Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Freewill religion is the Man of Sin !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Dead to the Law by the Body of Christ !

Rom 7:4

Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Paul did not say " Ye became dead to the Law by your faith in Christ, but by the Body of Christ" which simply means His Death.

This means all for whom Christ died, whom He was Crucified in behalf of, become dead to the Law, meaning its condemnation and curse for sin ! Its because they having been in Union with Him when He died for them, it can be said this Gal 2:20

20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. or

Rom 6:6

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Hence the Church, the Body of Christ, every member thereof, was united or in Union with Christ their Head and Surety;and as dying such with Him, they in Him have already [being represented by Him] died the death penalty to the Law of which all their sins deserved; and so every charge against them has been fulfilled and satisfied, and they are absolved from any guilt against them, as though they have never sinned,and stand Justified by His Blood completely,and now God's Justice for them demands that they receive Life; Also being dead to the Law, Justice can never lay charges of sin, condemnation, nor death against them, Because of this being dead to the Law of God by the Body of Christ. Every sinner born into the world, that Christ died for, though born dead in sin and trespasses experientially, each of them are owed a debt of Life for Christ's sake, that is Spiritual Life and Eternal; Not because of anything they did of themselves nor anything good in them, but solely for the Sake of their Head who died for them !

Pre Creation Promise !

Now before the World began, before Adam had existence out of the dust, God who could not lie, promised to His Elect [ Chosen in their Head Christ] Eternal Life or Everlasting Life Titus 1:1-2

Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Also 1 Jn 5:11-12

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Vs 11 here is premised on the Truth of Titus 1:2

The same is indicated 1 Jn 2:25

25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

This refers back to God's Promise in Titus 1:2 ! And it is only these that have been promised and appointed to Eternal Life. Remember Paul said Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

That is having Eternal Life promised to you and you being ordained to it are one and the same, for God did both the Promising and ordaining.

And notice again those words that denote limitation " as many as" Just like here Jn 17:2

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
That means those Gentiles of Acts 13:48 were part of these given Christ here in Jn 17:2, which were all the ones Promised Eternal Life in Titus 1:2 !

In God's Eternal Election of them, their names [persons] were written in the Book of Life, as Members of His Body formed in His Election, and this is allegorically seen in David's Words here Ps 139:16

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

And these be they that shall Never Perish but have Eternal Life which was Promised them Before the World Began Jn 3:16; Jn 10:28

Hi savedbygrace,

Can you show me where in scripture that from the foundation of the world that everyones name was NOT written in the book of life? We see that everyone who believes IS in the book at the end, Can you Show me Where it says that everyone is not in the book of life at the beginning of the foundation of the world?

Came to seek and to save that which was Lost !

Lk 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

The Lord Jesus Christ came to seek that which was Lost ! What is or was the That ? What was that which was Lost that Christ came to seek and to save ? It was the Sheepfold of God, the Sheep of God. All of them went astray in Adam Isa 53:6

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Jer 50:6

6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

In this case, Adam was the unfaithful shepherd !

This scripture does indicate that God's People / Sheep can be in a Lost state,and it is these that Christ must seek and save for the Glory of the Father. Now though other people may be lost, who are not God's Sheep, His Chosen, Christ did not come to seek and to save them.

Now hear ye Him Matt 15:24

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but, or except unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Now notice that word but. What does it mean ? It means except or only. It means limited or restricted to a specific , and certain people out of mankind, He was not sent to save all mankind without exception, but only the Lost Sheep of the House of Israel, which was not limited to ethnic jews See Jn 10:16, but did include gentiles as to the woman He then spake unto.

Jesus was speaking in Matt 15:24 as the Mediator of the New Covenant,and so the House of Israel He means is here Heb 8:6-8,10

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

This is Jesus unfolding the Mystery, that the House of Israel He came to save, is not all ethnic jews, but is an House of Israel composed of Gentiles as well !

Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Hi savedbygrace,

Can you show me where in scripture that from the foundation of the world that everyones name was NOT written in the book of life? We see that everyone who believes IS in the book at the end, Can you Show me Where it says that everyone is not in the book of life at the beginning of the foundation of the world?

