Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

His Elect !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

savedbygrace57

Matt 24:31

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Does God have a elect people ? There is one scripture that says God's own elect. Lk 18:7

7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Is the fact that God has an election a theory of a man name calvin, or is it a scriptural truth ? I believe those who in unbelief and disdain, that shrug off election and other similar truth's of scripture as that of being the mere opinion of a man, will have much to answer for in the day of Judgment, which is not far away.

I will by God's Grace provide scriptural proof that election is the word of God, in that God, before the world began, made a distinction, a election among His creature man, choosing who would be objects of His special and peculiar Love and Favor. To begin lets look at a few verses of scripture.

Deut 7:6; Ps 135:4; Isa 41:8-9

Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

What is truly amazing, is that most adversaries of the blessed Truth of election, have no problem receiving this Truth here in Deut, however they accept it as being applied to a carnal, natural people, Natural Israel, ethnic jews, but they reject the ideal of it applying to a Spiritual People, of all different ethnicities, having been Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

I have news for you, the Chosen in Deut 7:6 are the same exact Chosen in Eph 1:4.

The Love God Loved them with in Deut 7:7

7The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

This is the same Love spoken of in Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

God does not have different Love, its always grounded in His elective purpose in Christ Jesus per Rom 8:39

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now what makes us believe that this Love in Rom 8:39 is any different from the Love of God spoken of in Deut 7:7 ?

There is no difference, its the same Love, for the same People, just that in Rom the Love is found out to be of a wider dimension than first revealed in Deut 7:6-7. For God so loved the World in that same manner Nicodemus. Jn 3:16. Thats Jesus point in Jn 3:16, that God had a Chosen, special, peculiar, people unto Himself, above all other People upon the Face of the earth.

James describe them here Acts 15:

13And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

This is part of the same People God spoke to in Deut 7:6-7, but it was not known then, but they too are of the Seed of Abraham Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The Seed of Abraham, no matter what race or geographical location, are the Chosen or Elect of God.

I think that election is one of those things 'hard to be understood' as Peter would write of Paul's words. I believe this because on the surface we see people in the bible being referred to as 'the elect'.. although how many people take the time to think this through.. ?

We know that all in Adam are under condemnation and that all in Christ are justified freely.. we know that if we shall seek to save our life that we shall lose it and that if we lose it for HIM and the gospel we shall save it. We know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the elect of God..

Think about it.. the ONLY REASON why people are mentioned to be the elect in the bible is because they are IN CHRIST.. the one (and only one) who IS the ELECT of God.. and even AFTER a person is saved, it's not their old life (old man) who is justified before God but rather the life of Christ in them that is justified before God.

Matt 24:31

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Does God have a elect people ? There is one scripture that says God's own elect. Lk 18:7

7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Is the fact that God has an election a theory of a man name calvin, or is it a scriptural truth ? I believe those who in unbelief and disdain, that shrug off election and other similar truth's of scripture as that of being the mere opinion of a man, will have much to answer for in the day of Judgment, which is not far away.

I will by God's Grace provide scriptural proof that election is the word of God, in that God, before the world began, made a distinction, a election among His creature man, choosing who would be objects of His special and peculiar Love and Favor. To begin lets look at a few verses of scripture.

Deut 7:6; Ps 135:4; Isa 41:8-9

Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

What is truly amazing, is that most adversaries of the blessed Truth of election, have no problem receiving this Truth here in Deut, however they accept it as being applied to a carnal, natural people, Natural Israel, ethnic jews, but they reject the ideal of it applying to a Spiritual People, of all different ethnicities, having been Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

I have news for you, the Chosen in Deut 7:6 are the same exact Chosen in Eph 1:4.

The Love God Loved them with in Deut 7:7

7The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

This is the same Love spoken of in Eph 1:4

God does not have different Love, its always grounded in His elective purpose in Christ Jesus per Rom 8:39

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now what makes us believe that this Love in Rom 8:39 is any different from the Love of God spoken of in Deut 7:7 ?

