Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hidden Message in Genesis 5!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Single words being found here and there would easily be coincidental. But the fact that in every beginning chapter of the Torh (except Leviticus, where is spelled YWHW, or the name of God) reduces the probability of coincidence to a mere 0.0000047 or in that neighborhood) the same words being spelled out in the same fashion eliminates the possibility of coincidence. This number and info came from our own NSA and their work. Not bible believing people. Our government tried to discredit it and came up with the same results as the mathematicians. It's all in the video. Interviews with Government people who worked on the project, Rabbis, scholars, mathematicians...all very credible people, who all get the same exact results!

I believe that to suggest that a bunch of rabbis or sages from biblical times conspired to do this, and achieved it...is very far fetched.

That's okay, Edward. Have fun in your belief of The Creator of the Universe placing codes in the Bible that people won't discover for four thousand years. He is obviously a God who just does it for the lulz, just to mess with people. Just remember, if the greatest mathematicians in the world don't agree with you, then it's probably you who is mistaken.

This validates the scriptures (and the OT in particular) as being designed and inspired by God! That's huge!

Basically up until the re-establishment of Israel as a nation, the Hebrew language was basically dead. Hebrew is the language God breathed life into existence with, and the language that was written into the bible, beginning with the first five books of the bible. Torah scrolls are painstakingly copied to ensure the word is preserved alive and true. I would stake a good part of my pride on the basis that Torah scrolls are very near, or exact replicas of what they were 3000 years ago. God preserved his Word, and I believe these revelations, not new doctrines, is amazing stuff.

Every jot and tittle told a story and this is being revealed with the resurrection of the Hebrew language. If people don't believe it, that's fine. But it's not heretical or blasphemous as it is a continual affirmation what an amazing God we have.

Greek (and Latin) have been the choice of science and medicine because of the detail that the language lends itself to. Hebrew too, to my way of thinking, was chosen because of the characteristics of the language.

The language that was used by those who witnessed the ministry, death, resurrection and ascension of Jesus was very precise in its nature.
This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
Such depth to be found in the study of these words... but wait, there's more...

Peter continues his thought and touches on what was revealed:
Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you, when they spoke of the things that have now been told you by those who have preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Even angels long to look into these things.

1Peter 1:10-12 NIV

Consider how a rich, poetic language filled with allusion, analogy and such rich sound is used to carry the first parts of the message and how a language of precise meaning is used to explain (almost technically) the same message. All chosen and influenced (inspired, carried) through His wisdom.

Another interesting tid bit. Zephaniah 3:8 has all the Hebrew letters and their final forms and is the only verse in the OT with this anomaly. But what's cool is the verse immediate afterwards.

9 “For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the Lord,
To serve Him shoulder to shoulder.

One day we will all speak the same language. It won't be English, or Chinese, or Pakistani. It will be Hebrew we will be speaking I reckon.

Looking for a picture - my clue is that it begins with a "C" and that typically I rename my pictures... should be easy (lol)
one second.... processing ....

Who knows what Chia Pets are? Nevermind, that's how my mind works: association.
Here's the picture:
chias3s_zps28159708.jpg

Know you this? It makes for a good starting point even with Google Search as you only friend.

Here is my Google search string: " chiasmus examples in bible " for a quick jump-start.

Technically it isn't a code and it certainly isn't a proof of God's inspiration but if you've not experienced it before, prepare for a new way of looking for things. Other examples of this device may be found in many, many ancient literary works and oratories.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is really interesting, of course I immediately had to google my name, both first and last because you piqued my interest.

I was surprised......

Interesting.
I've been researching tis a little more too and there's a lot more code type messages falling out of the Torh than I was aware of when I first opened this thread. ALl along the same nature, with no reading onto it, merely seeing what is there.

I did not figure this out myself, but was pointed to it and find it so amazing that I'd thought I would share. Interestingly, I find that it seems to give credence to that Genesis is in fact the inspired Word of God. Some on the board here hold Genesis to be uninspired, history, or a fairy tale. This may or may not discourage those notions depending on your perspective. Anyway, in Genesis chapter 5 we have geneologies which document the line from Adam to Noah. If you make a list of these, and go back and write in the meanings of the names, you get a message! geneology goes from top to bottom, the message is read from top to bottom. a It goes like this:

Adam..........=............Man
Seth...........=............Appointed
Enosh.........=.............Mortal
Cainan........=.............Sorrow
Mahalalel.....=.............The Blessed God
Jared..........=.............Shall come down
Enoch.........=.............Teaching
Methuselah..=.............His Death Shall Bring
Lamech.......=.............The Despairing
Noah..........=.............Comfort

Isn't that wild?! That's absolutely amazing! To me, no simple documentation of history or fairy tale would have such a significant message attached to it. This is no coincidence. Genesis is the inspired Word of God and this is proof in my mind. It would take a pretty hardened heart to not see the inspiration in this. Praise the Lord! :pray

I have studied Genesis for the reason you have posted this. God reveals to his people the truth. He has blinded the eyes of the non-believer.
Genesis is the key that unlocks Gods word in all the Scriptures.
Take note of the children of Adam in your list. You will see two names are missing. Cain, and Able. Why?
There are many trees in the Bible. All are taken as symbolic but one…the tree in the Garden. Why?
These things, missing names, trees, tell the truth about what really took place in the Garden, and its results.
Nothing can destroy, or even mare Gods truth…
Read the forum rules.