Could you please rehearse each of my points made in post 962 with me instead of evading them. I have put a lot of work into it, and it was not for you to ignore and then you ask me to do more research to satisfy your question. Please put effort into refuting my previous points in post 962, and use scripture showing why the points are wrong if you disagree. Thanks !

The Gift of God is Eternal Life !

Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now exactly when was this Eternal Life, the Gift of God given to those whom it was given ? It was given them through Jesus Christ. Again then when was it given ? Now if Eternal Life is an Spiritual Blessing, then it was given them as Spiritual Blessing in the Heavenlies, In Christ Jesus according as He hath Chosen them Him before the foundation of the World Eph 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Eternal Life by Grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the World began 2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Rom 5:21; Titus 3:7; 1 Pet 3:7

Now this is True because our Election in Him, in the Son before the World Began. Now lets look at a verse that Identifies Eternal Life 1 Jn 1:1-3

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us )

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

But pay attention to Vs 2, Jesus Christ the Son is being Identified as that Eternal Life which was with the Father, and that from the beginning. Now it stands to reason, if the Son was that Eternal Life with the Father, and we were Chosen in the Son before the foundation, then we were given Eternal Life in the Son before the world began, and so John goes on to write 1 Jn 5:11-12,20

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Now everyone that was Chosen in the Son before the foundation, are in the Son, and hath the Son, and even more importantly the Son hath them, and He was and is and has been always their Eternal Life, this is God's Testimony !

The Gift of God is Eternal Life ! cont

All those who have been given Eternal Life through Jesus Christ, they all did sustain a spiritual relation to God the Father, remember Jesus said of them all Jn 17:2-6

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

"Thine they were" and thou gavest them to me !

Which takes us to Jude 1:1

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

They were loved, and or sanctified / set apart by God the Father, and preserved [kept watch over] in Jesus Christ, then in their Life time they are called ! 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Even before being called in Time by the Gospel to partake experientially of Eternal Life/ Salvation, they have it properly by the Eternal purpose and promise of God Titus 1:2

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

The Gift of God is Eternal Life !
. . . Jesus Christ the Son is being Identified as that Eternal Life which was with the Father, and that from the beginning. Now it stands to reason, if the Son was that Eternal Life with the Father, and we were Chosen in the Son before the foundation, then we were given Eternal Life in the Son before the world began . . . Now everyone that was Chosen in the Son before the foundation, are in the Son, and hath the Son, and even more importantly the Son hath them, and He was and is and has been always their Eternal Life, this is God's Testimony !

just some thoughts on eternity:
God is Eternal; all time, everything is within God's vision
My finite existence intersects the Eternal in this moment
the now that I am experiencing is a fragment of the eternal Now of God
My hope is that in death, I will enter Eternal Life which is outside of, and encompasses all time

and salvation:
in humility, the acknowledgement of my being unworthy, I can only pray for redemption
at the same time i recognize a responsibility to do God's will
my story is not yet finished and I cannot be like the foolish virgins or the lazy servant
the choices I make within the moment are written in Eternity

and salvation:
in humility, the acknowledgement of my being unworthy, I can only pray for redemption
at the same time i recognize a responsibility to do God's will
my story is not yet finished and I cannot be like the foolish virgins or the lazy servant
the choices I make within the moment are written in Eternity
Amen! And we should not be like the Pharisee either. He not only looked down on the tax collector but even thanked God for his own righteousness!

Why Thank God ?

Whenever an inspired writer prefaces his statement by giving Thanks to God, or to the Father, then that means, the following point made was not because of the creature doing something in and of themselves, or the action did not originate with the creature, for instance Rom 6:17

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

In other words, the obeying from the Heart that form of Doctrine [Gospel] delivered, that obedience originated from God, in that the obedience was caused by God. This is an Covenant Blessing Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Ones Believing on Christ is the Work of God in them Phil 1:29

29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Phil 2:13

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Thats why Paul says " But God be Thanked" that you obeyed that form of Doctrine, which is the Doctrine of Christ Jn 1:9 !

So God is to be Thanked for any Gospel Obedience we may perform from the Heart !

