Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Haiti earthquake was prophesied and it was judgement

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
And we always hear that these thing are not of God but natural events. Hopefully some one will share this info with other Christian Forums.

NOTE: For centuries, Haiti has been one of the darkest nationsin the world - full of voodoo and witchcraft - even at the highestlevels of government. But now - look at this!! ARTICLE and YOUTUBE VIDEO BELOW- AMAZING MIRACLE in HAITI Jerry Miel is a good friend and radio engineer who served as a missionary in Haiti with World Team mission when we lived there. He worked with the Christian station, Radio Lumiere (Radio Light). He has gone back to Haiti to help in the aftermath of the earthquake and makes these important observations. -- Boxley AN INCREDIBLE DAY in the HISTORY OF HAITI -by Jerry Miel (Feb 17). I think that I will remember this day as one of the most significant in my life, not because of what I did, but for it's meaning... Today was the one month anniversary of the great Haitian earthquake. About 3 days ago the Haitian President announced that there would be 3 days of holiday from work for the purpose of fasting and prayer. This is absolutely historic. If you have ever been in Haiti as a visitor or missionary, could you ever have imagined such a pronouncement? Could you image such an announcementfrom the U.S. President? This morning I saw a young Haitian-American woman, the leader of a work team, crying because the Americans could not understand the incredible importance of this day and wanted to go about business as usual. Remember, it was only about 6 years ago that a former Haitian president called the nation to come together to rededicate the nation to Satan. This was not "a minute of silence for the deceased" or something as equally insignificant. Whatever the President might have originally intended, this became a real commitment for the Haitian people. As I sit here this evening, I can hear the preaching coming from a nearby church. Services have been going on all day... Let me tell you what I saw and felt today. Peniel and I had planned an inspection trip up to the Artibonite Valley today. Right or wrong, I don't really know, but since it was the only opportunity, we went ahead with the trip. As we left the guest house about 7:30 am, we were met by throngs of well dressed people headed to various churches. The sounds ofChristian music and worship filled the air everywhere. The next observation was that there was NO traffic. Port-au-Prince streets are always clogged and overflowing with bumper to bumper traffic. This morning there were only a few vehicles on the roads, a few small buses (tap taps), some UN and military vehicles, and a few private cars. We had clear sailing through town. The same was true of foot traffic. Usually the streets are clogged also with people walking. Today there were only a few and many of them dressed for church. The only place that there were traffic blocks was in front of several churches where the congregations had overflowed the buildings and the yards and had moved out into the streets as well. The next observation was that EVERYTHING was closed! We could not find even one business or gas station open. There were no intercity buses running. Whereas the sidewalks are usually overflowing with millions of street venders, we only saw a few here and there. The huge outdoor market near the wharf where thousands work each day and is spread out to cover most of the street, was EMPTY. Where were all the people? They were in churches and makeshift meeting sites. Every church (except a JW church) had services going on, almost always overflowing into the streets. Beside broken down churches, services were taking place outside. In homeless camps, there were services. Everywhere the nation was gathered to worship and pray. No, I did not see any voodoo, Islamic, or Buddhist services. This scene was repeated in every town and hamlet that we passed during the day. Tonight, Pastor Ignace, who is sharing the room with me, asked this question: "Can people still say that Haiti is a voodoo country?" What has been happening and is continuing to happen in Haiti did not happen because of the earthquake. It has been happening because the Haitian people know how to pray. This is a tremendous outpouring of God's power as the result of prayer. Twenty years ago I started praying for the Gospel to change the Haitian culture. I think that I am seeing God do that work. The only sadness that I feel today is for our nation. While a nation that has long been under Satan's domination is turning to God with total commitment, our nation, founded on Godly values has rejected God and is rapidly trying to forget that his name even exists.

Let us pray for revival. 4-MIN VIDEO of HAITI DAYS of PRAYER- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30rWm84z-zg

God bless you all! --YES! - You have permission to post these emails to friends or other groups, boards, etc - unless there is something different written in the Copyright notice above. To subscribe, please send a 'subscribe' email to-prophetic@revivalschool.com See our website and discussion board-http://www.revivalschool.com To unsubscribe, send ANY message to: anzac-unsubscribe@welovegod.org To send material for consideration for publication, send to-prophetic@revivalschool.com MODERATOR:Andrew Strom.

This guy says jugement day is coming and you believe judgement day has already come and gone and God has not rewarded his servants?

I hope your not serious.

