Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Homosexuals Misinterpret Scripture

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Relic said:
This thread happens to be about how the Homosexuals and their advocates misinterpret scripture. If you want to start another thread, or zero in on, or target another "group" in how they would distort scripture or to zero in on any the other "specific" topics you brought up then go right ahead.

Figures someone like you would try to say others are being excluded from the topic and that some sort of prejudice is involved. If I wanted to do a study on how universalists, or catholics, or interfaith churchs distort scritpure to suite their own needs I'm sure you wouldn't have said a thing. Well, this particular subject is being focused on for a reason. If you want to focus in on a particular group go right ahead. Make another "separate" thread.

Nah ...the homosexual issue is far more 'witch-hunt' orientated than the others and therefore more fun .... :wink:

While I, obviously, can't speak for everyone who claims to be homosexual, my having studied the issue somewhat over the years has led me to believe that there IS some genetic link to same gender sexual attraction. Whatever the Bible may or may not have to say about homosexuality doesn't change the fact that some people feel that such an orientation (for them anyway) is 'natural'. It's 'who' they are. The problem for a number of them is not so much their sexual orientation but more their having to deal with this in view of Christian condemnation of them.

Many Christians tickle me in their defense of 'the Word of God' ...often as THEY perceive it and how it has been handed down to them by others. If Christians were REALLY that concerned about others such as homosexuals 'offending God' they would themselves start being obedient to God by keeping His Sabbath-day instead of the traditional Sunday. How do they KNOW that having taken on board a man-made 'holy day' to the exclusion of the day that God blessed and sanctified at Creation is not offensive to God?

I'm simply making a pertinent point about hypocrisy and 'convenient focusing' among Christians and am not intending to sidetrack from the main issue.

One day you might acknowledge, Relic, that you and MANY Christians really have no desire to listen to what some homosexuals are trying so desperately to tell you. I truly believe that many a Christian uses the Bible merely to support a 'cherished hatred' that is already harbored within the heart of that individual. And, if so, that is quite a shameful thing to do.

I'm referring here to one's 'sexual orientation' and not the physical act of homosexual behavior. THAT is none of my business.

SputnikBoy said:
my having studied the issue somewhat over the years has led me to believe that there IS some genetic link to same gender sexual attraction.

Oh, really? Please state your source showing just which gene has been found that determines perver... er, sexual orientation.

You entirely miss the point, in any event, that ANY lust, outside of man/woman marriage is SIN.

Homosexuals don't need to answer to Christians, SP. Its God that will be their judge.

Like it or don't.

Oh, and the Sabbath became Sunday upon the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who died so none should perish, regardless of their natural inclination to sin (repentance required).

Homosexuals don't need to answer to Christians, SP. Its God that will be their judge.

So, Homosexuals should be allowed to continue their behavior, in spite of what Christians preach, because Christians will not judge them. They may disagree and warn them that God disproves of such behavior, but they will not judge them for it, and send them anywhere, or ban them from things, because that is GODS job.

I can understand the philosophy of "being wired that way" as to the separation of orientation to the actual acts of homosexual behavior. I can understand the problems I have with a lustful eye being "wired" as I am. I can understand other problems I have with internal and intense anger in some situations that others don't seem to have. I'm wired that way. I don't put action into these inherent characteristics.
What I don't understand is the penchant to make the practice of homosexuality, the act thereof, as something as natural as wind blowing through the trees. What I don't understand is teaching a practice for the sake of safety when in fact it poses the most risk to STDs and the Surgeon General said so when AIDS first made the scene. And what I don't understand is depriving a child of a father/mother relationship for the sake of what two adults want to do saying, "Oh well. The kids will just have to get used to it".
+70% of each state's vote, those that posed the question of gay marriage on a ballot, voted no to marriage or a ban to do so. I hardly doubt that means that 70% of the people that voted that way are christian for if so then that's solid evidence this is a christian or at least a highly religious country simply by how people voted. That begs the question, "Why did they vote that way?" If one cites ignorance then this is a stupid country whose populace are a bunch of uneducated bigots and believe it or not I heard such claims from those who avidly preach tolerance and freedom to think/feel as one wills.
There are two things the practicing homosexual are afraid of... the ballot box and the high risk of AIDS. There is good reason for both.

the same thing happened with blacks. the ballot box killed them.

