Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

His Elect !

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Correct, thats what make His People chosen in Him elect, He is the Head, they the body, do you think God elected the Head without a Body ?
God elected Jesus as the head, and Jesus called all men to be the body. Dont want that for yourself, so be it, but there is no special group of elect with Jesus, only those who are elect through Jesus.

wh:

God elected Jesus as the head

Yes, I know, and He elected His seed as His body. God did not elect a bodiless Head. Christ election is His seed's Election.

The Angels serve as an Example of Divine Election !

Paul writes of the Elect Angels 1 Tim 5:21

21I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

If there are elect Angels, this presupposes there were non elect ones as well. It appears with these creatures as well God made a Sovereign Choice of them who would be vessels of Honor and those who would be vessels of dishonor. The elect Angels who maintained there integrity were made vessels of Honor to serve His Holy Purposes, but the non elect angels He made to rebel with their leader and apostatize to also serve His Purpose. Rev 12:4

4And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

In regards to these apostate creatures we read 2 Pet 2:4

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

But these were different from those of the Elect Angels, the Election of Grace among them, for because of their Election they were confirmed in their Holiness. Their election was before their Holiness, hence securing it, just as some men are by election, Chosen unto Holiness Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And note, the none elect angels that rebelled, God had no mercy on them. This is vital because many religionists appeal to God as being too merciful and too loving to punish sinners everlastingly, but this account refutes that heresy, for are not angels His creatures ? Was God not still Love, even though He obviously did not Love these rebellious creatures to be merciful unto them for their sin ? The Chosen among Men partake of His Great Love and Mercy in spite of their Sin Eph 2:4-5

4But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

But, God chose not to show this rich mercy and great Love to the sinning angels. Could He if He so willed ? Yes He could have, but He chose not to. Was He still a God of Love as Per 1 John 4:8

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

But that fact did not obligate God to Love and be merciful to those angels, as well as it does not obligate God to be Love and be merciful to non elect men and women who have sinned also. So it is, we have an biblical example of Election with the Angels, and so it is with men.

Matt 24:31

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Does God have a elect people ? There is one scripture that says God's own elect. Lk 18:7

7And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Is the fact that God has an election a theory of a man name calvin, or is it a scriptural truth ? I believe those who in unbelief and disdain, that shrug off election and other similar truth's of scripture as that of being the mere opinion of a man, will have much to answer for in the day of Judgment, which is not far away.

I will by God's Grace provide scriptural proof that election is the word of God, in that God, before the world began, made a distinction, a election among His creature man, choosing who would be objects of His special and peculiar Love and Favor. To begin lets look at a few verses of scripture.

Deut 7:6; Ps 135:4; Isa 41:8-9

Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

What is truly amazing, is that most adversaries of the blessed Truth of election, have no problem receiving this Truth here in Deut, however they accept it as being applied to a carnal, natural people, Natural Israel, ethnic jews, but they reject the ideal of it applying to a Spiritual People, of all different ethnicities, having been Chosen in Christ before the foundation Eph 1:4

4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

I have news for you, the Chosen in Deut 7:6 are the same exact Chosen in Eph 1:4.

The Love God Loved them with in Deut 7:7

7The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

This is the same Love spoken of in Eph 1:4

God does not have different Love, its always grounded in His elective purpose in Christ Jesus per Rom 8:39

39Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Now what makes us believe that this Love in Rom 8:39 is any different from the Love of God spoken of in Deut 7:7 ?

There is no difference, its the same Love, for the same People, just that in Rom the Love is found out to be of a wider dimension than first revealed in Deut 7:6-7. For God so loved the World in that same manner Nicodemus. Jn 3:16. Thats Jesus point in Jn 3:16, that God had a Chosen, special, peculiar, people unto Himself, above all other People upon the Face of the earth.

