Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Haiti earthquake was prophesied and it was judgement

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi Andrew and welcome! :wave

You said:

Concerning whether or not God allows such things; the answer should be obviously "Yes". Did you turn to God because your life was bliss, or because your life was a mess?
Suffering leads to repentance, and as has been noted the Haitian people are repenting and turning to our precious Savior, to His Glory, Honor, and Praise. Amen
I agree! We need to keep in mind that God has a sovereign and permissive will. Allowing something to happen is not the same as actually causing it happen. Regardless, God will always use these events to and for HIS glory. :amen

What the Most High ordains, his ministers on the left hand and the right hand carries out his will which always works the evil of this life together for good in his purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus in his grace. The Most High is all in all. He has made Christ unto us all and in all.

Minus multiplied by minus is positive. -1 times -1 = +1.

Joe

I believe that these disasters are to be viewed by us as a wake up call for us all. Like when Jesus asked His disciples if they thought the 12 people who were crushed by the tower of Siloam were any more wicked than anyone else. He replied that unless we all repent we shall all likewise perish. Sobering stuff!

GodspromisesRyes said:
logical bob said:
GodspromisesRyes said:
I was just hearing today that 30,000 people have been saved because of this earthquake in Haiti. The whole country is repenting. They called a three day no work, prayer and fasting for the nation. THAT is terrific! That is the work of the judgment of God to save a people! THANK GOD He send that judgment. He warned them first and then did it and now at least 430,000 people will be in heaven that could have burned in hell if he left them to their own deviced until they died in their sins.
:mouthdrop
Is hell better than earthquake?
If what you believe were true there would be no difference between hell and heaven.

The prophesy was not general because He was there and gave it to those people. He was not in america giving it in general. He was in the dominican republic- which is where haiti is. And He gave it specifically to them. He said if you do not repent from sexual sins, all over your beaches- there would be an earthquake.

That isnt general. This same prophet had prophesied one year ago to chile' also warning them, he also prophesied another earquake in africa and katrina. each directed at the people it happened to, not just general " there will be an earthquake somewhere in the world".

As far as heaven and hell goes, judgements on earth to cause repentance are no where near hell. It is very sad that as terrible as judgements are, and as much as we do not ideally want to have to have them, they serve a purpose to bring peoples attention back to God and to cause them to repent so that there judgement does not have to be eternal. For that we should be thankful. We have 40,000 new brothers and sisters because of this judgement by God. That is 40,000 people who could have died and been eternally lost.

GodspromisesRyes said:
He was in the dominican republic- which is where haiti is.
That just shows your sad ignorance about the people whose deaths you're so thankful for. Haiti and the Dominican Republic are two different countries which are on the same island. Your comment above is about as accurate as saying that Canada is where the USA is.

You're clearly typing these words at a comfortable distance from Haiti. Are they righteous where you live? Do they need their attention brought back to God? Will you be thankful if your neighbours, family and friends are buried under the wreckage of their homes to suffocate or starve in agony? Will you be praising God then?

Sadly, the forum rules don't permit me to properly tell you what I think of your attitude. It shames those of your fellow Christians who are humble, loving people. I can't stress enough how replusive your beliefs are. Perhaps you favour a return to the Inquisition? You seem happy that suffering, torment and death are a means to an end in making people repent. But at least the Inquisition had the courage to look their victims in the eye, not just give thanks for their suffering from a safe distance.

"If anyone is in Christ he is a new creation." If this is new creation you can keep it.

bob,

I have already stated that it is sad that such suffering has to happen but when God does such things - rightfully as He always is- and uses it to bring people to repentance we should not be happy at the suffering- but we should be happy and thankful that God has saw fit to do what is needed to save souls.

If we judge suffering in this life to be as bad, or worse then eternity in hell and are willing to judge peoples lives now as being more importantly sustained, then their eternal souls then we will have a problem with every way of God.

God not only uses judgement to bring unbeleivers to repentance and faith unto salvation but He used judgement by chasening to those who are already His to cause them to turn from sin back to him.

The sad truth is many people will not repent while their flesh is comfortable. While we do not take pleasure in the sufferings of people, Nor does God- we do take pleasure in the good that suffering can bring forth to save a people from hell.

