Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

hatred vs love

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think that a man used his gun to save another in a civilian situation is a wonderful thing.
But I have to ask why he is carrying a gun in the first place.
I feel safe to assume he is not trusting in God.

electricaluser said:
(Just a thought) Doesn't love have to go two ways to be love?

Even the unbelievers love those who love them.

If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? Matthew 5:46 NIV

Christians are called to a higher standard.

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. NIV Matthew 5:44-45a NIV

(Just a thought) Doesn't love have to go two ways to be love? Can a hateful person who has become toxic from resentment love you in return?
if toxic i highly doubt it. the Love of God is shed abroad in our heart by the Holy Ghost. so the only way true love through Christ can be is empowered by the Spirit. even though that person is toxic and the husband/dad i was talking about is just about there. we have talked about salvation early in months back . of course he says he is saved. not my call say NO he aint.. but discernment-his actions show different . he has no ill feelings toward me. he just has a bad cause of me me what about me. resentment that is another can of worms.. so folks are bitter inside and have nothing good to see or say about anybody. i work with a man like this. . lets take the subject of how to LOVE those who are not a lovable personality . as per 1 john 4:18 having place i dunno.it has a point .but not sure it does come into this discussion . but i ask be respectful on scripture replies {
off topic, john in Hebrew is Yochan. the german yohan is closer to it then the English rendering. my Brother's name is John.
That's not only off topic, but it doesn't make sense and if anything it is biased.} plz stay with the subject lover covers all sins . something we a Christians ( me) needs to apply ..i get fed up disgusted and ready call fire down from heaven on them at times lol

if toxic i highly doubt it. the Love of God is shed abroad in our heart by the Holy Ghost. so the only way true love through Christ can be is empowered by the Spirit. even though that person is toxic and the husband/dad i was talking about is just about there. we have talked about salvation early in months back . of course he says he is saved. not my call say NO he aint.. but discernment-his actions show different . he has no ill feelings toward me. he just has a bad cause of me me what about me. resentment that is another can of worms.. so folks are bitter inside and have nothing good to see or say about anybody. i work with a man like this. . lets take the subject of how to LOVE those who are not a lovable personality . as per 1 john 4:18 having place i dunno.it has a point .but not sure it does come into this discussion . but i ask be respectful on scripture replies {
off topic, john in Hebrew is Yochan. the german yohan is closer to it then the English rendering. my Brother's name is John.
That's not only off topic, but it doesn't make sense and if anything it is biased.} plz stay with the subject lover covers all sins . something we a Christians ( me) needs to apply ..i get fed up disgusted and ready call fire down from heaven on them at times lol
Your post about love helps me not to be so scared of the world.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back