Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Eternal Law and The Law of Moses

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Normal love was polygamy then.it's regulated but not banned.only the king couldn't do it
Jasonc, I know of no place in Scripture where God condoned polygamy. God's institution of marriage is described in (Matt. 14:4-6). Only the LDS condone it, and those who see nothing wrong with it....not God. Just like divorce, He did not condone it either, but because of the hardness of men's heart....man allowed it (Matt. 19:7-9). Think about this....all the mother-in-laws you would have. You can find some churches that claim God allowed it and regulated it, but they are regulators of their own lust!

Jasonc, I know of no place in Scripture where God condoned polygamy. God's institution of marriage is described in (Matt. 14:4-6). Only the LDS condone it, and those who see nothing wrong with it....not God. Just like divorce, He did not condone it either, but because of the hardness of men's heart....man allowed it (Matt. 19:7-9). Think about this....all the mother-in-laws you would have. You can find some churches that claim God allowed it and regulated it, but they are regulators of their own lust!
Uhm so he didn't judge issac,two wives,and also jacob, three ,and Also the father of Samuel. Noticed I said it's toletter but not a sin ,if it was sin ,God would have judged ,he only said to mises the king shall not have more then one wife.
I dont belief in calling something a sin,it's not listed as such abd in this case tolerated but not ideal.

The shabbat wasn't changed nor is there a command listed in the bible to attend church on Sunday.
You have to remember jasonc, keeping the law through the works of the flesh brings judgment. For those who live by the law will die by the law. Trying to seek God's favor by law keeping, also brings death by breaking the law (that is the Old Covenant). If you keep 9 laws but break one law, the penalty is the same as if you broke all the laws. (James 2:9-11). But the New Covenant is having the Spirit of Christ where a man who loves God may seek everyday as the same in worshiping God....or takes a Special day to worship the lord. It is the Law of Love. But it can not be obeyed by the flesh, but only by the Spirit. (Rom. 14:4-6) (Col. 2:15-17)

You have to remember jasonc, keeping the law through the works of the flesh brings judgment. For those who live by the law will die by the law. Trying to seek God's favor by law keeping, also brings death by breaking the law (that is the Old Covenant). If you keep 9 laws but break one law, the penalty is the same as if you broke all the laws. (James 2:9-11). But the New Covenant is having the Spirit of Christ where a man who loves God may seek everyday as the same in worshiping God....or takes a Special day to worship the lord. It is the Law of Love. But it can not be obeyed by the flesh, but only by the Spirit. (Rom. 14:4-6) (Col. 2:15-17)
How does one know what holiness is? In the days of Rome it waa very different ,we today wHine about open acts of gay kissing,which waa normal and accepted then, and also other forms of hedonistic things .some one raises in that type of love will not know how to love,yall assume that by a simple prayet he or she is pure holy and overnight knows what Godly love is.its not true.I know this.the idea of the commands in the tanach and brit chadosha was to teach you.

God,what is love? Go and read the song of solomon,the accounts of the poor marriage of the patrairchs,aND others to learn,read of the promise of the messiah abd the cross .

I wasn't lead to read john,nope I was to know my origins.in the begginning,God then after the tanach read the Gospel.I am a saved Jew.

God does not tolerate sin....He forgives sin!
Is polygamy a sin anywhere in the bible ,pr owning slaves.I'm not suggesting that those are great nor implying one should own a slave or have more then one wife.but point me to where Jesus condemns polygamy, Paul, and or the prophets,the torah.

If polygamy was a Sin then why did God tell David of you wanted another wife I would have given you one?

Sure neither slavery nor polygamy are ideal.but if you want to imply jacob who had 12 sons by two wives aND a hand maiden please show me where repented.

In order to have repented he would have to divorce .same with the others.

God never approved of polygamy as His grand design was creating Adam and then Eve to be his helpmate. Polygamy started with the lineage of Cain as mans hearts harden towards God. In the OT the only command against polygamy was for kings who were to only have one wife, Deuteronomy 17:17. Many like Abraham, Jacob, David, and Solomon all had more than one wife and God never condemned them, but also never approved either, but by their choice it wasn't always a good thing as it caused a lot of conflict between the man and his wives and that of the order of children born to him as even wars broke out because of the order of children. Moses gave instruction in the law about the order of heirs from these multiple marriages, Deuteronomy 21:15-

17. In the NT there are scriptures that speak against polygamy like 1Timothy 3:2, 12; Titus 1:6. Paul speaks of only one wife in 1 Corinthians 7:1-16. Ephesians 5:25-33 a husband and wife are compared to that of Christ and His Church.

Genesis 2: 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

God never approved of polygamy as His grand design was creating Adam and then Eve to be his helpmate. Polygamy started with the lineage of Cain as mans hearts harden towards God. In the OT the only command against polygamy was for kings who were to only have one wife, Deuteronomy 17:17. Many like Abraham, Jacob, David, and Solomon all had more than one wife and God never condemned them, but also never approved either, but by their choice it wasn't always a good thing as it caused a lot of conflict between the man and his wives and that of the order of children born to him as even wars broke out because of the order of children. Moses gave instruction in the law about the order of heirs from these multiple marriages, Deuteronomy 21:15-

17. In the NT there are scriptures that speak against polygamy like 1Timothy 3:2, 12; Titus 1:6. Paul speaks of only one wife in 1 Corinthians 7:1-16. Ephesians 5:25-33 a husband and wife are compared to that of Christ and His Church.

