Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Front Moving In

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Nice work on the tonemappings. There's a lot of choices in his program, including an advanced mode to fine tune the effect. If you don't like the "HDR look" the "Natural" mode improves the tonal range without being too obvious about it.

Nice little program easy to use, but with a lot of flexibility if you want to do more.

Okay, so I had to try that program you recommended to Nick. And holy crap--!
Here's what it did to some of my pictures

The flower is gorgeous. And the rustic sign stands out much better, I think. It really shines when you have extremes, like an indoor shot with windows, showing the exterior. Oh, and yes, it does some cool things on animal fur.

Not recommended for portaits, unless you have a rugged male as a subject; it tends to play up wrinkles and imperfections.

[MENTION=30546]Barbarian[/MENTION] I've attached a 4200x3200 image. (if you wouldn't mind!)

EDIT: Sorry, the site scaled my image down. I'll email it shortly.

[MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION] You're partly right. Yes, it is the Tasman sea, but it's not off the New South Wales coast. NSW is on the Pacific Ocean. I took this in the island of Tasmania, which is in the Tasman Sea.

Nick:

Oh okay, ty :).

You guys talk about Trans-Tasman, when referring to Aus-NZ trips, I think.

Blessings.
Yes :yes

[MENTION=30546]Barbarian[/MENTION] I've attached a 4200x3200 image. (if you wouldn't mind!)

EDIT: Sorry, the site scaled my image down. I'll email it shortly.

[MENTION=41474]farouk[/MENTION] You're partly right. Yes, it is the Tasman sea, but it's not off the New South Wales coast. NSW is on the Pacific Ocean. I took this in the island of Tasmania, which is in the Tasman Sea.

Nick:

Oh okay, ty :).

You guys talk about Trans-Tasman, when referring to Aus-NZ trips, I think.

Blessings.
Yes :yes

Nick, do you want me to give you my email to send the hi-res version?

And to those who are using the AutoHDR program (or any other tonemapping software), there is sometimes an increase in noise (stray pixels). A denoising by photoshop or a stand-alone like NeatImage (free trial version available) is often useful.

Nick, do you want me to give you my email to send the hi-res version?

And to those who are using the AutoHDR program (or any other tonemapping software), there is sometimes an increase in noise (stray pixels). A denoising by photoshop or a stand-alone like NeatImage (free trial version available) is often useful.
I sent it to your email last week, lol.

Back