Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Illness troubles

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Some of the harassment continues. They call me "(local doctor)'s little sissy" and stuff, a replay of stuff from a while back. I don't even know what they're talking about, its kinda creepy.

The neighbors will say stuff like "he got passed around, and now he's too old!," blah blah blah. The only good thing is that people --now-- keep their voices down, if its in a store or something. I remember...once, this guy harassed me, loud, while I was checking out at a local Aldi. Fun times.

I was paranoid, for a while, because people around here kept talking about me going to jail, prison, etc., and then that dude man from the probation office came banging on the door, saying I hadn't reported for probation. I --had-- reported, but my probation officer hadn't been in either time I checked in, so...yeah. Super special. Triggered some paranoia. On the plus side, my dad said that if they try to put me in jail, he'll call the lawyer who handled the case initially. That puts my mind at ease.

They really must have no life and nothing better to do. They belong to satan, and your testimony is so powerful the devil is trying to bully you and ruin you so you won't make an impact for Gods glory. But praise God, you have people who love you. You've been given a second chance. Keep holding on. You've won, because Jesus won.

Praying.

Hi Angel,
I'm very confused as to what's happening to you.
Also concerned. Please see a doctor.
I'll be praying for you.

W

I'll keep you up in prayer. Sometimes, medication adjustments do help. A lot of my problems resolved when my doctor added a (surprisingly tolerable+effective) pill for depression. For a lot of people, really bad depression can cause or worsen agitation, psychosis, paranoia, all kindsa stuff. Nobody wants to be over-medicated, but...its made a huge difference in my life.

Just throwing that out there for you....

I was thinking... Prozac really helps my depression, I wonder if I could take it as a PRN when I get depressed? My depression is not clinical, it's circumstancial. What do you think about that Christ_empowered ?

antidepressants need to be taken daily to have a beneficial effect. Sedatives and stimulants can be taken as needed.

I was just throwing that out there...I don't know what your depression is like, but mine can involve paranoia and psychosis. I'm diagnosed with Bipolar I now, but I've also been diagnosed with Schizophrenia by some people in the past. I don't know that there's a really big difference between the two, honestly. I'm moody and if the mood problem gets bad enough, there's psychosis. People with schizophrenia have psychosis and also often have mood problems. What's the difference? Either way, you're on an antipsychotic+ some other stuff.

I also don't think the line between situational and endogenous depression is all that clear, either. I think if people with "biologically rooted" depression dig deep enough, they'll often find stressors. And people with "situational" depression often respond well to meds if its bad enough, so...that would hint at a strong biological component. Again: I don't see a huge difference.

I'm glad Prozac has worked for you in the past. I looked it up, and they make a once weekly Prozac, so..that's convenient. I take Wellbutrin myself, and its been very good to me.

I don't wanna try to play doctor with you, lol. I just know my "psychosis" got a whole lot better once I got the depression under control, and I don't think I'm the only one that's happened to.

:) You're in my prayers, as always.

I'm scared. I want to die peacefully. It hurts. I feel like just not eating. I need prayer.
Angel, are you taking any medication for your problem? I use to lay across the bed in the dark and just give myself up to the Lord. I would dwell upon God's mercy and Grace and dwell in the fact that there is nothing that I have tried to figure out the feeling of helplessness, unworthiness, sadness, and no purpose in my life. I never thought of suicide, but I did feel like it would have been better if I had not been born. I had no appetite and trouble sleeping. While in prayer and supplication, I felt the Spirit of the Lord fill me with peace, joy and comfort. It was the same feeling I had when I was saved. But I noticed that it did not stay and I would fall back in to the same worthless feeling. I finally figured out what the Lord was showing me. In prayer when I went to the Lord, and His healing touch let me know he heard me and He had never left me, But when I fell back into that pathetic feeling, He was showing me I needed to see the Doctor. When I went to the Doctor and told him how I felt, He knew exactly what was wrong with me. He said that I had described the symptoms of depression to the T. I hope this helps.

In Christ
Douglas Summers

Thanks for your concern, Douglas Summers.

I am on medication. The meds don't cure the problems though, so I still struggle. Lots of us do. I'm sorry you were in so much pain, and it makes me happy that you got help. :)

God bless.

hey angel. I'm glad you know when you need a medication and when you don't. I think a lot of times people on the more severe end of the mental illness spectrum end up over- or under-treated, and many of us don't seem to get spot on treatment. I don't know what that's about, but its something I've observed.

I have seen that too! When I was hospitalized I noticed that my fellow patients were taking a LOT of meds. Then I've seen people in programs who are obviously very sick but won't take their meds.