TND, you seem to speak with a lot of confidence with your statement. How do you know for sure?
Mainly because someone did the same thing with Moby Dick. Do you think Melville's work is "inspired"?

http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdul-rahman_klimaszewski/more_bible_codes_fraud.htm

Here's just a few

image001.gif

image003.gif

image004.gif

Same thing with Lincoln and Kennedy, as you will see by clicking on the link. You can do it with any book. You just have to decide in advance what you want it to say, and then find a way to say it that appears to be a "randomly established" pattern.

Jewish mathematicians allegedly "discovered" this "code" in the book of Genesis. There are two problems with their methods, though.

(1) There are several other Hebrew versions of Genesis for which the method does not produce statistically significant results.
(2) The appellations given to the Great Men in Israel was inconsistent and arbitrary; in other words, they don't necessarily say what they are said to say.

This is not something new.

Satan always copies what our God does…to discredit what God has done.

This is an old trick of Satans. Satan’s Governments do the same thing. If somebody has real evidence of say, UFO’S, the Government will start having crazy stories come out from people that are not real. Such as, “Oh a UFO picked me up, and they want me to be their Queen, yada, yada,†makes everybody who sees anything not report it for fear they will look like a nut case.
If it comes from the Scriptures…believe it. It is Gods word.

My God does not use parlor tricks to impart truth to me. All I have to do is read His word and see His truth. Nothing I've seen in the "codes" imparts anything I didn't already know, and none of it was "inspired." Therefore, I see no point in paying any sort of attention to them whatsoever.

My God does not use parlor tricks to impart truth to me. All I have to do is read His word and see His truth. Nothing I've seen in the "codes" imparts anything I didn't already know, and none of it was "inspired." Therefore, I see no point in paying any sort of attention to them whatsoever.

Read Genesis 3: 15 and tell me what you see there? It explodes many things religions call, truth, or perhaps I too have joined the basket of nuts.

Genesis 3:15
What do you see? :confused
I see one of the first promises that God has made. I see the wisdom of blessing the seed that He has put within her. Behind that wisdom I see things like the difference between the "seed of the woman" which she is born with and does not change throughout her lifetime (but one egg is released each month) and the "seed of man" which does change and may be influenced during the course of his lifetime. I see a marvel. A wonder. There are elements of Prophecy within this where we may also see Jesus who was mentioned and who is the Promise. There are even more elements when we look to what was revealed to Paul and to John about the "mystery" and the "bride of the Lamb".

What limits may be placed on God? Has he really declared the end from the beginning? I see that He has.

This is no slight of hand parlor trick. Do you believe that the Bible is inspired? That Genesis is inspired? This is in there, and it's pretty far fetched to think that a consortium of Rabbis worked this into the Bible somehow. (I know you didn't say that, but how else could it be?) I understand that all you need (any of us) is to read Gods word and see the truth therein, but this isn't reading something into it. This is there, and the Torah being spelled out once could be a fluke, but when it happens twice (Genesis-Exodus) the odds of that happening are astonomical. Then for Leviticus to have YHWHh spelled out, and Numbers & deuteronomy having TORH spellad out again backwards, so that they all point back to YHWH...kind of make a man go hmmm, don't you think?

This would prove that the Bible is true in my mind. It proves that it is inspired also. This has to be by design and no trick. That Cain and Able is not in the list, isn't trickery, this is taken directly from Genesis 5 and I didn't leave them out of the list here, God did. I understand your hesitation to buy into it, fearing deception, but this is a little too much to ignore and slough off any way you look at it.

Plus, as Sparrowhawke noted, this is a declaration of the end from the beginning. Genesis was written a looong time before the NT was. I seen a video about this also and some mathematicians calculated the odds of this happening by accident, and found it to be virtually impossible without design.

This is no slight of hand parlor trick. Do you believe that the Bible is inspired? That Genesis is inspired? This is in there, and it's pretty far fetched to think that a consortium of Rabbis worked this into the Bible somehow. (I know you didn't say that, but how else could it be?) I understand that all you need (any of us) is to read Gods word and see the truth therein, but this isn't reading something into it. This is there, and the Torah being spelled out once could be a fluke, but when it happens twice (Genesis-Exodus) the odds of that happening are astonomical. Then for Leviticus to have YHWHh spelled out, and Numbers & deuteronomy having TORH spellad out again backwards, so that they all point back to YHWH...kind of make a man go hmmm, don't you think?

This would prove that the Bible is true in my mind. It proves that it is inspired also. This has to be by design and no trick. That Cain and Able is not in the list, isn't trickery, this is taken directly from Genesis 5 and I didn't leave them out of the list here, God did. I understand your hesitation to buy into it, fearing deception, but this is a little too much to ignore and slough off any way you look at it.

