Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If God Loved everyone !

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
S

savedbygrace57

If God loved everyone, whats the sense of Jesus making a statement like this ?

Jn 14:

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Why say this if God loves everyone any way ?

savedbygrace57 said:

Jn 14:

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Maybe because God does not love everyone? God hated Esau and loved Jacob.

So, why say "God of love", when it isn't actually true? If he only loves those who love him back, then he really hates most of creation.

Cornelius said:
savedbygrace57 said:

Jn 14:

Maybe because God does not love everyone? God hated Esau and loved Jacob.

Agreed..

if God Loved everyone, why verses like these prov 8:

17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

If a person has no evidence of loving God, which loving His Truth, Gospel, and people are evidence of, then there is no proof that person is Loved of God..

Similar to what Jesus says in jn 14:

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

If those commandments are not being kept, then there is no evidence that one is Loved of the Father or Jesus christ..

So, as a parent, . . . do you refuse to love your infant, baby, toddler, young child, . . . until it is old enough to return a valid love back to you? If you don't, . . . why? If your baby [unfortunately] had a birth defect that never allowed him/her to acknowledge you, never was able to understand your love, . . . would that matter to you?

He loves all of us through His mercy by not immediately punishing us for our sin. He may chasten us but His wrath awaits those who put their faith in wickedness. He gives us the opportunity to repent and offers eternal life through Jesus Christ.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Psalms 118:18 The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death.
Psalms 118:19 Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD:
Psalms 118:20 This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter.
Psalms 118:21 I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
Psalms 118:22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
Psalms 118:23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.

But there are those who reject Christ as Savior. They reject the love of God, the gift of His Son on the cross.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Orion said:
So, as a parent, . . . do you refuse to love your infant, baby, toddler, young child, . . . until it is old enough to return a valid love back to you? If you don't, . . . why? If your baby [unfortunately] had a birth defect that never allowed him/her to acknowledge you, never was able to understand your love, . . . would that matter to you?

All men are not Gods children..and He is not their Father jn 8:

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

vs 42

42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Now, do you believe Jesus here ? Does jesus seem to indicate that these did not have God as their Father ?

savedbygrace57 said:
Orion said:

44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

vs 42

42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Now, do you believe Jesus here ? Does jesus seem to indicate that these did not have God as their Father ?

Exactly.
We are adopted. There is much scripture on this point, another topic though.

savedbygrace57 said:
Orion said:

vs 42

So, what if their father isn't "the devil"? And of what sense is that to begin with?

Regardless, is it in your rights to take someone else's children and beat them over and over again for the rest of their life, and would that make you happy doing so? If not, why?

As a side note, . . . .
He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Why would God make such a being? If he creates nothing "imperfect", why would he make a being to be a murdering liar?

orion says:

So, what if their father isn't "the devil"? And of what sense is that to begin with?

Aint no if, did not you read what Jesus said ? Jn 8:

Orion,
It's the spirit of rebellion that keeps one from God's gift of eternal life. I don't think God will make you do something you don't want to do, be with Him.
Do you want to be with Him for eternity?

I haven't heard anything, personally, from God, so I don't know enough to make that sort of decision. If I can ONLY go off of the holy book, . . . I really don't think so. That is a big "if", though, because I don't believe any human work can ever adequately characterize a divine being enough.

This isn't a true "rebellion of a deity". As I see it, it is HIGHLY different to state that someone, who doesn't agree with a work of human hands, is at all equal to a person "openly rebelling against a deity".

That said, I await my the answers to my questions in my previous post. Thanks!

Your questions assume it's all God's fault and you can't be held accountable in any way. That's not true. There are no answers for you unless the answers assume the same. I'm quite sure someone who believes they are not accountable in any way can indeed answer those questions without pause. I can't.
The first thing needed is to throw off that assumption, accept the fact one is indeed accountable, then questions can be answered in truth rather than based on a false premise.

Orion said:
I haven't heard anything, personally, from God

I can't say I believe that statement. You've been here far too long to have not heard The Word.

People say God doesn't speak to people anymore. But through His Son He has indeed spoken to all, through The Word of His testimony.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Through the believer He speaks that Word, He testifies of the Gift of His Son for eternal life. And I'm quite sure somewhere along the line while here you've heard that testimony.

Orion said:
savedbygrace57 said:
Orion said:

vs 42

Regardless, is it in your rights to take someone else's children and beat them over and over again for the rest of their life, and would that make you happy doing so? If not, why?

As a side note, . . . .
He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Why would God make such a being? If he creates nothing "imperfect", why would he make a being to be a murdering liar?

God created Lucifer,,,,it was Lucifers pride that caused him to eventually beome a Murderer and a Liar......

He was a murderer from the beginining of this eart age.....There was a time when Lucifer walked up and down the alter of GOd,,,he was not a murderer then....Do a sudy on the "Mercy Seat".....

Lot to be said about pride. Satan knows how to take advantage of ours. And we can't give Satan too much credit either. :verysad

Rick W said:
Your questions assume it's all God's fault and you can't be held accountable in any way. That's not true. There are no answers for you unless the answers assume the same. I'm quite sure someone who believes they are not accountable in any way can indeed answer those questions without pause. I can't.
The first thing needed is to throw off that assumption, accept the fact one is indeed accountable, then questions can be answered in truth rather than based on a false premise.

Orion said:
I haven't heard anything, personally, from God

I can't say I believe that statement. You've been here far too long to have not heard The Word.

People say God doesn't speak to people anymore. But through His Son He has indeed spoken to all, through The Word of His testimony.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Through the believer He speaks that Word, He testifies of the Gift of His Son for eternal life. And I'm quite sure somewhere along the line while here you've heard that testimony.

I hear what you're saying, . . . but I don't see "the bible" as a definite. I know you do, and that's fine.

(THE) said:
God created Lucifer,,,,it was Lucifers pride that caused him to eventually beome a Murderer and a Liar......

He was a murderer from the beginining of this eart age.....There was a time when Lucifer walked up and down the alter of GOd,,,he was not a murderer then....Do a sudy on the "Mercy Seat".....

It doesn't say "he was eventually a murderer/liar from the beginning". Are we not supposed to take the word as it stands? "A murderer from the beginning" seems pretty straight forward.

Rick W said:
Lot to be said about pride. Satan knows how to take advantage of ours. And we can't give Satan too much credit either. :verysad

Again, I hear what you're saying, . . . . but let's turn this around another direction. Would it be pride that keeps you from believing in Allah? I completely and totally disagree with Islam, but they have faith in their religion and would probably say the same about those who are in Christianity. So, it really isn't a "pride" issue, . . . at least for me.

Anyway, I guess I've already said too much here. My answer to this post is that it is apparent that God does NOT love everyone, . . . as has clearly been seen.

Back