Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Homosexuals Misinterpret Scripture

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
SputnikBoy said:
I, on the other hand, have repeatedly informed the forum that I don't see ANY reference in the Bible pertaining to one's sexual orientation (as in homosexuality) and any problems and remedies that may be associated with it.

Lev 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
KJV

God does not change Mal 3:6. What was an abomination to Him is still an abomination to Him.

2 Peter 2:6

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly
KJV

Do you not know what the men of Sodom wanted to do to the angels? It's a quick read. Gen 13

An abomination and ungodly living. Does the Bible need to say more? OK, here's more.

Here God informs us of both men and women participating in homosexual behavior:

Rom 1:26-27

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman , burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
KJV

The Bible says plenty about the wrongs of homosexual behavior, contrary to what SputnikBoy can't seem to find within the pages of God's word.

I certainly hope this will open some minds and hearts to the sincerety of God's truth and help those who need to turn from this vile sin to do so.

Remember said:
Lev 20:13

13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
KJV

God does not change Mal 3:6. What was an abomination to Him is still an abomination to Him.

Well, there you go ...you seem to have permission here for taking the lives of those you deem to be causing an abomination to God. But ...while you're about it you may as well round up all of the liars and those who profane the Sabbath and put them to death also. There are many things that are an abomination to God ...even that little 'fib' you may have told yesterday. :wink:

Remember said:
2 Peter 2:6

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly
KJV

The above is referring to sin ...not 'homosexuality' per se. Homosexuality is all that you and others see whenever the issue of Sodom and Gomorrah is raised. You've been programed to do so. S&G were destroyed because of S-I-N!

Remember said:
Do you not know what the men of Sodom wanted to do to the angels? It's a quick read. Gen 13

An abomination and ungodly living. Does the Bible need to say more?

Well, considering the fact that Christianity has exalted 'homosexuality' as the be and end all of sin and given it the potential for the destruction of life as we know it ...the Bible needs to say MUCH more!

Remember said:
OK, here's more. Here God informs us of both men and women participating in homosexual behavior:

Rom 1:26-27

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Would you explain the above text in detail, Remember? I don't know what it means and I don't know who it is directed towards. Please enlighten me.

Remember said:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman , burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
KJV

That text is rather vague to me, Remember. Would you again enlighten me in regard to WHO it was directed at and WHAT - exactly - does it mean ...? It's one thing giving 'suitable' texts that seem to serve one's purpose. It's another giving that text a Year 2006 interpretation. I will be all ears.

Remember said:
The Bible says plenty about the wrongs of homosexual behavior, contrary to what SputnikBoy can't seem to find within the pages of God's word.

Well, this is exactly my point. The Bible does NOT say plenty about the wrongs of homosexual behavior at all. It doesn't address one's 'sexual orientation' at all. And, in actuality, the word 'homosexual' is found nowhere in the Bible. Jesus never even hinted at the subject. Yes, Potluck, He never even hinted at pedophilia either. But, the deal is ...the topic of homosexuality has become an issue within Christendom that is larger than life itself and I'm not convinced at all that it hasn't been blown way out of proportion. Mass hysteria or/and the potential for promoting such hysteria or/and a feeding frenzy on marginal groups of people is a dangerous thing and I won't become a party to it.

Remember said:
I certainly hope this will open some minds and hearts to the sincerety of God's truth and help those who need to turn from this vile sin to do so.

I personally believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that many little boys (particularly boys) today will soon begin struggling with this 'vile sin' that you hate so much, Remember. AND YOU DON'T HATE IT BECAUSE OF WHAT THE BIBLE MAY SAY OR NOT SAY ABOUT IT. The hatred comes from within you. Please admit this. Genetically speaking, they (the homosexual) have been hard-wired that way and most will first experience fear because of attitudes such as yours. They will then experience guilt because they realize that they are 'not normal' in a heterosexual world. A number of them will later commit suicide. TRUE! Others will live a lie, possibly marry, even have a family. Yet others will accept this 'disposition' since 'changing' their orientation appears to be not possible. They will blatantly or otherwise live a homosexual lifestyle.

Meanwhile Christians will continue on under the pretext that they 'hate the sin but not the sinner' and quote vague or ambiguous texts such as those given above from a VERY old book, much of which was aimed specifically at a certain culture and a certain period of time ...a VERY old book that Christians are still trying to get their head around and that most don't live up to its full potential in their OWN lives anyway.