Plus, as Sparrowhawke noted, this is a declaration of the end from the beginning. Genesis was written a looong time before the NT was. I seen a video about this also and some mathematicians calculated the odds of this happening by accident, and found it to be virtually impossible without design.

I agree with your post#78. Most people would rather let their religious leaders think for them. That way things are simple, and they don't have to do, or say anything excpt Amen. The only problem with that, is when they are put to the test, they have feet of clay.

This is no slight of hand parlor trick. Do you believe that the Bible is inspired?
I do, but Edward, my friend, not in secret. In plain wording. Once I heard how the so-called "bible codes" are found, I immediately realized they are a hoax. Perhaps a well-meaning hoax that even has its perpetrators fooled, but nonetheless, a hoax. Here's how the "codes" are found. Start with any letter ("L") and read every nth letter ("N") thereafter in the book, not counting spaces. If an entire book such as Genesis is searched, the result is a long string of letters. Using different values for L and N, one can generate many strings of letters. Imagine wrapping the string of letters around a cylinder in such a way that all the letters can be displayed. Flatten the cylinder to reveal several rows with columns of equal length, except perhaps the last column, which might be shorter than all the rest. Now search for meaningful names in proximity to dates. Search horizontally, vertically, diagonally, any which way. Of course you will find combinations of letters that spell words. It is mathematically impossible not to do so. As I pointed out earlier in the thread, you can use popular novels to do the exact same thing. Particularly if, as has been done, the rows and columns of letters are slid back and forth until the best possible number of words is "created."

What has been "revealed" are famous names in close proximity to dates of birth and death. Do they mean anything spiritually? Not that anyone can tell. Many have claimed that these "codes" can be used to predict the future. This is absolutely unfounded. There is no scientific or mathematical basis for such a statement, and the reasoning used to come to such a conclusion in the book is logically flawed. While it is true that some historical events have been shown to be encoded in the Book of Genesis in certain configurations, it is absolutely not true that every similar configuration of "encoded" words necessarily represents a potential historical event. In fact, quite the opposite is true: most such configurations will be quite random and are expected to occur in any text of sufficient length.

It strikes me that, if this were of God, we would find a value for "L" and a value for "N" that would eliminate the need to slide the letter strip back and forth until we find a reasonable number of "codes" that make sense to us. If it were of God, we'd wrap that strip around a certain cylinder and simply start reading from the first letter of the first row right through to the end. We haven't seen that, and I doubt that we will.
Drosnin, meanwhile, states that his "prediction" of the assassination of Prime Minister Rabin is "proof" that the "Bible Code" can be used to predict the future. A single success, regardless of how spectacular, or even several such "successful" predictions proves absolutely nothing unless the predictions are made and evaluated under carefully controlled conditions. Any respectable scientist knows that "anecdotal" evidence never proves anything.

Drosnin once said, "When my critics find a message about the assassination of a prime minister encrypted in Moby-Dick, I'll believe them." US mathematician Brandon McKay of Cal-Berkley promptly produced one of these equidistant letter sequence (ELS) analysis of Moby-Dick and predicted not only Indira Ghandi's assassination, but the assassinations of Martin Luther King, John F. Kennedy, Abraham Lincoln, and Yitzhak Rabin, as well as the death of Diana, Princess of Wales. Mathematician David Thomas of the University of Missouri did an ELS on Genesis and found the words "code" and "bogus" close together not once but 60 times. What are the odds of that happening? Thomas also did an ELS analysis on Drosnin's Bible Code II: The Countdown (2002) and found the message "The Bible Code is a silly, dumb, fake, false, evil, nasty, dismal fraud and snake-oil hoax." That from Drosnin's own book.

This is in there, and it's pretty far fetched to think that a consortium of Rabbis worked this into the Bible somehow.
I'm sure they didn't. But their methods are far from scientific. They are not controlled experiments, and in cases where a series of hundreds or thousands of letters on a single, long, fragile strip fail to produce anything significant, the size of the cylinder around which they are wrapped is changed so as to "allow" for a better "read" of the data.

This is there, and the Torah being spelled out once could be a fluke, but when it happens twice (Genesis-Exodus) the odds of that happening are astonomical.
If it were in a single, specifically defined, and carefully measured "distance" within the chosen letter patterns, I'd probably agree. But there is no standard by which to count the letters. Researchers can sit down and literally say, "Well let's start with the letter "E" today and count forward 177 letters, and begin writing those down until we get to, say, 2,000 letters, and we'll type them all out onto a single paper strip, wrap it around a cylinder -- what size today? How about a 1-1/4" diameter one today? -- then flatten it all out on single sheet of paper and see what we find?" There is no science to that method. It is a parlor game. And as I said, when they find nothing that interests them, they change the size of the cylinder and try again.

Did you know the same method has found "codes" in the Qur'an?

http://www.kuran-sifresi.com/english/

Is it now to be considered inspired? What about Moby-Dick? War and Peace? Dronin's second book?

I'm sorry, I just don't believe God would act in this way. I have every confidence that these researchers are not deliberately misleading anyone. They are misleading themselves as well. I do not believe there is a "bible code." I do not see a need for one. God has spoken plainly. We need nothing more.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back