There is no difference, its the same Love, for the same People, just that in Rom the Love is found out to be of a wider dimension than first revealed in Deut 7:6-7. For God so loved the World in that same manner Nicodemus. Jn 3:16. Thats Jesus point in Jn 3:16, that God had a Chosen, special, peculiar, people unto Himself, above all other People upon the Face of the earth.

James describe them here Acts 15:

13And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

This is part of the same People God spoke to in Deut 7:6-7, but it was not known then, but they too are of the Seed of Abraham Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The Seed of Abraham, no matter what race or geographical location, are the Chosen or Elect of God.

We dont just shrug off election lightly, we shrug it off because it is outright heresy. To presume that God only called some to salvation is in direct opposition to John 3v16 and at least a dozen other verses. Oh and calvenism is just rebaked gnosticism.

war:

To presume that God only called some to salvation is in direct opposition to John 3v16

No its not, God's Love is for His Elect, His Chosen world Deut 7:

6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Election is Grounded in God's Love for a People . So the World in Jn 3:16 is God's Chosen in the world, they constitute a world of their own.

The word world means :

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

He Loves His own world in this world of evil Jn 13:1

1Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

If Jesus Loved everyone in the world without exception, the above statement would be meaningless to say the least.

Another way of seeing exactly WHO the elect one actually is...

The Christian has a DUAL NATURE... they have their OLD MAN who is born naturally through the FLESH and they have the NEW MAN which is Christ in them after the SPIRIT..

Paul makes it perfectly clear that we are to PUT OFF the OLD MAN who is corrupt according to deceitful lusts and that we are to PUT ON the Lord Jesus Christ who is created (in us) in righteousness and true holiness..

Which one is the elect ?

a) The new man, Christ in you born through the power of the Holy Spirit

b) The old man, born naturally through the FLESH..

Isn't it OBVIOUS ! !

Here's the kicker.. listen to what Paul writes in Gal 2:20..

I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, YET NOT I, but CHRIST liveth in me..

And if that's not enough.. in Col Paul writes that we are to set our affections on things above, and not on the things on earth.. because YE ARE DEAD and your life is hid IN CHRIST with God..

It should be obvious that the Lord Jesus Christ is the elect of God, the chosen one in whom the Father delights.

And yet another way to understand this is by this simple truth...

The FLESH wars with the SPIRIT and they are contrary to one another..

Who in their right Christian mind would think that their flesh is the elect of God when it wars with the Spirit of Christ in us.. ?

Who in their right Christian mind, who has been shown what THEY ARE (in contrast to who HE IS) by HIS true light, would consider themselves the elect rather than Christ in them..? ? ?

Furthermore.. we KNOW exactly why God chose us to salvation.. and it's through sanctification of the SPIRIT and BELIEVING THE TRUTH.

savedbygrace57

To really understand who the elect are,one must understand that there was an age before the one we are in now,with another to come,making a total of 3 ages..

Ephesians 1:4 "According as He hath chosen us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love:"
What does it mean to be "chosen"?

It means that there are certain people that God chosen in the first earth age, to do a task for Him in this flesh earth age. This is not reincarnation, for it is appointed for each of us to go through this earth age, the flesh earth age, once and only once. We read; "...It is appointed unto men once to die [in the flesh], but after this the judgment." Hebrews 9:27 This appointing and choosing took place before the foundation of this earth age; the second earth age [cosmos] that we now live in.

"Without blame" refers to the fact that God intercedes in certain peoples lives. Certain people have free will, while certain others are of God's election, however, God doesn't play favorites. Christ died for the sins of all who will repent; the chosen, and the free-will. All must repent for sins they commit, and love the Lord Jesus Christ, to have the hope of His glory.

"Before the foundation of the world", [cosmos in the Greek, meaning world or earth age.] The "foundation" in the Greek text, is the verb for, "the overthrow". This refers to something that happened in that first earth age, before the overthrow of Satan and his angels that followed him. When Satan fell [war against God], one third of all angelic beings [God's children] followed Satan. Then during that war, there were some who fought against Satan, and those who did, God calls "His Chosen". They took a stand, and were overcomers in that first earth age.