Why Thank God ? 2

Thank God to be made meet to be partakers of the Inheritance of the Saints in Light. Col 1:12

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Again, remember what was said earlier about an statement prefaced by saying Giving Thanks to God ! This takes creature doing out of the picture and all credit goes to God for what is about to be stated:

which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

The phrase made us meet is the greek word hikanoó: to make sufficient
or I make sufficient, render fit, qualify.

to equip one with adequate power to perform duties of one

It means to make able as here 2 Cor 3:6

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Now if we know anything of Paul's Conversion and being put in the Ministry, it was all by the Power of God. Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

And so its by the effectual working of His Power that He "which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light"

Now what Inheritance is Paul speaking of here ? Lets look at 1 Pet 1:3-4

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

The Inheritance Paul speaks of and Peter is not earthly, but Heavenly, and it corresponds to the Inheritance that Abraham, the Father of the Faithful looked for Heb 11:8,16

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

And this was an Heavenly Inheritance Vs 16

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Note: This Inheritance Abraham himself would receive Vs 8, which could not have been Earthly Inheritance of the Land, for He would not receive that personally, but his physical seed would. And that it was not the Physical Inheritance that his seed did obtain [in type] .

Just as Abraham and the Heirs of His Time confessed to be Pilgrims and Strangers on the Earth Heb 11:13

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

So also were those who had been begotten again unto an Inheritance reserved in Heaven in Peter 1 Pet 1:4; 2:11

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

1 Pet 2:11

11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

So Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were Saints in Light, and they also had been made meet, and this being made meet is not of our own doing, but solely a work of God, and He is to be Thanked for it !

Believing in God is a Work !

Believing in God is a Work , a doing well. We know this to be True by scripture Truth here James 2:19

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

The doing well here is the mental assent to monotheism, a believing in or that there is one God. This is called a well doing, or doing well, its an acting uprightly, which all is a work.

Let me explain, the greek word for work is ergon and is defined thusly:

business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

The word is used here Rom 2:6-7

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Yes, and Believing in God is a well doing ! Well doing, or doing well is another way of saying good works. Well doing is also equivalent to keeping or obeying the Law, James 2:8

8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

Believing, Keeping the Law as to Loving thy neighbour as thyself, these are well doings or doing well and therefore good works. So now if we base our Salvation on Believing in Jesus Christ, something we do or did, and because of this of that which we did or will do, God saved us based on what we did, or believed, then congratulations, you base your salvation on your works, on your law keeping, on your well doing, and such thinking is a flat out denial of Salvation by Grace through Faith, and not of works ! Eph 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

How many worlds is it in scripture ?

There are primarily Two Worlds presented in scripture, a World that God so Loved and of which Christ died for The World of His Church Eph 5:25,nd there there is a world that God hates and is outside the Love of God which is in Christ Jesus Rom 8:37.

The one world which God loves is reconciled to Him by Christ's Death, and it shall be saved by His Life, which world is described here Jn 3:17

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Now this world is not condemned, but needed to be saved ! This is the World God Loved Vs 16 !

But then there is a World God hates, does not Love in Christ Jesus, and it shall be condemned 1 Cor 11:32

32 But when we [Those God Loves] are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Those God Loves, He chastens scripture says as here Heb 12:6-8

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

But this condemned world 1 Cor 11:32 lies in the lap of the wicked one unredeemed 1 Jn 5:19

19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

Thats not the World God so Loved Jn 3:16-17 !

The world God Loved is an reconciled World 2 Cor 5:19, a world that God is propitiated for 1 Jn 2:2, and then there is a world that Christ does not intercede for Jn 17:9

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

That World is not the World of Jn 3:16-17 and He refuses to pray for !

Now false teachers will not rightly divide the Truth about these two separate worlds because it would expose their errors and willful lies.

The fact of the matter is this, according to the definition of the word world kosmos, a world is defined as following :

1) an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government

2) ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars, 'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:3

3) the world, the universe

4) the circle of the earth, the earth

5) the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family

6) the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ

7) world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly

a) the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ

8) any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

a) the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc)

This would mean that all God's Sheep is a World Jn 10, all the members of Christ's Body the Church is a World, which clearly scripture states that Christ Loved and died for ! Thats the World God Loved ! Not the One Christ refused to Pray for Jn 17:9 490

How is one made a Believer in Christ ?

