to call him to believe the good news of his Salvation.

The Divine order is Eternal Election, by the Father, Redemption by the Son, New Birth and Conversion by the Spirit and Gospel, which consist in Faith and Repentance. In the economy of Salvation all Three Beings of the One Godhead participate in saving the Elect, The Father's Election, the Sons Redemption, and the Spirit's application !

We shall be Saved by His Life ! cont

This quickening by Christ the Last Adam 1 Cor 15:45,that He provides to all for whom He died, He represented as Head of, like Adam was a representative head of, it [the quickening] being effected in His behalf and in His Name by the Holy Spirit, this quickening is a communication of a New source of life, which is they being begotten again by His Resurrection from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Begotten again is the greek word anagennaō and means:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

And it is from this New Principle of Life, New Life, it is manifested by our Gospel Obedience of Faith and Repentance ! And this is how we are saved by His Life !

hath begotten us again unto a lively hope...

We now have a hope of being Resurrected, because He has been raised from the dead.

We do not have this hope until after we are "born again" by the word of God.

JLB

Redemption is particular !

Limited Atonement and Particular Redemption are the same, restricted to God's People Ps 111:9

9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

The promise is to redeem Israel Lk 1:68

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

Note: This is because of Christ !

Ps 130:7-8

7 Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Eph 1:4-7

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

The Unveiling of the Mystery in the NT is not that God no longer deals in Covenant Mercy with a Particular People, but that the Particular people are not from any one particular nation or ethnicity, but composed of particular individuals from all over the world !

The use of the word world !

Many of the false teachers, who teach that Christ's death was for everyone in the World without exception, normally appeal to such scriptures as Jn 3:16; 2 Cor 5:19; 1 Jn 2:2 and on and on, of which none of them explicitly say that Christ died for everyone without exception, but this is their ungodly spin on those verses, which they will give an account for in the Judgment. The word world is used in several ways in scripture, and it is in this manner we must understand the word. Its the greek word kosmos :

1) an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government

2) ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:3

3) the world, the universe

4) the circle of the earth, the earth

5) the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family

6) the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ

7) world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly

a) the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ

8) any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

a) the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc)

b)of believers only, John 1:29; 3:16; 3:17; 6:33; 12:47 1 Cor. 4:9; 2 Cor. 5:19

Now all false teachers will tell us that world in Jn 3:16 means #5 definition :

the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family

However, we know that this could not be its meaning for the simple fact of, God did not Love Esau who was part of the Human Family of men, and God does not Love the workers of Iniquity who are part of the Human Family or of the inhabitants of the earth ! Rom 9:13

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Ps 5:5

5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

Now these workers of iniquity that God hates, cannot be at the same time the ungodly sinners He Loves and Christ died for as an manifestation of His Love for them while they were ungodly Rom 5:6-8

6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

So its an contradiction for God to hate some people and then turn around and Love the same people, no thats not even the case, the Truth is, Two separate groups of people as sinners are in view, one set that God hates, and one set that God Loves, and each group of people according to the definition of the word world kosmos, are considered a world.

See Definition # 8 for world above !

Now lets look at some biblical usages of the word world and determine its usage according to scripture:

John 7:7, here the world of believers are contrasted with the world of unbelievers Jn 7:7

7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Jn 15:18-19

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Jn 12:19 the word world means a Large crowd Jn 12:9,19

9 Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.

19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

World here does not denote the entire human family, but that Large Crowd of Much People of the Jews Vs 9 !

In Rom 11:15 the word world is making distinction of gentiles and jews Rom 11:15

15 For if the casting away of them[jews] be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

This is just a few of the ways biblically, how the word world is used and it not mean the whole Human Family without exception !

False teachers will give in account for their lack of study and honesty in this matter, compared to the lazy servant with one talent:

Matt 25:24-30

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Saved before we believe the Good News !

