Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How long has everyone been married ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Justice said:
Wow, I feel ancient since I've been married for 33 years. I was 14 and my husband was 19. I praise the Lord for choosing my husband for me!!! We've been blessed with 4 children (3 girls and 1 boy).

God Bless!!!
Justice

Nikki said:
You have GOT to tell me about that! I thought I was young at 18. I want to hear how you met, how you got married at that age (did your parents have to sign?), do you regret it, etc....

If you don't want to tell me, then just say so. I don't want to invade.
(actually, I do.... :lol: )

Your not invading Nikki. You should know by now that I love you and think of you as my sis.

My story has been told here. The ones who know about it are probably tired of hearing it :-? .

Here's the short version: I had an abusive childhood. My step dad was an alcoholic, child molester, who use to beat us.

Some ladies from a Baptist Church would come by and invite us to Church. My step dad wanted everything to appear normal so there was a trade off. He would send the children (which totals 15) while he stayed home.

Even so, that was the best thing that ever happened to me because I found my only hope. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior when I was about 6. I remember praying for protection for my mom, brothers, sisters, and myself.

The abuse continued on and off until one night he almost raped me. My mom woke up and that stopped him. I went outside to try to figure out what to do. I thought I'll run away but I didn't know were to go. My next thought was I can't take it anymore, so I'll just kill myself. But that little still voice said "It's NOT your fault". I cried and prayed.

My step dad never touched me again after that night. A few months later I met my future husband. I knew that the Lord picked him out for me. We dated for almost 3 months before we married. We have been together for 33 years. I had our 1st child when I was 16 and we've been blessed with 3 more.

Even though my husband believed in the Lord he wasn't living it. He went though a short period of drinking and running with the boys type of thing. At that time, I took my 2 little girls and found a Church. My husband followed and he accepted the Lord's calling to preach. After all these years, my husband is still the 2nd love of my life. The 1st being Jesus Christ because without him, there was that 2nd thought.

I had to grow up hard and fast. How we deal with life (the good and the bad) makes who we are. Without Jesus Christ in my life, I know things would not have ended as well. He even gave me enough love to forgive my step dad and I'll never forget that day. I praise the Lord for ALL that he has done!!!

Yes, my parents signed for me and because of the Lord I have no regrets.

Justice

My husband and I have been married for 13 wonderful years. :smt057

Justice said:
Justice said:
Wow, I feel ancient since I've been married for 33 years. I was 14 and my husband was 19. I praise the Lord for choosing my husband for me!!! We've been blessed with 4 children (3 girls and 1 boy).

God Bless!!!
Justice

Nikki said:
You have GOT to tell me about that! I thought I was young at 18. I want to hear how you met, how you got married at that age (did your parents have to sign?), do you regret it, etc....

If you don't want to tell me, then just say so. I don't want to invade.
(actually, I do.... :lol: )

Your not invading Nikki. You should know by now that I love you and think of you as my sis.

My story has been told here. The ones who know about it are probably tired of hearing it :-? .

Here's the short version: I had an abusive childhood. My step dad was an alcoholic, child molester, who use to beat us.

Some ladies from a Baptist Church would come by and invite us to Church. My step dad wanted everything to appear normal so there was a trade off. He would send the children (which totals 15) while he stayed home.

Even so, that was the best thing that ever happened to me because I found my only hope. I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior when I was about 6. I remember praying for protection for my mom, brothers, sisters, and myself.

The abuse continued on and off until one night he almost raped me. My mom woke up and that stopped him. I went outside to try to figure out what to do. I thought I'll run away but I didn't know were to go. My next thought was I can't take it anymore, so I'll just kill myself. But that little still voice said "It's NOT your fault". I cried and prayed.

My step dad never touched me again after that night. A few months later I met my future husband. I knew that the Lord picked him out for me. We dated for almost 3 months before we married. We have been together for 33 years. I had our 1st child when I was 16 and we've been blessed with 3 more.

Even though my husband believed in the Lord he wasn't living it. He went though a short period of drinking and running with the boys type of thing. At that time, I took my 2 little girls and found a Church. My husband followed and he accepted the Lord's calling to preach. After all these years, my husband is still the 2nd love of my life. The 1st being Jesus Christ because without him, there was that 2nd thought.

I had to grow up hard and fast. How we deal with life (the good and the bad) makes who we are. Without Jesus Christ in my life, I know things would not have ended as well. He even gave me enough love to forgive my step dad and I'll never forget that day. I praise the Lord for ALL that he has done!!!

Yes, my parents signed for me and because of the Lord I have no regrets.

Justice

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing your story. That's amazing. There aren't many people that are as lucky as you. Gos really was by your side. So, your husband really was your knight in shining armor. I'm so sorry that you had to endure so much though. Maybe that's what made you so strong. You are such an amazing woman.

Almost a year and a half. We lived together for . . . about three years before that.

Just celebrated our 10th anniversary on the 25th of Nov. :)

how long been married

My husband and I have been married 10 years this past September!
Still going strong with 3 kids later! I couldn't have done any better. I stay home with the children instead of teaching. Not saying marriage is easy, but it is great!

Misty Brock
"as for me and my house we will serve the Lord"
Joshua 24:15
http://stayhome4three.themomteam.com

Back