Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hell for Suicide?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Gonna need a time line for this.

School - bullied since primary. Often seen as loner - developed a strong desire to be alone and self reliant. grew to enjoy being alone. Failed twice due to lack of attendance.

First signs of problems post school was while on course in the Military, In a nutshell I was placed with a bunch of people that i could not work with for various reasons, it drove me mad - ended up getting into fight while in Michigan and knocked a bunch of them out - threatened with jail. Resorted to self destructive behavior. Seen psychologist in order to remain in service. Psychologist sessions were conducted i have no clue of the results but i was allowed to remain with the Military.

I was involved in a vehicle collision while in the military where i was the passenger - this caused me to have great anxiety when driving with another person. If i was not driving i did not go in another car.

January 2009

Left military because i was a reservist and was not able to pry out enough income to live.Ended up selling first vehicle and prized possession (my drums) Went to Jasper Alberta working as a night security guard. Worked for about 1 month and bought a truck then got fired. They fired me because i had a starter pistol in my possession. Police were involved but no charges laid or anything because i was not in violation of the law.

Lived in truck/church for 2 weeks while looking for work.

Found job in next town working for a Canadian Tire store. Got an apartment and 600% bike. worked for a few weeks then got fired. The reasons were because A. was in the military and it made others uncomfortable and B. because i had seen a psychologist because i was experiencing depression due to my first firing and temporary homelessness.

I had to sell my truck, bike and what things i had and i also lost my apartment. And hitch hike to Edmonton to get a plane ride back to Nova Scotia to live with my parents.

At this point i racked up 4000$ in credit card dept, 550$ in cell phone charges and had lost everything again.

At this point i have developed onset insomnia and was even more socially withdrawn.

I found work in Alberta once more. I packed up and moved to Kananaskis Alberta. I was a campground maintenance person. I worked there for about a month. I got fired.

I left work early one because i was having great stress at my job. It was not the job it was the people. My boss was insane. The day i left he actually wanted me to use a golf cart to drag dead fall a few kilometers on a highway to the dump. He made false allegations that my driving was bad and such.

Anyway when i got home i decided to make a camp fire to relax, so i grabbed a hatchet and gathered wood. I then decided to hack at a large tree to vent some anger i had built up. I then went inside to get a drink and put some music on and about 10 minutes later the RCMP at at my door weapons drawn.

I would come to learn while in a holding cell in a place called Canmore that my crazy Boss called the RCMP and said that i was waiving an axe around and a loaded shotgun. The guy never laid any charges...but someone else did. My roommate a 15 year old brat told the RCMP that i pointed a shotgun and handgun at him on different occasions between the 7th and 10th of July. (I was arrested on the 19th)

I got 5 charges on me. 2 pointing a firearm, 2 carrying a firearm and one careless storage.

I then spent almost 2 weeks in the Calgary Remand center where i needed to see many psychologists because i passed out due to hyperventilation, i never ate for the 2 weeks. I was finally released on bail.

All the money i saved was needed to go back to Nova Scotia.

Now i have no job, even more dept, I lost everything i had again, i cannot afford a proper lawyer so i have legal aide, my legal aide lawyer knows next to nothing about firearms law, she has already lied to me twice and even said on the phone that "she thinks i am guilty and in denial".

So now i have been diagnosed with PTSD which comes in a nice packages with all the flashbacks, nightmares, no sleep, random fits of anger, hypervigilance. My triggers include people, seeing police or police cars, small spaces such as the backseat of a car or even washroom, discussing the events ( i am only able to type this out with the aide of a few beers, otherwise I'd be a wreck now)

O and if that were not enough i have entertained thoughts of suicide for a few days now. :thumb

Ain't life just wonderful .

FYI: I left out about a hundred other small things as well in the above.

If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
-1 Corinthians 3:15

A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
-Proverbs 18:24

And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
-Psalm 50:14

For with God nothing shall be impossible.
-Luke 1:37
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
- Galatians 2:20

john now that you have opened up, is this the best place to put forth all your business. perhaps pm would be better. i have known of this since our time on fb.

1st Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. 10 But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 11 To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Jesus loves you so much. He think you are beautiful, He thinks you are wonderful. Just lay down your cares place them at His feet and let Him carry your burden. Trust in His love, and not in religion or any other man made devices.

Mathhew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29T ake my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John, are you taking any medications? You don't need to give an answer, just keep in mind that often the meds that they give for things like PTSD can often heighten thoughts of suicide. You do need to make sure that your doctor knows these thoughts.

It's hard to be able to "talk over" such serious issues via forums. I'd truly like to be sitting with you, with whatever beverage of choice and be able to really talk. But, as cumbersome as the net is, hopefully you can gain from this that there are people who do love you, are concerned for you and are hoping and praying for you, John, right now.

Of course, none of us love you as much as the Lord Himself does. And, that might be kind of touchy to say, as you might be feeling that God cannot possibly love you, when you are going through all what you're going through right now.

Just remember that Jesus did tell us that we were going to have tribulation in this world. The word that He used when saying this has the idea of being pressed with heavy weights until one simply dies of the pressure. It sounds as if you are under that kind of pressure.

The other part of that is that Jesus also said that He overcame this world. It is in Him that we all have our "way of escape", that we can find our way out from under the pressure.

Frankly, I don't know what that is for you right now. All I can do, and believe me, I am doing it with all my heart, is to cry out to the Spirit to bring you some peace and some direction. I know others here are doing the same.

