Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Front Moving In

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

8779842714_501e197907_z.jpg

LoL yeah, and I like the contrast between the epic out-of-the-world-sky, and the mundane everyday life all American neighbourhood earth (streets, cars, carefully mowed lawn, people on bikes). So it's like: The earth declares the dullness of human life, but the heavens declare the glory of God.
It's a deeply metaphorical photograph.

LoL yeah, and I like the contrast between the epic out-of-the-world-sky, and the mundane everyday life all American neighbourhood earth (streets, cars, carefully mowed lawn, people on bikes). So it's like: The earth declares the dullness of human life, but the heavens declare the glory of God.

Claudya:

Thoughtful description! I think therefore you would just love the paintings of Edward Hopper, in whose work many of the themes you well describe are present.

This is what I felt when I saw the finished image. But not so eloquently as you have expressed it. It would lose much of its strength without the mommy van and the bicyclists.

Nice, once again, Barb! :)

Reminds me of a photo I recently took looking out to sea, and a very low pressure system was moving in from the ocean. Doesn't look anywhere near as good as yours though.

View attachment 3247

Does a bit of tonemapping help?
8836194082_529993d26d_n.jpg

Pretty crude, because of the low-res image, but the composition is good, and a more dramatic sky helps. I like the bit of foreground in the lower left; it helps anchor the image.

Does a bit of tonemapping help?
8836194082_529993d26d_n.jpg

Pretty crude, because of the low-res image, but the composition is good, and a more dramatic sky helps. I like the bit of foreground in the lower left; it helps anchor the image.

Thanks. I do have a higher res image if you would like.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk 2

If you send it to me, I'd be pleased to tonemap several versions and send them back to see if they work for you. Or, for a simpler system, you could download AutoHDR, and try it yourself.
http://www.autohdr.co.uk/

It's free, but if you like what it does, Martin does accept donations. I use a slightly more complicated software myself, but often AutoHDR does everything one needs.

Either way, let me know.

[MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]:

Wow, is that airplane at an air show, or someplace? good photo.

Blessings.

[MENTION=30546]Barbarian[/MENTION] I've attached a 4200x3200 image. (if you wouldn't mind!)

EDIT: Sorry, the site scaled my image down. I'll email it shortly.

[MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION] You're partly right. Yes, it is the Tasman sea, but it's not off the New South Wales coast. NSW is on the Pacific Ocean. I took this in the island of Tasmania, which is in the Tasman Sea.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=30546]Barbarian[/MENTION] I've attached a 4200x3200 image. (if you wouldn't mind!)

EDIT: Sorry, the site scaled my image down. I'll email it shortly.

[MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION] You're partly right. Yes, it is the Tasman sea, but it's not off the New South Wales coast. NSW is on the Pacific Ocean. I took this in the island of Tasmania, which is in the Tasman Sea.

Nick:

Oh okay, ty :).

You guys talk about Trans-Tasman, when referring to Aus-NZ trips, I think.

Blessings.

Back