That one is saved before they believe the Gospel is seen here in Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

They are said to have trusted and believed After first hearing the Gospel of their or your Salvation, the key is the pronoun su which means you, but here it is used as a possession pronoun and in the 2 person plural meaning your Salvation you are in possession of ! This means they had in possession Salvation before they heard the Good News of it, after which hearing they Trusted and Believed the Report of that which they had. So one is in a saved state before they believe, and they are saved first in order to believe. This understanding goes well with the fact that Paul writes in 2 Cor 4:3-4 that the Gospel is hid to them that are lost, which believe not. So its reasonable to believe, if one is lost, the Gospel is Hid, then one is saved for the Gospel to be not hid in order for the believing to take place ! They were saved first by the Work of Christ the Seeking Saviour Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

And the Gospel is sent to them He sought and saved by His Blood !

1 Jn 2:2 has been corrupted ! 2

Again the word propitiation means to appease , to bring to a state of peace, the Divine Justice, hence for all those Christ hath died and propitiated God in behalf of, all satisfaction has been made. The Lord Jesus Christ, for all He shed His Blood for, did appease and or satisfy the Justice of God. The Law of God for its transgression demands death for the transgressor and satisfaction by those sheep that did sin. The Shepherd of those Sheep was required to render this Satisfaction; Now understand because of an previous Covenant compact, the Shepherd of the Sheep, AND NOT THE SHEEP, was required by Covenental engagement to render satisfaction to the Divine Government for their transgressions of it [ Isa 53:5-6], the Shepherd was the substitute offering for the transgressing Sheep, and He for them received God's Just Justice of the law against them. For He in the stead of them died because of their offences Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

and so by Him and for them the Law received its highest Honor and Justice for them was totally satisfied; and He is forever the propitiation, their Justification. In the greek, the noun propitiation is clarified by the present tense of eimi, meaning He is continually being a propitiation for the subjects of the World He died for, rendering God continually appeased for them.

I said earlier that He is also their Justification and Propitiation and here's why. The scripture says that the publican asked God to be merciful or propitious to him a sinner, and scripture goes on to say that this man was Justified before God Lk 18:14

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

That word justified means shown to be Righteous and it is also in the perfect tense !

Thats because his being declared Righteous was the end result of God being satisfied by the sacrifice of Christ for ones sins. So the whole World of 1 Jn 2:2 is a Justified world, its also a reconciled world 2 Cor 5:19 and eventually a Saved World Rom 5:10 !

Christ the Gift of God cont

Christ is the Gift of God in His Being a Sacrifice and thats how Salvation is by the Gift of God. When Jesus spake to the Samaritan woman He said to her in Jn 4:10

10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Jesus was given as a Gift seen here Isa 9:6

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Jesus was Identifying Himself as Jehovah, the fountain of Living Water Jer 2:13

13 For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Jer 17:13

13 O Lord, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the Lord, the fountain of living waters.

And He nows appears to her in the Flesh as the Gift of God, to be Given as a Sacrifice upon the Altar of God, to be offered up or delivered up to God and not to the People. The High Priest had to offer sacrifices and gifts to God for Atonement for the people, and not offer the atonement to the people as a gift they could accept or reject, for that concept of an gift has been introduced by antichrist followers; However Christ is the Gift laid on the altar of God's Judgment for the People because He is the High Priest that offers the gift as well as the gift Heb 8:3

3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.

The word gift here is the same greek word Paul uses in Eph 2:8, in fact that greek word for gift is almost exclusively used to denote a Sacrifice to God or Gift to God and Christ has been sacrificed for us if He died for us 1 Cor 5:7

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Christ the Gift of God cont

Christ is the Gift of God by Sacrifice, and He as an Sacrifice was offered to God for Him to either accept or reject in our behalf, notice Heb 11:4

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

The ESV By faith Abel offered to God a more acceptable sacrifice than Cain, through which he was commended as righteous, God commending him by accepting his gifts. And through his faith, though he died, he still speaks.

