Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hell for Suicide?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

John

Do you think a loving God would send a person to a place of eternal pain and torture for suicide?

Suicide is murder in the eyes of God.

If an unsaved man commits suicide he only goes to Hell sooner than later.

If a saved man commits suicide he will go to Heaven because even though he sinned he is saved in Christ.

Can I ask why you ask? It's a, uh, odd question...

John said:
What if a Saved person did not wish to go to heaven or hell?

Life is like walking in a tunnel. When we die there are two places we can go, Heaven or Hell. A saved man can only go to Heaven. This is not norse mythology with many forms of Heaven depending on a mans occupation in life.

Again, why do you ask?

John said:
Do you think a loving God would send a person to a place of eternal pain and torture for suicide?

I think a just God (and He is) would save a born again believer because he has taken away all their sins on the cross (and He did), including self murder. God is incapable of breaking his promises and once a believer is saved, he is saved forever.

Because God is just, an unsaved person is condemned to hell - suicide or otherwise dead. There is no sliding them in the back door of heaven because they had a traumatic or difficult life.

John said:
Why would a saved person not wish to go to heaven?

John said:
People send themselves to Hell, and murdering yourself is a sure way to get there.

watchman F said:
John said:
People send themselves to Hell, and murdering yourself is a sure way to get there.

Another reason why i started my other thread about how i gave up Christianity. Division. :salute

hmmm, last I read it is still written, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." (Matt 12:31-32)

I don't think that suicide equates with blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

John said:
Perhaps I'll write out everything i can to paint a better picture of what is going on.
well i will chime in. is there any clinic that is near that can help you with this?
none of us here to my knowledge are able to assist as we arent trained in this.

John said:
I might as well spill the beans since i opened the can. I am talking about me not "another person"
John I say this inlove, and as bluntly as i can because I love you. Nothing that could cause you to want to end your life could possibly compare to eternity in Hell. I beg you to reconcider. Hell is a real place and eternity is a long time.

handy said:
hmmm, last I read it is still written, "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come." (Matt 12:31-32)

I don't think that suicide equates with blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Unless you are a universalist you believe in repentance. Kind of hard to repent for suicide since you would be dead.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Last time i checked killing yourself was not only sin, but wilfull.

I'll wait for you to write out what's going on, John.

Meanwhile, it's never best to contemplate permanent solutions for temporary problems.

As Jason said, most likely no one here is professionally equipped to give you the best aid you can.

However, there are those of us here who dearly love you (even when we want to give you a smack at times) and we will listen and offer what we can for you.

watchman, let's help a person who is hurting on this one. Now that we know that John is speaking personally, we can debate the theological aspects of suicide elsewhere.

watchman F said:
John said:
I'm Done with Christianity.

I remain committed to Christ but not to being 'Christian' or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to 'belong' to this out to lunch, hostile, divided and empty religion. For many years, I've tried to live as a Christian but, I've failed. I do not belong here.

I still Believe and try my best to trust in God but this last year has shaken me to my core. My faith hangs by a thread. The more i am around People, Christians in particular the farther i get away from God. I have seen more strife and heartbreaks while being a Christian then i have seen anywhere else.

Because of all this crap i am done.

John - Not a Christian. :wave
It doesn;t matter what you call youself ''christian'' ''Christ follower'' ect. As long as you place your trust in Christ and Christ alone you will be ok. Sound to me like you place your faith in men or man's system and it failed you. Well it will because men are falling creatures, and man's system were created by falling creature. However I say to you that Christ will never fail you. Trust iis Jesus and in Him alone, and I think your faith will rebound stronger than ever before.
John i want to reiterate to you man it is in Christ that we find our peace, not in christianity. I am praying for you bro.

Yep, and I just sent in a friend request on facebook, just to give another avenue to talk. You are very cared for, John. You really are!!!

John i want to reiterate to you man it is in christ that we find our peace, not in christianity. I am praying for you bro.

:thumb Ditto!!!

If the person is saved, I doubt God would send them to Hell. However...

John said:
Free said:
John said:
Why would a saved person not wish to go to heaven?

I might as well spill the beans since i opened the can. I am talking about me not "another person"

:sad

I won't pretend to understand what is going on in your life, but from experience I can say that I know the feeling and that suicide is not the answer. A permanent solution is not the answer to a temporary problem and trusting in Christ and the Father will lead to better times, in this life or the next. I don't know you personally and wish i could do/say more, but have faith.

:pray

Back