James describe them here Acts 15:

13And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:

14Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

This is part of the same People God spoke to in Deut 7:6-7, but it was not known then, but they too are of the Seed of Abraham Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

The Seed of Abraham, no matter what race or geographical location, are the Chosen or Elect of God.

This post above is one of the most seriously twisted and grossly misinterpretation of Scripture I have seen in a long time!:screwloose

This teaching above is not only contradicting Scripture but is spreading damage to the young children of God and those seeking God and His love and assurance. This type of teaching belongs in the pits of hell and does not belong on a Christian forum, because this teaching is anti-christian teaching, and not Scriptural and CAN CAUSE A PERSON YOUNG IN THE FAITH TO STUMBLE!

The Admins seriously need to address this type of anti-biblical and anti-christian teaching on this forum before it causes a yoing person in the faith to fall away into legalism or uncertainty or fall away all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Elect were chosen before the foundation of the world,the question for us should be why?Also what does it mean by foundation of the world?

To arrive at the true meaning of this expression, we must note there are two words translated "foundation" in the New Testament:
(1) themelios, and

(2) katabole.

The Noun, themelios, occurs in Luke 6:48, 49; 14:29. Acts 16:26. Rom. 15:20. 1Cor. 3:10, 11, 12. Eph. 2:20. 1Tim. 6:19. 2Tim. 2:19. Heb. 6:1; 11:10. Rev. 21:14, 19. It is never used of the world (kosmos) or the earth (ge). The corresponding Verb (themeliou) occurs in Matt. 7:25. Luke 6:48. Eph. 3:17. Col. 1:23. Heb. 1:10 and 1Pet. 5:10. The verb is only once used of the earth (ge). Heb. 1:10. A comparison of all these passages will show that these are proper and regular terms for the English words "to found", and "foundation".

The Noun, katabole, occurs in Matt. 13:35; 25:34. Luke 11:50. John 17:24. Eph. 1:4. Heb. 4:3; 9:26; 11:11. 1Pet. 1:20. Rev. 13:8; 17:8; and the corresponding Verb (kataballo) occurs in 2Cor. 4:9. Heb. 6:1; and Rev. 12:10. A comparison of all these passages (especially 2Cor. 4:9, and Rev. 12:10) will show that kataballo and katabole are not the proper terms for founding and foundation, but the correct meaning is casting down, or overthrow.

Consistency, therefore, calls for the same translation in Heb. 6:1, where, instead of "not laying again", the rendering should be "not casting down". That is to say, the foundation already laid, of repentance, &c., was not to be cast down or overthrown, but was to be left -- and progress made unto the perfection. Accordingly, the Noun katabole, derived from, and cognate with the Verb, ought to be translated "disruption", or "ruin".

The remarkable thing is that in all occurrences (except Heb. 11:11) the word is connected with "the world" (Gr. kosmos. Ap. 129. 1), and therefore the expression should be rendered "the disruption (or ruin) of the world", clearly referring to the condition indicated in Gen. 1:2, and described in 2Pet. 3:5, 6. For the earth was not created tohu (Isa. 45:18), but became so, as stated in the Hebrew of Gen 1:2 and confirmed by 2Pet. 3:6, where "the world that then was by the word of God" (Gen. 1:1), perished, and "the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word "were created (Gen. 2:4), and are "kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment" (2Pet. 3:7) which shall usher in the "new heavens and the new earth" of 2Pet. 3:13.

"The disruption of the world" is an event forming a great dividing line in the dispensations of the ages. In Gen. 1:1 we have the founding of the world (Heb. 1:10 = themeliou), but in Gen. 1:2 we have its overthrow.

This is confirmed by a further remarkable fact, that the phrase, which occurs ten times, is associated with the Preposition apo = from (Ap. 104. iv) seven times, and with pros = before (Ap. 104. xiv) three times. The former refers to the kingdom and is connected with the "counsels" of God; the latter refers to the Mystery (or Secret. See Ap. 192) and is connected with the "purpose" of God (See John 17:24. Eph. 1:4. 1Pet. 1:20).
Ample New Testament testimony is thus given to the profoundly significant fact recorded in Gen. 1:2, that "the earth became tohu and bohu (i.e. waste and desolate); and darkness was on the face of the deep", before the creation of "the heavens and the earth which are now" (2Pet. 3:7).