Have you ever wondered why you do the things that you do, at times. It's just like you have a destiny. You have always felt their is more to life, and this world, then what you have been taught. Paul addresses this in Romans 8:27. In verse twenty six it says that there are times in your life when the Holy Spirit makes intercession for you because you don't even know what to pray for.

"And he that searcheth the heart knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God." Romans 8:27 These saints are "the set-aside ones", or "the chosen". God has a overall plan, and a purpose in that plan just for you. That purpose is to bring back His children to Him; after that overthrow, and in this earth age.

Why would God intercede in a person's life, without them even asking? When your free-will goes against God's purpose for your life, God will intercede. When Paul's "free will" was to destroy all Christians, God's will was to take this highly educated man, and use Paul as the instrument for Him. Paul used to same drive to destroy Christians, that he used later to convert people, after his conversion.

We read that the Lord said; "...For He is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and Kings, and children of Israel:" Acts 9:15
Ephesians 1:5 "Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,"

"Predestined" means "from a prior time", or "required to do a certain thing" in the Greek text. You have a choice of loving God, or loving Satan. God will not interfere with your free will choice to chose Him or Satan. However, that person that proved himself during the overthrow of Satan, were "justified", or earned the right to be called "saints", from that first earth age.
Each soul comes from God, and enters an embryo at conception. This is why Jeremiah was a chosen one. "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou comest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet of nations." Jeremiah 1:5

"Sanctified" thee, is to "set aside, or apart for a purpose". Sins still have to be repented, and the price to pay for them still had to be made. To the predestined, and fore chosen, God can make life so miserable to those out of His will that they will repent. God has a perfect will, and God is always fair.

"And we know that all things work together for good, to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28 This verse is directed to a certain people, with a condition attached. This applies to "them who are called according to His purpose." "His purpose" is called God's plan, and God's overall plan is the offering of Salvation to all. That plan includes the teaching of God's Word; to plant seeds to convict; to live our life for Him; and to go and speak where God leads you. God will use you as it pleases Him.

"For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." Romans 8:29 God knew you, and what you were in that first earth age; and then [in that first earth age] God prearranged our destiny for this age. That destiny is to make us conform, or be like His Son, Jesus Christ. Though Jesus is the first fruits to overcome death, there are many that have that victory over death, through Christ's death and resurrection.

"Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called: He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified." Romans 8:30 "Justified" means "judged" in the Greek text; God judged them there in that first earth age, and that is why God can and does intercede in the chosen's ones lives. The justified are the priests of the Zadok in the millennium age of Ezekiel 40, for the word Zadok comes from the Hebrew word meaning "the just".

Certain of God's children stood against Satan in the first earth age, and those that did stand, and did not follow Satan; God judged [justified], and He "chose" them then to be used in His eternal plan. Through God's perfect plan, God "predestined", and "ordained" each of them to His purpose to be used in this flesh age. Each of these will also be used in the Millennium age as priests, or called the "Zadok".

When you become a Christian, and God has given you a working over, He is trying to wake you up. God is calling out a people, His people, the "Elect-chosen, and predestined" to stand against the Antichrist [Satan] in this final generation.

"What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31 "What things"? The things mentioned in verses 27-30. The knowledge that God has judged the overcomers, and chose them for the purpose of fulfilling His plan; then predestined those overcomers to a service, not only in this flesh age, but the millennium age to come. They will be the priests [Zadok] then.

n2:
To really understand who the elect are,one must understand that there was an age before the one we are in now,with another to come,making a total of 3 ages..

Whatever..

Re: His Elect !
n2:

savedbygrace57

Whatever..

