Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Illness troubles

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Thanks for your concern, Douglas Summers.

I am on medication. The meds don't cure the problems though, so I still struggle. Lots of us do. I'm sorry you were in so much pain, and it makes me happy that you got help. :)

God bless.
You are right about the meds. They help you cope but they do not cure. All depression is not psychotic. Some of it is physical. With me, my body does not produce a chemical that gives you the feeling of well-being.. When I was younger, I would panic and go the hospital emergency room, but I did not know how to describe what was wrong and I would just go back home. Prozac never helped me, Paxil worked better.

I think you're right to look for an older woman to fellowship with and learn from. My friend, Verna, has been an incredible friend to me, a real...mentor, guide, etc. I mean, men and women approach life and Christ somewhat differently, but she's taught me so much about the faith and Christ and holding on...its amazing.

I dunno...I wish I could give a counselor or psychologist two thumbs up, but...you know me...I've had some terrible experiences. If you do go, I'd recommend a female counselor over a male one.

Its hard, to be severely mentally ill in 21st century America. I read somewhere that people with more severe illnesses actually did --better-- in the 19th century than we do now. No lie. The experts think it has to do with stronger family and community bonds. These days...increasingly...its every man (or woman) for himself (or herself). That's not good for anybody's mental health.

Dear Sister Angel, God’s salvation is multifaceted given by grace trough faith. God resists the proud but gives grace unto the humble, and it seems that we cannot even receive grace until God brings us to the place we reach out in humility to receive deliverance from the many trials we may suffer. I think of that perfect and righteous man Job facing all the humiliation of even friends to bring him to the place God could reward him, Paul having a thorn in the flesh to keep him humble, and the remainder of Jesus’ disciples all but being drug under a bus as they endured the testing of their faith.

The very things we fear and that God brings us through is that which we might be able to console others with the consolation we have received. We can’t run with the message we don’t know, and my friend giving a Youth Camp seminar I’m transcribing remembers a woman having lost her daughter to suicide or murder was approached by another lady expressing sympathy who said I know just how you feel. The woman still in sorrow asked: have you ever lost a child by suicide? Well no . . . THEN YOU DON’T KNOW HOW I FEEL!

Dear Angel, don’t despair the things we all are led through to have God’s best; He is not done with us yet and when we see Him our reward will be with Him. Did Paul carry that thing in his flesh he prayed three times to have removed? I have no idea, but I know this following statement near the end of his earthly race show me he had overcome the difficulties God had brought Paul so as to have God’s best.

2 Tim 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
2 Tim 4:6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
2 Tim 4:7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
2 Tim 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

My prayers continue for you in Jesus' name. :wave2
Thanks Eugene! The scripture in Timothy was VERY helpful :)

Angel why don't you try an see a Christian psychologist.They are specially trained to deal with cases like yours now that you mention your struggle with Satan.Speak to your Pastor who I am sure could also give you some more detail on how these Christian psychologists operate.
Thats if you havn't tried this route already.
I've tried but it's hard to get one through Medicaid. But since it's a good idea I'll look into it again. :)

I think you're right to look for an older woman to fellowship with and learn from. My friend, Verna, has been an incredible friend to me, a real...mentor, guide, etc. I mean, men and women approach life and Christ somewhat differently, but she's taught me so much about the faith and Christ and holding on...its amazing.

I dunno...I wish I could give a counselor or psychologist two thumbs up, but...you know me...I've had some terrible experiences. If you do go, I'd recommend a female counselor over a male one.

Its hard, to be severely mentally ill in 21st century America. I read somewhere that people with more severe illnesses actually did --better-- in the 19th century than we do now. No lie. The experts think it has to do with stronger family and community bonds. These days...increasingly...its every man (or woman) for himself (or herself). That's not good for anybody's mental health.
Funny- I was wondering last night if being schiz was harder way back then. Guess not! I am so thankful for the coping skills I have through technology.

I thank God for finally recognizing my favorite drugs. Natural human body products that can be abused. For years anger drove my adrenaline production. A few thoughts and I was high, and still I have to watch my thoughts.
Really it is him guiding my thoughts.

A few pain thoughts and I release endorphins. Way too much endorphins and I come pretty close to being out of contact with reality.

Oh I avoid drugs out of bottles, but really and truly I think addiction is much more defined by our thoughts than anything else.

If I allow God to direct my thoughts I have a drug factory inside myself to balance my existence. Can I always get it to work? No. Do I fail at times? Yes. Do I suggest everyone throw away every bottled medication? No.

What I am suggesting is considering there is a creation installed treatment system. I do not think we should try and run the system, but realize it is there. Realize we may abuse the system in ignorance, and ask for help.
Revelation 3:20 is my favorite personal treatment plan. Any man? Sure.

eddif

Back