Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Help for Homosexuals

• Thread starter thetruthsetsyoufree
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
T

thetruthsetsyoufree

University students should be equipped intellectually to address claims that homosexuality is genetic and that some are simply born gay. Though scientific studies have shown that homosexuality is (to a certain extent) biologically predisposed, it does not necessarily mean that homosexuals cannot change. University students who are Christians can learn more about homosexuality to, not just address the claims of gay activists, but above all to offer help and hope for struggling homosexuals who wish to overcome their homosexual tendencies and desires. There are many young men out there who wish to change, but do not know how to. Let us be good stewards of the intelligence that God has bestowed upon us to love homosexuals who are struggling against their unwanted homosexual thoughts, feelings and desires.

I advocate the use of psychotherapy. Only the Holy Spirit can sanctify us... but psychotherapy will be a good aid. The homosexual will need all the help he can get.

Please visit these websites.

The Truth Sets You Free
http://thetruthsetsyoufree.wordpress.com
This has both Christian pastoral articles and psychological essays on homosexuality.

But Such Were Some of You
http://butsuchweresomeofyou.wordpress.c ... sexuality/
This is a document explaining how and why the Bible is against homosexuality.

In Your Light Do We See Light
http://inlightseelight.wordpress.com/
This has academic excerpts and quotes which show how being gay is a social construct, and therefore nobody is born gay.

Contact email: lightinyour@gmail.com

It's probably a good idea to know where to direct someone who feel really unhappy with their homosexual desires, but what about those who don't want to change?

I think we need to find ways to guide them to the truth in a way that is not arrogant but also not under- studied. There is evidence that homosexuality is not genetic and thus there is a psychological component to it even if it is not flat out choice. We as Christians should know more than just the passages that say it is sin and be prepared to defend what we feel is truth.

I wonder, when did you chose to be a heterosexual ?

Being gay isn't something that can be "fixed". If homosexuality was something that could be cured I'll bet you anything that most gays would gladly fix it so they wouldn't have to put up with all the crap that they do.

If we want to argue choice then technically everyday a heterosexaul could choose to be hetero. Just as a person chooses the person they desire to be intimate with, a person chooses what gender they decide is attractive to them. A person decides what about a person is attractive. Maybe not in the "I'm going to like women with blue eyes today," Kinda way, but in the simple action of wanting to take a second look when a woman with blue eyes walks by.

Shamwow said:

Being gay isn't something that can be "fixed". If homosexuality was something that could be cured I'll bet you anything that most gays would gladly fix it so they wouldn't have to put up with all the crap that they do.
Funny i don't fall into that category as i was gay , and it was the Lord who did it not me. I just repented, albiet not all will change that way. I remeber that lie and regret it ever since, I used to speak against homosexuality rarely a few years back, be cause most people weren't buying the born that way myth, and most poeple i meet weren't gay, I now speak because that lifestyle is thrust upon us. People should hear the truth. I know firsthand it's a lie that you can't change, people according to science( and its true) are born with a predispositon to being an alcohic, but no one says that they can't change( some on this forum were that way).ThE GOD I SERVE is able to heal and deliver me and you from all manner of sins.

You can fix gay. I am attempting to do so by physical means with my own son, along with medication and therapy. Simple as that I think.

jasoncran said:
Shamwow said:

Funny i don't fall into that category as i was gay , and it was the Lord who did it not me. I just repented, albiet not all will change that way. I remeber that lie and regret it ever since, I used to speak against homosexuality rarely a few years back, be cause most people weren't buying the born that way myth, and most poeple i meet weren't gay, I now speak because that lifestyle is thrust upon us. People should hear the truth. I know firsthand it's a lie that you can't change, people according to science( and its true) are born with a predispositon to being an alcohic, but no one says that they can't change( some on this forum were that way).ThE GOD I SERVE is able to heal and deliver me and you from all manner of sins.

and my gay friend would disagree with you on that. there are psychological components and genetic components both in varying degrees from different people, for instance, there are cases where a child will be molested and the experience then can lead to sex addiction, alienation, and in some cases a lot of confusion leading them to believe they are gay.
On the other end of the spectrum a lot of them are just born gay....this can actually be observed in animals..like sheep.. sheep as far as we can tell are dumb animals driven by instincts and genes. if sheep have a gay gene why cannot humans?
Also i never remember Jesus saying anything about homosexuality being a huge sin so it must not be a huge priority to god.... i mean if Jesus says something quote on quote thats straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

BRAH, the classification of homosexuality as a sin is in the law(old testement), should we eat our children if certain animals do so. Why does the gay rights movement compare themselves to that, even an athiest web site said that. Jesus did fufill the law not elinamate the law. He bore our punishment. Have you accept his death on the cross for you. I did for me. It's in the New testement as well,when Jesus spoke of the punishemnt of Soddom and Gommorah and comparing that judgement to Chorazin,Bethsaida,Capernahum. (Matthew 11:20-24). Those cities he accused had heard the word to repent, whereas Sodom and Gomorrah didn't. He also mentioned that those cities will have a more tolerable judgment than those he accused of rejecting him. He never said that the Judgment of Sodom and Gommorah was wrong or it wasn't about homosexualty, the jews then and know about that story, it's in Genesis 18:16 to 19:29. In Romans 1:27-32 Paul annointed by God to write this spoke about the sin of homosexuality. 1 Timothy 1-11 points out the purpose of the law to bring people to repentence, and Homosexuality is forgivable, and 1 Corinthians 6:9-11. I believe the bible to be innerent, and it's clear on homosexuality. God can change people, and I know he can.