The Foundation of the World - Appendix to the Companion Bible

Things to Know about the Elect, the Chosen of God !

Things to know about all those God hath Chosen to Salvation !

2 Thess 2:13

13But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

That they were Chosen in Christ before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4 ! Thats why Paul says they were bound to give Thanks to God for them. Not their freewill choice or decision as the antichrist followers would have us believe.

That they are redeemed by the precious blood of Christ because they are Elect 1 Pet 1:2,18,19

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

18Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

19But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:

Lets look at the word redeemed here. It is the greek word lutroo and means:

to release on receipt of ransom
to redeem, liberate by payment of ransom
to liberate
to cause to be released to one's self by payment of a ransom
to redeem
to deliver: from evils of every kind, internal and external

Because the ransom price has been paid, the blood of Christ, they must be delivered from evil of every kind. One of the Evils they all are delivered from is unbelief. Yes Unbelief is a evil Heb 3:12

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

If one Christ died for, gave His life a ransom for, never becomes a believer or dies in unbelief, then that means Christ blood was defective.

That word unbelief is also used for paul here 1 Tim 1:13

13Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

But because Christ gave Himself for Paul , God delivered Him from unbelief .

So those Chosen before the world began are in time redeemed from evil or delivered from evil, especially that of unbelief, thats the power of the ransom blood of Christ.

So did you actually just wake up one day and find that you were in Christ..?

Is that your testimony ?

I would imagine that it must be, since you insist that you did absolutely nothing in order to be saved..

If one Christ died for, gave His life a ransom for, never becomes a believer or dies in unbelief, then that means Christ blood was defective.

Totally untrue,for it is His wish that all come to repentance....

II Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

It is your choice too believe or not,ie accept the price paid,God cannot force you to love Him,other than the Elect,God will not interfere with your free will choice.

The Elect were chosen for a reason,and that is to fullfill God's plan....All were not chosen.....But all have a choice......

Ask yourself why did God intervene in Pauls life,a persecuter of Christians....

n2:

Totally True.

II Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

In light of the above scripture,how can His wish be for those whom He didn't elect,or are you saying those not of the elect have no chance whatsoever of being saved?????

evet

This thread is not about me..

Nobody said that it was about you.. I asked about your testimony because you insist that you did absolutely nothing in order to be saved.. so did you wake up one morning and find that you were in Christ for doing nothing ?

Does God have a elect people
God's election was always for a specific time and a specific purpose and was usually seen in calling a prophet to service or in relation to saving a remnant of the Israel through God's judgement upon them. I don't have time to go into all the examples of this from the Bible, but here are two classic examples:

{4} The LORD said to him, "Go through the midst of the city, even through the midst of Jerusalem, and put a mark on the foreheads of the men who sigh and groan over all the abominations which are being committed in its midst." {5} But to the others He said in my hearing, "Go through the city after him and strike; do not let your eye have pity and do not spare. {6} "Utterly slay old men, young men, maidens, little children, and women, but do not touch any man on whom is the mark; and you shall start from My sanctuary." So they started with the elders who were before the temple. Ezekiel 9:4-6 (NASB)

{3} saying, "Do not harm the earth or the sea or the trees until we have sealed the bond-servants of our God on their foreheads." {4} And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel: Revelation 7:3-4 (NASB)

Just as God sealed a remnant of those righteous in Jerusalem when the Babylonians destroyed the city (Ezekiel), so He also sealed a remnant of those in Jerusalem to be saved when the Romans destroyed the city (Revelation.)

Election was reserved for those whom God called to serve in Israel and the Jewish remnant: The elect are those He called under the Old Covenant.

