Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am a Catholic, why should I consider becoming a Christian?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Wow...you really have a distorted view of what protestants do. We have "nothing like it???"...you have no idea what we have!

I have been to a couple of years of various protestant services with my wife. Have discussions with protestants at work and listen to Protestant radio daily. I have a bit more of an idea than you think. I have heard bits and peices of this in Protestant teachings but nothing as in depth as this. Not even close. You of course don't even know what it is and you make comments about it. I stand by what I said.

People have been waiting 2000 years for the Catholic Church to be destroyed and it still stands. "the gates of hell shall not prevail". Let me guess which side you are on. It may not be the one you think. :o

RobertMazar said:
Who states that spreading the Gospel Of Christ is to be done verbally only and not by the written word? And I do tell other individuals on discussion forums how to get to Heaven. I tell them that they have to become Born Again by praying to Christ and asking Him to become their Savior. That is what spreading the Gospel Of Christ is. My brother who is a Non Denominational Church member knows what I know about salvation coming from trusting in alone for salvation and yet my brother does not state that I have to leave the RCC and join a Fundamentalist Protestant Church or else I will in no way gain entrance into Heaven. Regardless if I do not leave the RCC and do not join a Fundamentalist Protestant Church I will still gain entrance into Heaven because of receiving Christ as my Savior, which is the only requirement there is for gaining entrance into Heaven. When everybody stands before Christ after they pass away He will not require for entrance into Heaven that everybody had belonged to a Fundamentalist Protestant Church and received Him as their Savior. The only thing that Christ will require for entrance into Heaven is that everybody had received Him as their Savior. I admit that I post under the name of Robert Mazar on another discussion forum. Robert Mazar is not my real name. I do not post under my real name anywhere for the sole purpose that I wish to remain anonymous so that individuals do not know what my real name is and where I reside. :morning:
Robert, you keep repeating yourself but you didn't address even half of what I wrote!
I never said ANYTHING was wrong with witnessing on forums. Let me ask you this, if you didn't have access to a computer or lets say when computers didn't exist, (or at least the internet) how did people spread God's Word? How would you be spreading God's Word?

Did you even READ my post to you? All you ever want to do is point out that you said a prayer to Jesus and that you are going to heaven and that it doesn't matter where you go to church. I GET IT. Enough already. I never stated that that wasn't true!

I'm real glad to know you didn't use your real name (or where you reside) for your username on either forum.

thessalonian said:
I have been to a couple of years of various protestant services with my wife. Have discussions with protestants at work and listen to Protestant radio daily. I have a bit more of an idea than you think. I have heard bits and peices of this in Protestant teachings but nothing as in depth as this. Not even close. You of course don't even know what it is and you make comments about it. I stand by what I said.

People have been waiting 2000 years for the Catholic Church to be destroyed and it still stands. "the gates of hell shall not prevail". Let me guess which side you are on. It may not be the one you think. :o
For your first paragraph, you have no clue what you are talking about.

And for your 2nd paragraph...it's not time yet but it IS coming. She will be DESTROYED. And what do you mean by "it may not be the one you think" comment?

golfjack said:
If we permit men to mislead us in eternal matters and are lost, it will be too late to personally see after our welfare.
I think it is very hard to disagree with this statement.

One of the ways that men "mislead" is through inflammatory rhetoric. A common manifestation of this in these threads is declarations that certain positions or persons are "of the devil". When people use this tactic in discussion, they are tacitly abandoning the mutually edifying process of studying the Scriptures colloboratively to see what they really mean.

Let's take the RC issue. If there are aspects of RC doctrine that are arguably unBiblical, then that case should be made by presenting the appropriate Scripturally supported argument, not by declaring supporters of RC doctrine to be minions of Satan.

When we call someone a child of the devil, we might as well be saying the following: "Since I have not convinced you of the truth of my position by Bibical arguments, then I will seek to have my position prevail by vilifying and demonizing those who hold the contrary view".

If the Scriptures really do support position "X", then let them speak to that effect.

Drew said:
Let's take the RC issue. If there are aspects of RC doctrine that are arguably unBiblical, then that case should be made by presenting the appropriate Scripturally supported argument, not by declaring supporters of RC doctrine to be minions of Satan.
I haven't read any posts by anyone here stating that the RC supporters are minions of Satan.
That is word twisting.

I personally love Catholic people. But don't confuse that with my hating the false teachings of the Catholic church and also know Satan runs it but I do not claim that those who are in her choke-hold bondage of religion are Satan's little people. Not at all.

Show me where someone wrote such a thing here at this forum.

ThreeInOne said:
For your first paragraph, you have no clue what you are talking about.

How can I not have a clue about my own personal experience? :-? You have not studied theology of the body so how can you know what you state. You don't even know what it is.

Sisterc and golfjack,

I am not at all against reading and studying the Bible. But golfjack you claim that because God gave it to us, evyerbody should be studying it. Would someone please tell me how many of those 3000 on the day of pentecost brought there Bibles to services the next day? Let's do it as a percentage.

How many say less than 1%

Do I hear an amen!