Look for my post on gay rights being taught in school, and no , there no's consensesus on a gay gene either, the apa reasearch states that the tendency to be gay is more or less enviromental then genetic, the apa does believe that there's some genetic factor, but no actual gay gene.

www.narth.com is good website on the gay/gene thing

I agree with Jason and Brah to a certain extent. Yes, the Bible says men should not lay with other men and yes a homosexual can be born gay. There use to be a little boy in elementary that would fight us girls for the dolls during play time and would hang out with us at recess. He is now incredibly flaming. Does he enjoy this lifestyle? I don't know. He may want to change deep inside and doesn't know how. Because the gay community has become more open in recent generations though they were not before, I'd have to say it is possible to control those urges and have a normal family. In the 50's I'm sure a gay man-fearing the repercussions-would marry and have a family (perhaps never giving in to the urges again). Nowadays there is alot of rope for that community causing them to influence impressionable minds. This is done through the media. What do people think allowing gays to marry and adopt children will do to society's morals?

As far as "fixing" a gay, I think this can be done PRE-BIRTH. Unless the person wants to control the urges. I don't believe people are fully aware of how much what they eat affects an unborn child and their genes. Even before the child is conceived, our bodies (especially the mummy's out there) harbor chemicals and hormones from the crap we eat. Some say, well it hasn't been studied enough you can't assume things. A perfect example is how growth hormones have affected little girls puberty and growth. Because of the connection between pre-natal hormones and sexual orientation, I believe that what we eat and expose ourselves to is probably the cause of genetically modified fetuses.

Fembot, u misunderstand the point wether born or not. Homosexuality is still a sin, and he or she can be transformed, thats the power of God. We all are born to sin, but we don't have to die the sinner's death. That's my point.

jasoncran said:
Fembot, u misunderstand the point wether born or not. Homosexuality is still a sin, and he or she can be transformed, thats the power of God. We all are born to sin, but we don't have to die the sinner's death. That's my point.

I understood clearly that being gay is a sin. Hence why I mention that the Bible says men should not lay with other men.
As far as the other posters position: The person who is gay has to want to change. I'm sure prayer can help them come to that conclusion.
Otherwise there are ways to prevent them from being gay in the first place. This includes controlling what hormones they're exposed to in the womb. But that's too far fetched for some, I know.

Blazin Bones said:
a person chooses what gender they decide is attractive to them.
So let me get this straight (ugh OK pun intended) you are saying that you can choose to be gay if you wish it to be so?

C

Yes I do and Ray Boltz is a Perfect Example. He loved his wife and children with her and yet after many years of marriage he announces that he is Gay? Either he is so weak in his homosexuality that he allowed himself to put up with years of marriage or he is just recently deciding to be Gay.

Blazin Bones said:
Yes I do and Ray Boltz is a Perfect Example. He loved his wife and children with her and yet after many years of marriage he announces that he is Gay? Either he is so weak in his homosexuality that he allowed himself to put up with years of marriage or he is just recently deciding to be Gay.

I do not know this person, but maybe he was just bi-sexual all these years ? There is such a thing. Personally I think if you asked most people, they will tell you they are not able to choose their sexuality. I am 53 and have never met anybody who changed anything about their sexual orientation through mere choice.I also think, that when somebody who is gay, becomes a Christian, it will be God who changes them, just the same as it is God who releases us all from sin. We have nothing to do with it, because God says: He will not share His glory.

Well that may be true, but who empowers the mind to make decisions? God does. He does not make them for us, but he gave us our minds so that we mind have the ability to make choices. If he gives us a mind that is able to choose Not to be Gay, he still receives the glory in the eyes of those who are his.

Greetings!

I had just left the Summer of my 4th grade year and it was my first day in the 5th grade. Yep! Nine or ten years old and so full of mischief. Our teacher (she had dull red hair, pulled back into a bun - I remember that much) spoke to us about "Idiosyncrasy" and while defining the word she said she could be considered "idiosyncratic" because she (and her family) did not have a Television.

She was very engaging though; I remember thinking that I liked her. During the discourse she happened to use the word "gay" and heard the class snicker. Of course she meant "happy" or "joyful" but was curious because she suspected that the meaning of the word might have changed over the summer.

Since then everyone in the world knows what the term "means" and nobody snickers anymore. Schools have changed. So have we. Knowledge is being poured out onto the whole earth. Will wisdom follow? Hold onto your hats, kids - I think it may.

