Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study HELL DOES NOT EXIST

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Wondering,

Before we make a decision about hell or no hell, we need to know the meanings of 3 words translated by KJV as hell - hades, gehenna, and tartaras.

I'm in hospital again.

Oz

Wondering,
When the LXX translators translated the Hebrew Sheol, they used Hades, the place of the dead.

See Ps 86:13.

Oz

Yes, and that spirit is the breath of life. That's clear in Genesis. There is no "human spirit". Youd do much better with a literal translation.
That breath of life and forming the spirit within man is the same meaning. God made the angels as well and they are not divine either. God is Spirit. Its clear God can form a lesser spirit than His own. The spirit in us is our spirit not Gods Spirit. Those born again have Gods Spirit living with their spirit.

That breath of life and forming the spirit within man is the same meaning. God made the angels as well and they are not divine either. God is Spirit. Its clear God can form a lesser spirit than His own. The spirit in us is our spirit not Gods Spirit. Those born again have Gods Spirit living with their spirit.
Yeah, the spirit in man is God's spirit. It's in all flesh, saved and unsaved. You keep saying there is a human spirit. Please show from Scripture where God put this human spirit in man

Some people refuse to accept what they read.
BTW
The story of the Ark is also not original and neither is the story of Adam and Eve. So what do we do now?
Wondering,

Before we make a decision about hell or no hell, we need to know the meanings of 3 words translated by KJV as hell - hades, gehenna, and tartaras.

I'm in hospital again.

Oz
We've been through the words.
I believe hell exists,,,I don't think knowing what those words mean has anything to do with the question at hand.

It just shows how some words were mistranslated since the English equivalent doesn't exist.

That's not a good excuse in any case.
Think of all the new words that were invented with the advent on the internet/computer...

Yeah, the spirit in man is God's spirit. It's in all flesh, saved and unsaved. You keep saying there is a human spirit. Please show from Scripture where God put this human spirit in man
If I were Gods Spirit I would be Divine.
It is my spirit not Gods.
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

God "forms" the spirit of man within Him. With one born again God gifts His Spirit He does not form another God or Spirit of God. God is Spirit.
Ref Zach 12:1
There is Adam as in the spirit of Adam in the Hebrew which some render of man or human
"the spirit of man" within Him.
אָדָ֖ם
’ā-ḏām

If I were Gods Spirit I would be Divine.
It is my spirit not Gods.
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

For who knows a person's thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

God "forms" the spirit of man within Him. With one born again God gifts His Spirit He does not form another God or Spirit of God. God is Spirit.
Ref Zach 12:1
There is Adam as in the spirit of Adam in the Hebrew which some render of man or human
"the spirit of man" within Him.
אָדָ֖ם
’ā-ḏām
You've failed to show where God put this Human spirit in man. Unless you can do that you have no argument. What is this human breath and where in Scripture do we find God putting it in mam?

You've failed to show where God put this Human spirit in man. Unless you can do that you have no argument. What is this human breath and where in Scripture do we find God putting it in mam?
no I didn't -Zach 12:1 -He forms the spirit of man (adam) within Him.
My spirit is NOT the spirit of God.
You failed to show where God would form another Spirit of God
as the text states "formed"
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me

no I didn't -Zach 12:1 -He forms the spirit of man (adam) within Him.
My spirit is NOT the spirit of God.
You failed to show where God would form another Spirit of God
as the text states "formed"
You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me
Gen 2:7 God breathed into man the breath/spirit of life. That is the spirit in man. It is in all living flesh. Again, where in Scripture do we find God putting a Human breath into man.

God formed the breath in man. That's what we see I. Gen 2:7. What is this human breath you speak of?

Butch5

I have to log off.

Here's how it is:

1. God breathed the breath of life into Adam.

2. Man is made up of
BODY
SOUL
SPIRIT

I just searched the NKJV and found 35 references to the word "hell." Nineteen in the Old Testament and 16 in the New Testament with 11 of them credited to Jesus in the gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke. How can he say it is not in the Bible?

Which OT and NT words are translated as 'hell'? Is that an accurate translation?

Oz

BTW
The story of the Ark is also not original and neither is the story of Adam and Eve. So what do we do now?

We've been through the words.
I believe hell exists,,,I don't think knowing what those words mean has anything to do with the question at hand.

It just shows how some words were mistranslated since the English equivalent doesn't exist.

That's not a good excuse in any case.
Think of all the new words that were invented with the advent on the internet/computer...

wondering,

I'm shocked that you don't accept the Ark and Adam and Eve as original. So you accept they come from non-biblical sources?