Therefore ones Salvation comes about by God accepting the Gift of Christ's Sacrifice, it has nothing to do with any gift being offered to the people. When the High Priest offered up the sacrifice to God and he lived, then it meant that God had accepted the sacrifice in behalf of the people, and the peoples sins were atoned for, whether they accepted the fact or not. If they belonged to the Covenant People Israel their sins were forgiven and atoned for, the big difference now being, under the OT economy this needed repeated annually, but the Gift, the Offering of which the High Priest Christ Offered for the People [Israel of God] it hath once and for all accomplished Eternal Redemption Heb 9:12

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Now thats the Gift of God. Now what serves the Gospel ? The Gospel is for whom this Eternal Redemption, Atonement has been accomplished in behalf of, the Gospel reveals to them the Accomplishment of the Gift. The Gift is no longer a offering, it was Offered to God and He accepted it, and that is how the beneficiaries receive it, after which the Gospel reveals it to them and they receive it consciously into their minds. Their experientially receiving the Gift is by a matter of revelation by the Gospel, but the Gift became theirs by God accepting the Offering of the Gift of Christ in their behalf !

Made a curse for us !

Gal 3:13

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

By Christ being made a Curse speaks of His not only being a sacrifice but also a substitute for those whom because of their violations against God's Law deserved to be accursed themselves !

Those who teach that Christ was only a mere offering for sin, they do lie by not also testifying that He died in the place of accursed sinners, the One for the Many !

The Offering is not made a curse, for its is pure and undefiled, but the sinners by means of their sin were unclean and accursed and Christ [by imputation] became that unclean and accursed one for the Many !

Did Christ die for Judas the Traitor ?

This is a question that has many confused, especially those who know not the scriptures of truth !

The answer is NO for a multitude of reasons, for one judas though a disciple of Christ for an ignominious purpose, he was never by Christ considered a believer, this is derived from Christ's very own words Jn 6:64-65

64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Later Jesus says of those who Believe not this Jn 10:26

26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

And we know Christ died for His Sheep Jn 10:15

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

And the only way to know whether one is a Sheep is if they believe. Jesus says the reason for not believing is not being of His Sheep He died for, and the reverse is true, if we are believing its because we were of His Sheep He died for !

So despite judas being chosen to follow Jesus for a disgraceful purpose, Jesus never identified him as one of His Sheep.

But even more plainer as to why judas the traitor was not an object of Christ's Blood shed is Christ's comment here Jn 13:8-11

8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

11 For he knew who should betray him [ As stated here Jn 6:64] therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

Notice He said that they had been washed and were clean EXCEPT ONE, by saying " Ye are not all clean"

Now how are the clean ? By being washed Vs 10 "Jesus saith to him, He that is washed "

Now the word wash here is the greek word λούω and means:

to bathe, wash

a) of a dead person

b) washing to cleanse blood out of wounds

(lit. or merely ceremonially), I wash, bathe (the body); mid: of washing, bathing one's self; met: I cleanse from sin.

Metaphorically its used as cleansed or washed from Sin.

Now its the same Word John uses metaphorically here Rev 1:5

5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

This speaks of His Death, His Blood is what washed us from our sins, and that by HIS DEATH, and so all for whom Christ died must be clean, because they are washed by His Blood when He died for them !

Now judas the traitor was exempt from that when Jesus said, Ye [as a Group] are clean, yet not all of you ! Because He knew one was to betray Him, That being judas the unbeliever !

Now when Jesus said also to the group this Lk 22:19-22

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

21 But, behold, the hand of him that betrayeth me is with me on the table.

22 And truly the Son of man goeth, as it was determined: but woe unto that man by whom he is betrayed!

Jesus in Vs 20 could not have meant judas also ! For #1 judas was an unbeliever,for he believed not Jn 6:64

#2 Jesus said to the same group Ye are clean from being washed except one, the one who was to betray Him Jn 13:10-11

#3 If Jesus shed His Blood for judas, He would have washed him from his sins, but Jesus said not all of them had been washed !

Judas was not washed because Christ's Blood was not shed for him as he was not [as all confirmed unbelievers] one of Christ's Sheep that He died for !

He giveth Repentance to Israel !

Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

See also Acts 11:18

Jesus Christ is not ones Saviour if He did not give that one Repentance and forgiveness of sins !

Who is Israel ? His Elect, those Chosen In Him before the foundation Eph 1:4.

Now when Christ gives Repentance as Saviour, that one Repents as an evidence of Christ having given them Repentance !

