Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Help for Homosexuals

• Thread starter thetruthsetsyoufree
  • Start date

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Fembot said:
Let's pray for them, let's ask that they get the best help they can and turn to God for guidance. In this society it is becoming more and more cool and accepted. Lord we pray that gays walk away from the temptations of the world. Bless our future children to see what is wrong with the whole and that they will resisit the negative influences in this world. Amen.
Sorry, Fembot. I can't pray for "them". I can only pray for "us" who are sinners. That's what I was trying to say above - it is an abomination for me to put my thumb on the side of my scales of justice and draw that line. There is no line except the one that sin draws between God and man.

Our thanks to Jesus that line is abolished and the authority to become sons of God is given to us.

• And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
    [/*:m:21fuh8nf]
  • If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
    All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
    [/*:m:21fuh8nf]
  • We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. [/*:m:21fuh8nf]
  • Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.
    (1Jn 5:14-18)[/*:m:21fuh8nf]

~Sparrowhawke

I'm gay.

In advance I am not trying to say that homosexual sex is a okay in the Christian belief. I have no desire to recruit or encourage people to switch sides, nor claim that same gender relationships are innocences and moral. I'm also a Psychology major.

These days I see the word sexuality thrown around as if its the new magic word to just use in any situation. Some things to know about sexuality is that its not based 100% on physical contact. Sexuality is partly physical, emotional, and psychological. Men who call themselves gay are attracted to men emotionally and physically. Same with women. Sexuality also isn't black and white and is quite fluid and can change throughout life, but not quite as drastic as some wish.

The whole genetics argument doesn't hold much weight , even as a gay male, I don't subscribe to it. Some of the current hypothesis for males is estrogen levels, birth order, and the the female immune system identifying the male fetus as a threat as results for homosexuality. I hold that there are environmental factors alongside birth factors that result in orientation.

I don't see why so many want homosexuals to change either, wouldn't celebecy be enough? Why is it so important that we develop sexual feelings and attractions to the opposite gender?

I figured out I like men when I hit puberty. I denied it at first and just thought the idea of nudity in general was the cause. I learned early though, that I had no emotional attraction to girls. I found some girls pretty and could acknowledge some where attractive but I was not interested in sex with them.

I tried changing my orientation, and I mean TRIED REALLY REALLY HARD. I prayed, I caused massive depression on myself, and I even tried dating. Nothing worked. I was very lonely for my teenage years. I had the part of my mind telling me that men where hot, then another part telling me how bad bad bad that was, and my surroundings that were constantly telling me I'm a monster for what I am. I had allot of motivation to change, but it wasn't helping. I tried to find help, but no one could relate. None of my straight male friends ever had to deal with what I had to. Allot of people don't even understand what its like to be told day in and out that my simple attraction to the same sex is so horrible. I actually ended up hating myself and thought of suicide a few times. I went to conversion therapy sites and tried the techniques and talked to people on the forums. All the sites could do was help me suppress my attraction but not actually make feeling for the opposite sex appear.

In the end I just admitted to myself that I'm gay. I've managed to climb out of depression and like myself again. The first time since puberty. I have lusty feelings, but I don't see how these feelings are any different from a straight person having lusty feelings for the opposite sex. I'm not promiscuous and I've come to actually learn about my fellow homosexuals. I learned that we aren't all flaming queens and we come from all walks of life. Heck if you saw me on the street you wouldn't know I was gay unless I told you.

So to sum it all up, I don't know if its genetic, But I sure didn't choose this.

Greetings Lance!

And here we meet again. By now you've figured out that I can be somewhat wordy at times. Maybe it can be shortened it to a single question? May I call you "friend"?

~Sparrow
"Blessed is the man who declares his love openly for Christians."

lance, if i may ,those in the gay lifestyle wanted to change it was by their chose and the power of god, i wont, wont force u too, so if u hear me talk on this issue alot it because i'm other side of that seek that noone is decieved, but i do understand ur view and will remain sesitive and i avoid any of that hate speech, i believe that the lbgt lifestyle is wrong, but that those persons are still people that need jesus.

