Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's plan for the Gay Agenda

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Gary wrote said:
In his own words... lighten up Windoze. Can you not even spot the "gentle jibe?"

Some how, for some reason I have not found much gentleness in your posts Gary.

May I invite you show us your stuff in the thread entitled "Effective witnessing" as opposed to posting other people's stuff as you have resorted to here?

Gary said:
Now I get it Sputnik....

This is :crazyeyes: what you said is it not? :silly:

I often find myself :sleeping:

No disrespect....

Oh, absolutely none taken, Gary, I assure you. This makes it so much easier to 'fess up' to you that I, too, find myself nodding off constantly as I read your posts. I would never have told you that. :smt106

Yes, I was hearing voices. " Beautiful Saviour" from the "Australia Worships" CD

Best medicine there is, especially after watching the last day of the second cricket test, SA vs Aussie. :smt038

I have to keep reminding my son that Shane Warne may be a good bowler but hardly a role model in any other area of his life, including his on-the-field antics.

:)

Gary said:
Yes, I was hearing voices. " Beautiful Saviour" from the "Australia Worships" CD

Best medicine there is, especially after watching the last day of the second cricket test, SA vs Aussie. :smt038

I have to keep reminding my son that Shane Warne may be a good bowler but hardly a role model in any other area of his life, including his on-the-field antics.

:)

I had assumed that you were posting from the states. Are you located in Australia? England, perhaps?

There seems to be four camps here; 1) those who accept and condone homosexuality 2) those who deal with all sinners on a compassionate level 3) those who outright condemn the sin and fourth 4) those who outright condemn the sin and the sinner.

#2 and 3 should be able to meet somewhere in the middle... 1 and 4 are never going to see eye to eye.

All we can do is plant seeds:

Mat 13:4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
Mat 13:5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
Mat 13:6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
Mat 13:7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
Mat 13:8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Which seeds do you want to be yours? 8-)

2) those who deal with all sinners on a compassionate level 3) those who outright condemn the sin

Groups 2 and 3 are one and the same.

bibleberean said:
2) those who deal with all sinners on a compassionate level 3) those who outright condemn the sin

Oh, ok. :-D

*burp* Sorry, just got done with lunch. 8-)

Vic said:
... 1 and 4 are never going to see eye to eye.

They can't see eye to eye, 1 and 4 keep poking each others eyes out! :smt022

Vic said:
bibleberean said:

Oh, ok. :-D

*burp* Sorry, just got done with lunch. 8-)

To get rid of the *burps* Wash that provalone down with a nice glass of wine! :smt030,

[*burp*] I just had some humble pie for lunch but it's giving me indigestion! :smt078

Maybe I should have a bit of that wine to sooth the stomach also. :smt030 :-D

There comes a time when you just have to walk away from all
the "insults" being thrown around the room. It's not even worth staying in the conversation when people are so mean spirited and divert from off of the topic with using such tactics.

As far as I'm concerend, they can go fry in a microwave to be purged of their mean spirited, unrelenting, unrepenting, imature behavior.
:microwave: :splat: :robot: :silly:

By all the personal and immature insults being thrown around, it turns into something insane that I want no more part in.
It's like trying to make a silk purse out of a swines ear and using the bible as reference and valid presentation turns into being an exercise that is considered taboo for many of group # 1. Frustrating, very frustrating.

Why chat with a bunch of people who do nothing but throw a bunch of totally unrelated personal insults at you and insist on holding onto the secular mindsets. :smt102 I wash my hands of this thread.

This is a "Christian discussion" forum , is it not?

Relic said:

I wash my hands of this thread.

This is a "Christian discussion" forum , is it not? [/b] [/size][/color]

Yes, it is and you would be well served to understand that there is more then one Christian interpretation and not agreeing with one statement of faith does not take away the right of another to be called a Christian.

I would hardly use the word 'complacency' simply because some posters to this thread prefer not to be making a blood-sport out of this topic.

Its become a hot topic because some of us are shocked every time we read a Christian who comes across as having no qualms with the movement. I don't understand how anyone who reads their Bible and takes to heart what it says can be so numbed to this flagrant attack on morality. You preach that it shouldn't be addressed because it isn't treated like other sins. That may well be due to the fact that other sins have had their hayday in the sun and homosexuality is just another in the progressional downward spiral of morality. Premarital sex was the big issue at one time, unmarried people living together and adultery were hot topics like this but as time has progressed its been shifted because the next big thing has come along. Homosexuality is the big one now, I'm sure support for beastiality and pedophilia aren't far behind. Its the continual progression in the downfall of moral values. Its inevitable. Some of us numb a little quicker than others apparently. That of course doesn't make stealing, adultery, drug addiction, abortion or whatever any more appropriate. I however feel each person needs to understand what sin is because as we all know, being unrepentant keeps us from having a relationship with God.