Angel, are you taking any medication for your problem? I use to lay across the bed in the dark and just give myself up to the Lord. I would dwell upon God's mercy and Grace and dwell in the fact that there is nothing that I have tried to figure out the feeling of helplessness, unworthiness, sadness, and no purpose in my life. I never thought of suicide, but I did feel like it would have been better if I had not been born. I had no appetite and trouble sleeping. While in prayer and supplication, I felt the Spirit of the Lord fill me with peace, joy and comfort. It was the same feeling I had when I was saved. But I noticed that it did not stay and I would fall back in to the same worthless feeling. I finally figured out what the Lord was showing me. In prayer when I went to the Lord, and His healing touch let me know he heard me and He had never left me, But when I fell back into that pathetic feeling, He was showing me I needed to see the Doctor. When I went to the Doctor and told him how I felt, He knew exactly what was wrong with me. He said that I had described the symptoms of depression to the T. I hope this helps.

In Christ
Douglas Summers
Doctors and medicine are a way for God to heal us just like having a necessary operation is. We can't expect God to be doing miracles for us (all) every moment of the day. He also expects us to be wise and use the methods of healing He has made available to us.

W

Thanks, Christ_empowered for your thoughts. I'm not depressed all the time so taking a regular anti-depressant wouldn't help all that much. I do have good days!!!
I agree with CE.
Anti-depressant pills won't help unless you're really depressed.
We all go through sad periods or periods of emotional stress due to different reasons.
Unfortunately, most times we give ourselves stress or others do. It passes eventually.
This is exactly the time when God helps us. When true depression sets in, we do need pills to help us get over it - unless God desires to do a miracle for us.

I like to list the three main causes of human misery every now and then - this is a good time:

Ourselves - by wrong choices
Others - by not following God's rules (for instance the Golden Rule)
Nature - by becoming dangerous; strong winds, wild fires, quakes, etc.

W

Praying for you, too. At one point I was so desperate I tried psychic stuff for the pain and other medical problems. It was no help. I won't consider suicide again, but I do seem to pray nearly everyday for the Lord to take me already.

No advice to give you, but some people think that the ones in pain now are being pulled down by Satan's minions, as the Rapture is imminent and they are already "in line".

I agree with CE.
Anti-depressant pills won't help unless you're really depressed.
We all go through sad periods or periods of emotional stress due to different reasons.
Unfortunately, most times we give ourselves stress or others do. It passes eventually.
This is exactly the time when God helps us. When true depression sets in, we do need pills to help us get over it - unless God desires to do a miracle for us.

I like to list the three main causes of human misery every now and then - this is a good time:

Ourselves - by wrong choices
Others - by not following God's rules (for instance the Golden Rule)
Nature - by becoming dangerous; strong winds, wild fires, quakes, etc.

W
I wonder of all the good God does for me while I'm suffering... It's hard to understand why bad things happen. But I know I can trust Him. It's confusing, but I know he loves me.

Praying for you, too. At one point I was so desperate I tried psychic stuff for the pain and other medical problems. It was no help. I won't consider suicide again, but I do seem to pray nearly everyday for the Lord to take me already.

No advice to give you, but some people think that the ones in pain now are being pulled down by Satan's minions, as the Rapture is imminent and they are already "in line".

Thanks KevinK :)
Your prayers are valued. I know you deal with a lot of pain and I want to support you and pray for you too!

Dear Sister Angel, God’s salvation is multifaceted given by grace trough faith. God resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble, and it seems that we cannot even receive grace until God brings us to the place we reach out in humility to receive deliverance from the many trials we may suffer. I think of that perfect and righteous man Job facing all the humiliation of even friends to bring him to the place God could reward him, Paul having a thorn in the flesh to keep him humble, and the remainder of Jesus’ disciples all but being drug under a bus as they endured the testing of their faith.

The very things we fear and that God brings us through is that which we might be able to console others with the consolation we have received. We can’t run with the message we don’t know, and my friend giving a Youth Camp seminar I’m transcribing remembers a woman having lost her daughter to suicide or murder was approached by another lady expressing sympathy who said I know just how you feel. The woman still in sorrow asked: have you ever lost a child by suicide? Well no . . . THEN YOU DON’T KNOW HOW I FEEL!

Dear Angel, don’t despair the things we all are led through to have God’s best; He is not done with us yet and when we see Him our reward will be with Him. Did Paul carry that thing in his flesh he prayed three times to have removed? I have no idea, but I know this following statement near the end of his earthly race show me he had overcome the difficulties God had brought Paul so as to have God’s best.

2 Tim 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2 Tim 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2 Tim 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2 Tim 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

My prayers continue for you in Jesus' name. :wave2

Thanks KevinK :)
Your prayers are valued. I know you deal with a lot of pain and I want to support you and pray for you too!
You're welcome. The ones being pulled down, also feel sluggish. Do you? I do- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (now called SEID).

Angel why don't you try an see a Christian psychologist.They are specially trained to deal with cases like yours now that you mention your struggle with Satan.Speak to your Pastor who I am sure could also give you some more detail on how these Christian psychologists operate.
Thats if you havn't tried this route already.

Back