Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] How old is the Earth???

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
But you said, "God made the whole creation 'look old'."

Ok, brother, I see what your saying. Let me better explain. Satan has exploited the appearce of an "old earth" to extrapolate it to "millions of years". It's just a tactical attack. God had to make it "look old" as Jesus made grapes into wine in seconds. The earth looks old, but in fact, due to the miracle ( of creation) it's actually, young.

Many people believe that the Earth is millions of years old. Scientists have been telling us about dinosaurs millions of years ago. How many here really beileve that the world is millions of years old? According to the Bible, the Earth is only about only 6000 years old, where in Genesis 1 God created the Earth Moons and stars. Evolutionists try to get you to believe that the Earth is millions of years old to sell you on evolution. In the book of Job there were Behemoths that roamed the Earth. And of course there were different sizes of Behemoths just like there are different sizes of dogs, cats etc etc. So what Im saying is that God created these "Dinosaurs" when he created all of the other animals. There were never meat eating dinosaurs such as Tyranasaurus Rex, etc. Behemoths were grass, veggie eating big animals. Sorry not a point to this but I just wanted to state my opinion on this matter. God Bless
Evolutionists can't get me to believe in their evolution, and they never will.

I am sorry to have to say this, but the old earth paradigm is satans masterpiece of deception. Without it, his worldview crumbles like old cheese. It took me along time to wrap my brain around this concept that the earth could be young. But since adapting it, I have such an incredible peace and understanding that it defines decription.

Well said, the brainwashing that has taken hold on mankind is devilish indeed..

tob

Where is the biblical support I asked for?

Where is the biblical proof? Genesis. Its all laid out there. How one chooses to Interprete the data tells the tale. What's makes the most sense?

1. God creates a man and a woman in a garden with food at the ready, shelter within reach -and water- fully created ( looking old but being young )
Or
2. Slowly crawling out slime and making my way to dirt and then who knows what? Let's hope I evolve.

After this thing with dinosaurs i did a search "is dinosaur a man made word" here's what came up..

Dinosaurs: Science Or Science Fiction

When children go to a dinosaur museum, are the displays they see displays of science or displays of art and science fiction? Are we being deceived and brainwashed at an early age into believing a dinosaur myth? Deep probing questions need to be asked of the entire dinosaur business.

This article will discuss the possibility that there may have been an ongoing effort since the earliest dinosaur "discoveries" to plant, mix and match bones of various animals, such as crocodiles, alligators, iguanas, giraffes, elephants, cattle, kangaroos, ostriches, emus, dolphins, whales, rhinoceroses, etc. to construct and create a new man-made concept prehistoric animal called the dinosaur. This article does not claim that that "dinosaurs never existed" or that "scientists just made up dinosaurs". Note the use of the words "possible", "possibly", "possibility", "may", and "could". There is an important difference, between claiming something is true, and claiming something is possible.

Where bones from existing animals are not satisfactory for deception purposes, plaster substitutes may be manufactured and used. Some material similar or superior to plasticine clay or plaster of Paris would be suitable. Molds may also be employed. A 144-page book titled "Make Your Own Dinosaur Out of Chicken Bones" provides step-by-step instructions complete with detailed drawings and diagrams.

http://www.ocii.com/~dpwozney/dinosaurs.htm

tob

Ok, brother, I see what your saying. Let me better explain. Satan has exploited the appearce of an "old earth" to extrapolate it to "millions of years". It's just a tactical attack. God had to make it "look old" as Jesus made grapes into wine in seconds. The earth looks old, but in fact, due to the miracle ( of creation) it's actually, young.
So it's deception for Satan to get people to believe the Earth is old but not deception for God to make it look old when it actually isn't?

Where is the biblical proof? Genesis. Its all laid out there. How one chooses to Interprete the data tells the tale. What's makes the most sense?

1. God creates a man and a woman in a garden with food at the ready, shelter within reach -and water- fully created ( looking old but being young )
Or
2. Slowly crawling out slime and making my way to dirt and then who knows what? Let's hope I evolve.
That isn't proof at all; that's circular reasoning. A close reading of Gen 1 even leaves the door open for an old earth, but the fact is, the Bible gives no indication as to the age of the Earth. Proof needs to be specific.