And, if you were so strongly in opposition to blatant immorality you would have been more vocal than you were on my 'Are We Hypocrites?' thread. This thread dealt with our 'ho-hum' attitude toward the blatant immorality that we allow into our homes on a daily basis via the popular media. Most of us are not affected by homosexuality but we certainly ARE affected by the immoral and ungodly trash that permeates our daily lives via the god that sits in the corner of the room!

While I don't have the free time that you may for t.v., most of my t.v. viewing time involves sports. While I'm sure you'll have something negative to say about that think for a moment that a common interest brings me more opportunities to talk with certain people that you may not otherwise have any connection to. I'm sure you have interests that help you reach people that I likely wouldn't too.

You're way off the mark, Scott. I personally do not support any rallies that promote blatant promiscuity of any kind ...be it homosexual or not. The Gay Mardi Gras is NOT what is being discussed here - certainly not by me, anyway - but one's sexual orientation.

Am I way off the mark?! Take a look at the thread title, it says nothing about orientation, instead it refers to the homosexual agenda which their purpose is an outright attack on morality. No more no less. Its origin is not with men or women but with Satan. Furthermore the orientation concept is just a subtle mock against the Creator. Your lack of proof with it only sheds doubt on your understanding and either proves you gullible or deceptive. I don't know your heart so I won't make that call.

See, this is the problem we run into when discussing issues where one has an absolute ignorance on the topic but attempts to come across as the expert.

That must be in reference to the orientation myth you wholeheartedly have been deceived into believing without proof.

You have no idea as to what the REAL issue is since you don't have the interest or the inclination to research it.

Since there is no factual evidence supporting it, there is no reason to convince myself with some else's magic act.

You Scott (and others), really do seem to believe that as long as one can regurgitate the same old scriptures at someone then this somehow makes one some authority on the subject.

I haven't quoted any to you. I've already recognized that you consider those verses as hate speech no matter whom they're spoken by. Why is it that you need to generalize me with everyone else here? Thats part of your problem, you address opposition as though its all the same. Its all people who beat others down with baseball bats while screaming verses at them. With those images in your head you've already become a slave to your dogma. Your understanding on this issue has ceased because your dogma has reached its full capacity.

They find others with whom they can gain acceptance.

There is no safety in numbers before God. Unrepentance of sin is the same whether its one person or 1000.

And this is not to say that any particular individual - when removed from the group mentality thing - would not say, "I'm struggling with homosexuality."

People struggling with homosexuality don't fight for marriage rights, adoption of kids, and tax breaks. They don't push for homosexual sex education in schools and make historical reports that claim certain historical figures were homosexuals without factual proof. Here again your thinking about the wrong crowd.

Don't you notice that, Scott?

Did you notice I'm not part of any of the factions? My posts are my own individual convictions, I don't need a pat on the back to say whats true. Did you notice I haven't taken part in degrading you or anyone else with underhanded comments?

And, I don't believe for one second that this attitude toward the homosexual person is 'righteous anger' at all.

I didn't say I was angry, I just said I oppose it. I already know the direction is still going to get worse. One day all that opposes God's Word will be thrown down. This is all just a test.

By the way, how many ACTUAL living, breathing homosexuals do you know personally, Scott?

I do know five homosexuals/bisexual. Two of which were from high school, one I knew from college, one is presently one of my co-workers and the other is my great-uncle who was married 35 years & father of 2 sons but now divorced from my great-aunt and presently living a homosexual lifestyle. He also attends a church that regards his lifestyle as not being sin despite what the Bible has to say about it.

Or do you get your impressions of homosexuality from the media or otherwise get caught up in the euphoria of blood-letting threads such as this?

Or do you think everyone is the same and we all recite Bible verses as we bloody people with baseball bats? Try not to jump to conclusions before you actually attempt to understand the person you are talking to.

What would be your Christian advice to such a person if they came to you for 'help'?

In that case I'm sure there would be some verses missing from my Bible and I'd tell them they didn't need help.

This person might be your own son, by the way, since homosexual people DO have parents. How would you deal with the issue in a constructive manner?