People use hatred rooted deep in their lives either from their parents, or their moral beliefs, and usually misinterpret things, or take things overboard.

a homosexual marrying another homosexual is not going to make you any less of a Christian is it? Are you going to get aids?

btw, a majority of voters disprove of the job Bush is doing, yet.. he stays in office. A majority of voters disagree with the handling of Iraq, yet we are still there. A majority of voters disagree with the pay raises for politicians, yet they still happen.

We are yet to have a democracy.

No one here is talking about hating homosexuals. It is quite the opposite. As Christians we are to be salt and light and preserve the moral fabric of society. There ARE absolute values, and man/woman marriage is one of them.

No, the homosexual relationships of other folks will not make us less Christian and the contention is absurd. But we will not remain silent on the issue. Are you willing to standby watching silently as souls you could help lead to Christ are damned to eternal separation from God?

christian_soldier said:
No one here is talking about hating homosexuals. It is quite the opposite. As Christians we are to be salt and light and preserve the moral fabric of society. There ARE absolute values, and man/woman marriage is one of them.

No, the homosexual relationships of other folks will not make us less Christian and the contention is absurd. But we will not remain silent on the issue. Are you willing to standby watching silently as souls you could help lead to Christ are damned to eternal separation from God?

Amen, and amen and amen.........

God doesn't hate his children and we shouldn't either. all we can do is show them the way to the Lord. and it's just like anyone who is lost if you don't get through to them then that's fine. they will see the truth in time.

christianbear said:
God doesn't hate his children and we shouldn't either. all we can do is show them the way to the Lord. and it's just like anyone who is lost if you don't get through to them then that's fine. they will see the truth in time.
:smt023 Welcome to the board :)

christianbear said:

And the truth is what? ...that they are not REALLY homosexuals at all but heterosexuals pretending to be homosexuals? ...that all they need do (if INDEED they are 'genuine' homosexuals) is to pray long and hard that they be delivered from their homosexuality and eventually become heterosexual ...?

From an educational standpoint, do any of you guys know what you're talking about? I mean ...REALLY?

SputnikBoy said:
And the truth is what? ...that they are not REALLY homosexuals at all but heterosexuals pretending to be homosexuals? ...that all they need do (if INDEED they are 'genuine' homosexuals) is to pray long and hard that they be delivered from their homosexuality and eventually become heterosexual ...?

From an educational standpoint, do any of you guys know what you're talking about? I mean ...REALLY?

Do you really understand the Sovereignty of God? I mean.... REALLY?

God can not only forgive us of ANY sin, but He can also CLEANSE of of any sin. That includes the sin of homosexuality. Too many people tend to limit God. They say, "Well, that's just the way I am, and I can't do anything about it." That's just a cop-out, because God CAN do something about it no matter what it is. MY God is unlimited.

Jon-Marc said:
God can not only forgive us of ANY sin, but He can also CLEANSE of of any sin. That includes the sin of homosexuality. Too many people tend to limit God. They say, "Well, that's just the way I am, and I can't do anything about it." That's just a cop-out, because God CAN do something about it no matter what it is. MY God is unlimited.

Jon
You are like a breath of fresh air. Too many times we break out with these theological answers that do nothing but confuse the issues and then you bring a suttle wisdom that shakes the building......''I need to learn from your example''

Judy said:
Do you really understand the Sovereignty of God? I mean.... REALLY?
No he does not, but he understands the sovereignty of Ellen G. White. 8-)

SputnikBoy said:

From an educational standpoint you, sputnikboy, don't know what you're talking about, and it is you who are lacking in any provision of a way out of this. It seems you only promote the staying in it for the simple reason being because of them being born with it. Shame, for shame, for you to lack providing the way out of homosexuality in all of your postings. You only speak of how it is, but never mention a way of how it can be and should be, for the whole being, healthwise, for these people who think they are homosexuals. Homosexuality is not God's way! God doesn't make junk! God purifies the unholy and makes it holy and just and righteous in His Holiness! Holiness, sputnikboy is a way without sin. There is no transgression or illness, or perversion in Holiness. But you sputnikboy, you advocate for the way of homosexuals, instead of the way out of it. :sad

Also, Nothing like taking this topic off course to distract the real issue at hand, aye! :-?

This topic is about how homosexuals and their advocates misinterpret scripture. Please. Point out how these advocates are doing so in their postings.

In this case, Sputnik boy is resorting to the carnal minded thinking and not even considering holy scripture in his reasonings.