Sputnikboy wrote:

I personally believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that many little boys (particularly boys) today will soon begin struggling with this 'vile sin' that you hate so much, Remember. AND YOU DON'T HATE IT BECAUSE OF WHAT THE BIBLE MAY SAY OR NOT SAY ABOUT IT. The hatred comes from within you. Please admit this. Genetically speaking, they (the homosexual) have been hard-wired that way and most will first experience fear because of attitudes such as yours. They will then experience guilt because they realize that they are 'not normal' in a heterosexual world. A number of them will later commit suicide. TRUE! Others will live a lie, possibly marry, even have a family. Yet others will accept this 'disposition' since 'changing' their orientation appears to be not possible. They will blatantly or otherwise live a homosexual lifestyle.

Meanwhile Christians will continue on under the pretext that they 'hate the sin but not the sinner' and quote vague or ambiguous texts such as those given above from a VERY old book, much of which was aimed specifically at a certain culture and a certain period of time ...a VERY old book that Christians are still trying to get their head around and that most don't live up to its full potential in their OWN lives anyway.

There ya go deferring from the topic again. Just making all kinds of comments that do not pertain to the misinterpretation of scripture by this particular group of people, but that you must make comments on "other sins" that are not even mentioned in this thread.
Well the subject is not about "other sins", it is about how this particular group misinterprets scripture to suite their own desires.
And, it is not about how any other group of people misinterpret scripture to suite their own desires, it is about one particular group of people! So STOP Diverting the issue away from the OP! :-?

Why do you refuse to stay on track and then force the topic onto other issues? :x Well then, if you are going to insist on going off topic I will address you one final time about what your position on certain issues... :-?

And so, here again, is proof enough that Atheists and agnostics, gays, or those who advocate for the gay movement don't really know or understand the absolute character of God, nor do they know or understand the absolute moral laws of God, nor do they understand from whence comes the consequences of being an amoral person.

Also proof that Sputnikboy does not read the bible enough to have taken on the Holy Spirit who reveals all sin and who leads us to the salvation from sins through Christ Jesus, Our Lord.

This is only proof that Sputnikboy speaks from a point of view insinuating the bible is... "a VERY old book, much of which was aimed specifically at a certain culture and a certain period of time ...a VERY old book that Christians are still trying to get their head around and that most don't live up to its full potential in their OWN lives anyway."

And Sputnikboy, does not even mention anything about Jesus Christ our Savior, but also leaves out the reason Jesus was born of the Holy Spirit in the flesh, died on the cross, resurrected from the dead, and ascended into heaven!

Sputnikboy,

Do you even know Jesus?
Do you even know of the forgiveness that is IN Him, through Him for all those who accept Him?
Do you even know that He is the HEALER of ALL who accept Him?
Do you even know that Jesus is the Redeemer, The Savior of All that accept Him?

Do you have any idea of what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus?

Don't you know that the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus is the one who not only reveals the sins of the world, but also then proceeds to take them out of your life, no matter how long it takes for them to be finally out of your life to the point in which the temptation of them no longer has power over you? God may not alsways heal instantly for all, but HE does heal in due time. You need not hold onto sin, but let it go, and Let God's Holy Spirit take it's place. God works through all the guilt and the shame we find ourselves in when our sins are revealed to us! Study the Word and you will see God is not going to foresake anyone that accepts Him, but will always be there for them. It is us who turn away, and we are the ones who need to learn to pray for the discipline of staying IN His Holy Word. We all need to pray to God keeps us under the protection And when we finally get it, it si because we have come to truly beleive and live the truth. And then, is when we are able to truly see the maturity of the blessing. It is when WE cling to HIS Word, not the words of the secular world.

If you accept Him as Lord and Savior, His Holy Spirit will reveal all that to you and show you how to help your homosexual acquaintances to overcome their predicaments! There are plenty enough former homosexuals that can attest to the truth of His healing and Salvation.

I pray God Bless you in His glory instead your holding onto the secular mindset, I pray the Lord allow you to cling to His Holy Words of Healing and Salvation. It is for the glory of the Lord to be made manifest from out of the physical. And it is by the truth of His word that we are able to overcome.

SputnikBoy said:
Yes, while we may not agree on this topic, I DO agree with what you say above.

Translation: "I didn't read that long post."

You really should read it, sput, and take it to heart.