John said:
I'll say one thing - I am not going to Jail for something i did not do, and that is a fact.
I certainly wouldn't do anything hasty. your eternal destiny is more important that jail or no jail.

John,

Many people go through times when it seems like there is nothing left. I've considered suicide because I thought I had it rough. I thought I had reached as low as I could go and when I looked up I didn't see anything but darkness. It's rough. Heck, I even tried to kill myself... and I found out that cutting your wrists with the jagged part of a scotch tape dispenser is harder than you think.

When I consider now what I was willing to do then... well I'm just glad that scotch makes duller dispensers than I thought!

Now, I know you are going through a time with the whole Christian label also. That's a toughy, but you don't need to call yourself Christian to know Christ and His love. When you got nothing left but your life, and you lay it all out on the floor... well you still got Christ. He knows and loves you. That's all that really matters.

It's what got me back up off the floor. And once you get up again you realize it ain't no life being stuck on the floor.

Jesus wants to pick you up, you just gotta give Him your hand.

We can bicker about translations and lexicons and what this verse really means. We can go looking for the end of the world 'til Kingdom come, but those ain't the things that matter. It's these times that try the hearts' of men, and don't think it's anything but God's trial. His trials are brutal, brutal, brutal. But ya know what? Once you pass 'em it gets better.

It's like passing school. It seriously sucks, but once you get that diploma, boy you can go places... God's the same way, He's gotta make sure we are spiritually fit for the tasks He appoints us.

God 'll take care of you... He's great that way.

John, no one here is going to be able to effectively minister to you via this forum. I can't possibly understand what it feels like to have experienced what you have. No one can. This is between you and the Lord. But there's part of you that knows what the right thing to do is. Listen to that part, because that part comes from God. The other part comes from he that wants to take you from Him.

Everything but death is temporal. If you do the worst, there is nothing that can change. But if you listen to the Holy Spirit, this too shall pass. Nothing can separate you from the Love of God. I'm not equipped to play "counselor", but the One Counselor is, and He will equip you to face any trial you face.

I can tell you honestly that there's always been something about you I've really liked in the time I've been here. For one thing, your sense of humor. Amazing that you have been blessed with that in spite of all your ordeals. This might be a coping skill He has gifted you with. And in spite of everything, He has sustained your faith. Although it is shaken, it's still there.

But you need to seek help here and now in a practical way in addition to a spiritual way. There must be someone you can turn to talk this through. I sent you a PM when you first posted your other topic, but apparently you're not in the mood for that. More than ever, you need to cling to the only Hope you have left. This world can suck. You know that for sure. But you also know that He has overcome the world. And He will help you overcome this. You're too young to do something like this, as if there's ever a good age to do it. Don't do this, John.

Talk to God, listen to God, and go to that person He is directing you to go to now. This person is waiting to help you out.

John, I'm praying for you through this. "Lord, one of your beloved is hurting in so many ways. Please make Your presence known to him, that he would feel You at this very moment and know Your Love for him. Please, Lord, reach into his heart and give him Your peace that transcends everything he's going through. Right now, in his place, let him know You are real. Surround him with Your Unfailing Love, and protect him from the evil one who is tightening his grip. You are Good, God. You are so very Good. Place your Goodness on John, that he would know Your Goodness and Your promise to him. I pray this in Jesus' Name. Amen."

You are blessed to be a blessing, John. Not to give up.

Be blessed,
Mike

Thanks for all the encouraging words everyone. It is late here and I'm afraid I've had to much drink to reply to most of what was said effectively. I'll have to talk again tomorrow.

Again thanks, it really helps.

John, I'll send you a PM soon, but for now I gotta say, don't give up the life God gave you becasue of temporary problems. It just is not worth it. God has plans for you, trust in Him. :amen :pray

John said:
I'll say one thing - I am not going to Jail for something i did not do, and that is a fact.

And you won't .... God shall be your defender and vindicator.

Isaiah 54:17
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is from Me,†says the LORD.

The Bible also says satan is the accuser, and it looks like he has been having a field day with you. Satan comes to kill, steal and destroy, but Christ came to give you abundant life - John 10:10.

Your life story moved me to tears ..... :crying

But walking out on Christ isn't the solution. On the contrary, this is the time you should get closer to Him, for HE is going to defend you and vindicate you from this traumatic situation. He also promises to take revenge on your enemies (Romans 12:19) ... Dare to believe in His promises !

I pray that God will heal you and deliver you in all areas of your life ..... :pray

Stay strong, Sweetheart ! ... We love you ! ... :adore :smt056

Hey John, perhaps the input of a non-Christian like me is the last thing you want right now, but here it is anyway. I work in mental health and I know how terrible PTSD can be.

It's great that you're reaching out for help and that so many people care about you, but please please get some qualified medical help as well. You've mentioned psychologists and a diagnosis so you're in touch with the right people. You have to tell them about your thoughts of suicide.

Please, please cut out the alcohol at the moment. It makes you more vulnerable. I understand how much you feel you need it right now, but the fact is that you're far more likely to harm yourself when you're drinking.

The fact that you've started this discussion shows that at least part of you cares about what happens in the future. Part of you wants to live. You need people who can help you to listen to that part.

Every day I see people who at one time have been somewhere similar to where you are just now. They're all glad they're still here and I think that one day not too far in the future you'll also look back on this as a dark time that has passed. There's no silver bullet that will remove all your troubles, but if your posts on this forum are anything to go by you have the balls and the sheer bloody-mindedness to come back from this.

Good luck John. I wish there was more I could do for you.

Back