{29} For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; Romans 8:29 (NASB)

{2} God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? {3} "Lord, THEY HAVE KILLED YOUR PROPHETS, THEY HAVE TORN DOWN YOUR ALTARS, AND I ALONE AM LEFT, AND THEY ARE SEEKING MY LIFE." {4} But what is the divine response to him? "I HAVE KEPT for Myself SEVEN THOUSAND MEN WHO HAVE NOT BOWED THE KNEE TO BAAL." {5} In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God's gracious choice. Romans 11:2-5 (NASB)

Again, election was about saving a remnant of Israel by an act of God's grace for a specific time and a specific purpose.

We are all now - both Jew and Gentile - saved by His grace through faith in His Son.

For what it's worth. :thumbsup

In light of the above scripture,how can His wish be for those whom He didn't elect,or are you saying those not of the elect have no chance whatsoever of being saved?????

2 Pet 3:9 is about God's Elect !

I believe this speaks specificially to Israel and the remnant, for the elect IN Christ, will already be gone, praise God! Thank You Jesus.

He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; he will assemble the scattered people of Judah from the four quarters of the earth. (Isaiah 11:12).

After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.(1 Thessalonians 4).

For the "Mid Tribbers" and "Post Tribbers" I see NO live Saints coming out of the tribulation......

Nobody said that it was about you.. I asked about your testimony because you insist that you did absolutely nothing in order to be saved.. so did you wake up one morning and find that you were in Christ for doing nothing ?

Absolutely it is only to the carnal flesh that is repulsive to God's truth that salvation is God's work alone and not from the work of men. So the answer to your question is absolutely, God's people were chosen before the foundation of the world by God our Father to be in our Lord Jesus Christ and His predestinaton of his elect has nothing to do with the choice of the creature himself.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-9

If you are Jesus Christs, God the Holy Spirit teaches His own this truth to all His people. This truth can not be attained carnally through depraved human knowledge where we are spiritually dead in trespasses and sin but obtained, given by Jesus Christ Himself through His eyes where we see light in His light.

"For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. " Psalm 36:9

To His own, whenever we do not understand His word, for our eyes alone can only comprehend darkness, if we pray to Him to give us His understanding, He will always reveal His truth to us-always.

"For You will light my lamp; The LORD God will enlighten my darkness." Psalm 18:28

"The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant." Psalm 25:14

Finally, all Jesus' sheep hear His voice and to those who are His, he reveals His truth by breathing His life in them such as His election as well as His truth that our works have nothing to do with our believing in and on Him. He either reveals His truth to His own in His appointed time, or those who can not and will not accept His truth is because He is not in Christ for there could be no truth in him.

"He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.†John 8:47

Again, His saving His chosen has nothing to do with man's deeply depraved state of self-righteous and pride that he has something to ith his salvation, but it is solely the work and gift of God Almighty.

Absolutely it is only to the carnal flesh that is repulsive to God's truth that salvation is God's work alone and not from the work of men. So the answer to your question is absolutely, God's people were chosen before the foundation of the world by God our Father to be in our Lord Jesus Christ and His predestinaton of his elect has nothing to do with the choice of the creature himself.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-9

If you are Jesus Christs, God the Holy Spirit teaches His own this truth to all His people. This truth can not be attained carnally through depraved human knowledge where we are spiritually dead in trespasses and sin but obtained, given by Jesus Christ Himself through His eyes where we see light in His light.

"For with You is the fountain of life; In Your light we see light. " Psalm 36:9

To His own, whenever we do not understand His word, for our eyes alone can only comprehend darkness, if we pray to Him to give us His understanding, He will always reveal His truth to us-always.

"For You will light my lamp; The LORD God will enlighten my darkness." Psalm 18:28

"The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant." Psalm 25:14

Finally, all Jesus' sheep hear His voice and to those who are His, he reveals His truth by breathing His life in them such as His election as well as His truth that our works have nothing to do with our believing in and on Him. He either reveals His truth to His own in His appointed time, or those who can not and will not accept His truth is because He is not in Christ for there could be no truth in him.