You are a homosexuals worst enemy and I can only assume you are defending yourself.

SputnikBoy said:
At the end of the day when the relics and the jgs and the solos are still frothing at the mouth over this issue God might JUST have it all figured out!

What arrogance is this? You know fully well God's Word on this matter. Do you think HE will change HIS mind??

All we can do is pray for you, and all those lost in unrepentance, at this point.

SputnikBoy said:
Remember wrote:
KJV

That text is rather vague to me, Remember. Would you again enlighten me in regard to WHO it was directed at and WHAT - exactly - does it mean ...? It's one thing giving 'suitable' texts that seem to serve one's purpose. It's another giving that text a Year 2006 interpretation. I will be all ears.

Whoa! What blatant game-playing we have here. :roll: A 2006 interpretation? Once again I ask you, do you think God has changed HIS mind?

Relic said:
There ya go deferring from the topic again. Just making all kinds of comments that do not pertain to the misinterpretation of scripture by this particular group of people, but that you must make comments on "other sins" that are not even mentioned in this thread.
Well the subject is not about "other sins", it is about how this particular group misinterprets scripture to suite their own desires.
And, it is not about how any other group of people misinterpret scripture to suite their own desires, it is about one particular group of people! So STOP Diverting the issue away from the OP! :-?

Relic, though sput doesn't seem to use scripture, he clearly portrays the mindset of those that do, so in a sense he is right on topic in a deadly wrong way.

:wink:

Remember said:
KJV

Sputnikboy said:

Christian Soldier said:
Whoa! What blatant game-playing we have here. A 2006 interpretation? Once again I ask you, do you think God has changed HIS mind?

I mean EXACTLY what I said ...no game playing, blatant or otherwise. The above scripture tells me NOTHING about one's predisposed sexual orientation. Zilch. Zero. Please explain the text to me (a person living in the year 2006) in language that I and others can understand and appreciate. WHAT does it mean? WHO is the text referring to? WHAT was the reason for the text being given in the first place ...names, dates, etc.? I get bored at scriptures being pulled out of the Bible willy-nilly to supposedly prove a point. I want more than words lifted from the Bible and typed into a post as if they are intended to turn someone 'straight' by the mere reading of them ...okay?

Thank you.

SputnikBoy said:
I mean EXACTLY what I said ...no game playing, blatant or otherwise. The above scripture tells me NOTHING about one's predisposed sexual orientation. Zilch. Zero. Please explain the text to me (a person living in the year 2006) in language that I and others can understand and appreciate. WHAT does it mean? WHO is the text referring to? WHAT was the reason for the text being given in the first place ...names, dates, etc.? I get bored at scriptures being pulled out of the Bible willy-nilly to supposedly prove a point. I want more than words lifted from the Bible and typed into a post as if they are intended to turn someone 'straight' by the mere reading of them ...okay?

Thank you.
I would not consider you to be a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment, nor would I consider you to be a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69, but I would consider your opinions on the scriptures within this thread at that level. If you would like to have a Bible study concerning these items, let me know and I will help you as much as I can. Thanks.

SputnikBoy said:
The above is referring to sin ...not 'homosexuality' per se. Homosexuality is all that you and others see whenever the issue of Sodom and Gomorrah is raised. You've been programed to do so. S&G were destroyed because of S-I-N!

I find it curious that the practice of homosexuality was the sin used to make the point. Why not some other sin like theivery, murder, adultery or even prostitution? Yet, I agree, The issue is S-I-N but the example used to convey the message of how far gone Sodom and Gomorrah were cannot be ignored either.

I guess to clarify the point, God decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah before the homosexual gangrape incident was attempted. These cities were destroyed because:

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. – Ezekiel 16:49

I wonder why Sodom brings up images of homosexuality instead of images of people not helping the poor?

Quath said:
I guess to clarify the point, God decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah before the homosexual gangrape incident was attempted. These cities were destroyed because:

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. – Ezekiel 16:49

I wonder why Sodom brings up images of homosexuality instead of images of people not helping the poor?

They were totally sinful. There was no good in them as the example of those who wanted to have homosexual relations with the men in the house had shown by what they wanted to do.

"God decided to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah before the homosexual gangrape incident was attempted."

lol
Maybe they said to themselves, "Well, God's going to destroy this city anyway so there's no reason to restrict homosexuality anymore. Go for it guys."