Seems like you folks make reading the bible almost conditional for salvation but the vast majority of man in 2000 years has not even been able to read. Apparently if reading the Bible is what salvation is about God has left a big part of men down through the ages out.

thessalonian said:
How can I not have a clue about my own personal experience? :-? You have not studied theology of the body so how can you know what you state. You don't even know what it is.
But yet you try to claim that you know what a protestant church teaches, because you have listened on the radio and been to a couple? Robert made a statement that he knows by heart what the preist is going to say because it is repeated over and over, well that to me sounds like a bunch of Robots! Three had been in a Catholic church for about 20 years so I think she would know some things about it.

Thess. Do you really know how so many came to Christ after Pentacost? The Apostles were empowered by the Holy Spirit. The Book of Acts tells me that most believed because of all the miracles that happened during their ministry. This is why Jesus sent the comforter to them in the upper room. What you said is true about people during the early centuries that didn't study a Bible. But why? Well, there was no printing press for one thing. And the Catholic Church kept it hidden down through the early centuries. Thess, the Catholic Church is not on high moral grounds. Just think how many went to hell as a result of not teaching their people the Bible.

May God bless, Golfjack

How can someone bring a Bible to pentecost when God was not finished with His Word until 90 AD? Come on! So silly

But I bet they had scrolls from the OT with them..

Seems like you folks make reading the bible almost conditional for salvation but the vast majority of man in 2000 years has not even been able to read. Apparently if reading the Bible is what salvation is about God has left a big part of men down through the ages out.
You must NOT know Heb.4:12... Where it says, For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword. God's word is powerful, And the more you read God's word the stronger you become. Do you think that God gave us his word just to sit on a shelf and collect dust? :-?

What was Jesus talking about when he continually said, "It is written"?

God's Word was written in the Books of the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings. These were read unceasingly in Jesus day. Also, all of the New Testament writings were written in the first century. The writings were passed on to the various churches throughout the gentile world while the Apostles were still alive. To say that the Scriptures were not available to the early church is a lie of the devil.

Atonement said:
How can someone bring a Bible to pentecost when God was not finished with His Word until 90 AD? Come on! So silly

But I bet they had scrolls from the OT with them..

In other words the NT Church did not know this "everybody bring your bible to Church" that sisterc is criticizing the Catholic Church for. Thank you. I would contend that until sometime after the printing press, less than 1% of the people brought bibles to Church.

thessalonian said:
In other words the NT Church did not know this "everybody bring your bible to Church" that sisterc is criticizing the Catholic Church for. Thank you. I would contend that until sometime after the printing press, less than 1% of the people brought bibles to Church.
The written Word of God takes a lower priority among Roman Catholics as they have been taught that the pope, cardinals, bishops, priests, etc. know better than the laity in matters of the Word of God, therefore, the laity depends on others for their spiritual food even though most of them have not been born again and do not have the Holy Spirit to guide and teach them.

Re: reply

golfjack said:
Thess. Do you really know how so many came to Christ after Pentacost? The Apostles were empowered by the Holy Spirit. The Book of Acts tells me that most believed because of all the miracles that happened during their ministry. This is why Jesus sent the comforter to them in the upper room.

Golfjack,

You talk like your teaching me something I don't know, as if I am some sort of ignoramous. You point out the obvious as if I couldn't possibly see it and the Catholic church hides it from me. :-?

What you said is true about people during the early centuries that didn't study a Bible. But why? Well, there was no printing press for one thing. And the Catholic Church kept it hidden down through the early centuries. Thess, the Catholic Church is not on high moral grounds. Just think how many went to hell as a result of not teaching their people the Bible.
May God bless, Golfjack

Once again with regard to why people didn't study the Bible as much your not telling me something I didn't know. Take it up with sisterc. As far as the Catholic Church keeping the Bible hidden, ya, that's why the read it to the people.

thessalonian said:

Thess. We hardly ever agree, but I do agree with you on this one. No, they could not have brought a Bible with them. However I think that if you would have presented Sister with this question as I did with you, she would have found error in her post.

But little does one care about the 1st Century Church, what about today? Do you take your Bible with you today? The Bible does say that we should study to show ourselves approved.

Solo said:
The written Word of God takes a lower priority among Roman Catholics as they have been taught that the pope, cardinals, bishops, priests, etc. know better than the laity in matters of the Word of God, therefore, the laity depends on others for their spiritual food even though most of them have not been born again and do not have the Holy Spirit to guide and teach them.

continue to disort the truth.

Feed your pride and that of others.

Atonement said:
Thess. We hardly ever agree, but I do agree with you on this one. No, they could not have brought a Bible with them. However I think that if you would have presented Sister with this question as I did with you, she would have found error in her post.

I did in fact and she just digs in her heals.

But little does one care about the 1st Century Church, what about today? Do you take your Bible with you today? The Bible does say that we should study to show ourselves approved.

As I said before the scriptures are read in Church out of books that are quite readily available to the people. Laity even read them as I have. We can bring a bible but it is truly not neccessary. The scrirputres in fact emphasize "hearing the word of God" and that is what the Catholic Church emphasizes. But they also highly encourage reading the word of God as a matter of fact. They also encourage Bible study as a matter of fact. You ask a question that you do not understand the context of.

[/quote] Exactly, What I was going to say, we are in the here and now, and there is no excuse for you not to take your Bible to Church! :smt018

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back