In the meantime I've pondered some of the terms that I've heard. When I ponder such things, and if I do this well, it is with a bible in my hands and only then after having asked that I am guided by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is absolutely Holy, there is less than zero sin there (if you get my meaning): Holy and separate from sin. When speaking about sexual sin I've heard men use the word "Abomination" and something stuck in my craw about that.

So here I am studying... and I find myself in Proverbs:
The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.
The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.
I turn to the next chapter (chapter 11) and see:

Pro 11:1 A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
Pro 11:2 When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.

Imagine that! But then, add to this the following:

Pro 20:23 Divers weights are an abomination unto the LORD; and a false balance is not good.
Pro 20:24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?
Pro 20:25 It is a snare to the man who devoureth that which is holy, and after vows to make enquiry.

It is therefore my heart to understand that the Word of God makes no distinction between one man's sin and another. God is no respecter of persons. Provision has been made for each man. Each and every one who calls out, who asks, who seeks shall be brought to the simple truth. Our main commandment, the First of the two great commandments is to Love God. To love Him with our whole hearts, with all our mind and with all our strength. I believe that nobody save Jesus has done this perfectly but that He was the firstfruit of the earth.

I further believe that we of the church can not actually love God unless we love our neighbor. How can we love the invisible if we can not love the visible? When the word of God went to the Gentiles it went to all of them. Not one was outside of the net of corruption that had been cast over each an every sinner. But now we hear a new voice. This one says, "Come and I will make you followers of men." == ahhhhh.... wait, I'll try again... This one says, "Come and I will make you FISHERS of men."

Our God is a master fisherman. He desires to strengthen His net (us) and bind us together in true bonds of love and it doesn't matter the depth of sin we've individually come from. I've spoken to Christians who were ex-Satanists, to those who were deeply involved in Witchcraft and Sorcerers and those hopelessly addicted to drugs and to those enslaved to "various flavors" of sexual sin. I'm fairly sure we each have. One thing in common to all of us though - at some point in time God breathed his Word into us -- we heard. The 'hearing' is also God given -- He causes us to hear. And then we were given the grace to turn toward Him and away from that which had ensnared and enslaved.

Consider this: God is infinite. Infinity minus X = infinity. I like math, maybe you do too? This means that it is just as easy (and just as 'difficult') for God to create the entire universe as it is for Him to any thing we might consider "small". It is as easy for him to shake the Mountain while he spoke to the children of Israel in the desert as it is for Him to speak to my heart. The same amount of effort. We are more valuable than Creation. We learn to trust Him even as we follow Him, yes?

The same promise that is given to you is also the same one that I oftentimes desperately cling to: Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow! I've been in a place where I thought I was permanently slidden back. My comment? That place may be worse than what is considered being "gay".

This is the time that is spoken of in the parable:

For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard. And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard. And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace, And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way. Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.

And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle? They say unto him, "Because no man hath hired us". He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.

It must be the 11th hour now right? My conclusion is evidenced upon cripples like me given their hire. Oh! lol - even though the KJV translates the wage as a "penny" I understand that what was offered was a "days wage" - the amount of pay equal to what it costs to live. You probably knew that already, just saying...

~Sparrow

The hour has a special meaning in Jewish law. "The third hour of the day" doesn't mean 3:00 a.m., or three sixty-minute hours after sunrise. Rather, an hour in halacha is calculated by taking the total time of daylight of a particular day, from sunrise until sunset,1 and dividing it into twelve equal parts. A halachic hour is thus known as a sha'ah zemanit, or proportional hour, and varies by the season and even by the day.

For example, on a day when the sun rises at 5 a.m. and sets at 7:30 p.m., one sha'ah zemanit, or proportional hour, will be 72.5 minutes long. The third hour of the day will come to a close at 8:37:30 a.m.

My best friend in high school came out and I was the seond person he told. He explained to me that when he had his first girlfriend (before coming out) he got disgusted when he kissed her and wasn't turned on. But when he would look at some men he got aroused. So, he figured out that he had 0% attraction to a woman. His parents are very religious, so he hid from them. Bet "in the old days" this friend would have had to get married and do the whole coverup.
I never asked him if he wants to change. But I know he covers up well in front of his parents (his brother knows). What a life! Why would someone go through all of that if they could flip a switch and stop it?

Why do some men marry a woman and then continue sexual relations with men on the side?

This problem exists in large numbers of marriages where the husband was hiding his urge for men, then the wife finds out this horrible truth by getting tested for HIV. By that time, it is too late. Large numbers of women have reported finding out this way.

So, a homosexual has to want to change

women need to start paying attention to what chemicals in our environment (and bodies) are doing to babies

and people need to stop acting like being gay is like choosing which tie you're gonna wear today.

Let's pray for them, let's ask that they get the best help they can and turn to God for guidance. In this society it is becoming more and more cool and accepted. Lord we pray that gays walk away from the temptations of the world. Bless our future children to see what is wrong with the whole and that they will resisit the negative influences in this world. Amen.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back