Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Here's a Poll just because I'm curious

Can a true believing Mormon receive salvation (assuming they believe in Jesus)?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
By true believing I mean believes in the Mormon version of Jesus and salvation, which is works based.

Last edited:
If a person is a "true believing Mormon" they will not also believe in the Jesus of the Christian Bible. (I assume by "true believing" you mean truly believing in all of the Mormon doctrine, not just going to that "church" because that's just what they've always done or because that's just what their family's always done.) The two beliefs are incompatible. Many Mormons think they believe in the "same" Jesus because they don't truly understand the doctrine of Mormonism or they don't understand the doctrine of Christianity in order to know the difference. But if you really look at the details of their doctrine, it's not so. This is why a "true believing Mormon" can't be saved unless they change their beliefs and leave Mormonism. Mormon doctrine is not a Christian doctrine and they are not a Christian church.

Last edited:
I knew a Mormon once, he believed in Jesus.
Other things of course, we did not agree.
This one believed that one should not have more than one wife.

The LDS Church (Mormons) does not currently believe in polygamy - though many think it will come back some day. The FLDS are the ones who believe in and live polygamy.

If a mormon, jehovah's witness, muslim, budist, or whatever religion they are believed in Jesus according to our Holy Bible, and that He is the Savior, who died for our sins. Then yes i believe they would go to heaven. But like Obadiah said, if they believe in thr Jesus that their religion teaches, then no.

I knew a Mormon once, he believed in Jesus.
Other things of course, we did not agree.
This one believed that one should not have more than one wife.
Yeah, it's remotely possible for someone who attends a Mormon church to believe in the Jesus that is talked about in Christian scriptures. But to do that they can't truly believe in what the Mormon church teaches. Mormons talk about believing in Jesus, but when you look closely at their doctrine, it's obvious that the Jesus and the God they believe in are NOT the same as described in the Christian scriptures. Only if they believe in the Jesus of the Bible can they be saved. As Fish Catcher Jim has posted a couple of times: "Who so ever (believes)". But that belief has to be in the Jesus of the Christian Bible. I suppose it's possible for a person to somehow learn of the true Jesus, accept Him and dedicate their lives to Him and still continue to go to a Mormon church, but it's a hard thing for me to imagine doing. Seems totally counterproductive to me.

Last edited:
Yes, I get ya,
But
We have how many denominations amongst ourselves?
If one does not believe like a Baptist, but is a Protestant, do they have 2 different Jesus's?

We all think we have the truth...
But some has to be wrong, right?
I never cared for denominations, it means division.
I have a Church, not built with hands.

Yes, I get ya,
But
We have how many denominations amongst ourselves?
If one does not believe like a Baptist, but is a Protestant, do they have 2 different Jesus's?

We all think we have the truth...
But some has to be wrong, right?
I never cared for denominations, it means division.
I have a Church, not built with hands.
That's not a good comparison. The difference in beliefs between the Mormon religion and Christianity is far different then the differences between mainline Christian denominations such as Baptists, Lutherans, etc. All mainline Christian denominations believe in the same God, the same Son of God, and believe in the same scriptures. Mormons do not, even though they try to say they do. The two religions are not compatible.

...I have a Church, not built with hands.
Uh, you do realize we aren't talking about buildings, right???

There are a few that have said some things that made me think they might be Mormon, but I don't recall any coming right out and saying they were. At least not while I've been here.

Hmmm... Interesting

We should start a poll on what denom everyone is. Surely it will bring us all together :tongue

(im just yankin your chain!)

Hmmm... Interesting

We should start a poll on what denom everyone is. Surely it will bring us all together :tongue

(im just yankin your chain!)
LOL! Oh yeah, THAT'S gonna turn out real good! :biggrin2

Put it in the A&T forum where I'm assigned to moderate. That way I can create unity by simply banning everyone who's not part of my preferred denomination. Yeah, that'll work. :yes

If a person is a "true believing Mormon" they will not also believe in the Jesus of the Christian Bible. (I assume by "true believing" you mean truly believing in all of the Mormon doctrine, not just going to that "church" because that's just what they've always done or because that's just what their family's always done.) The two beliefs are incompatible. Many Mormons think they believe in the "same" Jesus because they don't truly understand the doctrine of Mormonism or they don't understand the doctrine of Christianity in order to know the difference. But if you really look at the details of their doctrine, it's not so. This is why a "true believing Mormon" can't be saved unless they change their beliefs and leave Mormonism. Mormon doctrine is not a Christian doctrine and they are not a Christian church.
I agree with you Obadiah.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back