Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Infidelity

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Since when is exerting your rights and authority bullying?

And how is showing someone who is caught up in lust (or any addiction) a sample of the consequences wrong?

If you Matthew G were supinely speeding in your car towards a collapsed bridge... would you be upset with me for trying to stop you? Even if it took me throwing a rock into the side of your car to get your attention?

Let's be reasonable here.

Infidelity is not just a junior high jealousy kissy thing with a steady sweetheart... it's betrayal, it's giving to another what you swore till death do you part before God was exclusively your spouse's possession. It hurts spouse, children, parents, siblings on all sides of the three / four parties involved (the two adulterers and the victim spouse(s) ).

Bullying... {shaking head} people have killed over adultery.

Forgiveness has been turned into license and grace into lawlessness and the innocent suffer,how many times should one "forgive" adultery ? seven times ? oh my no seventy times seven because we know its all about the guilty these days....the innocent are theirs to do with as they please,to be used as they please and they must keep coming back for more and more.

Are we to believe that Adultery is not a sin but some grand plan to bring one into the light and the dawn of a new day and it builds character and makes one a better person for having gone through it.

Last edited by a moderator:
he needs to do it because he wants to - because he wants to be the man of God he is supposed to be (which includes his role as a husband).
Words of wisdom there. I had to learn this, but oh how it changes everything. I wish I had some advice or comfort for you bentnotbroken, he has to want to change. It seems people don't change people, we can influence them, but it was seeing a risen Christ that actually changed the apostiles. I hope this doesn't sound cliche, but all I have to offer is pray to the one who can change people.
Blessings to you!

Let's be reasonable here.

So you're saying that there's no difference between him filling his role because he's made to and because he wants to?

I'm sorry, but that's comparing apples and snow blowers.

He can't be the man he is supposed to be because someone makes him. It will always be done with grumbling and half-heartedness (if even half), and full of anger because he's doing something he doesn't want to do.

If he wants to be the man he is supposed to then he will do so with joy, and take pride in stepping into the shoes God laid out for him.

I don't want my husband to be something because he feels like he has to in order to remain in a marriage. The infidelity has caused me personally so much pain and anguish. I don't understand how or why this happened. I don't understand how he was so kind and loving to my face and did this behind my back. What I do know and understand at this point is that God loves me and that I need to turn this situation over to him. This is not an easy task but I know I can no longer manage on my own and I need to turn it over to him.

I don't want my husband to be something because he feels like he has to in order to remain in a marriage. The infidelity has caused me personally so much pain and anguish. I don't understand how or why this happened. I don't understand how he was so kind and loving to my face and did this behind my back. What I do know and understand at this point is that God loves me and that I need to turn this situation over to him. This is not an easy task but I know I can no longer manage on my own and I need to turn it over to him.
Amen.

Back