Solo said:
I would not consider you to be a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment, nor would I consider you to be a person of borderline intelligence in a former classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69, but I would consider your opinions on the scriptures within this thread at that level. If you would like to have a Bible study concerning these items, let me know and I will help you as much as I can. Thanks.

I really believe you to be sincere in your above post, Solo.

Quath said:
These cities were destroyed because:

Need you ask? The answer is that not helping the poor is accepted in western Christian culture - we all play a game of "I won't call you on your materialistic sin if you won't call me on mine". The reason why S&G only is ever mentioned in the context of homosexuality is because this is not an issue for the overwhelming majority of Christians who are, surprise, heterosexual. So we can bring this sin up and quietly ignore the ones of which we are guilty - not helping the poor enough.

And this is indeed relevant to the topic at hand. When the OP makes such strong statements about how homosexuals distort certain texts, the question as to whether others distort the meaning of other texts in a direction prejudicial to homosexuals is indeed "on the table". Reason: if it can be shown that mainstream Christians distort texts in such a manner, it casts doubt on their "objectivity" in respect to sitting in judgement of the homosexuals whose alleged misrepresentations are the topic of this thread.

Drew said:
Need you ask? The answer is that not helping the poor is accepted in western Christian culture - we all play a game of "I won't call you on your materialistic sin if you won't call me on mine". The reason why S&G only is ever mentioned in the context of homosexuality is because this is not an issue for the overwhelming majority of Christians who are, surprise, heterosexual. So we can bring this sin up and quietly ignore the ones of which we are guilty - not helping the poor enough.

And this is indeed relevant to the topic at hand. When the OP makes such strong statements about how homosexuals distort certain texts, the question as to whether others distort the meaning of other texts in a direction prejudicial to homosexuals is indeed "on the table". Reason: if it can be shown that mainstream Christians distort texts in such a manner, it casts doubt on their "objectivity" in respect to sitting in judgement of the homosexuals whose alleged misrepresentations are the topic of this thread.

Wrong Drew! Stop trying to hyjack this thread onto a different topic. Stop trying to add onto or defer from the Original topic by

making all kinds of comments that do not pertain to the misinterpretation of scripture by this particular group of people, but that you must make comments on "other sins" that are not even mentioned in this thread.
And, it is not about how any other group of people misinterpret scripture to suite their own desires, it is about one particular group of people! So STOP Diverting the issue away from the OP!

You are indeed one very angry and bitter person when it comes to the issue of homosexuality, aren't you, Relic? It shows in most of your posts and I can't help but wonder what caused such animosity to begin with. Please don't tell me that you're merely 'defending' the Bible because I won't believe you. It's something far deeper than that. Whether you call this diverting from the topic at hand or not I see no other issues pertaining to 'sin' that you involve yourself in with such fervor as the issue of homosexuality.

As for the OP, I've already acknowledged that homosexuals (merely a label placed on a fellow human being) probably HAVE misinterpreted scripture. I also acknowledged at the same time that much of Christendom has done the very same thing in order to support its OWN cherished doctrines. So, what the homosexuals may have done is no different to that of mainstream Christianity. Misinterpretations of the scriptures abound. Does this mean that this thread is now over and done with?

Relic,
The fools of this world will always be with us until the return of Jesus Christ. At that time, there will be many very frightened, while those of us who have been born of God will forever be with him in a place where homosexuality will be long forgotten, and the evil of its practice will be over for eternity.
God bless you,
Michael

Solo said:
Relic,
The fools of this world will always be with us until the return of Jesus Christ. At that time, there will be many very frightened, while those of us who have been born of God will forever be with him in a place where homosexuality will be long forgotten, and the evil of its practice will be over for eternity.
God bless you,
Michael

Agreed, Solo.

I have to say, I see no anger in Relic's posts, but, rather a frustration that comes from beating a dead horse. (Which is only a sin if you enjoy it :lol: ).

The adamacy with which Sput defends his homosexual brethren can only lead one to believe he has issues to deal with.

Contrary to what you may or may not believe my only issue is with Christians who have - I believe - blown homosexuality way out of proportion. Furthermore, I feel sure that God is well able to judge each and every one of us and I doubt that he needs our help to do so. And, if 'homosexuality' is indeed genetic in nature I'm sure that He will likewise take such factors into consideration.

As for Relic merely being 'frustrated' ...what has someone's sexuality got to do with her anyway ...?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back