Sputnikboy uses carnal minded thinking instead of the Holy Spirit of God for his truth. A lack of use of scripture! Why? Because scripture only proves Sputnikboy's thinking to be in error, that's why he doesn't use it to back up what he says. Again, proof that advocated doesn't understand the character of God. Sputnik doesn't even use scripture to help him gain understanding is such areas as this one.

He only says "Christians" don't know anything about the physical side of it. You are dead wrong , Sputnikboy. Sputnik, are you a "student" of psychology? Well, it is clear, that you are of the secular mind set who leaves out the truth according to the Holy Spirit of God. If you would have studied the character of God as much as you concentrate on your secular mindset, you would have some clue as to the teachings of Christ Jesus and the workings of the Holy Spirit in that through man by way of Holiness of God. But you lack faith and belief in His Holy Word. So it does not work through you, And you just don't get it. You just don't understand the principles and precepts of the Holy spirit of God, It's purity it's cleansing powers, it's healing powers. None of it. You just don't get it. do you? So sad. Seems to me you haven't payed much attention to the Holy Spirit in how He reveals things both good and bad in life and of choosing the righteous path instead of the perverse. Well, "Christians" learn of both sides of the coin, while you only pay attention to the carnal and the secular. We believe in the "Holy" truth of the word and we believe in the consequences of transgressing the absolute Holy truth. You have consistently ignored it in your writings here But only continue to advocate for the homosexual as if they can't help it. When if FACT they can get healing and health in the Holy spirit.

Your messages sputnikboy, lacks provision of the solution! And that! is a distortion of truth by way of withholding the teaching of faith, the things hoped for!
And if you don't preach healing through faith and hope in the Holy Word of God then you are not advocating the cure, but are advocating the stuck in a rut mentality as if there is hardly a way out.

You call all of us unchristian, well, Sputnikboy, you messages lack of providing a way out of that homosexual life style is un-Christian! But you only act as if it is an okay way of being. Well it is not. It is a destructive way of life and the devil only comes to kill, steal and destroy. but you don't preach that do you? :-? You don't even teach the ways of the devil as the source of wanting to stay in all of that destructive lifestyle do you? You are a type to promote the secular, carnal, and you advocate for it, instead of against the destruction it brings about by living in it in a distorted manner.

Sputnikboy, you cannot serve two masters. You either take side with God or you take sides with carnal minded thinking, and I see you have consistently taken side with the carnal minded thinkers of this world.
Have you considered the fact that there is nothing new to God and that the scripture is the holy truth of God?
The scriptures reveal so much more than you are paying attention to, Sputnikboy. And so, because of your insistence on sticking to carnal minded thinking, you are blinded from His Holy Truth by your own stubbornness to stay in the carnal mindset.

Notice how this subject whenever any aspect of it is examined it always gets swayed off course by the advocates of homosexuality to the hate tactic. Sputnikboy, in his last ditch effort tries to use that old hate card, but it doesn't work and never will, so he may as well stop trying to use it.

When is he going to realize we do not hate people, but that we hate the sin. No different than any normal parent hates the misbehavior, but love their own child.

Sputnikboy, tell me, how do you account for people who have come out of homosexuality?

It seems to me, Sputnikboy, you have no "faith" in the healing powers of God through Christ Jesus. Christ Jesus taught that faith is what prompts the healing from God. Why don't you teach those so called "homosexuals' you advocate for the power of belief and faith in His Holy Word? Is it because your secular organizations or certain board members to such groups disallow it? :-?

Well stick to your secular societies way of thinking and you will be slow in finding help to those people who think they are homosexuals and "LOVE" being in that state of affairs. The Holy Spirit of God does not "love" perversely, and anyone who "loves" the mind-set of homosexuality is in dire need of some mental help. Their "spirit" is being perversely affected by destructive carnality.

Anyone who advocates for homosexuality is very un-Christian.

If you claim to be a Christian, why don't you back up Jesus Christ who says to go and sin no more? Instead, Sputnikboy, you come on board and defend the physical, by claiming it's a physical thing, but nowhere do you say it is curable or that people can come out of homosexuality with proper assistance.

If you want to discuss it from the "physical" side of the spectrum. You should make your own thread and stop hijacking mine away from the subject of how homosexuals and their advocated misinterpret scripture!