I'm also a Psychology major.

I guess you never read the following.

So to sum it all up, I don't know if its genetic, But I sure didn't choose this.

Homosexuality is an issue that has often been mishandled by therapists due to misinformation on the topic. Although not supported by the research, many therapists believe that homosexuality is solely biological in nature, and therefore unchangeable. Yet despite ongoing efforts, researchers have not discovered a biological basis for same-sex attractions. In fact, many researchers hypothesize that a homosexual orientation stems from a combination of biological and environmental factors.

For example, when asked if homosexuality was rooted solely in biology, gay gene researcher, Dean Hamer, replied, "Absolutely not. From twin studies, we already know that half or more of the variability in sexual orientation is not inherited. Our studies try to pinpoint the genetic factors...not negate the psychosocial factors" (Anastasia, 1995, p. 43). In addition, brain researcher Simon LeVay has acknowledged that multiple factors may contribute to a homosexual orientation (LeVay, 1996).

What, then, are the causes of homosexual attractions? These feelings typically stem from a combination of temperamental factors and environmental factors that occur in a child's life. According to Whitehead and Whitehead (1999), "Human behavior is determined by both nature and nurture. Without genes, you can't act in the environment at all. But without the environment your genes have nothing on which to act" (p. 10). One way of understanding this combination might be expressed in the following equation:

Genes + Brain Wiring + Prenatal Hormonal Environment = Temperament
Parents + Peers + Experiences = Environment
Temperament + Environment = Homosexual Orientation

The rest of the article: http://www.narth.com/docs/hom101.html

John said:
I'm also a Psychology major.

I guess you never read the following.

[quote:2wg6uwu5]So to sum it all up, I don't know if its genetic, But I sure didn't choose this.

Homosexuality is an issue that has often been mishandled by therapists due to misinformation on the topic. Although not supported by the research, many therapists believe that homosexuality is solely biological in nature, and therefore unchangeable. Yet despite ongoing efforts, researchers have not discovered a biological basis for same-sex attractions. In fact, many researchers hypothesize that a homosexual orientation stems from a combination of biological and environmental factors.

For example, when asked if homosexuality was rooted solely in biology, gay gene researcher, Dean Hamer, replied, "Absolutely not. From twin studies, we already know that half or more of the variability in sexual orientation is not inherited. Our studies try to pinpoint the genetic factors...not negate the psychosocial factors" (Anastasia, 1995, p. 43). In addition, brain researcher Simon LeVay has acknowledged that multiple factors may contribute to a homosexual orientation (LeVay, 1996).

What, then, are the causes of homosexual attractions? These feelings typically stem from a combination of temperamental factors and environmental factors that occur in a child's life. According to Whitehead and Whitehead (1999), "Human behavior is determined by both nature and nurture. Without genes, you can't act in the environment at all. But without the environment your genes have nothing on which to act" (p. 10). One way of understanding this combination might be expressed in the following equation:

The rest of the article: http://www.narth.com/docs/hom101.html[/quote:2wg6uwu5]Actually, I never said it was genetic. I even state in my post that I don't believe in a gene theory. Still doesn't mean I chose to be attracted to the gender I'm attracted to.

Still doesn't mean I chose to be attracted to the gender I'm attracted to.

Not directly anyway. Like the research suggests:

You simply had the "right" ingredients :)

jasoncran said:
lance, if i may ,those in the gay lifestyle wanted to change it was by their chose and the power of god, i wont, wont force u too, so if u hear me talk on this issue alot it because i'm other side of that seek that noone is decieved, but i do understand ur view and will remain sesitive and i avoid any of that hate speech, i believe that the lbgt lifestyle is wrong, but that those persons are still people that need jesus.
As I stated, I have no delusions of the entirety of LGBT life styles as corespondent with Christian Morals. I hold no ill will to those who do want to change. I don't agree with heavy drug use or using bath houses. As far as the lifestyle is concerned is occasional dancing at clubs and just being with friends. :)

Sparrowhawke said:
Greetings Lance!