A sinner repenting is the outcome of the seeking Saviour, and this is best Illustrated by this parable by the Lord Lk 15:1-7

Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,

4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Now lets notice that after the Seeking Shepherd first went to seek the Lost Sheep Vs 4

What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?

The words go after poreuōactually means to die, to depart from life. This speaks of Christ coming to Seek His Lost Sheep by dying for their sins !

And Vs 5 speaks of Him finding the Sheep that was Lost Vs 5

5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

He then rejoices about finding it, for that notes His Success in Seeking and finding Vs 6

And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.

And this seeking and finding results in the Repentance of the one found Vs 7

I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

This tells us that one is saved out of a Lost condition or state before and in order for their Repentance. The Sheep was no longer Lost but had been found before it repented. The Sheep was actually first turned in order to repent actively as in Jer 31:18-19

18 I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God.

19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.

This also informs us of the Success of the Seeking Saviour Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Now if His coming to seek and to save that which was lost did not produce the same exact results as Lk 15:5-7, then He was a failure ! That is if all them that constitute the Lost of Lk 19:10 did not repent unto Life as God's Repentance gives Acts 11:18

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Then Jesus Christ as the seeking Saviour was not successful in Seeking and Saving or Finding all that should come to Repentance 2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Justified by the Faith of Jesus !

Gal 2:16

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Man is forever thinking he is Justified before by what he does, a requirement he meets, a condition he performs, hence Justified by the works of the Law or a Law ! The Word Law here is not specifically the ceremonial or the Law of Moses, neither does it exclude it, but its a general word, a principle. Its the greek word nomos and in addition to the mosaic law it means:

anything established, anything received by usage, a custom, a law, a command

a) of any law whatsoever

1) a law or rule producing a state approved of God

a) by the observance of which is approved of God

2) a precept or injunction

3) the rule of action prescribed by reason

Any condition or qualification or requirement we must do is a Law or the Law !

Paul writes that man is not Justified by the works out of Law,that principle of doing !

But by the Faith of Jesus Christ ! Now what does that mean ? That word faith means also faithfulness or fidelity.

The faith of Jesus Christ is not as the false teachers would have us believe, those who glory in their own works or rule of action, they say one is Justified before God when and after they exercise faith in Christ, folks that is Justification by our works or out of law and is contrary to scripture truth.

What this phrase means therefore "Justified by the Faith of Jesus Christ" is that we are Justified by the fidelity of the faithfulness of or the subjective faith Jesus Christ,in that He [in our behalf] was faithful to God in His obedience unto death, for all those He died for. He was given a Covenant unto the People Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

So the Faith of Jesus Christ and its other variant like the Faith of the Son of God, stands for Christ's Own Faithfulness, and not that of man.

Thats why Paul Preaches this Rom 5:18-19; in other words Rom 5:18b

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
That by His Righteousness or Faithfulness , the Free Gift came upon all for whom He represented unto Justification of Life, hence they were Justified by the Faithfulness or obedience of Jesus Christ !

Justified by the Faith of Jesus !cont

Thats why Paul Preaches this Rom 5:18-19; in other words Rom 5:18b

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

That by His Righteousness or Faithfulness , the Free Gift came upon all for whom He represented unto Justification of Life, hence they were Justified by the Faithfulness or obedience of Jesus Christ !

Also Romans 5:19b

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience [faithfulness] of one shall many be made righteous or Just.

Man is not made Just or Righteous by his own act of faith or obedience, for that would mean he is made Righteous or Just by his own work. If we continue to rest in this false deception that a man is Justified before God because of or by his own action or deed of believing,then the conclusion of the matter is going to be that he is Justified by his own action or deed of believing ! This act or thinking, whether we admit it or not, becomes a meritorious act of ours to gain Justification !

Rom 5:1 Justified by who's Faith !

Rom 5:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Does Paul teach here that one is Justified by his own faith ? Nope, neither does it say "being Justified by our own faith we have peace with God through Our Lord Jesus Christ, but it reads "Therefore being justified by faith we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Now whose faith Justifies one before God ? Its the faith or faithfulness of Jesus Christ,for its His faithfulness to the Cross ow we have peace with God Cp Col 1:20

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Eph 2:14

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

So it is that Peace with God comes through the Blood of Christ through His Faithfulness, and not our act of faith or act of believing. So Faith in Rom 5:1 is better understood to be Christ's Faith or Faithfulness unto the obedience of shedding His Blood !