You insist on bringing this up in this thread! Well then let's have a go at it Sputnikboy! If a person is born with a birth defect..... why ignore it, just because it is a sexual one. Doctors are still quite ignorant on this as they continue to perform operations on people that are detrimental to the persons as a whole in the long run. In cases of trans-sexuality, doctors look at the physical without considering the complete well being of the person. They only see the mind-set of the person, and regard only how strongly they are "set" in living in such a state and would think to be happy after the operation. How well they would handle it is not anywhere close to a doctor to determine for the simple fact that these people are unstable to begin with and that once they operation is done, their mind sets become worse not better. They are taken deeper into the perverse lifestyle than they were at first.
You must realize this is a new medical procedure. The doctors don't even know how these peoples mind-sets will be in 20 to 30 years from the operation. Why? Because they lack the knowledge of the carnal spirit of man vs. the Holy Spirit of God and the firm foundation from which it stands.

Look at plastic surgeons these days. Cosmetics takes precedence over a persons mental state. Proof being, there have been people who have had excessive unneeded cosmetic surgeries just because they "thought" they wanted to look prettier and in fact have ended up looking like Michael Jackson! And continue to hold onto the perverse mindset in spite of their operations! The Carnal mind set is a dangerous thing!

The problem is , Sputnikboy. You see it from a carnal mindset. You see nothing of this from the perspective of the inspired Holy Word of God. Do you take claim to being a Christian? If so, then Stop advocating for the carnal minded acts of sin. Everyone knows the Physical can be treated by doctors that aren't type who are nothing but butchers or money hungry vultures. Nothing like a good dose of testosterone when it is lacking or, in the case of women estrogen. If it is not physical, it is a mental condition. Both can be treated properly, And, Christ Jeus teaches the healing and overcoming of any malady. Even to those who are physically disabled in other ways.

If a person is depressed do we advocate for them to stay in the depressed state of being? NO. So then, why do you advocate for the person who has a chemical imbalance to stay in the homosexual state of being if what is out of balance in their bodies are their testosterone or estrogen levels? [/size]

If it isn't a physical condition, then for sure it is a mental one. Get a clue. And the cure in either case is available. Christ Jesus preached healing, as will testify many a former homosexuals.

The choices we make are determinant of the outcome we get. Choose homosexual life style, you will be plagued with far more problems than many other people on this earth who choose to not live that lifestyle, both mental and physical.

And so, Christ teaches to repent and follow Him. To go and sin no more.

And please stop hijacking this thread with your hate cards and your physical arguments.
This thread is about the mis-interpretation the homosexuals and their advocates use to suite their own distorted desires.
What scritpures they distort and how they are distorted is a what should be worked out here. If yu advocates of homosexuality want to start thread on the physical side of it or if you think hate is involved, then start your own thread on that specific subject. Thank you.

I appreciate all the "Christians" who have shown the advocates of homosexuality to be in error, however, can we get back on topic about which scriptures they use to distort truth and how it is they do not understand the character of God in doing so?

Much appreciated.

Relic said:
From an educational standpoint you, sputnikboy, don't know what you're talking about, and it is you who are lacking in any provision of a way out of this. It seems you only promote the staying in it for the simple reason being because of them being born with it. Shame, for shame, for you to lack providing the way out of homosexuality in all of your postings. You only speak of how it is, but never mention a way of how it can be and should be, for the whole being, healthwise, for these people who think they are homosexuals. Homosexuality is not God's way! God doesn't make junk! God purifies the unholy and makes it holy and just and righteous in His Holiness! Holiness, sputnikboy is a way without sin. There is no transgression or illness, or perversion in Holiness. But you sputnikboy, you advocate for the way of homosexuals, instead of the way out of it. :sad

Also, Nothing like taking this topic off course to distract the real issue at hand, aye! :-?

This topic is about how homosexuals and their advocates misinterpret scripture. Please. Point out how these advocates are doing so in their postings.

In this case, Sputnik boy is resorting to the carnal minded thinking and not even considering holy scripture in his reasonings.

Sputnikboy uses carnal minded thinking instead of the Holy Spirit of God for his truth. A lack of use of scripture! Why? Because scripture only proves Sputnikboy's thinking to be in error, that's why he doesn't use it to back up what he says. Again, proof that advocated doesn't understand the character of God. Sputnik doesn't even use scripture to help him gain understanding is such areas as this one.