Sin is the proof, when buy one man sin entered the world, and death by sin.. Romans 5:12 i believe before that everything looked young vibrant shiny and new..

tob

i also believe that the universe as we see it today is evidence of Gods wrath after that fateful day when Adam stepped over the line..

tob

Thr Young Earth Creation model best fits and describes what we actually see in the data.
What data? If you look at data, an old earth is the only option. It is only by twisting and adding to scripture that you can obtain ANY indication of the age of the earth in the Bible - it simply is not there.

Based on Genesis, the earth could be 165 trillion years old, or 5000 years old.

Based on science, the evidence is rather overwhelming that the universe is BILLIONS of years old and that the earth has been around for a long time, but certainly not as long as the rest of creation.

i also believe that the universe as we see it today is evidence of Gods wrath after that fateful day when Adam stepped over the line..

tob
I'm more concerned about God's wrath over OUR stepping over the line today. (I speak culturally, mostly, as we all sit here at our computers in a world where babies are dissected alive in the womb and vacuumed out in pieces.)

I'm more concerned about God's wrath over OUR stepping over the line today. (I speak culturally, mostly, as we all sit here at our computers in a world where babies are dissected alive in the womb and vacuumed out in pieces.)

We're all concerned about Gods wrath, its on all those that don't believe, and we're thankful he's provided a way of escape... But we were discussing earths age..

tob

What data? If you look at data, an old earth is the only option. It is only by twisting and adding to scripture that you can obtain ANY indication of the age of the earth in the Bible - it simply is not there.

Based on Genesis, the earth could be 165 trillion years old, or 5000 years old.

Based on science, the evidence is rather overwhelming that the universe is BILLIONS of years old and that the earth has been around for a long time, but certainly not as long as the rest of creation.

The evidence is there pizza map it out, just using Gods word not the scientific worldly evidence the devil has been feeding us since we were children...

tob

Evolutionists can't get me to believe in their evolution, and they never will.
So it's deception for Satan to get people to believe the Earth is old but not deception for God to make it look old when it actually isn't?

Friend. I see this argument allot and I don't understand it. God never I tended a deception! He created, we interpreted. Just because some see an "old earth" and then assume an old earth, does not mean its an old earth! It's only old when you adopte the old earth premise. I beleive its deception yes. Does it mean your going it hell because you beleive an old earth ? No. This issue is not salvation orientated. It does however, strengthen a Christain with the knowlegde that the evidence, science & God are fully in agreement. They are.

Friend. I see this argument allot and I don't understand it. God never I tended a deception! He created, we interpreted. Just because some see an "old earth" and then assume an old earth, does not mean its an old earth! It's only old when you adopte the old earth premise. I beleive its deception yes. Does it mean your going it hell because you beleive an old earth ? No. This issue is not salvation orientated. It does however, strengthen a Christain with the knowlegde that the evidence, science & God are fully in agreement. They are.
Explain the "science" behind my walking out in the yard this evening and looking at the sky, I can see the faint glow of the Andromeda galaxy, which is 2.5 million light years away. Explain the "science" behind the fact that I can look back in time 2.5 million years that also explains a "young earth".

Explain the "science" behind my walking out in the yard this evening and looking at the sky, I can see the faint glow of the Andromeda galaxy, which is 2.5 million light years away. Explain the "science" behind the fact that I can look back in time 2.5 million years that also explains a "young earth".

Lol pizza, really? You can't imagine God creating the stars and heavens as we understand them in situ? Really? A 30 year old man, a thirty year old tree, 20 sec wine....a star far far away....

Someone is deleting posts. Admin??
No one has deleted any of your posts. In future, ask this via PM as per the TOS and remember that this forum has specific rules.

Lol pizza, really? You can't imagine God creating the stars and heavens as we understand them in situ? Really? A 30 year old man, a thirty year old tree, 20 sec wine....a star far far away....
Again, where is your science? You said that you could support your position with science and scripture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back