The end is soon, tribulation is not that far off and if we are still stuck in doctrines that are not scriptural that cause us not to rejoice when suffering brings forth REPENTANCE and SALVATION, and also if we do not understand that God judges the wicked and all men outside of Christ are wicked, then we will be found to be hating God when His judgements increase all over the earth.

While we are not rejoicing at their suffering- we rejoice at those saved because of it. That the work of God is GOOD. And He is never unjust. Even in His judgement He is merciful- for now.

GodspromisesRyes said:
bob,

I have already stated that it is sad that such suffering has to happen but when God does such things - rightfully as He always is- and uses it to bring people to repentance we should not be happy at the suffering- but we should be happy and thankful that God has saw fit to do what is needed to save souls.

If we judge suffering in this life to be as bad, or worse then eternity in hell and are willing to judge peoples lives now as being more importantly sustained, then their eternal souls then we will have a problem with every way of God.

God not only uses judgement to bring unbeleivers to repentance and faith unto salvation but He used judgement by chasening to those who are already His to cause them to turn from sin back to him.

The sad truth is many people will not repent while their flesh is comfortable. While we do not take pleasure in the sufferings of people, Nor does God- we do take pleasure in the good that suffering can bring forth to save a people from hell.

The end is soon, tribulation is not that far off and if we are still stuck in doctrines that are not scriptural that cause us not to rejoice when suffering brings forth REPENTANCE and SALVATION, and also if we do not understand that God judges the wicked and all men outside of Christ are wicked, then we will be found to be hating God when His judgements increase all over the earth.

While we are not rejoicing at their suffering- we rejoice at those saved because of it. That the work of God is GOOD. And He is never unjust. Even in His judgement He is merciful- for now.
I agree. :wave

Tatty said:
I find this an excellent explanation on the question "Does God Send Killer Hurricanes and Earthquakes?"

http://www.bibleinfo.com/en/content/doe ... hurricanes

Best regards.
Anna

To use your post as a jumping on point, look at the warning God is sending us NOW, about the upcoming 2010 Hurricane season:
Warning Signs in the Heavens and on the Earth?

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMa ... amp=200602

BAD OMEN FOR OUR UPCOMING HURRICANE SEASON?
March 10, 2010

A rare Tropical Depression has formed in the SOUTH Atlantic, off the coast of Brazil. It may or may not impact the coast or even strengthen further, what is so impressive it is the second one to form in the South Atlantic in the past 6 years and only the 4th ever recorded in Satellite history.

Visibile Satellite image from this afternoon…THE OMINOUS THOUGHT? The last time we saw this similar occurrance was in March 2004, a Hurricane formed, it was named Catarina…
The 2004 hurricane season: The season was notable as one of the deadliest and most costly Atlantic hurricane seasons on record in the last decade, ..read more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Atlan ... ane_season

I live in a state that can, and does, get hit with hurricanes. God is warning us, to get prepared NOW.

you live in Florida? strange i havent heard of a more active season as i'm in the national guard.
this would be something that we would plan on.

We are in an El Nino weather pattern this season, which usually occur about every 5 years or so. What happens in the Pacific will naturally affect weather patterns in the Atlantic. While it usually affects the northern hemisphere, it can and has affected the weather in the southern hemisphere too.

jasoncran said:
you live in Florida? strange i havent heard of a more active season as i'm in the national guard.
this would be something that we would plan on.

You haven't heard of it, but it's in google, and other search engines.
I think it's stupid, not to warn someone as important as the national guard.
Of course, NOTHING has happened yet, but, I'm just repeating what the weatherman said.

Hey, look at this stuff:

Build your own volcano:

Learn a little about magma viscosity and gas content,
and how those things make different looking volcanoes.

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/po ... ctive.html
or, here: http://www.channelone.com/news/volcano/
Build your own earthquake:
http://dsc.discovery.com/guides/planete ... ctive.html

play with ground, intensity, and earthquake prevention measures

kind of interesting, build your own hurricane: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/broadband/t ... 2989.flash

http://www.channelone.com/news/pick_disaster/
I got 6 out of 12 correct, in my snowstorm disaster quiz.
:sad

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back