Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Glen Beck - A Mormon Espousing Christian Theology???

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Glenn Beck is toxic, superficial, and annoying. I can't stand him. He's such a loud mouth. I wouldn't even want Christianity popularized through the mainstream media, just because of how toxic it is. I don't like it being politicized either. I'm liberal on some things and conservative on others. The whole culture war is a total sham in my view, just a way of wedging us apart from each other, and Beck isn't helping at all.

Glenn Beck is toxic, superficial, and annoying. I can't stand him. He's such a loud mouth. I wouldn't even want Christianity popularized through the mainstream media, just because of how toxic it is. I don't like it being politicized either. I'm liberal on some things and conservative on others. The whole culture war is a total sham in my view, just a way of wedging us apart from each other, and Beck isn't helping at all.

I have to agree with you.
I used to listen to Glen Beck a lot, & some times he made good points.
But I find him to be extreme & often missing aspects because of his tunnel vision.

He traded cussing for Mormon preaching.
I don't listen to him as much, not that I loved cussing. :)

I can't help but wonder if he is somehow rewarded or given incentives by the Mormon church, considering that a Mormon is running for President.
We can't know because the Mormon church keeps finances secret, even from its members.

Craig, I don't disagree with your assessment of their citizenship. They are very decent people and have terrific moral character. That's not the issue. I'm curious. Did you watch the video? I don't blame you if you didn't, because it is long. But if you watch it and hear what Beck is stating of his faith, you'll see, this isn't Mormon theology he's espousing. It's Christian theology... mainstream Christian doctrine. It's definitely not consistent with Mormonism.

Having been a Mormon for several years a few years ago, from my exposure to Mormons and Mormon doctrine, Glenn is not deviating one iota from Mormon doctrine. Neither is Mitt Romney. They are not sacrifcing their beliefs at all to be politically correct, conservative correct, or Christian correct.

For those who may question my current faith and practice, over the last 4 years I have been on a church hunt, having attended several Baptist, independent, Lutheran (Wisconsin synod), Episcopal (too liberal for me), Presbyterian (PCUSA - too liberal ofr me) (Orthodox - not preaching relevance to today), and Catholic. I am having difficulty finding a church because most are either too liberal, too rock bandish, or don't connect the Bible with what is going on in the world today. I am now particpating in a small men's Bible study currently on the 3rd Chapter of Daniel and attending church with my wife who is Catholic. Almost every verse of Daniel oozes relevance to today.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back