Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] gifford

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
the church east side, this church sat at another location rotting and was restored and placed at the location its at. the graves were visible for years as a kid I was always wanting to get this close to see how old they were. at 12 , I wouldn't have been disappointed. up to the early 2000's they were buried in the woods. I will post the info on that.

the other two are in this is image. I will post them as well. the Harrison isn't much. the other one which I posted is being supported by the slab behind it which has no name. its likely a headstone.

the marker which would be the dedication stone is on the current church which is walking distance from this . I can get the image of that next time in Gifford. it has the dedication date of 1929, if I remember right. that likely means this church was a white church with black church then later became a primary black one. I know a member of my church who is from here and one who attends this church and will know the story.

I no longer remember which little community it was, but the last time I was in Scotland, the little community was dedicated to reclaiming many of the old tombstones. Some of those stones were 300 years old. Old church records were able to identify many of those tombstones. Written record of what had been on those stones made the reclaiming much easier. I now wish I had taken pictures of the on-going work. It was fascinating.

I wonder if I can find any records on them. I may shoot the historical society an email with pics. surely they know about it. just there is a lot to record here.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back