Remember what Paul wrote here 1 Cor 15:10

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

That includes being a believer in Christ. There is a scripture that says we believe by Grace Acts 18:27

27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

That word through a prep in greek dia:

) through

a) of place

1) with

2) in

b) of time

1) throughout

2) during

c) of means

1) by

2) by the means of

2) through

a) the ground or reason by which something is or is not done

1) by reason of

2) on account of

3) because of for this reason

4) therefore

5) on this account

Now lets consider Eph 3:7 where the Apostle Paul contributes his becoming a minister, a servant, not by his own freewill. Eph 3:7

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

He was made a minister by Grace by it [Grace] being the effectual working of His Power !

Now understand something, to be made a minister, a servant of Christ, You have to be made a believer, a follower. That word minister is also translated servant here Jn 12:26

26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

In a sense, a believer, servant, or minister are all the same thing. Remember Jesus said Jn 14:12

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Thats His Servants Like Paul, made so by the Grace of God. Paul attributes his whole of becoming a believer and minister of Christ to the Grace of God, both in 1 Cor 15:10 and now in Eph 3:7. Paul was speaking from experience regarding Acts 18:27 believing through Grace .

And Paul's believing was given as a pattern for those who shall believe thereafter 1 Tim 1:16

Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

That pattern being that believing is by the gift of God's Grace which is by means of the effectual working of spiritual power through Jesus Christ, for Grace reigns through Jesus Christ Rom 5:21

21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Also that becoming a believer is by the effectual working of God's power and Grace as indicated in Eph 3:7, that same word or working there is the same word used here in Eph 1:19

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Thats the match, these believers believed according to the WORKING of His Mighty Power !

Thats how one is made a believer in Jesus Christ !

That whosoever believeth !

John 3:16

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now who are the whosoever believeth of this verse ? False teachers present this scripture as if those believing made a choice of their own freewill and by believing, they met a condition that qualified them for Everlasting Life. That is so far from the Truth that its pathetic. In the original it reads " that whosoever is believing or the one believing in Him" should not perish but have everlasting life.

In fact, Christ died for the purpose of bringing about those who are believing, that was a set goal of His Death Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me which means they become believers and followers of Him if He be Lifted up for them ! If He draws them unto Him, that means they come unto Him as in Matt 11:28

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Those believing therefore are all those who had been ordained to Eternal or Everlasting Life no more or less Acts 13:48

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.

Jn 17:2

The " as many as " in both instances above are those the Father gave the Son in the Everlasting Covenant, and in Him, they had been promised Eternal Life before the world began Titus 1:2

In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

And its those that are believing in Jn 3:16, the Heirs of Promise !

They are Gifts of Promise !

Salvation, Eternal Life are Gifts of Promise and not conditioned upon man's faith or believing, for in that case a conditional promise becomes law, for then it is only he that does that which is required who gets Eternal Life, and then that voids out Faith and Promise ! You see God gave the Inheritance [Eternal] to Abraham and His Seed by Promise Gal 3:16-18

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

18 For if the inheritance be of the law [any law whatsoever], it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

The word inheritance is the greek word kleronomia:

an inheritance, an heritage, regularly the gift of God to His chosen people, in the Old Testament: the Promised Land, in NT a possession viewed in one sense as present, in another as future; a share, participation.

Now in Vs 18 what is the Inheritance ? Heb 11:8

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

The same here Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Possession means:

possession by inheritance

Its also the Inheritance here of 1 Pet 1:4

Yes, the Everlasting Canaan was a Heavenly Inheritance for Abraham and His Seed, if we recall, that Inheritance that Abraham searched for from Heb 11:8, it was Heavenly Heb 11:10,16

10 For he[Abraham] looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

It was that Inheritance of Heaven of 1 Pet 1:4,that is the Inheritance Homeland made to Abraham and His Seed Gal 3:18

18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

Now this was given BY PROMISE and GRACE so that it would be sure to all the Seed, Gen 17:8

8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Here it is in Rom 4:13-16

13 For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world[Inheritance], was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith.

14 For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect:

15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.

16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all[The Seed of Faith],

And so the [Inheritance] depends on faith because that way it is sure to all the Seed.

