Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God at the first did visit the Gentiles

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Abram/Abraham was not technically a Jew, but was a Hebrew.

Gen 14:13 - And there came one that had escaped, and told Abram the Hebrew; for he dwelt in the plain of Mamre the Amorite, brother of Eshcol, and brother of Aner: and these were confederate with Abram.

To be a Jew he would have had to claim descent from his great grandson Judah, which is not possible. However he could theoretically be considered a Christian, because:

Jhn 8:58 - Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

It is an interesting study. When in Matthew Jesus tells his disciples not to go into the territory of the HaGoyim, territory of the Gentiles or Goy, nor into that of the Samaritans.
And in Matthew 15, verse 24, he tells his disciples he was sent only to the Seh Oveid Beis Yisroel. (Lost sheep of the house of Israel)

And that Gentile means nation, means quite a bit in Hebrew faith. Especially in context to Jesus statements above.
Can you take me through the Greek text of
Matthew 15:24 ( I gather you are in Hebrew- but I do not know for sure).

Is the same thought there? Word for word? Thought for thought? Is the Hebrew in the Greek text?

As a gentile I know just enough to be dangerous to myself.

eddif

I've arrived late to this discussion so forgive me if this has been discussed already in these many pages preceding.

Jethro was Moses' father-in-law (Exodus 18:1) and a priest of Midian.

How would a priest of Midian command this?
...Jethro, the priest of Midian, Moses father in law...
Ex 18:1
And Moses father in law said unto him, The thing thou doest is not good.
Thou wilt surley wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee; thou art not able to performelf it thyself alone.
Hearken now unto my voice, I will give thee counsel, and God shall be with thee: be thou for the people to Godward, that thou mayest bring the causes unto God.
And thou shalt teach them ordinances and laws, and shalt shew them the way they must walk, and the work that they must do.
Ex 18:17-20
... So Moses hearkened unto the voice of his father in law, and did all that he said.
Exodus 18:24

...Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
The Letter To The Hebrews 5:6
For sure it is two differing priesthoods. The normal Gentile has an inflated view of himself and wants to receive rather than give like God does. The fact that Abraham in giving shows, that he is thanking God for his supply. Jesus took 3 fish and multiplied it. The ox helps and deserves some pay .

The leaven (inflated view of self) can bother Jew and Gentile alike. The not muzzling shows we depend on God and not self. What we have turned over to God for multiplication, shows we do not depend on our total work to pay for everything.

There is a good chance leaven is the muzzle of the ox .LOL

eddif

The ox was especially designed, by God, to remove the seed coat from corn (cloven hoof). Allowing the ox to eat is actually thanking God.

It is really strange to stand outside myself and hear a gentile in the Law.

eddif

But he who's descent is not counted from them recieved tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
And without all contridiction the less is blessed of the better.
The Letter To The Hebrews 7:6-7

Si
But he who's descent is not counted from them recieved tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
And without all contridiction the less is blessed of the better.
The Letter To The Hebrews 7:6-7
Since the middle wall is broken down, can you take me through Jew and Gentile blessing each other? Details would be great.

Right now I am blessed by what Jews have done. Any insight I have; comes from Jewish authors.

eddif

Back