Now there is a Peace through Believing which is contributed to the Holy Ghost Rom 15:13

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

But thats Peace and Joy in our consciousness and not Justification before God !

Rom 5:1 Justified by who's Faith ! cont

Now its a fact that Christ's Death alone, that is His Obedience, His Faithfulness secured for all whom He died Peace with God, because of the Testimony and Evidence of His Resurrection from the Dead Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for[because of] our justification.

If God was not a peace with us or those for whom offecences He was delivered unto Death in behalf of, then God would not have raised Him from the Dead. Christ's Resurrection from the Dead is Evidence that all for whom He was Delivered unto Death in behalf of and for their sins 1 Cor 15:3 that they are before Him Justified !

Christ's Resurrection means that God hath been propitiated , His Law and Justice Satisfied , for those Christ died for, declaring them Justified. This is what Isa prophesied Isa 53:11

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Basically Rom 4:25 confirms this declaration, the many are Justified because He bare their Iniquities or offences !

This Justification means Peace with God, secured solely by Christ's Blood.

Not having mine own righteousness !

Phil 3:9

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Paul here is stating that he be not found of God having his own righteousness which is of the Law !

Now many false teachers teach, because of ignorance of God, that God counts a man's own faith as his Righteousness because of their perversion of Rom 4:3,9

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

These perverter's insist without considering no alternatives, that by Abraham's subjective act of faith or believing, that God because of that reckons him Righteous based upon that act ! Now if this is true, Abraham is found having his own righteousness, produced by his own act or deed !

This however is opposed to Phil 3:9 because faith as our act, as done by us, is obedience to the Law of God Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

So the conclusion is very simple and quite reasonable, if one is made righteous or justified by their own faith, then they are made righteous by their doing the Law of God, and that is scriptural !

For by deeds of the Law, none are Justified before God, which Faith is ! Rom 3:20

Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Again, if this is true, and we still believe that one is Justified in God's sight by their faith, or act of believing,then they claim being Justified by the deeds of the Law that should have been done Matt 23:23

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Not having mine own righteousness ! cont

The Righteousness that the True Believer has, and that was revealed to them by the Gospel Rom 1:16-17, that Righteousness is Christ Himself 1 Cor 1:30

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Note: Christ as our Righteousness before God is not something that the Elect know by nature, it must be revealed to them by the Gospel !

And so Our Righteousness which is our Life is in Heaven with Christ Col 3:4

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

Also their Inheritance is there 1 Pet 1:3-4

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

And this Hope they heard in the Gospel Col 1:5

5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

Now a Righteousness of God that belongs to us, and the Eternal Inheritance, all in Heaven belongs to all for whom Christ died for, and it is made known to them via the Gospel, and so they believe the Truth of the Gospel of their Salvation Eph 1:1-14,18; Now this is all of God's Own Sovereign doing, all the Riches of His Grace towards His Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4 !

The World of 2 Cor 5:19 Is Justified !

2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The world of 2 Cor 5:19 is a legally Justified World, because of Non Imputation of their Trespasses against them. This is a gracious fact that the false teachers are willfully ignorant of in their quest to deceive, in that they teach that 2 Cor 5:19 means that Christ died for all mankind, or the whole human race without exception.

However one is Legally Justified before God where He imputes not any Legal Guilt or Charges to condemn,and in that God Justifies because Christ dies, Paul's point here Rom 8:33-34

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

This verse indicates Justification before God based upon Non Imputation !

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

This verse indicates the why of Non Imputation, for the sins and guilt of the guilty ones were charged to Christ for Him to die in their stead !

By His Reconciling Death He Put away their sins, transgressions, iniquity Dan 9:24

24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Christ by His Death put away the sins, iniquity and trespasses not of ethnic jews, but of the World f both jew and gentile elect 2 Cor 5:19.

So Non Imputation of sin automatically means Legal Justification as well as Reconciliation. God is Just in the Justification all for whom Christ died, in not laying charges against them !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back