Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Gender of the Holy Spirit : female personality

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes.

Jesus said Wisdom is known by her children.

That which the male begets, is born of the female.

That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. John 3:6

JLB

Yes, but Mary conceived from the Holy Spirit. Matt 1:20, Luke 1:35
When Jesus said "wisdom is proved right by all her children". Mary literally had a God baby. So let's see why she had the honors:

Luke 1:28 The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."
Luke 1:38 "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angle left her.
Luke 1:45 Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!
Luke 1:46-54 And Mary said:
"My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been merciful of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generation will call me blessed,
for the Mighty One has done great things for me -
holy is his name.
His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
He has performed might deeds with his arm;
he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
He has brought down rulers from their thrones
but has lifted up the humble.
He has filled the hungry with good things
but has sent the rich away empty.
He has helped his servant Israel,
remembering to be merciful
to Abraham and his descendants forever,
even as he said to our fathers."

One of my favorites:

Wisdom is the principal thing;
Therefore get wisdom.
And in all your getting, get understanding.
Exalt her, and she will promote you;
She will bring you honor, when you embrace her.
Proverbs 4:7-8

We know that wisdom, knowledge and understanding, are presented as female in the bible.

We also know that wisdom, knowledge and understanding are Spirit's of the Lord.

The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him,
The Spirit of wisdom and understanding,
The Spirit of counsel and might,
The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.
Isaiah 11:2

...all the things one may desire cannot be compared with her.

JLB

I don't know if we are agreeing or not here? Wisdom may be a female trait (Ha, I know it is!) It has to be Holy wisdom from the Holy Spirit. I don't think I can describe that any better, because words fall flat.

I had made a thread about this very thing. About Wisdom in Proverbs and how she is like a bride of Christ archetype. So, kinda like we want to be wisdom so that we can be become One with God.

Mark 10:8 and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one.
Ephesians 5:31-32 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery - but I am talking about Christ and the church.

So, all good comes from God and Wisdom is describes in the female sense. I just feel a Holy female is our archetype.

Last edited:
I had made a thread about this very thing. About Wisdom in Proverbs and how she is like a bride of Christ archetype. So, kinda like we want to be wisdom so that we can be become One with God.

Myself I see the Proverbs 31 woman as being a picture of the Holy Spirit, with the Bride of Christ as being the one to emulate her, as the daughter of Zion.

The Bride of Christ being the New Jerusalem, as it were.

Just my two cents.

JLB

Ephesians 5:31-32 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery - but I am talking about Christ and the church.

Who is the father and mother that Christ leaves to be joined to His wife?

JLB

JLB

Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Matthew 13:50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is by brother and sister and mother."

Jesus did know Mary as his mother.
John 19:26-27 When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son," and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into this home.

I thought I proved I did, by posting what Simon Peter proclaimed.

Ok, from that mindset of before the foundation of the world...

JLB

JLB

I think more of the focus on Ephesians 5:31-32 was the two become one

the profound mystery about Christ and the church

Ephesians 5:25-26

JLB

Your NT tells you that there are no marriage(s) in heaven, and all angels are males.
And the first female ever created came from Adam's (a male's) side (rib).
Jesus came from Heaven and His Father is in Heaven, and He has now returned to Heaven, so why would you think he had an earthly wife?
Why would you think He had a woman on earth to be His wife when the redeemed have become and are his "bride"?

Your NT tells you that there are no marriage(s) in heaven, and all angels are males.
And the first female ever created came from Adam's (a male's) side (rib).
Jesus came from Heaven and His Father is in Heaven, and He has now returned to Heaven, so why would you think he had an earthly wife?
Why would you think He had a woman on earth to be His wife when the redeemed have become and are his "bride"?

Who said He had a woman on earth to be His wife?

31 “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh.”32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:31-32

The marriage supper of the Lamb will be after His coming, from heaven to earth, when the bride has made herself ready.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8 And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.

9 Then he said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’” And he said to me, “These are the true sayings of God.” 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
Revelation 19:7-16

JLB

Back