So faith cannot be the condition the seed performs in order to partake of the Eternal Inheritance of Promise[as falsely taught] but faith is given as part of the promised Inheritance that has been promised to all the Seed, so Peter writes in 2 Pet 1:1

Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

That word obtained means:

To receive by lot,to receive by Divine Allotment.

The Idea is as that of God giving the Inheritance by Lot to the Children of Israel Joshua 14:1-5

And these are the countries which the children of Israel inherited in the land of Canaan, which Eleazar the priest, and Joshua the son of Nun, and the heads of the fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel, distributed for inheritance to them.

2 By lot was their inheritance, as the Lord commanded by the hand of Moses, for the nine tribes, and for the half tribe.

3 For Moses had given the inheritance of two tribes and an half tribe on the other side Jordan: but unto the Levites he gave none inheritance among them.

4 For the children of Joseph were two tribes, Manasseh and Ephraim: therefore they gave no part unto the Levites in the land, save cities to dwell in, with their suburbs for their cattle and for their substance.

5 As the Lord commanded Moses, so the children of Israel did, and they divided the land.

So that how some receive Faith, by lot of their Inheritance !

So Faith is part of the Inheritance not a condition man performs to get the promised Inheritance, if that were the case, how could the Promised Inheritance be made sure to all the Seed as stated in Rom 4:16 ?

And in case you have not figured it out, all the Seed Gen 17:8; Rom 4:16 does include both jews and gentiles out of all Nations Cp Rom 4:17 with Gen 17:5 !

So those of you who make faith a condition for Eternal Life, the Promised Inheritance, you are guilty of perverting the Gospel of Grace, for the Inheritance is of Grace and Promise Rom 4:16 and Gal 3:16-18 !

Not having mine own righteousness !

Phil 3:9

9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law or my doing, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

This is a concept that mere religionists will never comprehend, that is, that the Righteousness that is approved before God is not man's own righteousness, but its a Righteousness that must be imputed to them and afterwards revealed to them to God given Faith, then and only then can they embrace it. Now understand that the God given Faith is NOT that Righteousness which it reveals, but it receives it or embraces it after it is made known or revealed to Faith Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That word revealed is important. Its the greek word apokalyptō:

1) to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up

a) disclose, make bare

2) to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

To the man or woman that Christ died for and His Righteousness has been charged to their account, this is something they do not know by nature, and its at a point of time by the Good sent Gospel to them disclosed to them of their Righteousness with God on account of Christ's Work of Obedience on their behalf Rom 5:19b, and thats when we become Justified by Faith, when that Righteousness is made known to us via the Gospel !

You see, if a person is reckoned Righteous by God because of their own faith or act of believing, then they are found again having their own righteousness. Many false teachers and believers actually believe and teach that their act of faith/ believing is their righteousness because they wrest to their own destruction scriptures such as Rom 4:3,9

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it[his believing] was counted unto him for righteousness.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

If a man is Righteous before God, its not because of his own doing, but its because the doing of another, the One Man Jesus Christ Rom 5:19b, and that being made Righteous by His obedience is revealed to them that He died for, its revealed as theirs, as an imputed Gift of God, they had nothing to do with it, it had to be made known to them !

Your Heavenly Father !

Matt 6:26

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Is God the Heavenly Father of all mankind without exception ? Its read often that God Loves all His Children, which is True, but the cold hearted truth and facts are, not all are God's Children, and He is not their Father, or else why did Jesus speak these words to some ethnic jews Jn 8:42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

The criteria for having God as our Heavenly Father is if whether or not we have Love for Jesus Christ, even if we do not see Him as those did He was speaking to, for Peter writes 1 Pet 1:7-8

7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

And lets not neglect here what Paul writes about them who do not Love Christ 1 Cor 16:22

22 If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

If any man does not believe in Christ,he does not Love Him, we cannot believe in Him without Loving Him 1 Pet 1:8

8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

And unless you and I Love Him, there is no evidence that God is our Father, because again Jesus said this to men, albeit jews, it applies to all men Jn 8:42

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Do not condemn all of philosophy of man, for we are made in God's image and likeness. We are able to comprehend what is good and what is evil- we are the great celebrants of all His creation. Sin lies in the mask that mankind has put onto itself- a mask of self righteousness and vanity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back