And here we meet again. By now you've figured out that I can be somewhat wordy at times. Maybe it can be shortened it to a single question? May I call you "friend"?

~Sparrow
You may call me friend. Thank you kindly.

Lance_Iguana said:
jasoncran said:
As I stated, I have no delusions of the entirety of LGBT life styles as corespondent with Christian Morals. I hold no ill will to those who do want to change. I don't agree with heavy drug use or using bath houses. As far as the lifestyle is concerned is occasional dancing at clubs and just being with friends. :)
i always wonder at the varying types of gays some are the typical steroetype many aren't .

jason

jasoncran said:
Lance_Iguana said:
jasoncran said:
i always wonder at the varying types of gays some are the typical steroetype many aren't .

jason
There are so many labels and sub labels and cliques it isn't funny. There's a joke on a gay themed show that spends an entire episode naming off different groups and sexualities while the story keeps going on around it. It was quite funny. If the Acronym had a letter for every variant sexuality and fetish, it would look like a form letter. :lol

it seems to be that way with that lifestyle as from once a gay and now outsider, everyoone i've met is unique.

jason

Sparrow:If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Yes, Sparrow! I have even quoted this before :oops

Yep, that's it!

We cannot see within a man. If any are involved in sexual sin - can we know to what extent? Would it be fair for you to conclude me a sinner most foul when you read my prayer request? Perhaps, but I thank God that this is reserved unto Jesus for both you and me (and for all our friends here).

~Sparrow

Lance_Iguana said:
Sparrowhawke said:
Greetings Lance!

~Sparrow
You may call me friend. Thank you kindly.
And you. Consider it done my friend.

~SparrowHawke /// HeWhoRemembers /// [*First_Name sent by PM], friend of Lance.
but shhhhh, please. Call me Sparrow because my private name is private

I'm not sure you can pick what you like. I love onions, and I can't choose not to like them. If I followed a holy book that told me not to eat them, that is possible, however.

AskTheA said:
I'm not sure you can pick what you like. I love onions, and I can't choose not to like them. If I followed a holy book that told me not to eat them, that is possible, however.
with this type of sin, only the power of christ gives one the strength to change.

There are documented cases of ex-homosexuals. So saying it cannot be helped is a lie. Romans says that unrepentant homosexuals have been given over to a reprobate mind. The word reprobate means to utterly corrupt--beyond repair. It is a consequence of pride and a hardened heart--not homosexuality in and of itself.

Can a pedophile help his depraved mind? Some children are literally genius'. Some have the mental capacity to not only consent, but surpass most adults. A mentally handicapped person is capable of consent but a 17 year old isn't? Neat.

Darwinism would seem to suggest that a person is ready for intercourse when they biologically mature. (Letting nature interpret nature) Why is it convenient to abandon biology's self governing now, you who preach darwinism?

The same chapter of the Bible that forbids homosexuality also forbids incest and beastiality. I have never heard the two consenting adults straw man to defend incest. Animals have been known to initiate sex with humans. Consent is void in these instances, yet those who promote homosexual tolerance, (rightfully) judge against these examples. Why do you pick and choose which perversion of nature is permissible, you who preach blind tolerance?
You hypocrites.

I'll make it simple:

Homosexuality is NOT genetic.

Proof:

Take 100 sets of identical twins where homosexuality is present.

You will find some cases where one twin is a homosexual and one twin is heterosexual. You will find cases where both are homosexual. Empirically, you will probably end up with approximately 50% both twins gay and 50% one gay one straight.
If it is genetic, it should be virtually 100% every time.

Numbers do not lie.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back