Shilohsfoal said:
This guy says jugement day is coming and you believe judgement day has already come and gone and God has not rewarded his servants?

I hope your not serious.
I am not sure what you are talking bout? God has sent judgement to places since the fall, but the final wrath of God and judgement of men will not come until the end.

GodspromisesRyes said:
Shilohsfoal said:

I hope your not serious.
I am not sure what you are talking bout? God has sent judgement to places since the fall, but the final wrath of God and judgement of men will not come until the end.

What Im talking about is the man said the judgement of God is coming and you are saying it has already come and passed.The man who you say prophecied of this earthquake didnt say anything about an earthquake.He only said the judgement of God is coming.
I got news for you.The judgemnt of God is coming.Now if anything happens tomorrow ,next week or even nerxt year you can say that I prophecied of it.I dont care if its an earthquake,mudslide,flood,huricane,or anything else.And even though you can say I prophecied of whatever natural event takes place,the judgement of God will still be coming.

Shilohsfoal said:
GodspromisesRyes said:
Shilohsfoal said:

I hope your not serious.

What Im talking about is the man said the judgement of God is coming and you are saying it has already come and passed.The man who you say prophecied of this earthquake didnt say anything about an earthquake.He only said the judgement of God is coming.
I got news for you.The judgemnt of God is coming.Now if anything happens tomorrow ,next week or even nerxt year you can say that I prophecied of it.I dont care if its an earthquake,mudslide,flood,huricane,or anything else.And even though you can say I prophecied of whatever natural event takes place,the judgement of God will still be coming.
did u watch the video? He did say "i see an earthquake, a historic earthquake".that was two months before the earthquake there.

GodspromisesRyes said:
I do not know if this has been posted by anyone yet, I just saw it today. It shows the dominican republic being warned in november that God would send judgement of an earthquake if they did not repent of their sexual sin.
Do you really believe that countries who are less prone to natural disasters or have the money to prevent them or deal with them are inhabited by holier people than those poor countries afflicted by disasters?
Do you believe that it is God's justice that thousands of innocent children die while thousands of paedophiles and rapists live a comfortable life? -how can any Christian have such a complacent and cynical idea of God's justice?

Please contemplate what Jesus said on the subject!!

1 About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were offering sacrifices at the Temple. 2 “Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other people from Galilee?†Jesus asked. “Is that why they suffered? 3 Not at all! And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God. 4 And what about the eighteen people who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them? Were they the worst sinners in Jerusalem? 5 No, and I tell you again that unless you repent, you will perish, too.†(Luke 13 1-6)

I find this an excellent explanation on the question "Does God Send Killer Hurricanes and Earthquakes?"

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/content/doe ... hurricanes

Best regards.
Anna

Tatty said:
GodspromisesRyes said:
I do not know if this has been posted by anyone yet, I just saw it today. It shows the dominican republic being warned in november that God would send judgement of an earthquake if they did not repent of their sexual sin.
Do you really believe that countries who are less prone to natural disasters or have the money to prevent them or deal with them are inhabited by holier people than those poor countries afflicted by disasters?
Do you believe that it is God's justice that thousands of innocent children die while thousands of paedophiles and rapists live a comfortable life? -how can any Christian have such a complacent and cynical idea of God's justice?

Please contemplate what Jesus said on the subject!!

1 About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were offering sacrifices at the Temple. 2 “Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than all the other people from Galilee?†Jesus asked. “Is that why they suffered? 3 Not at all! And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God. 4 And what about the eighteen people who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them? Were they the worst sinners in Jerusalem? 5 No, and I tell you again that unless you repent, you will perish, too.†(Luke 13 1-6)

I find this an excellent explanation on the question "Does God Send Killer Hurricanes and Earthquakes?"

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/content/doe ... hurricanes

Best regards.
Anna
This does not have anything to do with who has money. This country was hit with 9-11 and this recession we are in not to mention the crazy weather. The point is God sent them a prophet to warn them and what he said was fulfilled now that country is repenting and turning to God and people are getting saved and it is all a work of God.

In the scriptures you quoted above, you have not looked at them carefully enough. Jesus does not say by them that God did not do them and that it was not judgement- He says that those upon who it happend were not WORSE sinners than the rest but unless THEY REPENT the SAME will happen to them.

No one is saying that Haiti was the worst sinners on the planet but they are who God choose to send a prophet to to warn them and it is them who he sent the judgement too for all to see. Now unless everyone else repent they shall likewise perish.