Genesis 2: 24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Yet it's not a sin ,you do know a pastor can be only a man if one wife. I'm some countries where it's legal missionaries don't tell them to divorce and marry another. If they divorce the woman has no support.

Yet it's not a sin ,you do know a pastor can be only a man if one wife. I'm some countries where it's legal missionaries don't tell them to divorce and marry another. If they divorce the woman has no support.

Like I said, God never condoned it, but yet also never approved of it, but many paid the consequences of it. Is it legal by Gods law or mans law? Any time man divorces his wife who has no means of income does leave them without support so what does that have to do with the law?

Like I said, God never condoned it, but yet also never approved of it, but many paid the consequences of it. Is it legal by Gods law or mans law? Any time man divorces his wife who has no means of income does leave them without support so what does that have to do with the law?
Modern day polygamy exists.stop thinking every nation has had the bible preached. It's not just islam that does that but also other faiths.

My point was that since it's not a specific sin,as paul didn't tell that Philemon was to free his slave because it was a sin ,bit rather did it by saying treat him.as a brother. That's what churches are doing.

Modern day polygamy exists.stop thinking every nation has had the bible preached. It's not just islam that does that but also other faiths.

My point was that since it's not a specific sin,as paul didn't tell that Philemon was to free his slave because it was a sin ,bit rather did it by saying treat him.as a brother. That's what churches are doing.

I never said every nation has heard the Gospel preached, plus I never said one way or the other that it is a sin. What I was saying is what scripture says about it. What I meant about the consequences of it is within the birthrights as some have led to major wars like today's radical Muslims that stemmed from the feud over Ishmael's birthright.

I never said every nation has heard the Gospel preached, plus I never said one way or the other that it is a sin. What I was saying is what scripture says about it. What I meant about the consequences of it is within the birthrights as some have led to major wars like today's radical Muslims that stemmed from the feud over Ishmael's birthright.
Hagar was an egyptain btw and her son Ishmael amongst the arabs is small.but we digress

How does one know what holiness is? In the days of Rome it waa very different ,we today wHine about open acts of gay kissing,which waa normal and accepted then,
By some men, yes. But it was never excepted by God, but rather an abomination and condemned (Rom. 1:1-32) Gen. 19:1-29) Neither was incest, but yet it still happened.

By some men, yes. But it was never excepted by God, but rather an abomination and condemned (Rom. 1:1-32) Gen. 19:1-29) Neither was incest, but yet it still happened.
Yet jacob not any patriarch but yes incest was explicit banned in exodus . The Hebrew nation. Is born of incest!sarai was Abraham's sister.

Please let's not assume that God didn't tolerate something then just after a while say it wasn't ok.he tolerated incest ,slavery for reasons he knows but banned incest later on.slavery a problem he didn't want but tolerated and regulated .

My point was that in Egypt it waa normal to have polygamy aND also the Hebrews weren't doing it.jacob married two sisters !Rachel a ND leah! He wanted racheal.that said rules were set to teach aND to seperate isreal from the others.

We can't interject our view into that.

Yet jacob not any patriarch but yes incest was explicit banned in exodus . The Hebrew nation. Is born of incest!sarai was Abraham's sister.
If I was an under shepherd of a congregation, I would treat a polygamist the same as Paul discusses the fornicaterin 1 Cor. 5:1-13. That is how the Spirit of faith has dealt with my spirit in Holy matters. I know what Holy is, and there is no definition for it in my experience. This is how I walk by faith on this subject. But both of us will have to give an account of our selves to the Lord. I'm not your judge or judging you. I'm just telling you how I feel about polygamy.

If I was an under shepherd of a congregation, I would treat a polygamist the same as Paul discusses the fornicaterin 1 Cor. 5:1-13. That is how the Spirit of faith has dealt with my spirit in Holy matters. I know what Holy is, and there is no definition for it in my experience. This is how I walk by faith on this subject. But both of us will have to give an account of our selves to the Lord. I'm not your judge or judging you. I'm just telling you how I feel about polygamy.
Who said I like polygamy ? i don't .in merely used a culture as a context as to why isreal had commands aND how it seperated them.

Get into Joseph abd his vision of Pharoah taking from the Nile abd what it means .the idea of taking rather being thankful for Provision. We are much like that

I wasn't lead to read john,nope I was to know my origins.in the begginning,God then after the tanach read the Gospel.I am a saved Jew.
With a Jewish ancestry jasonc, did you practice Judaism before reading the Gospel? How do you feel about President Trumps decision on Jerusalem?

Hagar was an egyptain btw and her son Ishmael amongst the arabs is small.but we digress

Yes I know she was an Egyptian, but Ishmael was still by all rights Abraham's first son, but lost his birthright. It's not a small thing as it explains so much of the history of birthrights and rivalries between siblings and parents of polygamy.

The shabbat wasn't changed nor is there a command listed in the bible to attend church on Sunday.
That and the truth that God regards one day over another Fran. Then, along comes Paul, the new Christian wanting a Church Council and old Ole Pete agrees and tells all, "Boys we gotta git down ta business and stop worshippin on thea same day as those stuck in the mud, an not enlightened group that is in there on Shabbat. About that time John the Baptist arrived and seconded the motion and the SBC was convened and and is to this moment, still in conference!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back