Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

hatred vs love

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

ezra

proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up conflict,
but love covers over all wrongs. (kjv says sins ) so question how do you show love toward a hateful individual .? and how well can you the poster do this?

but love covers over all wrongs. (kjv says sins ) so question how do you show love toward a hateful individual .? and how well can you the poster do this?
talk is one thing, doing is the hard part. I would like to say I have mastered this but I haven't.

I would like to say I have mastered this but I haven't.
i haven't either i preached on love sunday it was tough on me as i need improvement my self.... we help a married couple out the wife has a good heart. ( my wife and i Lover her and the kids dearly ) THEY need get in church i was her youth pastor many years ago i did the marriage ceremony for them. we take the kids and treat as our own. the husband is a BUT .i tolerate him speak to him try to have a conversation with him.. but its all about him his family 2nd . honest times i want to club him over the head... i doubt in reality i would do it. but my flesh says bean him over the head.. the spirit in me reaches out in hopes to someday see him saved.. that is my best on love covers all sins.. i told the church its easy to love in the building . but outside the 4 walls in the real world is the challenge we do pick the 3 girls up every sunday morn and take to church.

i haven't either i preached on love sunday it was tough on me as i need improvement my self.... we help a married couple out the wife has a good heart. ( my wife and i Lover her and the kids dearly ) THEY need get in church i was her youth pastor many years ago i did the marriage ceremony for them. we take the kids and treat as our own. the husband is a BUT .i tolerate him speak to him try to have a conversation with him.. but its all about him his family 2nd . honest times i want to club him over the head... i doubt in reality i would do it. but my flesh says bean him over the head.. the spirit in me reaches out in hopes to someday see him saved.. that is my best on love covers all sins.. i told the church its easy to love in the building . but outside the 4 walls in the real world is the challenge we do pick the 3 girls up every sunday morn and take to church.
lol, I know you wont know the man,medina. I know he doesn't hate me, but I know can annoy the tar out of him, and try his patience. of course I have peeps that return the favor. mostly customers.

This is a hard one. I mean, I recently flipped off my neighbors for hassling me, so I'm hardly one to talk. I think of Proverbs 27:17 when I think of obnoxious people...I think they're in your life for a reason.

I know. I got frustrated. Lately, I've been trying to pray more for them...I pray for them to be blessed with everything they need and then some. I feel all spiritual and Christian-ized until they start hassling me hardcore...then...man oh man...the Flesh takes over sometimes...

1. Love them to death.
Love conquers all.
2. I am currently loving another poster in another thread.
He is having a difficult time with my love.
Can't handle it.
3. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
How do we do that?
Stay focused on Jesus and love comes out of us.

4. I once knew a person who outwardly, verbally hated Jews for no reason.
His name was John.
I said to him,
John?, that's a beautiful Jewish name.
He was speechless from that time forward.

(Just a thought) Doesn't love have to go two ways to be love? Can a hateful person who has become toxic from resentment love you in return?

1. Love them to death.
Love conquers all.
2. I am currently loving another poster in another thread.
He is having a difficult time with my love.
Can't handle it.
3. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
How do we do that?
Stay focused on Jesus and love comes out of us.

4. I once knew a person who outwardly, verbally hated Jews for no reason.
His name was John.
I said to him,
John?, that's a beautiful Jewish name.
He was speechless from that time forward.
off topic, john in Hebrew is Yochan. the german yohan is closer to it then the English rendering. my Brother's name is John.

(Just a thought) Doesn't love have to go two ways to be love? Can a hateful person who has become toxic from resentment love you in return?

I think....well, in Christ, we are to forgive 70x7. We are to love the un-lovable. We are to love even when it hurts every fiber of our being (I'm writing this as much for me as for you, btw).

The core of Christianity is forgiveness and loved. We are forgiven, we are loved...both of these things are ongoing. Christians "show Christ" when we show love, even (especially?) to the un-loveable and those despitefully use us.

I think....well, in Christ, we are to forgive 70x7. We are to love the un-lovable. We are to love even when it hurts every fiber of our being (I'm writing this as much for me as for you, btw).

The core of Christianity is forgiveness and loved. We are forgiven, we are loved...both of these things are ongoing. Christians "show Christ" when we show love, even (especially?) to the un-loveable and those despitefully use us.
I guess true love is nothing to fear.

That's not only off topic, but it doesn't make sense and if anything it is biased.
biased? it is based on what the origin of the name is from Hebrew. jesus spoke two languages. aramiac and Hebrew. not English. the name of beloved is likely something like yochan. but Its not like I didn't say you were wrong just that in Hebrew its yochan. here are the names of john in other tounges
Spanish, juan
French, jean
irish, sean
german, yohan
Russian, Ivan
Italian, Giovanni

biased? it is based on what the origin of the name is from Hebrew. jesus spoke two languages. aramiac and Hebrew. not English. the name of beloved is likely something like yochan. but Its not like I didn't say you were wrong just that in Hebrew its yochan. here are the names of john in other tounges
Spanish, juan
French, jean
irish, sean
german, yohan
Russian, Ivan
Italian, Giovanni
I have heard several renderings of John in Hebrew.
Which Hebrew do you speak?
I one I was referring to is Yohanan.
The fact that you claimed your rendering to be the correct rendering is biased.

I have heard several renderings of John in Hebrew.
Which Hebrew do you speak?
I one I was referring to is Yohanan.
The fact that you claimed your rendering to be the correct rendering is biased.
there are variations of names. jesus, yeshua, yehoshua, yeshu. just. I know about the yochanan. ashkenazic spelling. you are using the Sephardic rendering. dialects do exist in Hebrew.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back