Well for starters, I wouldn't be assuming that people who oppose the homosexual agenda are Nazis. Sin is not what you are tempted with, its what you act on. Enter self-control. The way you view women can contribute to lusting (it can be controlled), uncontrolled anger/rage can lead to murder (it can be controlled), poor self esteem and self image can lead to suicide (they can be controlled), coveting others possessions can lead to theft (it can be controlled), gluttony can lead to obesity (it can be controlled), not being motivated can lead to laziness (it can be controlled), sexual thoughts outside of God's definition of marriage can range from adultery, promiscuity, sexual abuse, homosexuality or any other form of sexual immorality (they can be controlled). You become what you are mastered by. Our frame of reference for how we view the things we are mastered by is the Bible. If the Bible says its wrong, there is no circumventing the truth to fit our lifestyle. We should live as God told us we ought. If we circumvent the truth to fit our own desires, we are unrepentant.

Amen Scott, Your whole post was right on.

If the Bible says its wrong, there is no circumventing the truth to fit our lifestyle. We should live as God told us we ought. If we circumvent the truth to fit our own desires, we are unrepentant.

Again amen!

But there is such a difference in letting people know about God and His love for us and that He wants to forgive us our sins then to call them perverts and sodomites. The tactics of some here who think they do any good for the Name of Jesus.

If a discussion with any "gleefully unrepentant" turns into a namecalling contest, it would have been better initially to just walk away. Jesus told the Disciples in Matthew 10:14 how to deal with such situations. In situations like that its best to just bite your tongue and walk away and pray that God may bring someone else along someday at a special time and situation that their words may have an impact if its in His Will.

Notice though, Sodomites and perverts is what the Bible refers to those who were unrepentant. I agree there is a tactful way to approaching these people and its not with namecalling. However we should not blameshift to others as though they are the cause of homosexuals remaining in those kinds of lifestyles. That is due entirely to unrepentance.

Scott said:
But there is such a difference in letting people know about God and His love for us and that He wants to forgive us our sins then to call them perverts and sodomites. The tactics of some here who think they do any good for the Name of Jesus.

If a discussion with any "gleefully unrepentant" turns into a namecalling contest, it would have been better initially to just walk away. Jesus told the Disciples in Matthew 10:14 how to deal with such situations. In situations like that its best to just bite your tongue and walk away and pray that God may bring someone else along someday at a special time and situation that their words may have an impact if its in His Will.

Notice though, Sodomites and perverts is what the Bible refers to those who were unrepentant. I agree there is a tactful way to approaching these people and its not with namecalling. However we should not blameshift to others as though they are the cause of homosexuals remaining in those kinds of lifestyles. That is due entirely to unrepentance.
While I see your point and agree to a degree, I also think that there are some that may be drawn to God but meet with such people as would call them names and show them no love that would rather stay where they are accepted then try and wade through hate. I know that when I was seeking God, I was very timid in what was happening and unsure of where to go. Had I found that the foundation that God instituted through His Son, the Church, was calling me names and not showing me love or compassion, I would probably have turned around and not bothered to be part of it.

No doubt you would agree that both Jesus and Paul used some strong wording for the unrepentant. I believe it is possible to show love and compassion and if necessary call a spade a spade. Jesus did, Paul did, other Apostles did, so there is a tactful way of using it. That doesn't mean every situation calls for it but at the same time we really have no right to indignation towards those words either. Because they are truthful.

Ultimately though, its up to you to recognize your own sin.... its not dependant on a word someone uses that you deem offensive to describe your sin.

hey i just read about this topic and it interested me, but then i got kinda annoyed about the whole "gay condemnation" thing. It doesnt inspire people (gays) to change, it just makes them feel more insecure, scared and very cut-off from the christian community. And if they do change it would be out of fear and not out of love for their God, which to me is completely wrong. I think i would've been more inspired by comments such as "God loves you, and that he can help you change," not the whole "your going to hell" tone of comments you make. ARGH sorry i just feel so worked up...lol.

rover said:
hey i just read about this topic and it interested me, but then i got kinda annoyed about the whole "gay condemnation" thing. It doesnt inspire people (gays) to change, it just makes them feel more insecure, scared and very cut-off from the christian community. And if they do change it would be out of fear and not out of love for their God, which to me is completely wrong. I think i would've been more inspired by comments such as "God loves you, and that he can help you change," not the whole "your going to hell" tone of comments you make. ARGH sorry i just feel so worked up...lol.

http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?p=241600#241600

rover said:

I don't go up to gays and tell them they are bad. You're just assuming this by scriptural positions upheld on this board. I don't think the others do that either. But you either you believe the biblical position or you don't.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back