And yes it is Gods perfect justice that He decides when and how to send judgement and to whom. In the end every man will be judged for the sins they have done. The bible is full of people who were sinners but not thee worst receiving a judgement while other sinners that appear worse just die in their sins with no horrific judgement. That does not make God wrong and it doesnt mean that every man will not be judged.It is not for you or I to say that God would be wrong to send an earthquake to judge haiti, but instead he should have killed some pedophiles. And as far as babies go, life and death are in His hands and he has the right to take and keep whomever He wants at any moment. have you not read how many babies and small children were judged right along with their parents throughout the word of God?

GodspromisesRyes said:
This does not have anything to do with who has money. This country was hit with 9-11 and this recession we are in not to mention the crazy weather.

-see that's complacent!

GodpromisesRyes said:
It is not for you or I to say that God would be wrong to send an earthquake to judge haiti, but instead he should have killed some pedophiles.

- this is not what I implied. I wouldn't dream of saying what God "should do" -I'm happy to accept the way how God does deal with people, which is not in a manner of immediate outward punishment in this life (aka old testament of individual or groups of people).

I maintain that this view is highly un-christian.

As I have said what I had to on the matter, I will drop out of this argument at this point. We will have to part agreeing to disagree.
And even though our views differ greatly on this matter I leave in the hope, that we can uphold respect for one another as brother and sister in Christ.

Best regards.
Anna

Tatty said:
GodspromisesRyes said:
This does not have anything to do with who has money. This country was hit with 9-11 and this recession we are in not to mention the crazy weather.

-see that's complacent!

GodpromisesRyes said:
It is not for you or I to say that God would be wrong to send an earthquake to judge haiti, but instead he should have killed some pedophiles.

- this is not what I implied. I wouldn't dream of saying what God "should do" -I'm happy to accept the way how God does deal with people, which is not in a manner of immediate outward punishment in this life (aka old testament of individual or groups of people).

I maintain that this view is highly un-christian.

As I have said what I had to on the matter, I will drop out of this argument at this point. We will have to part agreeing to disagree.
And even though our views differ greatly on this matter I leave in the hope, that we can uphold respect for one another as brother and sister in Christ.

Best regards.
Anna
How can it be unchristian to believe that God does not change? That is what His word declares.The word never says the God of the OT is differnt from the God of the NT. Since the beginning of creation God has judged, and not only when people die and go to heaven or hell. God judged people in the NT. Annanias and Sapharia fell down dead for lying to the Holy Ghost. that was very immediate and made everyone fear and repent and beleive. Paul by the power of God blinded a man because He was trying to stop the work of the Lord.

In 1 cor 11 Paul says that because people ate and drank of the body and blood unworthily many were sick and others were dead. That is judgement He says they ate and drank damnation on themselves. The word prpehsies that in the last days there will be earthquakes, famines pestilence etc etc etc....

I too wish to remain in peace with you in Christ Jesus but I do not understand how one can read the word of God and know our holy God and think it is unchristian for God to act as He always has.

I was just hearing today that 30,000 people have been saved because of this earthquake in Haiti. The whole country is repenting. They called a three day no work, prayer and fasting for the nation. THAT is terrific! That is the work of the judgment of God to save a people! THANK GOD He send that judgment. He warned them first and then did it and now at least 430,000 people will be in heaven that could have burned in hell if he left them to their own deviced until they died in their sins.

...He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (Matthew 5:45)
-Jesus' own words!
For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! (Ezekiel 18:32)
-note: it doesn't say "die with no chance to repent"!

I'm not responding for the sake of argument.
I understand that we all struggle to make sense of why natural disasters happen; and in a way it is easier to just put it down to God's punishment -if one ignores all the moral and logical difficulties this theory brings with it.

Do you believe that all people who died in the earthquake were unrepentant sinners -all those babies and children included? That a just God would tar all with the same brush... the wicked and innocent alike??

I hope not. At the very least I hope you don't feel glee at their suffering and that you, despite your view, uphold compassion -anything less would indeed be un-christian!

Please have a look at this short video:

http://www.askthepriest.org/askthepries ... quake.html

I too wish to remain in peace with you in Christ Jesus
-I'm glad and wish you peace.
Anna

Tatty said:
...He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. (Matthew 5:45)
-Jesus' own words!
[quote:1qokj0uv]For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! (Ezekiel 18:32)
-note: it doesn't say "die with no chance to repent"!