"He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.†John 8:47

Again, His saving His chosen has nothing to do with man's deeply depraved state of self-righteous and pride that he has something to ith his salvation, but it is solely the work and gift of God Almighty.

At least you can admit it.. more than I can say for SBG..

What must I do to be saved ?

a) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved

b) Nothing at all

mell:

God's people were chosen before the foundation of the world by God our Father to be in our Lord Jesus Christ

That is error, God chose them in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

mell:

That is error, God chose them in Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

AMEN ! Something that I can agree with SBG.. because God didn't choose US at all.. in fact, He tells us plainly that if we shall seek to save OUR LIFE that we shall lose it.. and that if we lose it for HIM and the gospel, we shall save it..

God chooses us IN CHRIST.. not in Adam.. our old Adamic nature remains condemned.. for there is no condemnation to those who are IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk NOT after the FLESH, but after the Spirit..

It's clear that the Lord Jesus Christ is His Elect, in Whom He delights.. not us.. I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, YET NOT I, but CHRIST liveth in me..

AMEN ! Something that I can agree with SBG.. because God didn't choose US at all.. in fact, He tells us plainly that if we shall seek to save OUR LIFE that we shall lose it.. and that if we lose it for HIM and the gospel, we shall save it..

God chooses us IN CHRIST.. not in Adam.. our old Adamic nature remains condemned.. for there is no condemnation to those who are IN CHRIST JESUS, who walk NOT after the FLESH, but after the Spirit..

It's clear that the Lord Jesus Christ is His Elect, in Whom He delights.. not us.. I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, YET NOT I, but CHRIST liveth in me..

Again, if anyone is truly His, through regeneration by God the Holy Spirit, our Lord always tells His own they are chosen by our Father to be in Him before the world began and all that belong to our Father will come to our Lord because it had been granted by our Father.

"And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.†John 6:65

God's people are taught by God who they are and that all things are done both for the glory of God and for the good of His elect-His chosen people alone. Additionally, it was because of our Father's love and mercy that he chose us to be in His Son, our Lord and Master who is our all and all.

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified."

Romans 8:28-30

Not only does God the Holy Spirit who inspired Paul to write God's Holy Scripture here in Romans 8:28-30 to show His own people-doctrinally-that he loved us first in this exact order, but he also makes His truth known to His people through His Spirit and His truth in us that because of His love he predestined a peculiar people, the object of his love, to take on a new holy nature which is to be conformed to the image of our Lord Jesus Christ which happens in all His people at His appointed time--in time, past, present and future--until His last is called and time is no more.

We know as children of God that any man can attempt to tear apart every written word of Scripture to prove somehow he is knowledgeable of the things of God but what is revealed by Him through His Spirit to His people alone-His work in them, no man can mimick.

" 'You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.' " John 5:39-40

" He answered and said to them, 'Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given.'"

" 'But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; for assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it. Matthew 13: 11,16-17

God's people not only hear His words through our Lord's doctrine, but we hear it experientally and internally in ways that can not be explained which no man can make another to know unless it be given to him by Jesus Christ alone.

We belong to our Lord Jesus, God our Father and God the Holy Spirit and with absolute certainty from the Triune God, all His people know or will know at our Lord's appointed time of love that the Triune God looks upon His own people with joy and delight. For all the works of regeneration by God the Holy Spirit is performed in them by God's hand alone and He is well pleased with the works of His own hands.

"As for the saints who are on the earth,
“They are the excellent ones, in whom is all my delight.†Psalm 16:3

" ' Indeed I will make those of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.' " Revelation 3:9

" 'I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.' " John 17:23

"LORD, You will establish peace for us,
For You have also done all our works in us." Isaiah 26:12

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back