Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Here's a Poll just because I'm curious

Can a true believing Mormon receive salvation (assuming they believe in Jesus)?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Does this include Muslims too then, in your opinion?

This next passage answers your question.

Romans 2....(NKJV)
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Thoughts?

LOL! Oh yeah, THAT'S gonna turn out real good! :biggrin2

Put it in the A&T forum where I'm assigned to moderate. That way I can create unity by simply banning everyone who's not part of my preferred denomination. Yeah, that'll work. :yes
LOL I think I should be a moderator just so I can rule the forum.................MUAH HA HA HHAAAA:eek2

(the smilies don't have eggs)

smileys-eggs-771525.gif

That's not a good comparison. The difference in beliefs between the Mormon religion and Christianity is far different then the differences between mainline Christian denominations such as Baptists, Lutherans, etc. All mainline Christian denominations believe in the same God, the same Son of God, and believe in the same scriptures. Mormons do not, even though they try to say they do. The two religions are not compatible.

Uh, you do realize we aren't talking about buildings, right???

My neighbor is a Mormon and this is what they believe about Christ, she gave me this paper.

Our relationship to Christ
Main idea:
Jesus Christ is our Creator, Savior, and Redeemer-the light and life of the world. By Him we shall be judged.
His atoning sacrifice assures each of us of a resurrection from death and opens the way to redemption from sin.

Outline:
We can have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ, in His premortal spirit state, created the earth and everything on it.

Jesus Christ overcame death and thus brought to pass the resurrection of every person.

In the atonement, Jesus Christ took upon himself the suffering that provides for redemption from our sins, if we repent and keep His commandments.

We begin to make the Savior's atonement effective in our lives by repenting and being baptized.

Jesus Christ will be our judge.

Now, does this sound like a different Jesus?
As I said, we believe in different doctrines on certain things.

I am not a Mormon, I have no denomination,
If one says so, they bare false witness .
By reading this board, I see a lot of different doctrines, which I totally disagree with.
Does that not make you or me a Christian?

My neighbor is a Mormon and this is what they believe about Christ, she gave me this paper.

Our relationship to Christ
Main idea:
Jesus Christ is our Creator, Savior, and Redeemer-the light and life of the world. By Him we shall be judged.
His atoning sacrifice assures each of us of a resurrection from death and opens the way to redemption from sin.

Outline:
We can have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ, in His premortal spirit state, created the earth and everything on it.

Jesus Christ overcame death and thus brought to pass the resurrection of every person.

In the atonement, Jesus Christ took upon himself the suffering that provides for redemption from our sins, if we repent and keep His commandments.

We begin to make the Savior's atonement effective in our lives by repenting and being baptized.

Jesus Christ will be our judge.

Now, does this sound like a different Jesus?
As I said, we believe in different doctrines on certain things.

I am not a Mormon, I have no denomination,
If one says so, they bare false witness .
By reading this board, I see a lot of different doctrines, which I totally disagree with.
Does that not make you or me a Christian?
As I said, many Mormons will say they believe in the same Jesus. That paper doesn't really match up with true Mormon doctrine. But it sounds like you would like to believe your neighbor is saved, and this is the lounge so I don't think it's really the place to get into a deep theological debate, so I'll just say that I hope your neighbor has parted with true Mormon doctrine and believes more along the line of what you posted above.

There are some doctrinal differences you can have and still be a Christian. There are other doctrinal differences that disqualify you from being a Christian. There's a difference.

Awhile back I got invited by a Mormon for easter or something, and I told him no, I'm just Christian and he said, yeah, it's the same thing! I politely turned him down.

As I said, many Mormons will say they believe in the same Jesus. That paper doesn't really match up with true Mormon doctrine. But it sounds like you would like to believe your neighbor is saved, and this is the lounge so I don't think it's really the place to get into a deep theological debate, so I'll just say that I hope your neighbor has parted with true Mormon doctrine and believes more along the line of what you posted above.

There are some doctrinal differences you can have and still be a Christian. There are other doctrinal differences that disqualify you from being a Christian. There's a difference.
Well evidently they have different denominations amongst the Mormons.
She gave me official booklets stating the same.
Yes, this is a lounge, but someone asked the question about Mormons, thus replied.

:)

Well evidently they have different denominations amongst the Mormons.
She gave me official booklets stating the same.
Yes, this is a lounge, but someone asked the question about Mormons, thus replied.

:)

I had two best friends in high school who were mormon, and like Obadiah said, they may look the same, but what is taught when you get deeper or have spent more time with the church is different. I still care very deeply for them both! So trust me when i say there is no judgement!
Blessings to you!

Awhile back I got invited by a Mormon for easter or something, and I told him no, I'm just Christian and he said, yeah, it's the same thing! I politely turned him down.

I never got invited to the church services, just dances and decorating the naval hospital (my favorite)...oh and one of my friends weddings.

This next passage answers your question.

Romans 2....(NKJV)
11 For there is no partiality with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Thoughts?

Muslims in general don't believe in Jesus so I guess what I'm asking is, do you believe that even non believers in Jesus will receive salvation? That's what I understood by you saying that church membership doesn't matter. Is that what you meant?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back