I ask no one to believe as I....I just share what I believe to be true,so you really could have kept that whatever statement to yourself,but it's all good....100

There is absolutely no question, the meaning of Election is that God Almighty has made a clear Choice, for the very word signifies a selection and appointment. God has exercised His own Sovereign prerogative and picked out from among His creatures of mankind, those whom He purposed to save by His Grace. Ps 135:4

4For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Notice unto Himself ! Now compare that statement with this one Titus 2:14

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Same People are they not ? Remember Paul addressed this epistle as unto the Faith of God's Elect Titus 1:2

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect [Chosen], and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now it should be understood, there is no election or selection or choice, without a deliberate singling out, and no singling out without passing by or rejection of the rest as per Rom 11:7

7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The rest ! The word rest is the greek word loipos:

with a certain distinction and contrast, the rest, who are not of a specific class or number

The rest here means those jews who are not of a specific class or number, which would be the Election of Grace, God's Chosen People. You see, just being an ethnic jew born in the Nation of Israel, did not make one Chosen of God, one of His elect.

war:

No its not, God's Love is for His Elect, His Chosen world Deut 7:

6For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

Election is Grounded in God's Love for a People . So the World in Jn 3:16 is God's Chosen in the world, they constitute a world of their own.

The word world means :

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

He Loves His own world in this world of evil Jn 13:1

1Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

If Jesus Loved everyone in the world without exception, the above statement would be meaningless to say the least.

Hi,

"I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world...." John 17:14

So which "world" is this that hated them that are not of the world? It would seem you just change the meaning of the word world from global, to "God's world" when it suits your doctrine.

God Bless,

Natasha

I think that election is one of those things 'hard to be understood' as Peter would write of Paul's words. I believe this because on the surface we see people in the bible being referred to as 'the elect'.. although how many people take the time to think this through.. ?

We know that all in Adam are under condemnation and that all in Christ are justified freely.. we know that if we shall seek to save our life that we shall lose it and that if we lose it for HIM and the gospel we shall save it. We know that the Lord Jesus Christ is the elect of God..

Think about it.. the ONLY REASON why people are mentioned to be the elect in the bible is because they are IN CHRIST.. the one (and only one) who IS the ELECT of God.. and even AFTER a person is saved, it's not their old life (old man) who is justified before God but rather the life of Christ in them that is justified before God.

Hi,

If God elects those whom He wishes, and He wills that all men be saved, within that "elect world" so they will be according to Gods will, why does Paul make the following statement in 1 Tim 1:18-19 "Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, holding onto faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith"

How can the "elect" of God, "shipwreck their faith", or if that only applies to those not "elect" or "in Christ" how can they shipwreck a faith they don't possess?

God Bless,

Natasha

Hi,

If God elects those whom He wishes, and He wills that all men be saved, within that "elect world" so they will be according to Gods will, why does Paul make the following statement in 1 Tim 1:18-19 "Timothy, my son, I give you this instruction in keeping with the prophecies once made about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, holding onto faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith"

How can the "elect" of God, "shipwreck their faith", or if that only applies to those not "elect" or "in Christ" how can they shipwreck a faith they don't possess?

God Bless,

Natasha

The problem is with respect to how people define the ELECT..

Calvinism teaches that God UNCONDITIONALLY ELECTS some to salvation while others have no chance.. this is wrong imo.. it's not biblical.

I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ alone is the elect of God, the chosen one in whom the Father delights.. and that whosoever believes in HIM 'become' the elect of God by virtue of their being placed into the body of CHRIST by God... it's not that they are the elect, but rather that they are now IN the one WHO IS the elect.. they are IN CHRIST and He is the elect of God.

Hi,

"I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world...." John 17:14

So which "world" is this that hated them that are not of the world? It would seem you just change the meaning of the word world from global, to "God's world" when it suits your doctrine.

God Bless,

Natasha

Its obvious to me that you have never studied the word world Kosmos, thats being used here.