He only says "Christians" don't know anything about the physical side of it. You are dead wrong , Sputnikboy. Sputnik, are you a "student" of psychology? Well, it is clear, that you are of the secular mind set who leaves out the truth according to the Holy Spirit of God. If you would have studied the character of God as much as you concentrate on your secular mindset, you would have some clue as to the teachings of Christ Jesus and the workings of the Holy Spirit in that through man by way of Holiness of God. But you lack faith and belief in His Holy Word. So it does not work through you, And you just don't get it. You just don't understand the principles and precepts of the Holy spirit of God, It's purity it's cleansing powers, it's healing powers. None of it. You just don't get it. do you? So sad. Seems to me you haven't payed much attention to the Holy Spirit in how He reveals things both good and bad in life and of choosing the righteous path instead of the perverse. Well, "Christians" learn of both sides of the coin, while you only pay attention to the carnal and the secular. We believe in the "Holy" truth of the word and we believe in the consequences of transgressing the absolute Holy truth. You have consistently ignored it in your writings here But only continue to advocate for the homosexual as if they can't help it. When if FACT they can get healing and health in the Holy spirit.

Your messages sputnikboy, lacks provision of the solution! And that! is a distortion of truth by way of withholding the teaching of faith, the things hoped for!
And if you don't preach healing through faith and hope in the Holy Word of God then you are not advocating the cure, but are advocating the stuck in a rut mentality as if there is hardly a way out.

You call all of us unchristian, well, Sputnikboy, you messages lack of providing a way out of that homosexual life style is un-Christian! But you only act as if it is an okay way of being. Well it is not. It is a destructive way of life and the devil only comes to kill, steal and destroy. but you don't preach that do you? :-? You don't even teach the ways of the devil as the source of wanting to stay in all of that destructive lifestyle do you? You are a type to promote the secular, carnal, and you advocate for it, instead of against the destruction it brings about by living in it in a distorted manner.

Sputnikboy, you cannot serve two masters. You either take side with God or you take sides with carnal minded thinking, and I see you have consistently taken side with the carnal minded thinkers of this world.
Have you considered the fact that there is nothing new to God and that the scripture is the holy truth of God?
The scriptures reveal so much more than you are paying attention to, Sputnikboy. And so, because of your insistence on sticking to carnal minded thinking, you are blinded from His Holy Truth by your own stubbornness to stay in it.

Notice how this subject whenever any aspect of it is examined it always gets swayed off course by the advocates of homosexuality to the hate tactic. Sputnikboy, in his last ditch effort tries to use that old hate card, but it doesn't work and never will, so he may as well stop trying to use it.

When is he going to realize we do not hate people, but that we hate the sin. No different than any normal parent hates the misbehavior, but love their own child.

Sputnikboy, tell me, how do you account for people who have come out of homosexuality?

It seems to me, Sputnikboy, you have no "faith" in the healing powers of God through Christ Jesus. Christ Jesus taught that faith is what prompts the healing from God. Why don't you teach those so called "homosexuals' you advocate for the power of belief and faith in His Holy Word? Is it because your secular organizations or certain board members to such groups disallow it? :-?

Well stick to your secular societies way of thinking and you will be slow in finding help to those people who think they are homosexuals and "LOVE" being in that state of affairs. The Holy Spirit of God does not "love" perversely, and anyone who "loves" the mind-set of homosexuality is in dire need of some mental help. Their "spirit" is being perversely affected by destructive carnality.

If you claim to be a Christian, why don't you back up Jesus Christ who says to go and sin no more? Instead, Sputnikboy, you come on board and defend the physical, by claiming it's a physical thing, but nowhere do you say it is curable or that people can come out of homosexuality with proper assistance.

If you want to discuss it from the "physical" side of the spectrum. You should make your own thread and stop hijacking mine away from the subject of how homosexuals and their advocated misinterpret scripture!

You insist on bringing this up in this thread! Well then let's have a go at it Sputnikboy! If a person is born with a birth defect..... why ignore it, just because it is a sexual one. Doctors are still quite ignorant on this as they continue to perform operations on people that are detrimental to the persons as a whole in the long run. In cases of trans-sexuality, doctors look at the physical without considering the complete well being of the person. They only see the mind-set of the person, and regard only how strongly they are "set" in living in such a state and would think to be happy after the operation. How well they would handle it is not anywhere close to a doctor to determine for the simple fact that these people are unstable to begin with and that once they operation is done, their mind sets become worse not better. They are taken deeper into the perverse lifestyle than they were at first.
You must realize this is a new medical procedure. The doctors don't even know how these peoples mind-sets will be in 20 to 30 years from the operation. Why? Because they lack the knowledge of the carnal spirit of man vs. the Holy Spirit of God and the firm foundation from which it stands.

