Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Homosexuality, is it Biblical, or not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Free, do you believe persons are born homosexual?
Or that they become that way...
I can't imagine what would make a person CHOOSE to be homosexual.
Neither, a major contributor might be chemical pollutants in the water, namely hormonal endocrine disruptors, that have caused frogs, turtles and alligators to exhibit homosexual behavior. As I point out in the other thread, you gotta ditch the dichotomy and think out of the box, do NOT follow their twisted logic and adopt their corrupt language.

In Greek culture, relationships between men (and particularly between a master and his pupil) were common; they were an important theme in literature, and there was a range of very specific Greek words that Paul could have chosen among. The argument has been made that Paul coined a new term because he wanted to condemn more than just, say, pederasty, and his new term avoided using a multitude of specific Greek terms in order to cover the whole subject. This demonstrates both prejudice and a solid ignorance of ancient Greek; Greek also had general words to refer to homosexuality

It's only highly contested by those who had already supported same sex marriages and same sex acts, and then looked for support in the Bible. Otherwise, it's actually a fairly straightforward compound word that means "male-bed" or "male-lie with," which is for a male to lie with a male. Compound words don't always mean what the two words together show, but sometimes they do, especially if it's the first time the word is used; it's rather the whole point of coining such a word, as Paul does in 1 Cor 6:9.
So why didn't Paul use an already existing word for homosexual acts, instead? Androkoites, according to my research, was an existing word at the time.

I have to go to bed, fam. In all honesty, I would prefer not to keep up a rigid debate where every argument is addressed point by point, though that is good as a learning tool.
I want to rest and relax during my time off work.

I have provided my resources and shown my reasoning for my choice to become affirming, I would prefer that that be enough for onlookers to get the tools to see both sides of the argument.

At the least.
If secular society wants this...well, it's like when the Hebrews wanted Kings. They got them alright.

But churches......
I mean
😱

This even needs to be discussed?
And the CC might be leaning that way too.
It's over at that point.
I mean for all denominations.
This homosexual issue is a test God puts us in, a test of the church's resovle, discernment and wisdom - resolve to stand our biblcal ground and defend our territory of sexuality, discernment to recognize the history, imapct, nature, uterior motive of homosexuality, and wisdome to handle it - without alienating people by shouting the "clobber passages". It's a dividing line that separates the wheat from the chaff, the faith Philadephians from the lukewarm Laodiceans. This is not new. Satan uses the government to make such laws that specifically force you to violate your belief and principles, he used Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel's days, it's our choice to either uphold the government's laws or God's laws.

I don't think it's ever a conscious choice. I believe one could be born that way, as a part of our fallen nature, or one could become that way through some experience as a child, whether remembered or not, or perhaps there is a demonic component to it for some. I don't think there is one answer for everyone who has same-sex attraction.
Agreed 100%
I do have a few friends that believe a person cannot be born homosexual and that they become that way.
Not only that, but they believe a person could "get cured, and change back" -
Some have been able to do this, we need only check psychological data,
but most cannot.
Since some notice this phenomenon at a very early age, I'd say that many are just born this way, for the reason you said, our fallen nature.

Neither, a major contributor might be chemical pollutants in the water, namely hormonal endocrine disruptors, that have caused frogs, turtles and alligators to exhibit homosexual behavior. As I point out in the other thread, you gotta ditch the dichotomy and think out of the box, do NOT follow their twisted logic and adopt their corrupt language.
I'm not in the other thread.
What is the dicotomy?
Whether or not one is born homosxl?

When you say THEIR LANGUAGE, I suppose you mean the language of the homosxls?
If so, then I agree 100%.

They used to be 1% of the population.
I wonder if that's changed.

Anyway, I don't understand why an entire population has to bow to 1 or 2% of its people.

This homosexual issue is a test God puts us in, a test of the church's resovle, discernment and wisdom - resolve to stand our biblcal ground and defend our territory of sexuality, discernment to recognize the history, imapct, nature, uterior motive of homosexuality, and wisdome to handle it - without alienating people by shouting the "clobber passages". It's a dividing line that separates the wheat from the chaff, the faith Philadephians from the lukewarm Laodiceans. This is not new. Satan uses the government to make such laws that specifically force you to violate your belief and principles, he used Nebuchadnezzar in Daniel's days, it's our choice to either uphold the government's laws or God's laws.
Yes, I fear it's come to that.
It does seem as if God's laws are different than man's law.
It used to look more similar to me -- but these days there's a distinction
between black and white like never before and I think it's time to take a side and
stick to it.

How brainwashed we've become.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I think the affirming of lgbtq is only possible in a world 🌎 with declining marriage rates declining fertility rates and a deeply entrenched hook up culture.

If anyone does try to further conversate with me, I'm muting the thread from this point on, so will not see any further posts. Just better for my overall health :thumb

:cross

I'm not in the other thread.
What is the dicotomy?
Whether or not one is born homosxl?
The dichotomy is that whether homosexuality is by birth or by choice. But if water pollution has something to do with it, then it’s neither.
When you say THEIR LANGUAGE, I suppose you mean the language of the homosxls?
If so, then I agree 100%.
Yes, the kind of corrupt Newspeak language that recognizes them as an “oppressed” mini group and addresses them by their “preferred pronouns”. They control the words, they control the mind.

The dichotomy is that whether homosexuality is by birth or by choice. But if water pollution has something to do with it, then it’s neither.

Yes, the kind of corrupt Newspeak language that recognizes them as an “oppressed” mini group and addresses them by their “preferred pronouns”. They control the words, they control the mind.
Agreed on paragraph 2.
The oppressed get more attention - so it's good to be "oppressed".
Except we've lost sight of what that means.
Which diminishes the experience of the truly oppressed.

But about the water.
What is that chemical you say is in water?
Was it around 2000 years ago? 4,000?
Because the homosxl has always existed.

But about the water.
What is that chemical you say is in water?
Was it around 2000 years ago? 4,000?
Because the homosxl has always existed.
It's a certain category of chemicals called endocrine disruptor, widespread in water and environment, mainly due to the abuse of hormonal drugs for animal and human uses. It mimics estrogen that causes negative impacts in human endocrine system, homosexuality may be one of them. Yes, it's been around for thousands of years, but it was just a few oddballs, it never went mainstream until recent decades.

It's a certain category of chemicals called endocrine disruptor, widespread in water and environment, mainly due to the abuse of hormonal drugs for animal and human uses. It mimics estrogen that causes negative impacts in human endocrine system, homosexuality may be one of them. Yes, it's been around for thousands of years, but it was just a few oddballs, it never went mainstream until recent decades.

Thanks Carry.
I didn't read the entire article, but I do notice - and I hate to say this - that teenage boys and young men are more "feminine" than they used to be, inasmuch as both male and female have some hormones of the other.
This might very well be the cause. And who knows what's in our food.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back