The word has a variety meanings biblically, and here they are:

) an apt and harmonious arrangement or constitution, order, government

2) ornament, decoration, adornment, i.e. the arrangement of the stars,
'the heavenly hosts', as the ornament of the heavens. 1 Pet. 3:3

3) the world, the universe

4) the circle of the earth, the earth

5) the inhabitants of the earth, men, the human family

6) the ungodly multitude; the whole mass of men alienated from God, and therefore hostile to the cause of Christ

7) world affairs, the aggregate of things earthly

a) the whole circle of earthly goods, endowments riches, advantages, pleasures, etc, which although hollow and frail and fleeting, stir desire, seduce from God and are obstacles to the cause of Christ

8) any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

a) the Gentiles as contrasted to the Jews (Rom. 11:12 etc)

As you can see, the word has a variety of meanings. A world can be any orderly arrangement and government or constitution.

The Nation of Israel would have fitted that definition with all the Divine Arrangement of it's government for that Nation, just read Exodus, and Leviticus. So That Nation could be considered a world.

Then any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort is a world.

The dictionary defines aggregate as follows:

formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.

So for instance, the collection of all the gentiles are a world, thats what Rom 11:12 signifies

12Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

All of the sum total of Christ Sheep would be a world or all of the members of His body, the Church is a world.

Look at the orderly arrangement of the Church of God 1 Cor 12

So, its not difficult to understand how it is that Christ came to save the world as in John 3:17

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

And why Jesus can say He prays not for the world John 17:9

9I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

This is because there are Two different worlds in view, Two different orderly arrangements.

There is a world that God did not impute its trespasses unto it as per 2 Cor 5:19

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The them is a world !

Then there is a world that shall be condemned for its sins 1 Cor 11:32

32But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

You see that ? Now a world that has not had its trespasses imputed to them, cannot be the same world that is condemned :chin

So I hope this helps your understanding of the word world !

natasha:

How can the "elect" of God, "shipwreck their faith",

They can't, thats only in your imagination, scripture never says that the elect can shipwreck their faith, you did !

Lets look at this principle of Divine Election within the writings of the NT. Matt 24:22,24, and 31

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

And no, these scriptures do not pertain to all earthly jews, but people of every tribe and tongue.

Lk 18:7

Rom 8:33

33Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Rom 9:11

11(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

Paul preached the purpose of God according to election in His Gospel.

2 Tim 2:10

10Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

This points to Eternal Salvation in Christ is for the elect's sake ! Christ must have died only for the elect !

Did you ever take the time to ask yourself WHY people are referred to the elect in the scriptures..?

Have you ever considered that it is because they are IN CHRIST and therefore the elect IN HIM.. not because they are, but rather because HE IS..?

There is absolutely no question, the meaning of Election is that God Almighty has made a clear Choice, for the very word signifies a selection and appointment. God has exercised His own Sovereign prerogative and picked out from among His creatures of mankind, those whom He purposed to save by His Grace. Ps 135:4

4For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Notice unto Himself ! Now compare that statement with this one Titus 2:14

Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Same People are they not ? Remember Paul addressed this epistle as unto the Faith of God's Elect Titus 1:2

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect [Chosen], and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

Now it should be understood, there is no election or selection or choice, without a deliberate singling out, and no singling out without passing by or rejection of the rest as per Rom 11:7

7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

The rest ! The word rest is the greek word loipos:

with a certain distinction and contrast, the rest, who are not of a specific class or number

The rest here means those jews who are not of a specific class or number, which would be the Election of Grace, God's Chosen People. You see, just being an ethnic jew born in the Nation of Israel, did not make one Chosen of God, one of His elect.
Jesus is the elect, we are only accepted through him, and he called all to repentance. So though Jesus we all can become elect, but no there is no speciallyu ordained group of peaple who will be saved because they are Gods chosen elect, that is a gnostic precept.

Jesus is the elect

Correct, thats what make His People chosen in Him elect, He is the Head, they the body, do you think God elected the Head without a Body ?

Correct, thats what make His People chosen in Him elect, He is the Head, they the body, do you think God elected the Head without a Body ?

God elected His Son, not us.. do you actually believe that God chose His Son AND YOU... after He tells us plainly that if we shall seek to save OUR LIFE that we shall lose it ?

Did you lose your life for His life or not ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back