Look at plastic surgeons these days. Cosmetics takes precedence over a persons mental state. Proof being, there have been people who have had excessive unneeded cosmetic surgeries just because they "thought" they wanted to look prettier and in fact have ended up looking like Michael Jackson! And continue to hold onto the perverse mindset in spite of their operations! The Carnal mind set is a dangerous thing!

The problem is , Sputnikboy. You see it from a carnal mindset. You see nothing of this from the perspective of the inspired Holy Word of God. Do you take claim to being a Christian? If so, then Stop advocating for the carnal minded acts of sin. Everyone knows the Physical can be treated by doctors that aren't type who are nothing but butchers or money hungry vultures. Nothing like a good dose of testosterone when it is lacking or, in the case of women estrogen. If it is not physical, it is a mental condition. Both can be treated properly, And, Christ Jeus teaches the healing and overcoming of any malady. Even to those who are physically disabled in other ways.

If a person is depressed do we advocate for them to stay in the depressed state of being? NO. So then, why do you advocate for the person who has a chemical imbalance to stay in the homosexual state of being if what is out of balance in their bodies are their testosterone or estrogen levels? [/size]

If it isn't a physical condition, then for sure it is a mental one. Get a clue. And the cure in either case is available. Christ Jesus preached healing, as will testify many a former homosexuals.

The choices we make are determinant of the outcome we get. Choose homosexual life style, you will be plagued with far more problems than many other people on this earth who choose to not live that lifestyle, both mental and physical.

And please stop hijacking this thread with your hate cards and your physical arguments.
This thread is about the mis-interpretation the homosexuals and their advocates use to suite their own distorted desires.
What scritpures they distort and how they are distorted is a what should be worked out here. If yu advocates of homosexuality want to start thread on the physical side of it or if you think hate is involved, then start your own thread on that specific subject. Thank you.

I appreciate all the "Christians" who have shown the advocates of homosexuality to be in error, however, can we get back on topic about which scriptures they use to distort truth and how it is they do not understand the character of God in doing so?

Much appreciated.

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

jgredline said:
Jon
You are like a breath of fresh air. Too many times we break out with these theological answers that do nothing but confuse the issues and then you bring a suttle wisdom that shakes the building......''I need to learn from your example''

Thank you for that compliment. God says that we are to become like little children, and that means in our faith in Him. Trust Him implicitely, because we CAN. He does NOT tell us to use our wisdom and knowledge to analyze and study Him. He does tell to study His word and learn from it, but He doesn't say to pick it apart because we don't like what it says. No, we cannot fully understand all of it, for who can understand the mind of God?

Some people here seem to think that they will win everyone over to their way of thinking with a multitude of words, but I for one just ignore those long essays and read only the short ones that get to the point quickly. I lose whatever point the person is trying to make in all those unnecessary words. There should be a limit on the length of posts.

Relic said:

The scriptures reveal so much more than you are paying attention to, Sputnikboy. And so, because of your insistence on sticking to carnal minded thinking, you are blinded from His Holy Truth by your own stubbornness to stay in the carnal mindset.

Much appreciated.

Wow
Not this is the mother off all smack downs. Great post!
:smt021

Jon-Marc said:
Thank you for that compliment.

Ho-hum. You slap my back ...I'll slap yours ...(yawn).

Jon-Marc said:
God says that we are to become like little children, and that means in our faith in Him. Trust Him implicitely, because we CAN. He does NOT tell us to use our wisdom and knowledge to analyze and study Him. He does tell to study His word and learn from it, but He doesn't say to pick it apart because we don't like what it says. No, we cannot fully understand all of it, for who can understand the mind of God?

Exactly. Who CAN understand the mind of God? At the end of the day when the relics and the jgs and the solos are still frothing at the mouth over this issue God might JUST have it all figured out! I guess some feel that they earn kudos from God whenever they say or print scriptures that condemn (condemn OTHERS, that is!) or take it on themselves to play God as often as possible as many on this forum do. Moreover, they are so full of their own self-righteousness that they don't even realize that they are doing it.

Jon-Marc said:
Some people here seem to think that they will win everyone over to their way of thinking with a multitude of words, but I for one just ignore those long essays and read only the short ones that get to the point quickly. I lose whatever point the person is trying to make in all those unnecessary words. There should be a limit on the length of posts.

Yes, while we may not agree on this topic, I DO agree with what you say above.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back