What is the meaning of Sheol/Hades? Does their meaning not affect our understanding of what happens at death?

What about Gehenna? Surely it has a great deal to do with the "deepest hell."

Tartarus had a definite meaning in 2 Peter 2:4, "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell [tartarus], and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment" (NIV). The sinning angels have been cast into chains of darkness, awaiting judgment in hell [tartarus]. Some translations use tartarus = hell as with KJV, NIV, NASB20, ESV.

Oz

Gen 2:7 God breathed into man the breath/spirit of life. That is the spirit in man. It is in all living flesh. Again, where in Scripture do we find God putting a Human breath into man.

God formed the breath in man. That's what we see I. Gen 2:7. What is this human breath you speak of?
The Spirit of God breathed. The Spirit of Man was formed.

As I showed from scripture.
Zach 12:1 -...He forms the spirit of man (adam) within Him.

My Spirit is not the Spirit of God. It is the spirit of man.

I know you can read but I disagree with your conclusions.

The Spirit of God breathed. The Spirit of Man was formed.

As I showed from scripture.
Zach 12:1 -...He forms the spirit of man (adam) within Him.

My Spirit is not the Spirit of God. It is the spirit of man.

I know you can read but I disagree with your conclusions.
Well, sure you can disagree. What you can't do is prove fron Scripture what you claim. I can.

Well, sure you can disagree. What you can't do is prove fron Scripture what you claim. I can.
That God forms the spirit within a man =sure I agree
That that Spirit "formed" is the Spirit of God in a man? I don't agree and you haven't proved it. In fact you continue to ignore the scripture I provided you that's states the Spirit of man was formed within him by God.

That God forms the spirit within a man =sure I agree
That that Spirit "formed" is the Spirit of God in a man? I don't agree and you haven't proved it. In fact you continue to ignore the scripture I provided you that's states the Spirit of man was formed within him by God.
I did address it. It's the breath of life, as I said. It's not a human spirit/breath as you claim. That's the spirit that God put in man. You've not yet shown where this supposed human spirit comes from or where God supposedly did it.

I did address it. It's the breath of life, as I said. It's not a human spirit/breath as you claim. That's the spirit that God put in man. You've not yet shown where this supposed human spirit comes from or where God supposedly did it.
Clearly I showed "God" formed the spirit of man within him. So why do you ask where it comes from? It comes from God per God. God created it. It was formed by God. God did not state He formed another Spirit of God within man which is a problem with your theology as well as there is only one God and another will not be formed. Gods Spirit is divine. God is Spirit.

These are Gods words through the prophet
The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares....

That within every man is the spirit of man formed by God.

Clearly I showed "God" formed the spirit of man within him. So why do you ask where it comes from? It comes from God per God. God created it. It was formed by God. God did not state He formed another Spirit of God within man which is a problem with your theology as well as there is only one God and another will not be formed. Gods Spirit is divine. God is Spirit.

These are Gods words through the prophet
The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man within him, declares....

That within every man is the spirit of man formed by God.
Why do you keep ignoring what I asked? For the hundredth time, the spirit in man is the breath of life.

You said there was human spirit in man. Please show from Scripture where this human spirit was put into man.

Spirit is breath so, what is this human breath that you speak of?

Why do you keep ignoring what I asked? For the hundredth time, the spirit in man is the breath of life.

You said there was human spirit in man. Please show from Scripture where this human spirit was put into man.

Spirit is breath so, what is this human breath that you speak of?
The NIV translates the Spirit of Adam as human spirit.
For the 100th answer
The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man (adam) within him,

The NIV translates the Spirit of Adam as human spirit.
For the 100th answer
The Lord, who stretches out the heavens, who lays the foundation of the earth, and who forms the spirit of man (adam) within him,
I already told you the word human wasn't in the verse you posted in either the Greek or Hebrew text. Try a more accurate translation

I already told you the word human wasn't in the verse you posted in either the Greek or Hebrew text. Try a more accurate translation
I looked into it - who forms the spirit "of man" within him. of man is carried over from of Adam.
As in who forms the spirit of Adam within him.
of man or of Adam
The NIV is a accurate rendering. Human spirit as opposed to the spirit of Adam.
God did not state who forms the Spirit of God within man.

I looked into it - who forms the spirit "of man" within him. of man is carried over from of Adam.
As in who forms the spirit of Adam within him.
of man or of Adam
The NIV is a accurate rendering. Human spirit as opposed to the spirit of Adam.
God did not state who forms the Spirit of God within man.
Where do we see God putting a human spirit in man?

What is a human breath,

Back