I'm not responding for the sake of argument.
I understand that we all struggle to make sense of why natural disasters happen; and in a way it is easier to just put it down to God's punishment -if one ignores all the moral and logical difficulties this theory brings with it.

Do you believe that all people who died in the earthquake were unrepentant sinners -all those babies and children included? That a just God would tar all with the same brush... the wicked and innocent alike??

I hope not. At the very least I hope you don't feel glee at their suffering and that you, despite your view, uphold compassion -anything less would indeed be un-christian!

Please have a look at this short video:

http://www.askthepriest.org/askthepries ... quake.html

I too wish to remain in peace with you in Christ Jesus
-I'm glad and wish you peace.
Anna[/quote:1qokj0uv]
I do not feel glee at their suffering, but i feel glee that God is sovereign and He knows how to warn men, and how to bring them to repentance. As sad as it is for " innocent"(which you do not know if anyone that died was innocent or not, you assume they must have been but who is innocent in Gods eyes? Have not all men come short of the glory of God?) But besides that, it is better for a child to die before they enter into sin that will cost them their soul, and for people to repent and be saved. Then the life of a child to be spared by God if he knows they would grow up and condmen themselves and never be saved.- He knows all, we do not. His word is clear that He is just and He is also a God of judgement. The NT is not about a God who does not judge.- WE in Christ are under grace, but grace is only entered into by faith. The whole world is not under grace if they do not believe and repent. It is very likely that everyone that died was an unrepentant sinner. However if they were not that means they were a faithful christian and He decided to bring them home to himself.

Yes, God is just... and merciful!

The LORD is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The LORD is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. (Psalm 145: 8-9)
The LORD thy God is a merciful God; he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee.
(Deuteronomy 4:31)
-God's loving-mercy even exceeds his justice!

God wants us to be merciful, too:
Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.(Matthew 5:7)

The Bible however does not say: "Blessed are the self-righteous for they will be favoured"...!!

And FYI -the majority of people who died in Haiti (and in other natural disasters e.g. Chile) are Christians!

And for it "being better for a child to die before they enter into sin that will cost them their soul..." -you don't know if that would have happened either!! Even the non-christian children might have turned to Christ in their life later on!

I don't know if you have children but what would you say if people shrugged off the death of your child in such a smug way -saying: it's better s/he died for s/he might have turned away from Christ in later life -at least now her/his soul is...?!

Do you see where I'm coming from?

GodspromisesRyes said:
I was just hearing today that 30,000 people have been saved because of this earthquake in Haiti. The whole country is repenting. They called a three day no work, prayer and fasting for the nation. THAT is terrific! That is the work of the judgment of God to save a people! THANK GOD He send that judgment. He warned them first and then did it and now at least 430,000 people will be in heaven that could have burned in hell if he left them to their own deviced until they died in their sins.
:mouthdrop

i praise the lord for the small corrections that i have recieved from the Lord, it causes me to remember where i needed to be.

i will think of where i stand with this haiti prophetic thing when i come back in a few days. :study

logical bob said:
GodspromisesRyes said:
:mouthdrop
Is hell better than earthquake?

How do I say this in a loving way?
Lack of discernment within the body of Christ is running rampant. May I point out that this "prophecy" is so general and broad that it lacks any right to be labeled as truth when it comes to the title of this thread. No where did he mention Haiti, and now that there has been an even more powerful quake in Chili that actually effected the earth's axis; can we now say that this prophecy was actually about that?
The book of Revelation (which is prophecy) states that there will a quake greater than all others at the very end Rev. 16:18.
Specifics are key to the fulfillment of prophecy.
Discernment comes from knowing the Word.
Knowing the Word means studying the Bible.
The Holy Spirit's still small voice is easier to hear if the Word is in your mind as well as in your heart.
If we aren't reading regularly, we are wandering around in a sea of deception. The devil has been patient and like the pied piper has led the human race so far from the truth we have no idea how far away we are.
Now if your wondering how far away from the truth you are right now, let me ask you; how far away is your Bible from you right now?
Until He comes, His Spirit is in you, and with our Wonderful Counselor; we have Jesus Christ (The Word of God) in the palm of our hands (at least we should).

Concerning whether or not God allows such things; the answer should be obviously "Yes". Did you turn to God because your life was bliss, or because your life was a mess?
Suffering leads to repentance, and as has been noted the Haitian people are repenting and turning to our precious Savior, to His Glory, Honor, and Praise. Amen

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back